It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:
(post by 1point92AU removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I disagree on 401k. When the market turmoil started, the smart folks ceased 401K investments for the time being, same as many of us did in 2008. You may lose what you've already got in there, but there's no logic in throwing additional money out the window and the 401K investment system is setup such that quick losses are a lot easier to see than huge gains. If we see a few days of massive gains happen, those won't usually equate to equally huge retirement account growth unless you're heavily invested in high risk/high yield stocks.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I’m not sure how the US safeguards pensions or investments but is it not prudent to at least think about it? Certain economies WILL crash. The situation is looking bleaker by the day, so I wouldn’t try to deter people who’s livelihood or survival depends on getting cash.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The article says 14% have a recurrence. I can't find stats on it, but influenza relapse is also a known issue with flu viruses. Ultimately I still believe that's what this is, a new flu virus. All new flus hit extremely hard their first year, then seem to become a lot less aggressive in subsequent seasons.

Except, if the medical research papers that have been cited here are true, then it's not exactly a "new flu virus." There are spike proteins, different from other swine or SARS, with common etiology/epidemiology genomics for HIV spike proteins, providing an adherence to antigens developed after first infection, and finding that way in, while simultaneously, finding the antigen path in to hijack and turn the immune system on itself.

I say all that, not to fear monger, but it's important to know what is being dealt with....
regards and stay safe,
tetra50

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My 17 year old daughter has CoronaVirus 1.0 (aka cold)

I'm ready for sick season to be over, and it seems it has only begun. :/

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I didn't stop contributing, but I did change future contributions to the safest option available. Not giving up the company match.

The company I work for has gotten our janitorial company to a nightly wipe down with either Clorox or Lysol they hit it so hard last night we had to clean our displays before open today.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

The initial paper that started that comparison has been withdrawn.
nationalfile.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Getting creative:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's now in my county just a few miles away from my home. It's listed on this map but I'm not going to say which one.
coronavirus-map.com...

I'm 40 but I've always been physically fit and not prone to illness.

I live with my mother.
She's 64 under weight prone to being dehydrated. Not a healthy person. I don't think she even cares about being healthy.
She doesn't seem to care much about this virus.

I'm worried for her.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Probably just my tinfoil hat...

When was the last time Obama, Bush, or Clinton was seen out?

Obama I get 2/20?

Is this odd for none to be seen around election time?

Forgive me if I've missed something lol

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
I was still a little "on the fence" till I saw that news conference with relatives from the long term care facility patients in Kirkland, WA. How do I describe being "on the fence," in this particular situation, as so much remains unknown? That response, "news" of every kind about said virus, lack of certain, specific news, and what's being said/reported vs. actions......

Seems very concerning to me. Now, many will say....."well, those are all old people.....

What's that about I didn't speak when they came for these folks or those folks, and then they came for me? And lots of us about still love, respect and admire our old people, and do the best for them that we can, just as they did for us, raising us. And that's not anecdotal, btw, but doesn't have to be to understand it. In other words, my parents were total #storms....lol, but I totally understand people caring very much about their parents, grandparents, etc.

Still, I have to wonder what we've come to as a society, that I see so many comment here that as long as it's just affecting older people, it isn't all that concerning.
regards and stay safe,
tetra

Well, the karma cost for this might just be that this coronavirus is going to be a permanent fixture in the environment, and just might be laying in wait for them when they get to be the older generation. Who will be shedding tears then?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Obama I get 2/20?

Valid point, also people like bill gates, the royals and other billionaires , where are they all because if they're aren't easily found chances are they've bunkered down.
edit on 5-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am doing my part to help stop the spread of COVID19, or whatever they are calling it today.

I just gave the woman some hand sanitizer through the drive through window before she handed me my food at Dairy Queen.

She didnt hesitate and actually thanked me.

People need to be more receptive and do your part.

Together we can make a difference in these trying times.

I figure something to lighten the mood a little. It escalated pretty quickly in here. Now excuse my while I go find a trash can because liejunkie01 doesn't litter.

Never thought of that. Good thinking.

I have decided that we are not eating out anywhere for the next couple of weeks, until we can tell which way this thing is blowing.

Yeah, I said we wasnt eating out anymore also, but the wife has a headcold and I really didnt feel like cooking when I got home from work.

I figure, If I get it from the takeout joint in this small town, then it's already to late and we will just deal with it the best we can.

link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Odd number to wait for to have a shutdown, this rumor has been floating around for a while now....

link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Interesting idea for a book.

No one on earth ever lines past 50 because once you get that old the virus kills you.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

A rarely eat fast food , but I really like big Macs, I'm dropping my boy off near a maccas, I'm very very tempted, in fact I think I'm getting one...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Obama I get 2/20?

Valid point, also people like bill gates, the royals and other billionaires , where are they all because if they're aren't easily found chances are they've bunkered down.

I guess Jeff Bezos is still in his bunker in New Zealand.

I have been searching for clues and still haven't seen any public appearances since his jet was seen at the NZ airport.

He done bugged out.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It's now in my county just a few miles away from my home. It's listed on this map but I'm not going to say which one.
coronavirus-map.com...

I'm 40 but I've always been physically fit and not prone to illness.

I live with my mother.
She's 64 under weight prone to being dehydrated. Not a healthy person. I don't think she even cares about being healthy.
She doesn't seem to care much about this virus.

I'm worried for her.

I feel for you. My mom is 65 and works in a major ER.

People can act like this isn’t a big deal but that’s just naive . Even if we all live, the chances of someone we love dying are also there .

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: liejunkie01

A rarely eat fast food , but I really like big Macs, I'm dropping my boy off near a maccas, I'm very very tempted, in fact I think I'm getting one...

I was looking through the window for any signs of sickness. Even though it doesnt help with asymptomatic cases.

new topics

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join