It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
self edit - off topic
edit on 5-3-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: JoeRivers

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: all2human

It's amazing how people are overreacting. I noticed this week that people are not flushing public toilets. They think the handle carries CoronaVirus, lol.

So true !

Its not true, you literally can get it from flushing handles

Oh really? Be sure to point to the studies that validate your claim. I'll post one here that refutes yours:

"Some coronaviruses can live on surfaces for days,but not much is known about the new coronavirus' ability to survive on surfaces."

Source: www.livescience.com...

Don't let facts get in the way of your hyperventilating fear mongering.

Do you wanna take the risk and be the one that confirms it?

What risk? Every 37 seconds someone dies from hear disease in the US. You have more risk continuing to eat at McDonalds than you do of getting CV. But stay locked in your bunker mate and letting CNN program you.

Heart disease isn’t contagious

But in this thread stupidity and fear mongering CLEARLY is.

Well, just give it a couple more weeks. Only time will tell. Personally, I think we are on a bad track, heading for a broken bridge.

You guys said that 2 weeks ago. Should we wait another 2 weeks for you to say, "Just wait another 2 weeks" ?

Yep.

Two weeks ago we had 0 in the US. We now have 215 and 12 deaths. Those are just the confirmed, and they have not been testing like they should have. Exponential spread takes a little while to get rolling, but once it does...

Looks like the afternoon troll crew has all checked in. Do you guys have each other on messenger? LOL

Telling the truth is trolling now? Hmm...

I have said right along, don't panic, but be prepared.

I sincerely hope you are right, and I am wrong. In 3 weeks, PM me if we are not seeing this widespread in the US, and I will be happy to make a public apology, and admit that I was preparing for nothing.

Wait...your alt account said we needed to wait 2 weeks. Now it's up to 3 weeks?

No where have I said CV isn't a serious virus nor have I said anyone should be careless. What you trolls keep missing is I'm telling you that none of you have presented one single shread of data to back your NON STOP FEAR MONGERING.

That's it. Get it and shut up.

I said a couple, not 2. But whatever. 2 it is.

What alt account? I have none.

3,348 deaths world wide. 3,013 of those deaths occurred in China. Chinese men make up 51% of the world's smokers meaning most most Chinese men smoke and have really bad respiratory health. So it stands to reason if you get a serious upper respiratory infection and you happen to be a life long smoker chances are you are not going to fare well.

So 90% of the CV deaths came from a country with:

- No epidemic plan
- A population of men where nearly everyone smokes
- Chinese govt reacted waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slowly before taking affirmative action

And we are left with 335 deaths across the rest of the world.

If you are old, have prior respiratory health issues, or are in generally poor health there are PLENTY of current viruses that can knock you off including Corona Virus.

You guys get on here and completely ignore the basic common sense points (posted above) and instead run with "the sky is falling" fear mongering and literally won't shut up about it. Keep posting the nuclear explosion map run by Johns Hopkins because it ads to the fear factor you trolls like to keep going here.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's amazing how people are overreacting. I noticed this week that people are not flushing public toilets. They think the handle carries CoronaVirus, lol.

So true !

Oh really? Be sure to point to the studies that validate your claim. I'll post one here that refutes yours:

"Some coronaviruses can live on surfaces for days,but not much is known about the new coronavirus' ability to survive on surfaces."

What risk? Every 37 seconds someone dies from hear disease in the US. You have more risk continuing to eat at McDonalds than you do of getting CV. But stay locked in your bunker mate and letting CNN program you.

Well, just give it a couple more weeks. Only time will tell. Personally, I think we are on a bad track, heading for a broken bridge.

You guys said that 2 weeks ago. Should we wait another 2 weeks for you to say, "Just wait another 2 weeks" ?

Yep.

Two weeks ago we had 0 in the US. We now have 215 and 12 deaths. Those are just the confirmed, and they have not been testing like they should have. Exponential spread takes a little while to get rolling, but once it does...

Looks like the afternoon troll crew has all checked in. Do you guys have each other on messenger? LOL

I sincerely hope you are right, and I am wrong. In 3 weeks, PM me if we are not seeing this widespread in the US, and I will be happy to make a public apology, and admit that I was preparing for nothing.

That would be wrong. As you will never prepare for nothing. Always be prepared. Always doubt your source. No need to apologize for your believes.

Will it be wide spread? Yes. Will it be overly deadly? I doubt that.

Either way I'm good.

And if this is intended for me:

Worse than that. There is at least one poster that is hoping for culling of the old and sick. Pretty twisted.

Yes by all means. I do hope that if this is a culling of the herd we are left with a fresh, young, educated, bright, non-polarising community and we are finally able to build a good future for humanity as a whole.

But for me you are free to disagree with that.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: SpartanStoic

OK, so those you know who didn't get SARS vaccines don't have Covid... I'm not going to fall into a causation fallacy and say that indicates a connection between the two, but I'm also not willing to say there isn't some reason to be interested in just how many confirmed Covid infected also received SARS vaccines, or even flu vaccines or pneumonia vaccines in the past. It would be *interesting* if those who got prior vaccinations made up a higher percentage of current Covid infected and it would be beyond *interesting* if they made up a higher percentage of serious condition or deceased Covid cases... not that I'd ever expect we little people to be told that if it were the case, as the law suits and outrage would be magnificent.

^^^^^^ best post of my evening reading!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Number in the US is now 221. Quite an uptick since yesterday.

Might this be because of the now loosened restrictions on testing? Up till yesterday, hospitals were only allowed to test those that had close contact with someone infected, or had traveled to an affected area.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
CNN is hosting a Coronavirus town hall tonight.

www.cnn.com...

Who will we hear from?
Six experts are joining tonight:
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Ron Klain, President Barack Obama's Ebola response coordinator
- Dr. Craig Spencer, the American doctor who contracted Ebola while treating patients in Guinea
- Dr. Mark Rupp, chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, infectious diseases epidemiologist with the World Health Organization
- Dr. Nathan Wolfe, virologist and infectious diseases expert

Will any of these experts sound the alarm on live tv ?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

So true !

Yep.

Wait...your alt account said we needed to wait 2 weeks. Now it's up to 3 weeks?

No where have I said CV isn't a serious virus nor have I said anyone should be careless. What you trolls keep missing is I'm telling you that none of you have presented one single shread of data to back your NON STOP FEAR MONGERING.

That's it. Get it and shut up.

I said a couple, not 2. But whatever. 2 it is.

What alt account? I have none.

3,348 deaths world wide. 3,013 of those deaths occurred in China. Chinese men make up 51% of the world's smokers meaning most most Chinese men smoke and have really bad respiratory health. So it stands to reason if you get a serious upper respiratory infection and you happen to be a life long smoker chances are you are not going to fare well.

So 90% of the CV deaths came from a country with:

- No epidemic plan
- A population of men where nearly everyone smokes
- Chinese govt reacted waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slowly before taking affirmative action

And we are left with 335 deaths across the rest of the world.

If you are old, have prior respiratory health issues, or are in generally poor health there are PLENTY of current viruses that can knock you off including Corona Virus.

You guys get on here and completely ignore the basic common sense points (posted above) and instead run with "the sky is falling" fear mongering and literally won't shut up about it. Keep posting the nuclear explosion map run by Johns Hopkins because it ads to the fear factor you trolls like to keep going here.

I totally get your point about fear mongering.
Someone posted earlier to stop the BS about people here with $400 in their bank account and no funds to prepare. LOLOL. Yeah, totally yeah, a LOT OF US, live like this everyday. I'm doing good to pay my rent AND afford toilet paper in any given month.

Please watch the ABC news conference that I sited earlier, as it's real people, real relatives of people in that long term care facility in Kirkland, WA.

No, no one here is running with the fear mongering. We are reading medical research papers, and looking at statistics, as they are reported, and weighing that against the response that we are seeing in global locales, countries, states and lastly, counties.....as these REAL PEOPLE deal with REAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

Even if it's a configurated disaster, you MUST consider the effect of it, on all the attendant levels....but you attacking someone here detracts, necessarily, from people trying to do just that.
regards,
tetra

(post by elitegamer23 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am doing my part to help stop the spread of COVID19, or whatever they are calling it today.

I just gave the woman some hand sanitizer through the drive through window before she handed me my food at Dairy Queen.

She didnt hesitate and actually thanked me.

People need to be more receptive and do your part.

Together we can make a difference in these trying times.

I figure something to lighten the mood a little. It escalated pretty quickly in here. Now excuse my while I go find a trash can because liejunkie01 doesn't litter.
edit on 5-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

(post by Mark98SS removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
When I read the posts on daily mail story's about this virus, 95% of people posting still believe this is nothing compared to the seasonal flu! They don't believe this virus is going to be much worse.

Good. They are smart people. Until it ACTUALLY BECOMES AN EPIDEMIC why the hell would you think it is going to become one? Why? Because a couple of countries got caught with their pants down?

Here is a current list of ACTUAL epidemics going on right now:

Chikungunya
Cholera
Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever
Ebola virus disease
Hendra virus infection
Influenza (pandemic, seasonal, zoonotic)
Lassa fever
Marburg virus disease
Meningitis
MERS-CoV
Monkeypox
Nipah virus infection
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Plague
Rift Valley fever
SARS
Smallpox
Tularaemia
Yellow fever
Zika virus disease

Zika, yellow fever, and Ebola are blood borne and not transmitted as easily
None of the others have gained 100k infected in the last 90 days
SARS and MERS never gained over 20k combined during the last outbreak
Smallpox has a vaccine and is not currently a US pandemic
Influenza has a .4 mortality and a 1.2 r=0, furthermore influenza has been around for ages and body has been able to successfully combat it due to such
Covid has a 3.4 mortality and 2-3 r=0

Before you continue the condescending and contrarian attitude at least be educated

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

That may be true, and when hospitals close and medical supply chains fail from this virus, you can expect the heart disease deaths to tick up an order of magnitude faster for a while, as heart attacks and heart failure become more lethal (for a while). SO heart disease may start killing someone in the US once every 3 seconds, or something like that.

edit on 5-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So true !

You say fear mongering and then state to prevent heart disease we should not frequent McDonald’s. Are u fear mongering heart disease?
We see a novel disease and don’t entirely trust the info being put forth by some and decide not to panic, but prepare just in case along with sharing information and updates we come across

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am doing my part to help stop the spread of COVID19, or whatever they are calling it today.

I just gave the woman some hand sanitizer through the drive through window before she handed me my food at Dairy Queen.

She didnt hesitate and actually thanked me.

People need to be more receptive and do your part.

Together we can make a difference in these trying times.

I figure something to lighten the mood a little. It escalated pretty quickly in here. Now excuse my while I go find a trash can because liejunkie01 doesn't litter.

Never thought of that. Good thinking.

I have decided that we are not eating out anywhere for the next couple of weeks, until we can tell which way this thing is blowing.

link   

So true !

Two weeks ago the US had 15 cases. Those numbers didn’t change for days. We have gained over 100 in less than 72 hours.
You tell us

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So true !

Guess how many people come down with the flu every 37 seconds? Guess how many current flu cases there are. More than 1 BILLION. LOL. Stay on the doom and gloom wagon mate.

I’ve been a microbiologist for a decade and have worked in a BSL 3 lab. I’ll trust my own opinions over yours

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join