It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium
British scientists develop breath test to INSTANTLY spot coronavirus: Tech could be rolled out in airports and GP surgeries because cheek swabs take up to 48 hours to diagnose deadly bug

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Wow! Now you're talking...

This needs to be developed to the point it can quickly be modified for any virus, and be made available to the general public as an in-home test.

Hell... why not make it modifiable by software, so you can buy one device, and get updates for it to detect multiple viruses?

Would love to hear from someone knowledgeable of the tech (and the biology) to see if that is even feasible.
edit on 4-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The story below highlights why the virus will not be contained...

These people that will be flown back to NYC from severely infected countries will be housed on campus in dorms.....

This makes absolutely no sense.... they should be quarantined on a specialized military base (Guantanamo).

N.Y. Students to Be Flown Home (10:41 a.m. NY) About 300 City University of New York and State University of New York students and related faculty studying in China, Italy, Japan, Iran and South Korea will be flown back in a charter plane to New York Stewart International Airport in Orange County, Governor Andrew Cuomo said in a media briefing. They will then be quarantined and monitored for 14 days in dormitories, he said

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I know that people have been asking about the death rate by age. I happened across this article.
Bussinessinsider.com

i.insider.com...

edit on 4-3-2020 by K_OS because: I have included the link to the image, if a Mod wants to embed it, I would appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

quarantined and monitored for 14 days in dormitories

They don't want to give an inch on the 14 day thing!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
things still dont add up

If they just discovered that the first death in spain was three weeks ago,this thing MUST be everywhere... this is sooo contagious.

In canada, we have A LOT more colds/flu this year. We don’t need statistics, we see it.

Myself and my wife, we have a very very mild sore throat since 4 weeks.... it come and go....

I am very suspicious about that...

China and iran most affected.. suspect
ace 2 genotype ... suspect
usa not testing.... suspect

edit on 4-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Trillium
British scientists develop breath test to INSTANTLY spot coronavirus: Tech could be rolled out in airports and GP surgeries because cheek swabs take up to 48 hours to diagnose deadly bug

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Wow! Now you're talking...

This needs to be developed to the point it can quickly be modified for any virus, and be made available to the general public as an in-home test.

Hell... why not make it modifiable by software, so you can buy one device, and get updates for it to detect multiple viruses?

Would love to hear from someone knowledgeable of the tech to see if that is even feasible.

*cough* tricorder.xprize.org... *cough*

Close enough.
edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: ahhhh bad paste

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes I'm sure I know what percentages mean.

I also see many people ignoring tests and do self quarantine or not even and just write it off as 'flu'.

I don't know about you but I've had the 'flu' many times but never got tested so actually I am confirmed to not ever once in my life have been a confirmed case of the flu.

The percentage is just that. Of the cases they know 3.4% (or whatever it changes too) will die.

My question would be, how many people that are infected feel bad enough to trigger a test. Only severe cases will report to a doctor. Unless I feel like dying I see no reason to visit a doctor.

So in reality that number will be lower imho. But what do I know. I'm just a dumbass

Yes, yes you are. You go about your daily life, spread it to others, some of whom could die. How humanitarian.

This is the kind of attitude that will infect millions.

Yes of course. As there are not enough tests now it makes no sense to flood everything with anyone that does not need it. Nor does a societal collapse due to lock down makes sense. As millions would die from that as well.

It's no different then last year, a decade ago or in 10 years. Besides the false sense of security has disappeared.

Humanitarian is a communal form of narcism.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
"Three days more sick pay for self-isolating workers"

www.bbc.com...

well done UK.. taking some proactive steps to help the people

So, is the UK government reimbursing the companies actually paying the sick pay?

link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Conspiracy theory time...

Looks like there may be 3 strains in Italy. Not sure they are significantly different like the 2 strains reported in China... But anyway, here's the conspiracy theory:

Release bio-weapon in China and Iran, (any others).

Release a faster transmitting mutated version at home (and possibly with allies), one which is seriously low severity, encourage spread as much as possible. By the time spread of the China version reaches home, the mutated version has already burned through your population enough to minimise the virulence and spread of the China version. Where is Home?

I was really shrugging off there being a release of 2 strains way back in the first thread? Maybe it was the second when people started saying it seemed like there were 2 strains going around. Now.... it's not looking like such a crazy theory

link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

originally posted by: celltypespecific

quarantined and monitored for 14 days in dormitories

They don't want to give an inch on the 14 day thing!

Strange that - as I mentioned before, even South Africa will quarantine for 21 days which seems more realistic given the data we now have.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Looks like there may be 3 strains in Italy. Not sure they are significantly different like the 2 strains reported in China... But anyway, here's the conspiracy theory:

Release a faster transmitting mutated version at home (and possibly with allies), one which is seriously low severity, encourage spread as much as possible. By the time spread of the China version reaches home, the mutated version has already burned through your population enough to minimise the virulence and spread of the China version. Where is Home?

conspiracy time :
this theory is good... inline with what i just posted... everybody is having a cold here.... we see it with our own eyes.. it is a kind of vaccine...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
Have you got a link to that please a reply to: KindraLaBelle

here it is
www.brusselstimes.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
"Three days more sick pay for self-isolating workers"

www.bbc.com...

well done UK.. taking some proactive steps to help the people

So, is the UK government reimbursing the companies actually paying the sick pay?

No need too, statutory sick pay comes from the government not the employer.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Did anyone watch the California briefing? I got it in when the Spanish translator was speaking and she mentioned quarantine however the audio quality was so poor I couldn't continue watching it

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Pasting this link again : From the WHO live Q&A

Questions start at 26mins.
Interestingly, the tests only pick up dead virus, not live virus ?
Thats what she says.

twitter.com...

edit : To add :
- 80-90% will recover from this.

- Plasma from Convalescent/recovering patients does help, but not sure how much.
- As for catching it again, we should develop antibodies, but they are just starting the tests on antibody production/protection levels.

its 31m43s long (in case of any edits).
edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

I was really shrugging off there being a release of 2 strains way back in the first thread? Maybe it was the second when people started saying it seemed like there were 2 strains going around. Now.... it's not looking like such a crazy theory

Id posted this a few pages back too -

Coronavirus: there are 2 different types of the strain, Chinese study finds

link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Unfortunately, not everyone has insurance, even with USA's new insurance plan

Understood...

I don't feel sorry for someone whose paid-for home burns down, and they have no insurance.

You get what you pay (or don't pay) for...

link   

Viruses mutate rapidly. That's normal and it's also how they trace the spread.

Given what’s known about the pace at which viral genomes mutate, if nCoV had been circulating in humans since significantly before the first case was reported on Dec. 8, the 24 genomes would differ more. Applying ballpark rates of viral evolution, Rambaut estimates that the Adam (or Eve) virus from which all others are descended first appeared no earlier than Oct. 30, 2019, and no later than Nov. 29.

The progenitor virus itself was almost certainly one that circulates harmlessly in bats (as SARS does) but has an “intermediate reservoir” in one or more animals that come into contact with people, Andersen said. Presumably, that reservoir is one of the species of animals at the Wuhan market thought to be ground zero for the outbreak. The ancestor of 2019-nCoV existed in that species for some unknown time, never infecting people, until by chance a single virus acquired a mutation that made it capable of jumping into and infecting humans.

The genome sequences suggest that was a one-time-only jump. “The genomes [from the 24 samples] are very uniform,” Andersen said. “If there had been multiple introductions,” including from many different animals, “there would be more genomic diversity. This was a single introduction.”

Link

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I was one of the ones who didn't think much of the 2 strains idea, mainly because people were suggesting China released them both, one to cover the other up!

My conspiracy theory is a bit different since it is the attacker who releases a second strain at home, so they can say," yes, we have it here too", but actually theirs is effectively a contagious vaccine.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
It seems no problem earlier threads and such using published numbers, but now, its a problem requiring a "lot" more data to be sure of numbers.

? I think it has been pretty much universally accepted on all 4 of these threads that the numbers are skewed - especially those coming from the CCP, which is the vast majority.

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join