It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Strangely positive story about the President and sickness on cnn.

www.cnn.com...

Strange but positive

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Of course everyone wishes they were healthy enough not to need meds, but unfortunately, they are the only lifesaving option for some people -

India curbs drug exports as fears of coronavirus shortages mount
It is unclear how restrictions could affect the availability of common exported medicines including some antibiotics.

India, the world's main supplier of generic drugs, has restricted the export of 26 pharmaceutical ingredients and the medicines made from them, including Paracetamol - a common pain reliever also sold as acetaminophen - as the coronavirus outbreak plays havoc with supply chains....

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There is/was a Q&A by the WHO on coronavirus, but i can't see the video.

twitter.com...

anyone else get a video, or live feed ?

edit : got it working in IE (lol, of all things...)

edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: yay for IE

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

What about your job?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Anyone have a live feed to CA press conference?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Might be time for the US and other countries to stop outsourcing so much. Globalism is a bad idea

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

The first death in Spain, died of pneumonia of unknown origin on 13th of Feb, now tests show they had nCoV.

This is pretty huge news because that means Spain had the 3rd death outside of China. Spain's first case was 3 days ago, but actually their first death was 3 weeks ago!

Hopefully this means that it is so widespread that actually it is mostly going unnoticed and so death rate etc is far far lower than anticipated. But could just be that a lot of deaths have already been missed. Well done Spain for following that up.

Unfortunately with tweets like this sourced from doctors:
"Just spoke with ER doc who say he's seeing cases he's 99% sure are #coronavirus. Negative for flu, recent travel, work in airports. Not allowed to test. Patients return to work because they can't take time off w/out a firm diagnosis. Other ER docs seeing the same thing."

I find it much easier to believe they are just covering cases up, so undoubtedly deaths too.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Math error... and I'm an engineer.

Hah! No worries, especially since the math is meaningless at this point. We need a lot more data before we can even begin to determine a real CFR.

It seems no problem earlier threads and such using published numbers, but now, its a problem requiring a "lot" more data to be sure of numbers.

That wouldn't be because now published numbers tend to disagree with suppositions made.

Huge difference between 0.2% and 3.4% - millions in fact!

So I understand supposed point - claim is made that annual flu number is inflated to sell vaccines, therefor, CV-19 is inflated to scare why? report back with just the facts as fond of claiming.

He is already in denial mode to avoid terror and fear
)
And yeah deathrate will be 5-20% depending on healthcare system breaking down according to german officials case szenario (that is even less lethal and contagious as the current virus)

Read for yourself Page 55 and following. Ahh yeah they also speak of collapse... economically and otherwise. AnywAy
Here is the Link

dipbt.bundestag.de...
edit on 4-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

These stats have sure got longer since the last time I posted this. So many Country's now on the list. The big movers today are India with 21 new cases, 34 in UK, 35 in Switzerland, 37 in Spain, 59 in Germany, 586 in Iran and 435 in South Korea.

This Month is THE Month where it's going to rocket all over in the country's above. For the Country's on 1 and 2 cases total, they will explode in May!

I'm wondering if this virus will die out eventually or be like a yearly thing springing up like the normal flu. Personally by what I'm reading about it, I hope it dies out.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 4-3-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes, the CDC/medical leadership has totally bungled this.

But it has nothing to do with them 'missing key players', becasue they weren't. That is a fake news lie.

No it's not - where are you getting your incorrect information from? Trump fired the guy that would have lead the efforts against this virus in 2018. He was -not- replaced. Two more key players vacated in 2019. They were NOT replaced. Ziemer's team was also disbanded. How is that fake?

You are sort of right about the funding. Trump didn't actively cut funding - but he did not try to renew the allocated budget, which would have cut their funding by 80%. That was his intention - but Congress disagreed and the funding was not cut. If he could have had his way, the CDC in addition to the losses in personnel, would have had 80% less funding.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

These stats have sure got longer since the last time I posted this. So many Country's now on the list. The big movers today are India with 21 new cases, 34 in UK, 35 in Switzerland, 37 in Spain, 59 in Germany, 586 in Iran and 435 in South Korea.

This Month is THE Month where it's going to rocket all over in the country's above. For the Country's on 1 and 2 cases total, they will explode in May!

I'm wondering if this virus will die out eventually or be like a yearly thing springing up like the normal flu. Personally by what I'm reading about it, I hope it dies out.

www.worldometers.info...

France has been 257/283 since 15h40 GMT+1, so yeah, I think its slowing down.
Either they are overloaded, or the numbers are coming out slower.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Anyone have a live feed to CA press conference?

bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
From the BBC live feed : Goodbye London.

Vietnam Airlines carried infected Japanese passenger - government

The Vietnamese government has revealed that Vietnam Airlines carried a Japanese passenger from Siem Reap, Cambodia, to Ho Chi Minh City, who then traveled on to Nagoya, Japan, where he tested positive for coronavirus.

This happened on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, five fellow passengers who are in Vietnam are now being contacted for self-quarantine.

But 50 others had already gone on their way to London, the government said.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Sure NOT
Although the budget reduces overall funding for global health, from $571 million to $532 million in 2021, officials carved out an extra $50 million for global health security, which are measures aimed at disease detection and emergencies. That bump comes at the expense of international HIV/AIDS programs, which is being cut by about $58 million.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
a reply to: whatnext21

The first death in Spain, died of pneumonia of unknown origin on 13th of Feb, now tests show they had nCoV.

This is pretty huge news because that means Spain had the 3rd death outside of China. Spain's first case was 3 days ago, but actually their first death was 3 weeks ago!

Hopefully this means that it is so widespread that actually it is mostly going unnoticed and so death rate etc is far far lower than anticipated. But could just be that a lot of deaths have already been missed. Well done Spain for following that up.

Unfortunately with tweets like this sourced from doctors:
"Just spoke with ER doc who say he's seeing cases he's 99% sure are #coronavirus. Negative for flu, recent travel, work in airports. Not allowed to test. Patients return to work because they can't take time off w/out a firm diagnosis. Other ER docs seeing the same thing."

I find it much easier to believe they are just covering cases up, so undoubtedly deaths too.

Maybe the virus is everywhere already... and having low impact. I remember that ace2 genotype chart. spain was at the botton...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

twitter.com...

Yay, Parents are currently in LA.
Waaay up in the Hills though.
Shall probably get an update from them tonight.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not Good!

Eric Feigl-Ding Retweeted
@DrEricDing

2) American has little to no *excess* spare capacity in hospital beds. Driven by a for profit model. As pointed out by
@zorinaq, US ranks low in 🏥 beds per capita.
1st: Japan, 13.1 beds per 1000 people
2nd: Korea, 12.8 beds
18th: China, 4.3 beds
31st: USA, 2.8 beds

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Two more (cases) in Northern Ireland, and 5 more in France.

France would go to 262/288

From Livefeeds :

www.20minutes.fr...

www.bbc.com...
edit on 4-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: clarification

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Conspiracy theory time...

Looks like there may be 3 strains in Italy. Not sure they are significantly different like the 2 strains reported in China... But anyway, here's the conspiracy theory:

Release bio-weapon in China and Iran, (any others).

Release a faster transmitting mutated version at home (and possibly with allies), one which is seriously low severity, encourage spread as much as possible. By the time spread of the China version reaches home, the mutated version has already burned through your population enough to minimise the virulence and spread of the China version. Where is Home?
edit on 4-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join