It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: tetra50

Standard FEMA Declaration for State of Emergency does not include martial law. I seriously doubt any POTUS would sign it for a pandemic like this if it did.

On top of that we can compare to the near martial law situation in New Orleans during Katrina situation and we see how that worked out.

I strongly doubt there are enough resources (re: police, military and sheriffs) to place a state under martial law effectively much less a city of 1 million plus.

Largest US city (NYC) can be shut down quite easily. Saw it on 9/11. Easy with an island I suppose.

I grew up on the streets of NYC (Brooklyn) I can promise you that quarantine and containment is not going to work.

link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
I would settle for some common sense, not going out and spreading it if you know you are sick.

Me too, but again - in the end, its a crap-shoot.

We have already seen several cases of people that were supposed to be in isolation go out, now others have to be in isolation, and possible infection because of irresponsible behavior.

That is a little different. If someone is instructed to 'self-quarantine' by health officials during a known outbreak like this, I can see penalties for violating that.

link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I can vouch for you that New Orleans was lawless for sometime after the hit. My friend was on the swat team at the time.
edit on 4-3-2020 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So.. CDC contract employee who screens flights from China is infected.

LAX Coronavirus Screener Among Those Infected

Not a good look for the CDC, or America's level of preparedness. Among the most prepared countries for a pandemic? I think just the opposite, so far.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Its finally hitting Mainstream Media:

Coronavirus has mutated into two strains, one which appears to be far more aggressive, scientists have said, in a discovery which could hinder attempts to develop a vaccine. Researchers at Peking University's School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, discovered the virus has evolved into two major lineages - dubbed ‘L’ and ‘S’ types.

The older ‘S-type’ appears to be milder and less infectious, while the ‘L-type’ which emerged later, spreads quickly and currently accounts for around 70 per cent of cases. Genetic analysis of a man in the US who tested positive on January 21, also showed it is possible to be infected with both types.

( I think members of main stream media are lurkers on this thread
)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 4-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

They aren't panicking about having TP... They're reselling to overseas markets for large profits.
You'll see this behaviour in any disaster scenario.

Just goto ebay and do a search for the TP.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Should we be wearing masks? Is it a global 'pandemic'?
Health officials say people should not wear masks if they are not sick and are not in contact with someone who is infected.

This is so ass backwards it literally makes me cringe. Don't wear masks if you haven't been in contact with someone sick. This thing is asymptomatic for quite sometime. Scary part is average Joe will believe every piece fed to him...

source

Masks were not made or worn to protect the wearer from viral/bacterial infection. They were actually made and worn to protect patients from visitors and doctors.....lol

link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: UFO1414
Medical screener at LAX airport tests positive for coronavirus

The person last worked at LAX on Feb. 21, said DHS, which also said the medical professional had worn the proper protective gear while working.

www.nbcnews.com...

So this thing has probably got at least a week while it hides.
We already know its infectious, any new info is good.

As for incubation, it can go for more than a week:

www.worldometers.info...

(I love that site for info).

Not a time to boast or anything but it was me who gave you that site!

link   
Regarding martial law, does anyone remember the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bombing?
I recall armed military personnel in armored vehicles on the streets going house to house searching for the brothers that committed the crime.
I don’t remember martial law being declared then.

Don’t get too comfy thinking it can’t happen.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

was waiting for this per today and other days' research. thanks for the links. just want people to be aware and prepared....
stay safe,
tetra

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Regarding martial law, does anyone remember the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bombing?
I recall armed military personnel in armored vehicles on the streets going house to house searching for the brothers that committed the crime.

I do remember. What I remember most was the willingness to submit to that of the region. It amazed me.

link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

They aren't panicking about having TP... They're reselling to overseas markets for large profits.
You'll see this behaviour in any disaster scenario.

Just goto ebay and do a search for the TP.

Why the Feck would I go online for TP when I can get it at the local lol ?
Are they really buying it for reselling ? no foolies ?
Who the hell buys that ?

link   
a reply to: tetra50
Why do research scientists wear respirators in those level 4 biolabs?
To protect the patients I guess?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Looks like the Wuhan/IRAN L Strain of COVID19 is in NYC.

That one lawyer has infected his wife, two kids, Driver.... and now it turns out he infected his neighbor...
The neighbor then infected his entire family.

Where is the confirmation that this is the "L-strain"? Was it due to the fact that this lawyer came from Iran or something?

Sorry, so hard to keep up with all of the different developing stories!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Agreed. One of the last quotes by A. Scalia SC justice (before his strange death) was about rounding up American citizens like we did with Japanese-Americans during WW2.
He answered almost exactly as you did concerning it, saying “you’re kidding yourselves if you think it couldn’t happen again”....

edit on 4-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Spread away. Clearly this virus is. What ya got?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JSpader

Sorry wires crossed, downside of multitasking.

Also not from New Orleans.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Its my own idle speculation (forgive me).... his virus needs to be sequence for definitive confirmation.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

Any mention of a source for that?

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join