It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
[
I'm curious about how you make such a maneuver with a restroom door that opens inwards and you have to actually grab a handle to pull the door towards you to exit. I'm not being facetious, as I have run into this dilemma many times. Sometimes I place my thumbs on the inside of the handle just contacting it with the top of my thumbnails, but am scared to death that someone will barge into the restroom at that exact instant and break some bones in my hands. This, of course, is in those cases where there are no paper towel dispensers for drying your hands.

In those cases where there's no paper with which to open the door, I've used my left hand and considered it contaminated from that moment on.

Gin

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Coronavirus: ‘Recovered’ patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again

A 36-year-old man has died of respiratory failure in Wuhan, five days after being discharged from one of the makeshift hospitals built to contain the outbreak, according to a report by Shanghai-based news portal The Paper.

The report, which was later removed, said Li Liang had been admitted to the hospital – built to treat patients with mild and moderate symptoms – on February 12, according to his wife, surnamed Mei. He was discharged two weeks later with instructions to stay in a quarantine hotel for 14 days.

Mei said her husband was not feeling well two days after leaving the hospital, with dry mouth and gaseous stomach. On March 2, Li said he felt sick and was sent to a hospital, where he was certified dead that afternoon.

I wonder if hospitals here in the west are keeping eye on the people they have discharged as "recovered". So many different strains, so many different end results, and people still like to compare it to a flu...

The Paper also reported that Fangcang Hospital – one of Wuhan’s makeshift facilities – issued an emergency notice on Wednesday that said more discharged patients had been readmitted after falling ill again. The hospital will begin conducting antibody tests on all patients before discharge from Thursday, to ensure they are fully recovered.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

This sounds reasonable to me, making DIY face mask with the those silver, copper, zinc.....might give better protection than those expensive face mask that they have recommend here....

Does silver and copper react together in anyway?

I dont have face mask yet

edit on 5-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
I don’t wanna wave the “Bad-news Bears” Banner, but, there been ANY research into if this is sexually transmissible? Reason asking is it seems it can cross to fetuses. Yes I know those aren’t the same thing. If there is long-incubation, low symptoms/high-shedding, couldn’t this be a whole new ball-game. We can cough in the crooks of our own arms.....But.

If all viral STIs stay housed in the body, why not this?

Good line of thinking.

Unfortunately you might be right.

CHINESE SCIENTISTS RAISE CONCERNS OVER POTENTIAL LINK BETWEEN CORONAVIRUS AND MALE FERTILITY

www.newsweek.com...

Researchers identify 27 viruses that can persist in semen

systemic acute respiratory syndrome virus

healio.com

edit on 5-3-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

explosive diarrhoea is real

I'll be honest, I've never tried to apply any ply to that, and if you were to apply ply, you'd have to b at least 6 ply surely.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
[NL] 3 more cases, all in seperate hospitals (Employees). Current total is at 38 (These 3 new cases likely not yet added).

1 case in hospital located in Den Bosch. He is isolated at home, and so are the 8 patients he had contact with.
1 case in hospital located in Eindhoven. He is isolated and all patients in the ward he works are treated in isolation.
1 case in hospital located in Breda. He is isolated at home and his colleges have been send home for 2 weeks.

This is already the sixth hospital to get affected. I can see this quickly spiraling out of control, like other countries.

Anyway, friendly reminder for my country (wo)men. Locations of confirmed cases:

Alphen aan den Rijn, Tilburg, Coevorden, Rotterdam, Loon op Zand, Amsterdam, Delft, Helmond, Houten, Oss, Dalen, Utrecht, Breda, Den Bosch and Eindhoven.

nos.nl

Here is a very usefull map with the locations of cases. It is updated daily. I can see several locations in there I haven't seen any mention of. Map

I'm pretty much surrounded...
edit on 5-3-2020 by Asgaard because: Added map

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: butcherguy
Don’t you get that the mask would filter both ways?

But it is dramatically effective going out, since it is basically blocking all of the points of exit.

Are you sure you don't need me to draw you a picture??

Inhaling tends to draw the mask into your face causing a tighter seal. Exhaling tends to push the mask away from your face.
Many masks that are available have check valves that open when you exhale, meaning that most of the airflow out will not go through the filter media. These masks only serve to protect the wearer. The check valve is there to make exhaling easier and prevent the buildup of moisture in the mask.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

From what I can gather so far, combining colloidal copper and silver leads to the reduction of ions and the formation of silver nano-particles. Is that preferred, I don't know yet?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Update ' Tokyo time ' 8 pm ...Thursday evening 1. heavy snow in Hokkaido 2 Hokkaido govt putting 7 mask in peoples mail box.3 police are patrolling to stop thief of mask 4. a ban now is online for selling mask at inflated prices, punishment to follow 5. Japan is so dependent on China for many items. 6. planned for next week is a Statement of Emergency *this doesn&t sound good at all. 7. Xi postponed visit to Japan. 8. large events cancelled. .9. cherry events cancelled, do not travel to japan to see cherry blossom events this year. 10. 12 cases today. 11. 1047 cases now including the ship. 12. Hong Kong, dog test positive for virus, animals get the virus from humans. 13. shopping malls are now struggling 14. Olympics no real discussion all talk with words, my opinion, not going to happen.15. blood donations are at low due to corona virus.16. Don&t travel to Japan... you folks understand that, most hospitals are closed now to new outpatient service. clinics are open but you may run into language and payment problems

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

Ions are preferred i think, not sure but at least this FFP2RD Reusable respirator uses Fosshield technology that have silver and copper ions in fiber...

link

link

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
Coronavirus: ‘Recovered’ patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again

A 36-year-old man has died of respiratory failure in Wuhan, five days after being discharged from one of the makeshift hospitals built to contain the outbreak, according to a report by Shanghai-based news portal The Paper.

The report, which was later removed, said Li Liang had been admitted to the hospital – built to treat patients with mild and moderate symptoms – on February 12, according to his wife, surnamed Mei. He was discharged two weeks later with instructions to stay in a quarantine hotel for 14 days.

Mei said her husband was not feeling well two days after leaving the hospital, with dry mouth and gaseous stomach. On March 2, Li said he felt sick and was sent to a hospital, where he was certified dead that afternoon.

I wonder if hospitals here in the west are keeping eye on the people they have discharged as "recovered". So many different strains, so many different end results, and people still like to compare it to a flu...

The Paper also reported that Fangcang Hospital – one of Wuhan’s makeshift facilities – issued an emergency notice on Wednesday that said more discharged patients had been readmitted after falling ill again. The hospital will begin conducting antibody tests on all patients before discharge from Thursday, to ensure they are fully recovered.

This is concerning. How many of these "recovered and reinfected" stories have we heard about now?
This seems to be a recurring trend...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
California holds cruise ship offshore for coronavirus screening.
Can't believe people still are taking cruises . Unbelievable .
California health authorities had confirmed 53 cases, the most of any single U.S. state, from the respiratory disease that has killed more than 3,000 people worldwide.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hello! Lonnnngggggg time lurker, first time poster here. I've been devouring these threads since the beginning and really appreciate all the info, speculation and ideas I've read. This is where i ALWAYS come when anything out of the ordinary happens because i know yall will be on it!

Anyway, i live in the south east US and work in a large manufacturing plant of a sensitive nature (not medical in any way) and within the last 2 days our security guards are wearing gloves when scanning our badges in and checking our personal belongings on the way in and out. My state has no confirmed cases, so I'm wondering what they know!

My hubby caught an apparent typo on the John Hopkins live updates last night (3/4) and i haven't seen anyone else mention it. I hope i can upload the screenshot, but it had the total confirmed count infected at over 2,470,000. Anyone else catch this? True numbers? They get hacked?

I can't post the screenshot. I'm on my phone, at work.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hello! Lonnnngggggg time lurker, first time poster here. I've been devouring these threads since the beginning and really appreciate all the info, speculation and ideas I've read. This is where i ALWAYS come when anything out of the ordinary happens because i know yall will be on it!

Anyway, i live in the south east US and work in a large manufacturing plant of a sensitive nature (not medical in any way) and within the last 2 days our security guards are wearing gloves when scanning our badges in and checking our personal belongings on the way in and out. My state has no confirmed cases, so I'm wondering what they know!

My hubby caught an apparent typo on the John Hopkins live updates last night (3/4) and i haven't seen anyone else mention it. I hope i can upload the screenshot, but it had the total confirmed count infected at over 2,470,000. Anyone else catch this? True numbers? They get hacked?

I can't post the screenshot. I'm on my phone, at work.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anynamedangit

depends on how large a company your security work for. if it is a large company that works in areas where the virus is present, it could well be that the company has put these practices into place for those areas. but are doing it across the board, which is actually easier that saying "employees in area X do this, employees in area Y do something else". it is also a very proactive way to deal with the situation no matter what size the company. erring on the side of caution is a good idea, even when in an area that appears to be clear.

if you think about it, the reality is anyone who works with the public such as cashiers and employees at stores should all be wearing gloves. in the case of delivery people, they really should be changing gloves between interactions with customers. i know a lot of people in the store i used to work at had started wearing gloves, especially when working in the stockroom/putting out stock, not because of any health issue, just because they kept their hands from drying out so badly. and cashiers were doing so just because of handling so much dirty money, on top of their hands drying out.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
California health authorities had confirmed 53 cases, the most of any single U.S. state, from the respiratory disease that has killed more than 3,000 people worldwide.

Yeah, there is an update here about it on the Live feed.
Its from Hawaii apparently, and there would be about 21 people suspected with the Virus, 11 passengers and 10 members of the crew.

9h55 in the feed below :
www.20minutes.fr...

edit : Six more cases in the North of France, who all came back from an Evangelical Church Gathering in Mulhouse.
This one church gathering has spread it far and wide over the country.
edit on 5-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

From the BBC, UK has moved to Phase 2 (of 4) of the Plan to Combat the Coronavirus - The "Delay" Phase :

www.bbc.com...
edit on 5-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit on 5-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: musicismagic

Yeah, there is an update here about it on the Live feed.
Its from Hawaii apparently, and there would be about 21 people suspected with the Virus, 11 passengers and 10 members of the crew.

9h55 in the feed below :
www.20minutes.fr...

edit : Six more cases in the North of France, who all came back from an Evangelical Church Gathering in Mulhouse.
This one church gathering has spread it far and wide over the country.
OK thanks I didn&t know I just saw the comments on aol and saw it was a new update. i wonder how the states now react to this major event.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

A Beijing Hospital Confirms Covid-19 Attacks Central Nervous System
Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
by Tyler Durden
Wed, 03/04/2020 - 21:25

Via CNTechPost.com,

Beijing Ditan Hospital affiliated to the Capital Medical University said on March 4 that the first patient with novel coronavirus pneumonia complicated with encephalitis was discharged from the hospital on February 25.

Liu Jingyuan, director of the ICU at the Hospital, presided over the treatment of the patient. He reminded that patients with conscious disturbances must consider the possibility that the virus may attack the central nervous system.

At present, patients with new type of coronavirus pneumonia can be combined with multiple organ damages such as severe respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), myocardial damage, abnormal coagulation function, kidney damage, liver damage, etc. However, no central nervous system involvement has been reported. The case report is the first in the world.

Previous studies on SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) have also shown that the coronaviruses that cause these two diseases also cause cases of central nervous system damage.

According to the introduction of Beijing Ditan Hospital, two suspected cases of new-type coronavirus pneumonia have been treated since January 12 this year (confirmed on January 20). As of 7:00 on March 4, the hospital has accumulatively received 150 patients with new-type coronavirus pneumonia, of which the above patient is the only patient with new type of coronavirus pneumonia and encephalitis.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Anyone seen this: -

Iran Health Minister acknowledges 1,328,000 people in Iran have been diagnosed with the #coronavirus & at least 3160 deaths reported across the country. #Iran

How could they even test this number?

twitter.com...
edit on 5-3-2020 by Black Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Yes, I believe you're right, thank you for the links

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join