It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
MAcron announces that an Epidemy is "Inexorable" (Inevitable) (In France )

From Live Feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : Also, Paris Marathon on April 5th, is cancelled, may be run in the Autumn/Fall

From BBC Live Feed :
www.bbc.com...

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Did they mention the thresholds?

Like for flu it was around 60 per 100K inhabitants
But for more severe diseases it can be as low as 15 per 100K.

I have not seen any of these numbers for corona though.

But it is quite important to know what epidemic means in numbers before everyone screams "omg it's epidemic now"

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
MAcron announces that an Epidemy is "Inexorable" (Inevitable) (In France )

From Live Feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : Also, Paris Marathon on April 5th, is cancelled, may be run in the Autumn/Fall

From BBC Live Feed :
www.bbc.com...

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Did they mention the thresholds?

Like for flu it was around 60 per 100K inhabitants
But for more severe diseases it can be as low as 15 per 100K.

I have not seen any of these numbers for corona though.

But it is quite important to know what epidemic means in numbers before everyone screams "omg it's epidemic now"

No, it was litteraly just a line in the live feed.
I think he's just pointing out that this is going to spread uncontrollably (may already have).

edit : Somebody who was working on the Metro line 6 in Paris was found to have the virus.
I expect that line to be empty tomorrow, probably.

I'm off for another week, so won't be venturing out unless I need to.
edit on 5-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Italy looks bad

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
New York up to 22 Confirmed cases.
Tweet from Cuomo, on Guardian Live feed, 5.57pm. :

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

my parents were supposed to go on a cruise in a few months through there, the cruise company canceled it and gave them a voucher to use in the next few years. Im glad they arent going, looks like things are going to hell over there

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Could this all be a backlash form the SARS vaccine back in 2003. It was rushed to production and now the virus has come back. Now those who were vaccinated for SARS are now experiencing complications.

However, once the neutralizing epitopes are identified, the inactivated virus vaccine should be replaced by vaccines based on fragments containing neutralizing epitopes since they are safer and more effective. Several reports have showed that SARS-CoV inactivated with formaldehyde, UV light, and β-propiolactone can induce virus-neutralizing antibodies in immunized animals (8–11), and the first inactivated SARS-CoV vaccine is being tested in the clinical trials in China. However, safety of the inactivated vaccine is a serious concern; production workers are at risk for infection during handling of concentrated live SARS-CoV, incomplete virus inactivation may cause SARS outbreaks among the vaccinated populations, and some viral proteins may induce harmful immune or inflammatory responses, even causing SARS-like diseases (12,13).
Link - CDC

Interesting to see what countries were used to test the SARS vaccine.

edit on 5-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: malektaus

That was very good for your parents, and that the cruise company gave voucher because i read earlyer about angry British that were going to cruice in far East but cruice company refused to give money back or give vouchers . Yes Italy is not looking good , and Germany had also quite a lot new cases...hmm

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In the last half hour, Germany has added another 32 or so, making their day more than a doubling of numbers, as did the Netherlands.
www.worldometers.info...

Germany at +252 for today so far (514 Total).
NL at +44 for 82 Total.

edit : Close to doubling for Germany, my maths isn't brill after a couple of beers

(Got Corona at 60% off for the second box, couldn't refuse lol
)
edit on 5-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Have you stopped going to work and are staying indoors?

If not why not?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Back on Jan 27th, celltypespecific gave this forecast of numbers of infected/dead up through around Feb 21st, his numbers were just slightly off.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ontario, Canada

Coronavirus case confirmed in Waterloo region

Health officials say a woman in her 50s contracted the illness during a trip to Italy.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist
Update from my last post as my train of thought clears.

For those without the SARS vaccine they experience what’s closer to the flu symptoms, and sure people can die from those complications. But for those who have the sars vaccine they have much larger complications, like the ones we see from China, people falling over and increased deaths. China among other countries may have used the SARS vaccine because of how it affected them back in 2003. So it’s no wonder why it seem China is the source for this new outbreak. It’s still a a very real and dangerous sars virus, but now it’s attacking violently those who have been vaccinated for SARS.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Officially, yes. However, we'll never know the true scope of infections and deaths in China.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: ShortBus

Officially, yes. However, we'll never know the true scope of infections and deaths in China.

Satellite pics should give a good idea over time.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Going by the latest stats, am I right in thinking that this virus will infect at least 100,000 people in each segment of the World... for example 100,000 in Northern Europe, 100k in Eastern Europe, 100k in Southern Europe, 100k in the UK, 100k in North USA, 100k in West USA, 100k in East USA, 100k in South USA, 100k in East Asia and so on and so on??

I'm going by the above estimated figures based off China at just over 80k infected and the cases seem to be going down daily, if we are being told the true extent, although there are still 25k active cases

Will probably be more than that in some segments because of poor living standards!

Case number in China will be 20-50 times underreported so just adjust your calculations to that and your numbers will fit the real situation.
I guess China is not hitting its whole economy for 80.000/1500000000 with a flu. It must be much more critical to do such a severe quatantine!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are 97,070 confirmed cases worldwide, including 3,351 fatalities.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
From the Guardian Live feed 6.39pm, Whittey from the UK Govt, iirc :

“We are moving from a primarily contain model to a primarily delay model”, he said. However, many of the tactics remain the same in both phases, such as identifying carriers and tracing people they have been in contact with, he said.

“That pushes the disease further from the winter pressure period, further out from the period when people have upper respiratory tract infections, and it buys us time to better understand the virus and start the research into vaccines and things like that”, Whitty said

www.theguardian.com...

So they expect the Virus to wait for them to do something ?
"Contain" has failed.
"Delay" is probably not going to listen to the Govt, and wait to spread.

Politician speak, dear lord...

link   
Has Covid-19 mutated into a more deadly strain? Busting the coronavirus myths
Source

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
I work in Derby but live in Leicestershire, got work tomorrow but trying to gauge the right time when to lock me and my family in if/when the SHTF a reply to: Tracele

I'm tempted to do it after tomorrow. By the end of next week, I think schools may be starting to close, and want to make sure my kid is out before there is a case there.

That is the big problem.
When to save yourself?
I just fear that if we listen to our fearless leaders.... it will be too late.
I have two children that are still in school. they will probably wait until there is a case there before shutting down, and in my opinion, that will be a couple of weeks too late.

Yea, I don't think they are going to shut down until they have at least one case in a local school. By then it will have spread, and too late.

I have been running that question of "when?" through my head for the past few days. I live in New York state, but fairly rural. So for the moment I hope we are safe. I will continue to watch through the weekend, but I feel next week will be OK yet. The following week, is very iffy.

So say we do pull our kids. What kind of backlash are we going to get from the school systems/local government? I have been wondering about that too. Are they going to come knocking on the door? Send CPS? Nothing?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I kind of just wish it would or wouldn't happen already.

I hope it doesn't but the suspense is killing my anxiety.

You and me both brother. And now it is looking like I won't be able to get my anxiety or BP meds. Nice.

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join