It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Yes, yes you are. You go about your daily life, spread it to others, some of whom could die. How humanitarian.

This is the kind of attitude that will infect millions.

It is also the reality of life. It's called a crap-shoot.

I just don't get it. What do you want, some kind of guarantee? You want to be able to sue someone who you may think 'made you sick'?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Noticed the date of that - Feb 25th
He says "we have less than 20 cases in the US and no deaths..."

8 days later: 128 cases, 9 deaths

What does that have to do with the point addressed? Absolutely nothing.

No one, including me, has ever claimed we would not have more confirmed cases and/or deaths, in fact, I figured it was inevitable.

Right, nothing, just another boring fact

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob

originally posted by: K_OS
I know that people have been asking about the death rate by age. I happened across this article.
Bussinessinsider.com

Same numbers that have been showing on the worldometers site (unchanged since I first saw them though).

Yes, the numbers are much higher than regular flu, but remember, this is the very first exposure of the world population to it. From what I've gleaned, the first time will always have much higher transmission and death rates.

What that means - hopefully - is that once this thing transitions to just another seasonal virus to get sick from, the transmission and death rates will be much lower... again, hopefully (as I always do, trying to remain positive).

Didn't the Spanish flu kill more the second time around, let's hope that's not the case here.

Or the third or fourth round.
I really hope that isn't the case. Or we're f-ed.
After the third time you'd probably wish for death. (sorry to be morbid.)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
We were talking health insurance here

It is called an analogy.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
The way they are doing it, businesses will go under, screwing the employer AND all the employees.

They just need to make it into a tax credit...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The "meat and potatoes" of the paper is here (beautiful work by the way):

We propose that,although the L type newly evolved from the ancient S type, it transmits faster or replicates faster in human populations, causing it to accumulate more mutations than the S type. Thus, our results suggest the L might be more aggressive than the S type due to the potentially higher transmission and/or replication rates.

academic.oup.com...
edit on 4-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Big business will just fire long term sick, because there are ways to do it "properly". I think it is criminal. How could you do that to an employee? Small guys suffer, big business are given loop holes.

Why should any business, big or small, have to continue to pay people long term, when they are unable to perform the job for which they were contracted to perform?

I mean, yeah, we get paid sick days here, but that is up to the employer/employee to negotiate. Here, I get 6 days a year, and I'm up to 4 weeks of paid vacation. I take my sick days here and there for long weekends, as I'm virtually never sick (sick enough to not go to work at least, maybe a little 12 hour head cold once or twice a year).

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sadiq Kahn says not to fear: No risk of catching the new virus in public transportation.

“There is no risk in using the Tube or buses or other forms of public transport,” he said, noting there are 5 million journeys each day on the underground system along with 6 million on buses.

Khan also claimed there would be no risk jamming in alongside “between 5,000 and 20,000” people at a packed concert.

nypost.com...

Idiot.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Big business will just fire long term sick, because there are ways to do it "properly". I think it is criminal. How could you do that to an employee? Small guys suffer, big business are given loop holes.

Why should any business, big or small, have to continue to pay people long term, when they are unable to perform the job for which they were contracted to perform?

I mean, yeah, we get paid sick days here, but that is up to the employer/employee to negotiate. Here, I get 6 days a year, and I'm up to 4 weeks of paid vacation. I take my sick days here and there for long weekends, as I'm virtually never sick (sick enough to not go to work at least, maybe a little 12 hour head cold once or twice a year).

Because they'll get "magic money" loans from the Govt.
Businesses will be helped, if they have the right insurance, or country of origin. (The States is probably not good due to all the hoops you'll have to jump through to qualify - see the 9/11 fund to see what I mean...)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Sadiq Kahn says not to fear: No risk of catching the new virus in public transportation.

“There is no risk in using the Tube or buses or other forms of public transport,” he said, noting there are 5 million journeys each day on the underground system along with 6 million on buses.

Khan also claimed there would be no risk jamming in alongside “between 5,000 and 20,000” people at a packed concert.

nypost.com...

Idiot.

He didn't even say LOW risk, he said NO RISK

Unfrickinbelievable

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: tanstaafl
That data Not covered under HIIPA, my sister deals with that daily in her govt job. I asked her this exact thing, I’ll ask her for more detail today.

So, that data isn't covered, but their conditions is? That makes no sense to me.

Hopefully your sister can provide clarification.

link   
a reply to: UFO1414

just part and parcel i guess

link   
I work for state govt, just informed that we can work from home if we feel even slightly ill and also expand our scheduled telecommute days to 2 per week. They also are outfitting all work spaces with hand disinfectant (ahead of curve on that one thank you) and wipes.

My state, AZ only has 2 cases to date. They are expecting an increase and alluded to trucking of products from CA and NV distribution centers. Not sure why that is.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is a major finding....you will hear learn more about this in news media several days from now.....

Among the 27 viruses isolated from Wuhan, 26 (96.3%) were L type, and only 1 (3.7%) was S type.However, among the other 73 viruses isolated outside Wuhan, 45 (61.6%) were L type, and 28 (38.4%) were S type. This comparison suggests that the L type is significantly more prevalent in Wuhan than in other places (P= 0.0004, Fisher’s exact test, Fig. 6and Table S3).

academic.oup.com...

link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Thats a very nice opinion piece on the under-reporting of case numbers.

No, it is an opinion piece on how numbers can be manipulated. In that example, it was down.

In order to make statement as you did then you'd have to agree that number of 3.4% fatality rate published by WHO is low-balled. As is annual FLU death rate.

You can't claim both ways, which is it?

It isn't either or.

The 3.4% rate as published is simply based on extremely incomplete data. It is wrong. We just don't know how wrong, or in which direction.

link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

nypost.com...

Idiot.

edit : Yes, he's a twat for saying this.

The Bus drivers in parts of France are excercising their right to not go to work.
Some bus lines aren't running.
They beleive they have a greater chance of catching the virus, and they are probably right.
edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: twat edit

link   
Fake news. My bad.
edit on 4-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
This is a major finding....you will hear learn more about this in news media several days from now.....

Among the 27 viruses isolated from Wuhan, 26 (96.3%) were L type, and only 1 (3.7%) was S type.However, among the other 73 viruses isolated outside Wuhan, 45 (61.6%) were L type, and 28 (38.4%) were S type. This comparison suggests that the L type is significantly more prevalent in Wuhan than in other places (P= 0.0004, Fisher’s exact test, Fig. 6and Table S3).

academic.oup.com...

Perhaps Iran has the L-type based on how hard it's hitting them? Or their government is using the convenient cover of CV to disappear dissidents...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Does anyone have any info on a 20 year old and a 34 year old dying from the virus in Washington?

My wife says that people are complaining about no reporting on these deaths but they are sure that it happened.

edit on 4-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Only one week later and what are the numbers here in the states?

Wasn't a very good piece to allude to was it?

It rebutted the fake news perfectly.

I find that the skeptics(people believing it isnt that bad) are slowly losing ground in which to stand on. While I do agree with some of what tansta says, some things are a little "graspy".

It isn't bad. 9 dead. 9, out of 350,000,000, in the 2+ months this has been a thing. More people died in bathtub accidents in the same time frame.

And no, I'm not saying any of the things you're probably going to try to extrapolate from that. Yes, it will get worse. It may get much worse, and it may not. But we'll survive.
edit on 4-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join