It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Any updates on Thailand?

I have a friend on her honeymoon there. She said airport security was a breeze (hawaii to thailand, layover in HK).

Said everyone is wearing masks, herself and her husband included.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That was me.. my 2 friends and I were so close to cancelling after the Tenerife break out, but nothing much else happened there, and so we bit the bullet and went. We got back monday evening. Nothing else happened whilst we were there either. We used antibacterial wipes all over the plane and our hotel room. We washed hands thoroughly and used the hand sanitizer that was outside every bar and restaurant throughout our resort. Once in the resort, it was very easy to forget . Infact I didn't check upon this thread until I got home and I'm still trying to catch up 3 days later lol! Tenerife is 60miles by 30 miles and had 4 cases all from the same travelling group... and we were 30 mins away from that hotel.

My work have asked I don't return this week at all, just incase, but im from the UK in Hertfordshire, which borders Essex.. we have cases in both counties and 1 of which were treated in my local a&e.. I figure I have more chance of getting it here than over there.

I was very worried about this all a few weeks back and my anxiety was getting the better of me, and now, I don't know which side of the fence I sit. I don't believe what we are being told is the truth.. but I just wish we had some definitive answers on things like chinas numbers etc. The british news is reporting on this virus almost 100% of the day.. but now nearly always only focusing on uk and europe and nothing on China.. I feel like theyve been forgotten about. Which concerns me.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I introduced myself on thread 2 page 125.

Update.

Work: My location now has plans, or at least contingency plans in place. Theses plans are not to assist (military aid to the civil athority). The plans are purely to enable the location to continue to carry out its role. My location (which I will not discuss) does not have masses of manpower/personnel, that is not our role. There are also plans in place for when personnel become sick (nothing exciting or unexpected but I will not discuss). From my wider circle of forces friends I know that other locations are implementing plans. I don't know of any plans regarding aid to the civil authorities though, only how units intend to manage personnel and continue to carry out their role.

Home: As prepared as we can be.

Personal Opinion: Still believe we are being lied to. A wee bit dismayed at the way Public Health England are not carrying out procedures that would aid in containment. On the dark side, I'm concerned that the virus may be a reoccurring, lifelong, life endangering condition once caught but this is far from certain or confirmed as yet. Light side, a lot of very intelligent people are working towards a vaccine, I've been through some # in the forces and although this is a 'fight' of a different sort I'm ready to do what needs to be done.

Be careful out there folks. This is real and happening. It's already here are its only a matter of time before people start to go man down by the numbers. Hygiene, protective barriers, danger awareness should reduce your risk. Look after each other. Once you get it, hopefully your genetics will be able to fight through and you'll be amongst the 80% who have experienced the worst 'flu' of their lives (that's if you believe what we are being told). I'm optimistic. It won't be easy but we will get through in the end.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Hospital isolation does not work either.

Not if they walk out of it as your example of self quarantine.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NICD

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
South Africa just confirmed its first case.

13h26 in Live Feed below :
www.20minutes.fr...

Yes indeed - confirmed in South Africa. It was just a matter of time.

5 March , 2020
Fellow South Africans

This morning, Thursday March 5, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases confirmed that a suspected case of COVID-19 has tested positive.

The patient is a 38-year-old male who travelled to Italy with his wife. They were part of a group of 10 people and they arrived back in South Africa on March 1, 2020.

The patient consulted a private general practitioner on March 3, with symptoms of fever, headache, malaise, a sore throat and a cough. The practice nurse took swabs and delivered it to the lab.

The patient has been self-isolating since March 3. The couple also has two children.

The Emergency Operating Centre (EOC) has identified the contacts by interviewing the patient and doctor. The tracer team has been deployed to KwaZulu-Natal with epidemiologists and clinicians from NICD. The doctor has been self-isolated as well.

This media briefing is to ensure that the public is immediately kept abreast. A press briefing will be held later after the parliamentary debate this evening to shed more light on this issue.

Dr Zweli Mkhize

Minister of Health

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

It seems he was a hospital employee. Why are employees breaking quarantine? You'd think they'd understand the seriousness of it!

And he infected another attendee!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

They don't appear to even be sharing what the "Event in Vermont" was, where in Vermont it was, or other details. Greeaattt

ETA: the event was at "The Engine Room" in a town called White River Junction. Over 100 people attended the event including 30-40 physicians...
edit on 5-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have been using.my foot to flush public toilets for a couple of weeks now.

that's quite disgusting I always use the handle sticking your foot down the toilet bowl to flush it is not hygienic

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Dumbass

It seems he was a hospital employee. Why are employees breaking quarantine? You'd think they'd understand the seriousness of it!

And he infected another attendee!

It's the way people are brought up these days. They have this attitude of " You can't tell me what to do!" It's going to make it very hard to contain anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

twitter.com...

Meanwhile.....

hmmmmm??

I think we’re going to see Western country’s pretty much take the view that containment is lost now and anything else will be expensive and damaging to the all important economy.

Time to let her rip potato chip - see where we end up. It’s only a Corona Flu thing according to Trump. Very mild. Fuch it, just go to work.

And somewhere in the dark halls of Washington, London, Paris, Berlin little bean counters will be ticking off the lives of the old and infirm as expendable. Virus is doing us a favour they will muse. Let’s face it, to these lunatics we are ALL expendable.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Thanks.
Section f AOI "therapeutics targeting lung repair."...stem cell therapy.

If we start early when someone is infected there will be less damage to the lungs and less stem cell product will have to be used.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1
I wasn't aware of the amendment and have passed the information along.
This is good news because we do produce this right here in our own labs and are not dependent on other country sources.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Put the toilet seat down before you flush..
Article

A study published in the journal Applied Microbiology in 1975 (before the adoption of low-flow toilets) found that whatever you put in your toilet can stay there long after you flush. After seeding a toilet bowl with potentially infectious bacteria and viruses, the researchers found that the toilet dispersed the microbes far enough to settle on other bathroom surfaces, like the floor, the sink, and even your toothbrush.

Even with your seat down, Tierno says, it's probably a good idea to store your mouth related items in the cabinet. "Make sure your cups and toothbrushes are tucked away."
And what about the public toilets, which rarely have lids? Tierno suggests that you "exit at the time of the flush."
Yet as gnarly as toilet plumes may be, Tierno insists that proper hygiene is more crucial than any toilet-plume prevention. "It's most important to wash your hands before you exit the toilet," he says.

edit on 3/5/2020 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

They don't appear to even be sharing what the "Event in Vermont" was, where in Vermont it was, or other details. Greeaattt

ETA: the event was at "The Engine Room" in a town called White River Junction. Over 100 people attended the event including 30-40 physicians...

So now all of these physicians are at risk of catching it. Who's going to take care of sick patients if the doctors come down with it first?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Jumping in with a question...
Any studies about what percentage your chances of contracting CV are increased by flying commercial?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Warning....Disturbing...

Coronavirus in Iran: Video shows body bags inside Qom hospital

Disturbing video has emerged of body bags strewn on the floors of a hospital in an Iranian city where the coronavirus was first detected in the hard-hit Islamic Republic — and the man who filmed it has been arrested, according to a report.

The footage, which was apparently shot by a hospital worker in the holy city of Qom, has been viewed more than 920,000 times after being shared in social media by journalist Mohamad Ahwaze, according to the UK’s Metro.

“One of the medical personnel documents the death of dozens of people infected with the coronavirus in the city of Qom only, and says many deaths, and there is no place for funerals,” Ahwaze said in a tweet.

Source

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: FamCore

So now all of these physicians are at risk of catching it. Who's going to take care of sick patients if the doctors come down with it first?

Exactly. Nice going "medical professional" who didn't listen when you had flu symptoms after returning from Italy, a top hotspot, and were told to self-isolate

Here's where I found the additional details (so no one thinks I'm making it up or being an alarmist):

She estimated that about a hundred business school students attended, along with 30 or 40 resident physicians associated with Dartmouth-Hitchcock, an academic medical center located near Dartmouth College.

[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/told-to-stay-home-suspected-coronavirus-patient-attended-event-with-dartmouth-students/ar-BB10Lb26?li=BBnb7Kz[/ url]

edit on 5-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
So if things go bad, and stores are closed for weeks or months, what about prescription meds?

I am sure on a small scale, getting people their meds will be possible, but over a larger scale, probably not.

Some rely on insulin, BP drugs, others. If we can't go to the local pharmacy, will they start home delivery? What if all the delivery folks are sick, or unwilling to work?

This is a very real worry for me. I take Prednisone every day, and have for years. If my pharmacy suddenly could not fill it, I would be in very big trouble since you cannot just stop taking that drug. I am filling all my RX's for 90-day refills hoping it will all be just fine. I really just need to do some legwork and figure out if it's produced in the U.S. If so, no problem. But people who need other vital drugs that come from overseas...let's just hope it doesn't become more of an issue.

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join