It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: JoeRivers

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: all2human

It's amazing how people are overreacting. I noticed this week that people are not flushing public toilets. They think the handle carries CoronaVirus, lol.

So true !

Its not true, you literally can get it from flushing handles

Oh really? Be sure to point to the studies that validate your claim. I'll post one here that refutes yours:

"Some coronaviruses can live on surfaces for days,but not much is known about the new coronavirus' ability to survive on surfaces."

Source: www.livescience.com...

Don't let facts get in the way of your hyperventilating fear mongering.

Do you wanna take the risk and be the one that confirms it?

What risk? Every 37 seconds someone dies from hear disease in the US. You have more risk continuing to eat at McDonalds than you do of getting CV. But stay locked in your bunker mate and letting CNN program you.

Heart disease isn’t contagious

But in this thread stupidity and fear mongering CLEARLY is.

Well, just give it a couple more weeks. Only time will tell. Personally, I think we are on a bad track, heading for a broken bridge.

You guys said that 2 weeks ago. Should we wait another 2 weeks for you to say, "Just wait another 2 weeks" ?

link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Who are you talking to?

Yourself? 😂
edit on 5-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: tetra50
I was still a little "on the fence" till I saw that news conference with relatives from the long term care facility patients in Kirkland, WA. How do I describe being "on the fence," in this particular situation, as so much remains unknown? That response, "news" of every kind about said virus, lack of certain, specific news, and what's being said/reported vs. actions......

Seems very concerning to me. Now, many will say....."well, those are all old people.....

What's that about I didn't speak when they came for these folks or those folks, and then they came for me? And lots of us about still love, respect and admire our old people, and do the best for them that we can, just as they did for us, raising us. And that's not anecdotal, btw, but doesn't have to be to understand it. In other words, my parents were total #storms....lol, but I totally understand people caring very much about their parents, grandparents, etc.

Still, I have to wonder what we've come to as a society, that I see so many comment here that as long as it's just affecting older people, it isn't all that concerning.
regards and stay safe,
tetra

Worse than that. There is at least one poster that is hoping for culling of the old and sick. Pretty twisted.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's amazing how people are overreacting. I noticed this week that people are not flushing public toilets. They think the handle carries CoronaVirus, lol.

So true !

Oh really? Be sure to point to the studies that validate your claim. I'll post one here that refutes yours:

"Some coronaviruses can live on surfaces for days,but not much is known about the new coronavirus' ability to survive on surfaces."

What risk? Every 37 seconds someone dies from hear disease in the US. You have more risk continuing to eat at McDonalds than you do of getting CV. But stay locked in your bunker mate and letting CNN program you.

Guess how many people come down with the flu every 37 seconds? Guess how many current flu cases there are. More than 1 BILLION. LOL. Stay on the doom and gloom wagon mate.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: celltypespecific

twitter.com...

Meanwhile.....

hmmmmm??

I think we’re going to see Western country’s pretty much take the view that containment is lost now and anything else will be expensive and damaging to the all important economy.

Time to let her rip potato chip - see where we end up. It’s only a Corona Flu thing according to Trump. Very mild. Fuch it, just go to work.

And somewhere in the dark halls of Washington, London, Paris, Berlin little bean counters will be ticking off the lives of the old and infirm as expendable. Virus is doing us a favour they will muse. Let’s face it, to these lunatics we are ALL expendable.
I&d like to see where he says just go to work.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Marburg virus disease

...by far the scariest virus I can think of. Basically a death sentence.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: SpartanStoic

OK, so those you know who didn't get SARS vaccines don't have Covid... I'm not going to fall into a causation fallacy and say that indicates a connection between the two, but I'm also not willing to say there isn't some reason to be interested in just how many confirmed Covid infected also received SARS vaccines, or even flu vaccines or pneumonia vaccines in the past. It would be *interesting* if those who got prior vaccinations made up a higher percentage of current Covid infected and it would be beyond *interesting* if they made up a higher percentage of serious condition or deceased Covid cases... not that I'd ever expect we little people to be told that if it were the case, as the law suits and outrage would be magnificent.

Yah, and meanwhile, let's ramp up efforts at a new vaccine.....even while we've this limited evidence, and medical research telling us, overall, that there are very real reasons why you cannot develop an HIV vaccine and this is much the same......

sigh. oh well.
stay safe,
tetra

link   

So true !

Well, just give it a couple more weeks. Only time will tell. Personally, I think we are on a bad track, heading for a broken bridge.

You guys said that 2 weeks ago. Should we wait another 2 weeks for you to say, "Just wait another 2 weeks" ?

Yep.

Two weeks ago we had 0 in the US. We now have 215 and 12 deaths. Those are just the confirmed, and they have not been testing like they should have. Exponential spread takes a little while to get rolling, but once it does...

link   

Marburg virus disease

Marburg disease

...by far the scariest virus I can think of. Basically a death sentence.

Yeah it is literally something from a nightmare.
edit on 5-3-2020 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Seattle buys an Econolodge for quarantine..... :/

www.seattlepi.com...

an 85 bed facility? That would seem to indicate they expect the numbers to be fairly low.

Forgot to add the plan to build pods in public parking lots. It’s not JUST the Econolodge.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
I was still a little "on the fence" till I saw that news conference with relatives from the long term care facility patients in Kirkland, WA. How do I describe being "on the fence," in this particular situation, as so much remains unknown? That response, "news" of every kind about said virus, lack of certain, specific news, and what's being said/reported vs. actions......

Seems very concerning to me. Now, many will say....."well, those are all old people.....

What's that about I didn't speak when they came for these folks or those folks, and then they came for me? And lots of us about still love, respect and admire our old people, and do the best for them that we can, just as they did for us, raising us. And that's not anecdotal, btw, but doesn't have to be to understand it. In other words, my parents were total #storms....lol, but I totally understand people caring very much about their parents, grandparents, etc.

Still, I have to wonder what we've come to as a society, that I see so many comment here that as long as it's just affecting older people, it isn't all that concerning.
regards and stay safe,
tetra

Worse than that. There is at least one poster that is hoping for culling of the old and sick. Pretty twisted.

Yes, I know. I have seen that, too. That's our supposed way out of debt and populous issues.......just kill off disabled, elderly, collecting SSI, taking up space and money, and all will supposedly be good after that. Never mind you just forfeited your friggin soul......lol. But maybe if you are suggesting that, you already didn't have one any longer.
stay safe,
tetra50

ETA: Never mind that there are very good minds addressing feeding the entire populous, dealing with plastic pollution, etc.....let's just kill folks off....
edit on 5-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

(post by Bicent removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Telling the truth is trolling now? Hmm...

I have said right along, don't panic, but be prepared.

I sincerely hope you are right, and I am wrong. In 3 weeks, PM me if we are not seeing this widespread in the US, and I will be happy to make a public apology, and admit that I was preparing for nothing.
edit on Thu Mar 5 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Seattle buys an Econolodge for quarantine..... :/

www.seattlepi.com...

an 85 bed facility? That would seem to indicate they expect the numbers to be fairly low.

Forgot to add the plan to build pods in public parking lots. It’s not JUST the Econolodge.

Are those the same pods that I saw in a post earlier? They looked like phone booths. What are you supposed to do, stand in them for 14 days?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I believe that would be the Zaire Ebola Virus, it’s the worst of the three Ebola viruses, Marburg being the lesser.

(post by 1point92AU removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So true !

Yep.

Two weeks ago we had 0 in the US. We now have 215 and 12 deaths. Those are just the confirmed, and they have not been testing like they should have. Exponential spread takes a little while to get rolling, but once it does...

Looks like the afternoon troll crew has all checked in. Do you guys have each other on messenger? LOL

Telling the truth is trolling now? Hmm...

I have said right along, don't panic, but be prepared.

I sincerely hope you are right, and I am wrong. In 3 weeks, PM me if we are not seeing this widespread in the US, and I will be happy to make a public apology, and admit that I was preparing for nothing.

Wait...your alt account said we needed to wait 2 weeks. Now it's up to 3 weeks?

No where have I said CV isn't a serious virus nor have I said anyone should be careless. What you trolls keep missing is I'm telling you that none of you have presented one single shread of data to back your NON STOP FEAR MONGERING.

That's it. Get it and shut up.

I said a couple, not 2. But whatever. 2 it is.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join