It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

originally posted by: malektaus
a reply to: GlobalGold

so then they need to test all the families contacts and the neighbors. this is gonna be a total fluster cluck of craziness.

Well, the neighbor did drive him to hospital, so there was close contact there

Warning! Wear a mask before driving neighbors to hospital!

I think I will leave that job to the professionals.
Need a cornavirus ride to the hospital? Don't call me, call an ambulance.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes I'm sure I know what percentages mean.

I also see many people ignoring tests and do self quarantine or not even and just write it off as 'flu'.

I don't know about you but I've had the 'flu' many times but never got tested so actually I am confirmed to not ever once in my life have been a confirmed case of the flu.

The percentage is just that. Of the cases they know 3.4% (or whatever it changes too) will die.

My question would be, how many people that are infected feel bad enough to trigger a test. Only severe cases will report to a doctor. Unless I feel like dying I see no reason to visit a doctor.

So in reality that number will be lower imho. But what do I know. I'm just a dumbass

Yes, yes you are. You go about your daily life, spread it to others, some of whom could die. How humanitarian.

This is the kind of attitude that will infect millions.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Anyone know where I can watch the LA county live news briefing that's happening in half an hour? Unless I've got the time wrong.....

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

India has confirmed 28 cases of the novel coronavirus, the nation's Health Minister Harsh Vardhan announced in a press conference on Wednesday.

Vardhan said that the cases broke down as follows:

17 were identified as an Italian travel group and an Indian driver.
1 case reported on Monday in New Delhi was a person who had traveled to Italy.
6 cases in Agra were linked to the New Delhi case.
1 case reported on Monday involved a 24-year-old in India's southern state of Telangana who had traveled to Dubai.
3 cases reported earlier in Kerala have recovered and been discharged.

Just read this post! Possible lift off in India now and that's gonna spread like wildfire!

I'm actually surprised at the low number of cases in India.
I personally put that down to tests not being done, but thats me.

I'll expect them to rise quite quickly at some point.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DetectiveT
a reply to: celltypespecific

All I can say is don’t be too surprised if you start seeing select schools in the US closing in the coming days/weeks. I don’t know all the specifics but NJIT is making preparations to go online due to their location. Whether it is just preparations or already in process I’m not sure. This info comes from a student. They seemed to be under the impression it was a done deal but without further confirmation I don’t want to make any concrete statements.

Aside from increased cleaning measures things are still normal. Some more chatter about it, people not wanting to shake hands etc. but. nothing too major.

Yeah, you know the one Prince William's son goes to? That was closed straight away... I wonder why???

All other schools remain open... well nearly all. I think 3 or 4 schools have closed due to students travelling back from Italy!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The coronavirus has evolved into two major types, with differing transmission rates and geographical distribution, according to a study published in the National Science Review on Tuesday.

A group of Chinese scientists analysed 103 coronavirus genomes and identified mutations in 149 sites across the strains.

They found that one type, which they called the L type, was more prevalent than the other, the S type, meaning it was more infectious. They also found that the L type had evolved from the S type, and that the L type was far more widespread before January 7 and in Wuhan, ground zero of the outbreak.

www.scmp.com...

Now, to identify the types that are spreading in other nations.

we're just finally getting testing going here in US - now they're going to have to start testing people for multiple strains?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Its started moving about in South America now aswell. I read earlier 1 in Argentina and 1 in Chile, 2 in Brazil, 6 in Equador

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: malektaus
a reply to: GlobalGold

so then they need to test all the families contacts and the neighbors. this is gonna be a total fluster cluck of craziness.

Well, the neighbor did drive him to hospital, so there was close contact there

Warning! Wear a mask before driving neighbors to hospital!

I think I will leave that job to the professionals.
Need a cornavirus ride to the hospital? Don't call me, call an ambulance.

In all reality people will probably call an uber or a lyft. Ambulances are way too expensive. This is why we are doomed.
edit on 4-3-2020 by asdfa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Its started moving about in South America now aswell. I read earlier 1 in Argentina and 1 in Chile, 2 in Brazil, 6 in Equador

In the French Carribbean they had small riots when one or two cruise ships were coming in to dock, and offload the passengers.
The passengers were basically told to get back (to them by phone/email etc) if they developed any symptoms.

Not sure where the ships were from, I think they were back from Italy or something.

edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
But on the other side how many have died that they put down to something else as it wasn't known they had coronavirus, and now dead won't be tested, so it could also be more fatal than we think too? a reply to: tanstaafl

They are starting to discover through testing of deceased..not sure when testing was done though..

BNO News
MAR 3

19:40: 7 new cases, including two deaths, in King County, Washington state. The deaths happened on February 26 but until now it was unknown they were infected with coronavirus. (Source)

19:20: 31 new cases and 1 new death in Spain. This is the first death in Spain. The patient died on February 13 but the cause of death was initially described as pneumonia of unknown origin. (Source 1, Source 2)

19:15: 19 new cases in Japan. (Source)

19:00: 8 new cases in Norway. (Source)

18:55: 1 new case, a death, in Washington state, United States. The patient was someone who died in the Seattle area in late February and was later found to have coronavirus. (Source)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Anyone know where I can watch the LA county live news briefing that's happening in half an hour? Unless I've got the time wrong.....

No guarantee they will have it, but here is a link to NBC TV station in Los Angeles...NBC 4

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
But on the other side how many have died that they put down to something else as it wasn't known they had coronavirus, and now dead won't be tested, so it could also be more fatal than we think too? a reply to: tanstaafl

They are starting to discover through testing of deceased..not sure when testing was done though..

BNO News
MAR 3

19:40: 7 new cases, including two deaths, in King County, Washington state. The deaths happened on February 26 but until now it was unknown they were infected with coronavirus. (Source)

19:20: 31 new cases and 1 new death in Spain. This is the first death in Spain. The patient died on February 13 but the cause of death was initially described as pneumonia of unknown origin. (Source 1, Source 2)

19:15: 19 new cases in Japan. (Source)

19:00: 8 new cases in Norway. (Source)

18:55: 1 new case, a death, in Washington state, United States. The patient was someone who died in the Seattle area in late February and was later found to have coronavirus. (Source)

"This is the first death in Spain.The patient died on February 13 but the cause of death was initially described as pneumonia of unknown origin."

Damn it's been wild there a while...
edit on 4-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: celltypespecific
So Its OFFICIAL now the DEATH rate for covid19 is:

3.4%

Based on... what data? Oh, a bunch of incomplete data most of which (that coming from China) is extremely questionable?

Also, that number is skewed until you look at the breakdown of who is most at risk.

What we need to focus on are those most at risk.

The way to do that is stop the fear-mongering, and explain things rationally to people - that the vast majority - young and healthy - will either remain asymptomatic or have only minor symptoms - and that we need to do what we can to protect, and if necessary, treat those most at risk.

Hi Tanstaafl,
Please understand that the 3.4% DEATH RATE was ANNOUNCED BY THE WHO.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi Tanstaafl,

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hi Tanstaafl,

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
According to the NY Times resource, there are currently 23 cases in the US in which the person contracted it from an unknown source.

It's the 4th graphic in this link: www.nytimes.com...

What more do you need to know? This thing has already popped off and is about to hit ludicrous speed...

edit on 4-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
16h53 on the link below:

www.20minutes.fr...

"French non-residents are barred/refused from entry to Israel."

I take that to mean that if you are French, but not a resident of Israel, then you will be barred/refused entry.

edit : Also, New York State : Cuomo confirms rise to Six cases now.

From the BBC Live feed just now.
www.bbc.com...
edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit 2 : Text from 17h15 local time on the feed :

The number of infected people in the US state of New York has now risen to six, Governor Andrew Cuomo has said.

He said among them were the family of a Manhattan lawyer who had tested positive for the coronavirus on Tuesday.

The lawyer's son is believed to have been studying at New York's Yeshiva University, which has cancelled Wednesday classes as a "precautionary step".

Speaking at a news conference, Governor Cuomo warned that there were going to be "many, many people who test positive".

"By definition, the more you test, the more people you will find who test positive," he said

edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Yes, for now, we have to go with the numbers that we have.

What if people die from this weeks or months after being 'recovered'?
It is a possibility, and that would make the numbers we have right now look even sillier.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If you look at this resource and compare China's cases to "the rest of the world" you can see that the rest of the world appears to be at the same place China was (officially) at around 1/31.

I first heard about this outbreak in the 3rd week or so of January and it kept getting more graphic and alarming every subsequent day after that.

I think it's time to really buckle up (or buckle down, depending on how you want to look at it)

covid19info.live...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was just talking to a co-worker. He says his family are going to start wearing gloves when they go outside of their home. I mentioned that he might want to start taking his shoes off outside before entering the house.
People spit on the ground.
I don't know about everyone else, but I have seen dirty diapers lying in grocery store parking lot more than a few times.

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join