It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Depending on how that info is classified Senate may not know. POTUS probably does know but there’s a chance he doesn’t.

The Senate Intel Committee would have the intel. The President would have to executive order them not having access to that and that wouldn't be done in a bubble. There is no chance whatsoever that the President wouldn't have been informed of American intel indicating China had flubbed their numbers (or done much of anything else, tbh... I often think people underestimate the breadth of information the President of the United States has provided to them daily. Even when I've disliked a US president, I've always found the argument of a POTUS being "dumb," "uniformed," or "ignorant" to be ridiculously funny to me. By its nature, the position has an on-demand full status report on every aspect of happening around the globe as well as a list of suggested actions to consider. Consider this, the American CDC literally found the virus in Wuhan before the CCP did after Beijing called the CDC on December 31st to request an assist and the CDC traced it to the wet market in less than 12 hours. Clearly the US knew about this before China called them looking for help because there's no way that identification of potential sources occurred in less than half a day's time coming into it cold.)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Um, this should have been like this from the get go. I believe that the restrictions are the main reason why there are so many cases popping up now. They couldn't and wouldn't test unless you were around someone from Wuhan, then China, and then someone with the virus.

It's about time.

I guess you forgot about the problems with the test kits? Come on, isn't it obvious? They weren't testing because they knew it was a waste of time and resources.

Now they have addressed the problem and away we go.

On the positive side (for you), you're likely to start seeing the massive new positive case confirmations - oh, right, and that will only start revealing the much lower actual CFR.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Taking the high road...
edit on 4-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

REMINDER.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice, ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

The reaction of the people is way different then our politicians. There are good doctors here. But the infrastructures of public hospitals are abhorrent, in contrast the private hospitals are world class. That's why the politicians currently have 6~11% approval and the country is currently in mass protest. An that is also why more than 350 people have lost an eye by the police brutality (they shoot people in the face).

Glad your daughter was saved. She probably went to San Pedro de Atacama? A lot of tourist suffer over there, 2000~2500 miles above see level. The rest of the country has cities at low/normal altitudes.
Edit: By the way, they weren't even screening people at the airport for fever until a few days ago, so yea, great actions they took hahaha
edit on 4/3/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Yes, face down is definitely the correct position in which to be. Just like you stated. I can confirm that. It helps to delay suffocation from fluid in the lungs, and also makes it less stressful on the breathing muscles to keep a person going longer before their breathing muscles become exhausted. I know that sounds 100% grim, but there is no point to pulling any punches, especially if we are in a position (pardon the pun) in which we are positioning loved ones at home in bed or something. It could save some lives.

Sounds like one of those massage tables with the opening for your face would be an ideal 'bed' for someone suffering with this...?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
China claims to have a vaccine already and tested it on the team that created it...

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

I was one of the ones who didn't think much of the 2 strains idea, mainly because people were suggesting China released them both, one to cover the other up!

My conspiracy theory is a bit different since it is the attacker who releases a second strain at home, so they can say," yes, we have it here too", but actually theirs is effectively a contagious vaccine.

Well, that certainly would throw a real wobbly knuckle ball at the people wanting to go into lockdown in order to try to avoid catching this thing, now wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

Pence dodged or deferred to someone who had the judgment/expertise to better make that answer?

I'm just saying I don't think you can cut and paste Italy's numbers on to the US and start a scorecard.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Eleven million people lived in Wuhan, the WHO says it has about a 3% death rate so the figures already don't add up. If you don't get adequate medical care, the rate could get up to 10% quite easily, old people in their flats would just go down hill and die. So that's a million plus. This would be a disaster for the CCP who would know the real figures, so the main thrust would be to mitigate it by controlling the narrative, which they are doing with gusto,Any observer from the West would think the same as any social breakdown would be counterproductive. As a single observer on the ground that is a resident of Wuhan locked in their flat wouldn't have a clue of what the real numbers were.
The narrative is that they have now won the battle against said virus, but industrial production and electrical consumption, or the industrial pollution say otherwise. The West could have as high as a fifty per cent , products from China which will leave the individual with x amount of dollars, and half the amount of goods to spend it on, which looks very inflationary.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: MrRCflying
My lungs have been bad for two decades now. So I should have stayed in all the time? With H1N1 (and the followers), with Mers, zika, sars and now corona?

They were all new originally. Maybe it's best if from now on we all stay home and never leave unless you have explicit governmental approval to travel from point A to B?

Exactly what I meant by 'life is a crap-shoot'...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

That was way to fast for a virus that is claimed to mutate so fast.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

Not necessarily. Italy is magnitudes of times smaller in terms of land area and population than the US.

IMHO...its a population density issue rather than land mass or overall populace....add to culture and standards.

The northern regions hardest hit in Italy are over 400 persons K^2. (Lombardy eg.).

If you ever have been to Italy and tried to even used publuc transportation in areas....its every "close contact" mess all day.

mg
edit on 03202121America/Chicago04_6America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: dang phone spell check

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
pfft

edit on 4-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redpassion

Almost like they had a vaccine in development before it started. Hmmmmmmmm...

link   
Hi ketsuko

As I heard it he referred the question to DR fauci (not sure of spelling) . There was no dodging . a reply to: ketsuko

link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Lots of chum in the water right now. Your efforts and research on the Coronavirus and its impact are appreciated. Lead on.

edit on 4-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Eleven million people lived in Wuhan, the WHO says it has about a 3% death rate so the figures already don't add up.

The 3% death rate is among those who actually contract the virus AND let me add, that number is almost certainly too high as there are who knows how many asymptomatic or mild case people wandering around as well as those who got it a bit harder, but kicked it and never saw the need to see a doctor. Same as the flu, really. The "60 million Americans get the flu each year" number is sort of a thin air estimate at best.
Proof of that:
www.cdc.gov...
Look at the "number of doctor visits" 14 million to 21 million... yet they expect 32 million to 45 million Americans will acquire the flu. So, in all honest rationality, it is entirely reasonable to presume that between 50% and 60% of those presumed to have the flu each year aren't actually tested and confirmed as having had the flu. I suspect the same is true of COVID.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Bno news.

23:43: 1 new presumptive confirmed case in Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. Patient recently traveled abroad. (Source). Real close to me
edit on 4-3-2020 by armakirais because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Important concept spurred by a Shortbus post: if you take acid reducers, they refuce the acidity in your stomache. (Duh.)
But, that acidity is important to kill pathogens you ingest.
Found that out the hard way from all-inclusive-buffet at Mexican resort...
Have been wondering, if one nCov19 variant infects GI tract by ingestion, how it survives the acid in stomache.

I think what I said was mis-understood.

My wife has been having breathing problems since she moved to this area of the country. The assumption it was ragweed or something else in the environment. She used inhalers and steroids for 2 years, before she actually went in to get tested for allergies by an allergist. She came back negative on all allergy tests.

So, why couldn't she breath? Because she was having acid reflux. The acid reflux causes your lungs to flair up and it can also cause sinus issues too. He prescribed an acid reflux medication and it has been helpful to the point that she doesn't need to use the steroid anymore and rarely uses the inhaler.

Why would those who take acid reflux medications be more vulnerable to pneumonia than those not taking it? Because those people have already had lung issues from having the acid reflux in the first place. Thus, they are more susceptible to getting pneumonia. Just as those who live in cities where the air is polluted, or work in environments that are not lung friendly.

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join