It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
The best bet is honestly, let it spread and kill off the weak and face it head on. This way those who are not sick can still play a part in keeping businesses open and the economy moving forward, and those who are sick can step aside until they are better, or until they breath their last breath.

Wow...

What we should be doing is being honest with people - that the young and/or healthy are much lower risk, explain the numbers honestly - and urge everyone to focus on what we can do to free up systemic resources to help those most at risk.

People will die, but I certainly don't agree that we should just 'let it happen'. We accept reality, and deal with it as best we can. But there is no need to freak out if you are young and healthy. Worry about your parents, your grandparents, your friends/family with underlying health conditions.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes I'm sure I know what percentages mean.

I also see many people ignoring tests and do self quarantine or not even and just write it off as 'flu'.

I don't know about you but I've had the 'flu' many times but never got tested so actually I am confirmed to not ever once in my life have been a confirmed case of the flu.

The percentage is just that. Of the cases they know 3.4% (or whatever it changes too) will die.

My question would be, how many people that are infected feel bad enough to trigger a test. Only severe cases will report to a doctor. Unless I feel like dying I see no reason to visit a doctor.

So in reality that number will be lower imho. But what do I know. I'm just a dumbass

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

14:18: 32 new cases in the United Kingdom. Twenty-nine patients have recently traveled from countries with outbreaks of coronavirus. Three other patients contracted the virus in the UK. (Source)

www.gov.uk...

damn, that seems like a jump in daily infections for the UK

29 recently arrived ?... so.... I'm hoping you're discussing travel restrictions being expanded, Borris?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It would be nice to know what really transpired in China over the last few months, but we would probably be frightened out of our wits.

I agree, because I think that what happened there is not from the nCoV that we are dealing with.

I think they murdered a whole lot of people - both 'useless eaters' that were sapping their resources, and any/all known dissidents, that were threatening their power. I think that is also happening in NK and Iran.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: GlobalGold
From your link:

with dog picking up traces of the virus

As if the virus leaves footprints.
It didn't pick up traces, it was infected with the virus.
The dog got the virus and is a reservoir for it at this point.

I was wondering same thing. They say transmitted from human-to-dog, but then why couldn't it go the other way... dog-to-human

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
Only severe cases will report to a doctor. Unless I feel like dying I see no reason to visit a doctor.

I dont buy that...

look at all the negative tests coming out..

I think people are freaking out and getting tested over a sneeze.

where I think numbers arent accurate, are people who have gotten sick and recovered at home.. they could have it, but dont care or dont know. The unfortunate part for them is, the virus reactivates - or people fall sick again. So, these poor saps have probably infected everyone they care about..

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Going by latest news coming from all areas outside China, this virus definitely sounds/looks worse than we were told back in Jan early Feb.

Maybe...

But until we start getting numbers reflecting all aspects of this thing, we won't know.

Total numbers should be broken down by age range, with each group showing how many are asymptomatic, minor symptoms, serious, critical, then deaths.

Without those details, we simply cannot make a rational decision on how serious this is.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Of course we don’t believe it.

The problem is many in China will. I warned my friends and wife’s family but some people want to stay ignorant and think the regime which starved or killed 40 million+ people are honest people.

We will never know what really happened in China because as I posted and linked earlier the central govt has ordered all provincial govt to destroy the records.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Apple just canceled their big developer conference scheduled for May. Links at your fav search engine.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: tanstaafl

My Dad stored all of theirs in 5 gallon buckets. After filling them with the rice/beans/whatever, he stuck a tube down to the bottom and filled them with nitrogen. This ensures no bugs. And as long as you are careful when opening it to get some out, the nitrogen - heavier than air - will remain in place.

Hmm, that is actually an excellent idea! But would CO2, perhaps in the form of dry ice, work too?

Yes, but I'm not sure which is better...

More info on these here and here, and here is a video on how to do this with nitrogen.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Look at all the test shortages everywhere.

Let's hope our UK fellows really can spread that instant test I keep hearing about. That would shed some light on the situation.

All I'm saying is interpreted the numbers to what they represent. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: FamCore

Of course we don’t believe it.

The problem is many in China will. I warned my friends and wife’s family but some people want to stay ignorant and think the regime which starved or killed 40 million+ people are honest people.

We will never know what really happened in China because as I posted and linked earlier the central govt has ordered all provincial govt to destroy the records.

Precisely, my point was that it isn't "optimistic news" that China isn't reporting many cases. It's just propaganda and lies

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Populations of 1.9 million and 1.2 million respectively.

twitter.com...
edit on 4-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

a reply to: GlobalGold
From your link:

with dog picking up traces of the virus

As if the virus leaves footprints.
It didn't pick up traces, it was infected with the virus.
The dog got the virus and is a reservoir for it at this point.

I was wondering same thing. They say transmitted from human-to-dog, but then why couldn't it go the other way... dog-to-human

Yes, and with dogs in the mix, we have a whole different species involved.
What are mutations of the virus going to contain coming from dogs?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
New York City college student tests positive for coronavirus, marking the state’s third case.

Yeshiva University in New York City said it canceled all classes on one of its Manhattan campuses after one of its students contracted COVID-19.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 4-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Spot-on analysis there. I'll second that opinion.

At my hospital, IMHO we still don't have an adequate policy from the CDC of how to handle our first (unavoidable at this point) COVID19 patient. But, the lucky thing is that since we have not been issued any test kits, we are not likely to get a 'confirmed' COVID19 patient anyway....

I feel like our leaders are standing with their fingers in their ears and eyes clamped shut yelling; so that they drown out everything inevitably happening around them.

I might add: I have great faith in our local people, but right now we are operating without much direction 'from higher up'.

edit on 4-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: addendum

link   
Isn't that one of the cities where they were licking the shrine. Like litterally making people lick it?

If it is, I wonder where is all of the partying now?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Been here for over two months. Tell ya what, I’ll bet a week, two tops maybe this is everywhere. Everywhere!

And weren't you saying the exact same thing, 2 months ago? Getting tired of moving those goal posts?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

😂😂

It's very almost 3.6 aswell... 'not great, not terrible'

Very good agit8ted!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

All I can say is don’t be too surprised if you start seeing select schools in the US closing in the coming days/weeks. I don’t know all the specifics but NJIT is making preparations to go online due to their location. Whether it is just preparations or already in process I’m not sure. This info comes from a student. They seemed to be under the impression it was a done deal but without further confirmation I don’t want to make any concrete statements.

Aside from increased cleaning measures things are still normal. Some more chatter about it, people not wanting to shake hands etc. but. nothing too major.

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join