It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Back with another little update from Central Texas, USA.

I am loosely affiliated with a major Texas University. Today I came across an email containing travel guidance relating to the coronavirus outbreak. It essentially said that there will be no sponsored travel to any country identified as a Level 1 or greater risk by the CDC Health Notice Warning system. They are also encouraging people in Level 1 and higher risk countries to return as soon as can be practically arranged.

Level 1 countries are: Hong Kong
Level 2: Japan
Level 3: China, Iran, Italy, S. Korea

People returning from Level 2 or higher must self-isolate for a minimum or 14 days before returning to work.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
Didn't the Spanish flu kill more the second time around, let's hope that's not the case here.

Agreed.

Interestingly, I think I found the discrepancy about the CFR for the Spanish Flu.

I've seen lots of references to a supposed 2-3% CFR fro the Spanish Flu.

BUT...

The CDC says very clearly that about 500 million were infected, and there were about 50 million deaths, which, by my maths, is about a 10% CFR.

But I was reading this article that describes it as killing as many as 100 million people - or about 3% of the worlds population.

So, apparently, the 2-3% figure somehow got conflated as the CFR, when it was actually the percentage of the world population that was killed. Can anyone check me here?

afaik, what we learnt from school, about 10% of the world population at the time died.
A LOT of people got sick, many recovered. Many not.

I think it should be possible to find out the number and capacity of convalescent homes in the US and elsewhere after WWI. There might have been Mustard gas and TB cases also...would give a ballpark number to play with.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Coronavirus: Fourth Florida resident tests positive

Health authorities in Washington alerted Florida officials that the unidentified Florida man, who recently returned from China, had tested positive for COVID-19, DeSantis said.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

Doesn't seem like it was a community spread.

EDIT: he's in Washington state.

The man is in isolation in Washington state and poses no threat to residents here, Gov. Ron DeSantis says.

edit on 4-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I appreciate the FLU explaination and make some sense on a virus having 0.1 - 0.2 fatality rate.

I happen to believe CV19 numbers are way under reported making the WHO number of 3+% low.

Why, $$$, power, control. Panic or effective measures implemented to soon may stymie those plans.

The panic has to be such that people beg for solution, any solution.

It's bordering on disinformation to claim CV19 numbers reported are high given information out in public domain.

My opinion - it's being allowed spread hasten in far more draconian measures than ever dreamed of with patriot act.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One dead in Placer County, first coronavirus death in California

Placer County Public Health is reporting that a resident has died of COVID-19. The person, an elderly adult with underlying health conditions, was the second confirmed case of COVID-19 in the county and is now the first to die from the illness in California.

www.placer.ca.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

resident does not fire people. He replaces them.

Well that's sort of the point. He didn't replace them. Thus the vacancies, and the inability to respond to this virus properly.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

I appreciate the FLU explaination and make some sense on a virus having 0.1 - 0.2 fatality rate.

I happen to believe CV19 numbers are way under reported making the WHO number of 3+% low.

Why, $$$, power, control. Panic or effective measures implemented to soon may stymie those plans.

The panic has to be such that people beg for solution, any solution.

It's bordering on disinformation to claim CV19 numbers reported are high given information out in public domain.

My opinion - it's being allowed spread hasten in far more draconian measures than ever dreamed of with patriot act.

Maybr the penny's dropped that it has already spread.
What do you do now ?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I have noticed that the amount of people mocking and poking fun of the panic are starting to dwindle.

I've only seen one person here ever say anything even remotely like 'mocking' or 'poking fun' at this thing, and that was very recent - yesterday I think, and only lasted the day - and they seem to have disappeared already.

On the other hand, I have seen you and others mocking and poking fun at a lot of people trying to inject a little sanity into the fear-mongering hype some of you are engaging in.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Hmmm..????

Much more than anyone here has done, I think.

Good for you, Mr. President!
edit on 4-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
An extra two cases in France.
Couple just back from Egypt.

From the Live Feed:
www.20minutes.fr...

edit : 20h18 local time, couple in Aveyron, 68yrs old.
edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Shine a very bright light of day on the issue rather than do such as others dissembling claims of "fear-mongering and hype" which does no help picking up the penny - rather it refuses to believe penny dropped because they didn't hear it hit ground.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
afaik, what we learnt from school, about 10% of the world population at the time died.

Ok, so your response tells me it was transposed.

My link was the the CDC website providing the numbers: @ 500 million infected, @ 50 million died, which gives a CFR of @ 10%.

Which comes out to @ 3% of the worlds population having died from it.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I can see where you are coming from but my opinion differs a little bit.

In my opinion,

I believe that all public figures in the "know" are sh$%thing themselves. I think that they love their little comfy spot in Washington and I believe that they are litterally praying for this to pass. They do not want this on their watch amd they keep stalling hoping and praying it subsides or a solution is at hand.

Nobody wants to deal with this. It is obvious from the closed press conferences and the committee's that are carefully dodging questions and refusing to give specific facts and info on the matter.

Ths is directly why I believe it is way worse tha it is. Tptb do not want an economic and societal collapse and they sure in the hell don't wanti be the people answering for it.

Dodge, deflect, dilute, and dispose.

The four D's of economic and societal fu$%ery.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Who is claiming they are high?

Possibly, I've already spoken to this in past posts. Forced migration to9 a cashless society is high on the list of things tptb would love to achieve - gives them totalitarian control in a way never before dreamed of by tyrants or peasants.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Shine a very bright light of day on the issue rather than do such as others dissembling claims of "fear-mongering and hype" which does no help picking up the penny - rather it refuses to believe penny dropped because they didn't hear it hit ground.

This is a global changing event, no qualms there.
It will be a couple of months at leaest before we have some insight to this.
Humanity is what it is, thats our definition

Its the wait thats the b*tch...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Sadiq Kahn says not to fear: No risk of catching the new virus in public transportation.

“There is no risk in using the Tube or buses or other forms of public transport,” he said, noting there are 5 million journeys each day on the underground system along with 6 million on buses.

Khan also claimed there would be no risk jamming in alongside “between 5,000 and 20,000” people at a packed concert.

nypost.com...

Idiot.
Sadiq Klown!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Well that's sort of the point. He didn't replace them. Thus the vacancies, and the inability to respond to this virus properly.

Please stop posting lies/fake news.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
U.S. deaths are up to 11. The latest death is from CA. I couldn't find where the 10th case was from though.

Edit: they are saying Placer County, CA which lies between Sacramento and Reno on the location of the 11th death.
edit on 4/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
U.S. deaths are up to 11. The latest death is from CA. I couldn't find where the 10th case was from though.

A 10th person has died from Coronavirus in Washington state, the state’s health department website confirmed today

The death occurred in King County.

Up to 149 cases now

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It helps far more than running around like a chicken with its head pulled/cut off (been there, done that, it is grossly hilarious to watch) screaming 'the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

If we stay calm, and deal with this rationally, a lot more of the people at most risk - our parents, grandparents, sick kids, etc etc ad nauseum - will survive, because those of us who are at the lowest risk won't be clogging up the hospitals because we got a sniffle and are terrified of the boogeyman.

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join