It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Israel may be making progress with a vaccine.

jpost.com

Cheers
Maybe they have it already because they are responsible for this virus. Are there any cases in Israel of any significance?

No, read the article. They were developing a vaccine for an avian corona virus strain that causes an infectious bronchitis. They have spent four years already developing that vaccine, but they think it may be adapted to apply to COVID-19 and work for it.

It had nothing to do with foreknowledge and everything to do with luck.

They may just have been working on a viral strain similar enough to be of use. A bit like how milkmaids got cowpox and then didn't get smallpox. There was no milkmaid conspiracy to watch the world burn from smallpox, they just happened to be in close proximity to another virus that was similar enough to grant them protection from small pox.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Israel may be making progress with a vaccine.

jpost.com

Cheers
Maybe they have it already because they are responsible for this virus. Are there any cases in Israel of any significance?

No, read the article. They were developing a vaccine for an avian corona virus strain that causes an infectious bronchitis. They have spent four years already developing that vaccine, but they think it may be adapted to apply to COVID-19 and work for it.

It had nothing to do with foreknowledge and everything to do with luck.

They may just have been working on a viral strain similar enough to be of use. A bit like how milkmaids got cowpox and then didn't get smallpox. There was no milkmaid conspiracy to watch the world burn from smallpox, they just happened to be in close proximity to another virus that was similar enough to grant them protection from small pox.
Maybe!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone
Could be a problem for a lot of people. The government's of all countries should cancel bills for those in quarantine, paying them is unrealistic in that situation.

I wouldn't have a problem with the governments paying their bills for them, or at the very least, passing an emergency bill forbidding critical utilities from shutting off service for non-payment of bills or preventing mortgage companies from initiating foreclosure proceedings, while all of this is going on, but canceling them?

How is that fair?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank-you Mr. Trump.
Good luck relying on the ADMIN. during this crisis. We are no better than China.

www.businessinsider.com... ame=iossmf&utm_source=reddit.com

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No statistics from me tonight, but an insight into what prepping is going on at my workplace.

I work in a large government building in Rome. During office hours there are approx. 1k+ employees present. We also get many visitors of varying nationalities, plus there are many external services doing maintenance, cleaning, etc.

In the last 72 hours we've gone from almost no information to an almost complete containment strategy.

The other day there were generic warnings about hygiene, close contact with other people, etc.

Yesterday we had the official government decree and protocol regulating how to protect ourselves and others from spreading the virus.

Today it was announced that sanitising gel dispensers were already installed in critical places around the building and that masks, gloves and any other necessary protective gear would be made immediately available to employees who are most at risk of being infected.

Where I work is massive, we have, internally, a bank, post office, caffetteria, multiple coffee bars and a load of vending machines. Just consider that, to change a light bulb takes several days to accomplish, usually after a lengthy request application process, authorisation, etc.

In 30+ years of my current job, I've never seen so much done in so little time. I have no doubts as to the seriousness of this situation. My administration is not messing around.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
"The Governor of MI said we have the test kits and can get results back within four hours!"

This is good news.

Agreed! Links for this announcement? I'd love details. Hopefully these are more reliable than the previous ones.

I wonder though if a patient will still have to meet certain criteria to get the Coronavirus test with flu season so prevalent here.

Well... I think it is only logical that there should be some kind of criteria to be met.

I absolutely believe that anyone who gets to serious and especially critical should be tested, as well as all deaths, during this flu season, and maybe the next 2 or 3.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like the POPE HAS CORONAVIRUS....

So much for prayers......

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 28-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The other problem is the ripple effect of non-payments on that scale.

Joe is in quarantine along with most of state or region, and he and everyone there are allowed to not pay bills. Compassionate, yes, but what about the effect on businesses they use in healthy areas, still interacting with the economy normally having to eat those losses? We aren't just talking about the business itself, but the employees of that business who will feel that pain too.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
No statistics from me tonight, but an insight into what prepping is going on at my workplace.

I work in a large government building in Rome. During office hours there are approx. 1k+ employees present. We also get many visitors of varying nationalities, plus there are many external services doing maintenance, cleaning, etc.

In the last 72 hours we've gone from almost no information to an almost complete containment strategy.

The other day there were generic warnings about hygiene, close contact with other people, etc.

Yesterday we had the official government decree and protocol regulating how to protect ourselves and others from spreading the virus.

Today it was announced that sanitising gel dispensers were already installed in critical places around the building and that masks, gloves and any other necessary protective gear would be made immediately available to employees who are most at risk of being infected.

Where I work is massive, we have, internally, a bank, post office, caffetteria, multiple coffee bars and a load of vending machines. Just consider that, to change a light bulb takes several days to accomplish, usually after a lengthy request application process, authorisation, etc.

In 30+ years of my current job, I've never seen so much done in so little time. I have no doubts as to the seriousness of this situation. My administration is not messing around.
Indicative!! Good luck

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone
Could be a problem for a lot of people. The government's of all countries should cancel bills for those in quarantine, paying them is unrealistic in that situation.

I wouldn't have a problem with the governments paying their bills for them, or at the very least, passing an emergency bill forbidding critical utilities from shutting off service for non-payment of bills or preventing mortgage companies from initiating foreclosure proceedings, while all of this is going on, but canceling them?

How is that fair?

Right. I could see something like delaying/pausing payments WITHOUT late fees tacked on.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
In case you have not heard.....

All press release by the CDC will now have to be APPROVED by Vice President Pence's COVID-19 Taskforce. Excellent work Mr. Trump.

What is your problem? Do you not understand the reasonableness of this?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
I just heard from a friend in Sacramento. There is strong belief that the virus is in Sacramento and they are expecting an outbreak.
The quarantined at Travis AFB infected civilians and base personnel who then carried it into the community.
Now 2 college students in Sacramento have been in contact with someone who tested positive.

This may be the first cluster case in the US. Now we will get to see how they will respond. Do they intend to quarantine the city?
There are approx. 500,000 people so it would make a good first test case.
This is just so scary.

I am going to be completely honest here.

Yesterday on my way home on interstate 64 just east of St Los, I noticed a substantial number of unmarked police cars traveling west bound. I pay attention to this because I like to go a little above average the speed limit.

Now I am in no way saying that this is connected. I am just throwing out an observation I made yesterday. For all I know there could have been a convention.

Well, I did hear on the radio yesterday that the ISP are starting to have a drive to catch drunk drivers, with extra patrols and random roadblocks. On a separate note, I'd hate to have to be the officer that leans down to each driver's window and then to have them cough on me. Who knows what diseases they might have.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73
I'm gonna put this out there. I'm not necessarily a Christian but I was raised one. My father and Grandmothers tales all involved end times....particularly the mark of the beast. If as has been proposed this infection does not actually ever truly leave the body and does lay dormant as some are saying then it would be a perfect opportunity to role out the vaccine. A vaccine the whole world must submit to. A vaccine that you must have or not be able to work, a vaccine that you cannot sell ot trade unless you have....a vaccine that would make you a pariah if you did not get, possibly even hunted and put into a camp where your choice is submit or die....
The Mark of the Beast.

Such Mark of the Beast seems quite inadequate, as the one from Revelations is supposed to cover all people in the planet. In Latin America, Africa and Asia I'm sure that in the blink of an eye you could buy fake documents "proving" that you got the vaccine lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout
Can anyone explain to me in real dumb terms what the 1000 point stock market fall today means in real terms for the average Jo who doesn't have stocks.

It means a lot of companies are taking a hit from being unable to produce their products due to interrupted supply chains.

It isn't good, but hopefully, things will settle down, and it will rocket right back up in a few weeks or in the coming months.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: STEFANUSFendi
I am from indonesia, and our goverment say there is no corona virus here, i belive in them..if there corona here, there will be an outbreak with a big population here..no mean to arogant but positif thinking is a good mind. sory for bad english. hope this pandemic over soon...warm regards from indonesia.

Hello
Hope it stays that way and hoping for good things for you and your country!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
There has been speculation (highly likely) that both China and Iran are taking advantage of the situation to "silence" government critics and enemies of the state under the guise of "they died from nCov"

I'd be very surprised if they weren't, regardless of this thing being a bio-weapon or having occurred naturally.

'Never let a good crisis go to waste.'

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The other problem is the ripple effect of non-payments on that scale.

Joe is in quarantine along with most of state or region, and he and everyone there are allowed to not pay bills. Compassionate, yes, but what about the effect on businesses they use in healthy areas, still interacting with the economy normally having to eat those losses? We aren't just talking about the business itself, but the employees of that business who will feel that pain too.

Exactly... so, again, I'm fine with governments stepping in and paying them, either outright, or through emergency zero interest loans or something.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Here is the story that summarized her press briefing on tv this morning:

www.fox2detroit.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Hell, they have shut down school for my kids due to a weather forecast.... twice.
The forecast was for snow, we didn't get a flake... but the kids didn't have school because it was supposed to snow.

There will be school closings as soon as we have positive tests on students or teachers, for sure.

Yeah, I get really irritated when our school does that.

Possibly a result of the stupid dumbing-down of everything in society, treating our kids like snowflakes - and then how do they act? Like freakin snowflakes...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: FamCore

OK. So it is established that you want panic shopping akin to what we see in Italy?

Nobody wants dinner to be cloves and capers with a sauce of sugar free carmel syrup because that was all Fred Meyers had left in stock after the ravenous horde swept through 10 minutes before you arrived.

LOL! Hate to derail the thread...but wanted you to know that I am going to print out what you said and place the small sign above my prep items IF anything does happen. It does good to smile and laugh when stressed out so I am preparing for that as well. Thank you!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join