It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I remember not that long ago we were talking about a doubling of cases every 3.5-4 days, and people thought that was a ridiculous number.
We're seeing it double daily in many places now.
Not good.

Looking at each place with significant numbers of cases (over 1,000) it appears the rates peak at about 2 weeks after the outbreak actually hits, then the rate declines.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
can someone provide a link for a USA state by state breakdown? I can't seem to find it at the moment.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
San Francisco Announces First Cases of Coronavirus

The two cases are San Francisco residents who appear to have been infected via community spread, according to Mayor London Breed's Office. The patients have not traveled to a location with confirmed coronavirus cases and they do not have any known contact with other cases.

www.nbcbayarea.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: SpartanStoic

"When the CCP had talks with Nixon’s admin they asked America to take 10 million women from China into America."

To lighten the mood, I wouldn't mind that

Those talks were in 1972, meaning those women are at least in their late 60s by now.

Experience man, experience...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

hahaha shoot, figured someone would catch that. I meant back then though, I wouldn't have minded.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Drudge said earlier in the year that 3 quarters of Americans have less than $400 in savings.

Or even one year paychecks of credit they still need to pay off 😂

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

www.fox8live.com...
edit on 5-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
From the Guardian Live feed 6.39pm, Whittey from the UK Govt, iirc :

“We are moving from a primarily contain model to a primarily delay model”, he said. However, many of the tactics remain the same in both phases, such as identifying carriers and tracing people they have been in contact with, he said.

“That pushes the disease further from the winter pressure period, further out from the period when people have upper respiratory tract infections, and it buys us time to better understand the virus and start the research into vaccines and things like that”, Whitty said

www.theguardian.com...

So they expect the Virus to wait for them to do something ?
"Contain" has failed.
"Delay" is probably not going to listen to the Govt, and wait to spread.

Politician speak, dear lord...

I can't believe anyone is buying this. What are they doing to delay this? Nothing. No schools closed. No official events cancelled. No flights cancelled. And people on my FB timeline saying they are still taking their babies on holiday and going on cruises but will 'prepare for 'quarantine'. These are the same people who will fight over toilet rolls next week.

There are cases in Cornwall and Devon now. In Plymouth where I'm based the Brittany ferry docks. Plenty of French tourists and Brits returning from France on the doorstep. But generally other than hand sanitizer being gone, paracetamol being low, there's no panic shopping. I got laughed at in the playground earlier. 'Just the flu' said 2 mums. Neither of which have any medical background. I told them the CFR was up to 30 times higher and they shrugged.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strifingsoul

Drudge said earlier in the year that 3 quarters of Americans have less than $400 in savings.

Well, if it all goes to hell those will go away at least.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
can someone provide a link for a USA state by state breakdown? I can't seem to find it at the moment.

www.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

and the NYT map shows the states in the US

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: MrRCflying

So say we do pull our kids. What kind of backlash are we going to get from the school systems/local government? I have been wondering about that too. Are they going to come knocking on the door? Send CPS? Nothing?

Rules being rules, I expect that the school districts will treat it as an unexcused absence until the district or state declares that the schools are closed.

What are the repercussions of that? I honestly don't know. All 3 of my kids have had good attendance.

I don't want to start trouble, but if it comes down to safety vs. trouble. I guess trouble is better. I am not going to risk the health of my son who has Asthma, or my elderly mother. I don't want them to be the Corona torpedos that spread it.

Laws vary by state. I would begin looking into the requirements for homeschooling in your state and begin that process immediately.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: pasiphae

It’s different this time, but I don’t wanna get the other ats members knickers, in a bunch. The markets will eventually bounce back I agree.

Remember, the markets are markets. DJIA etc are indices. Investments abound. For example, a great return for a month would have been Campbell's soup, it spiked. Gold is up almost 30% fiscal year on continuous orders. Exxon is investing US$33b in expansion. Pay attention to the market and not always the indicators.

Brent, WTI etc...creates spending, a great deal, at $50 and $46 respectively. Much more than gasoline is refined products.

SAN JOSE (KPIX 5) — Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose is prepping “surge tents” to handle a possible influx of coronavirus cases.....

KPIX5

House passes 8.3 billion to battle coronavirus. (WSJ)

OPEC cutting another 1.5million a day

I stated way back in one of these threads...3m bpd was already anticipated.

This is what is scary. Appears contingencies are in the running.

mg

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I saw the first person locally wearing a mask today. It was one of the medical ones.

My wife and I are going shopping one last time tomorrow. It will be the last time for weeks or months. Already have 6+ months of supplies. Once the fresh stuff is used up, we will start in on the dry goods, and emergency food. Hoping it is not too early. We should have about a months worth of fresh stuff, before I start breaking seals and opening cans. Should give me an idea of where this is heading.

I was thinking of pulling out the Nitrile gloves, and maybe even the N95 masks to go shopping with. I am more concerned about picking it up off surfaces at the moment, than by someone coughing.

Anyone else seeing anyone wearing masks or gloves yet?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm getting more worried TDawg was for real. I mean.... it's looking like he was. 2 strains.... Wuhan has an uptick in cases.... people can get reinfected. Italy and Iran and S Korea getting slammed. This thing is no joke and the US doesn't even know what's going on because we aren't testing. Seattle buys an Econolodge for quarantine..... :/

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And now Bethlehem is on lockdown.

Feels biblical. It's hard to maintain perspective. I keep hoping I will wake up from the nightmare.

twitter.com...

link   
a reply to: MrRCflying
I wore gloves today for the first time.
Mulling over when to don the goggles and mask.

link   
How is it possible that there are still no case in Turkey (many immigrants there and a leading touristic country) and only 4 case in huge Mother Russia?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Another death from the nursing home in King County. 90 year old woman. Brings total to 12 deaths in US.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strifingsoul

Well, if it all goes to hell those will go away at least.

Yep guess so haha...

originally posted by: deccal
How is it possible that there are still no case in Turkey (many immigrants there and a leading touristic country) and only 4 case in huge Mother Russia?

On a sidenote... russia is fine. They got the cure now!
Thinking about ordering a 40ton load for Germany.

pbs.twimg.com...
edit on 5-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

If I knew how to do it all myself I probably would have switched out a bunch of stocks... soup for example. But I inherited my dads IRA and I have never learned how to handle it on my own. It's not a lot of money but it's enough and I need that cushion. So I turned it to cash for now. If this thing blows over in 6 months I'll reinvest. Right now I can't fathom loosing a bunch at one time.

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join