It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Not to scare anyone but this is an academic report.....

"The influence of COVID-19 on the human body is like a combination of SARS and AIDS as it damages both the lungs and immune systems," Peng Zhiyong, director of the intensive care unit of the Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University in Wuhan, told the Global Times on Friday.

www.globaltimes.cn...

You drown in your own mucus.
Not much a person at home can do.
What about sleeping face down, tilted to the face, shouldn't the mucus be expunged naturally by gravity, and leave some of the lungs free of mucus to breathe ?

Yeah, I have always had sinus drainage, and worried about that crap draining into my lungs while I sleep. Often have wondered if sleeping with my head and upper body hanging off of the bed might help. Probably is a good reason somewhere about why not to do that, however....

It came from a bat, and now we be sleeping like bats. lol.
edit on 5-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Things are starting to look bad everywhere, today a man got upset when the local store ran out of toilet paper and ended up abusing the staff while throwing tissue boxes at them..........???
When the police got involved, he tried to put an officer into a headlock while reaching for the other officers gun, they managed to taser the man and place him under arrest.

On a funny note, here in Queensland, a truck carrying very important cargo of....... Toilet Paper, caught on fire.
Fire Brigade managed to save half the load, although a little wet.

What's going to happen if we run out of food...... or worse still, beer?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
Things are starting to look bad everywhere, today a man got upset when the local store ran out of toilet paper and ended up abusing the staff while throwing tissue boxes at them..........???
When the police got involved, he tried to put an officer into a headlock while reaching for the other officers gun, they managed to taser the man and place him under arrest.

On a funny note, here in Queensland, a truck carrying very important cargo of....... Toilet Paper, caught on fire.
Fire Brigade managed to save half the load, although a little wet.

What's going to happen if we run out of food...... or worse still, beer?

They let me out on bail......and it was not my fault!

The staff and cops were both being jerks.....
edit on 5-3-2020 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

Hey, just an FYI that hopefully you won't need, but try to hold a few prednisone tablets back just in case you can't fill a prescription at some point. This way you can 'wean yourself off', by tapering your dose down slowly to nothing if that happens. You are right that cold turkey stopping steroids can be truly life threatening.

edit on 5-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

Huh ? This is getting serious ...

Just remember good ol trick....you can use also newspaper for...you know..

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Funny you should say that, The Northern Territory Newspaper is printing extra pages to help with the shortages.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Haha
What a great idea from that newspaper

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

thats is absolutely punk rock, ill use my junk mail and circulars too lol

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
God... I hope it doesn't come to me having to wear adult size diapers

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

twitter.com...

Meanwhile.....

hmmmmm??

Its literally edited and you can hear it and see it.....he didnt say to GO TO WORK WITH THE FLU

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is the best case scenario:

Straight from the horse's mouth:

On Tuesday, the WHO noted that the global death rate for the novel coronavirus based on the latest figures was 3.4% — higher than earlier figures of about 2%. The WHO's director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said the new coronavirus was "a unique virus with unique characteristics."

But even in the low-severity model — or best-case scenario of the seven, which the paper acknowledged were not definitive — ANU researchers estimate a global GDP loss of $2.4 trillion, with an estimated death toll of 15 million. They modeled their estimates on the Hong Kong flu pandemic, an outbreak in 1968-1969 that is estimated to have killed about 1 million people.

In the high-severity model — modeled after the Spanish flu pandemic, which killed an estimated 17 million to 50 million globally from 1918 to 1920 — the global GDP loss could be as high as $9 trillion. In that model, the death toll is estimated to surpass 68 million.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 5-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Many flights to Beijing and Shanghai canceled suddenly on March 5

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Thank you! Very good idea!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Running roughshod over the advice of trained medical professionals and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, President Donald Trump Wednesday night suggested to millions of Fox News viewers that people infected with coronavirus could still go to work and recover, comments that were immediately condemned as irresponsible and dangerous

TRUMP:

"So you can't put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and/or virus," Trump continued. "So you just can't do that. So, if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work. Some of them go to work, but they get better."

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: MrRCflying

As you mention India...

m.timesofindia.com...

That's just great...

Looking worse and worse each day.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Top hospital braces for pandemic with secret warehouse full of emergency supplies:

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It will only get worse....

China is the epicentre of the deadly coronavirus, and most fatalities are reported there. Despite the fact that the highest number of coronavirus-infected people are in China, fatality rate in the country is rather on the lower side. So which country has the highest fatality rate? It is the USA.

Out of every 100 infected persons in China, 3.75 persons have died. In USA, the number is almost double. There, 6.92 persons have died out of every 100 infected persons.

tbsnews.net...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
ok so my company (circa 80K employess in europe) banned international travel last week.

Then we banned any visitors from affected countries from entering any of our site locations.

We are now closing a few sites to trial how our network handles everyone working from home. just one day closures for testing purposes.

Today we have banned all domestic travel to site locations, all visitors are banned from all locations and we are banned from entering any on site buildings which are not our main location of work.

Shiz is getting real finally, as ive been telling them since december! the sheeple are finally taking notice in my office. Us ATS members are already prepped

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Jumping in with a question...
Any studies about what percentage your chances of contracting CV are increased by flying commercial?

I read here a while back that viruses don't spread well on flights because of the AC filtration. I think there was a source, but don't remember.

Either way, I would not want to be flying now.

My family must be full of morons and idiots. First it was one cousin that went to Japan, and came back with a presumptive case.

Now another cousin is still planning on taking a cruse through Europe, with stops in Italy. "well, they haven't canceled, so I am still planning on going." What the fudge???!!!?? Really???
edit on 5-3-2020 by MrRCflying because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Take it for what it is. I heard that some doctors in my country believe that Corona is out of hand and can't be stopped. Authorities are hoping they can hold the infection numbers down untill we get to spring/summer because the virus will eventually stop spreading due to higher temperatures.
Majority of us will eventually get the virus.
This is not a shocker for me personally. I think corona has been around us for some months now.

new topics

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join