It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tracele
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Exactly! The PM said as children don’t get it badly that the risk was low... but what about them giving it to their parents and grandparents etc.... disaster! I don’t get it.....

That is my fear. I have an 85 year old mother, with multiple health conditions, and a son with asthma. I worry about them the most. My fear is that one of my kids will pick it up at school, and become a germ bomb for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
originally posted by: tanstaafl
"If there are, indeed, a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there, barring a huge number of these dying in the streets, that is a very good thing."

You can't be serious?

I'm very serious.

Have you forgotten that those people are very likely infectious to others and could be passing on the infection to people who could have severe, even deadly, symptoms? That is insignificant to you?

No, I haven't forgotten. I am talking about reality. Facts. They are what they are.

Are you seriously suggesting that if the reality is that the risk of death and/or serious illness from this thing is much lower than what the numbers we are seeing is telling us, that that is not a good thing?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Doesn't matter a reply to: Furryhobnob

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Exactly! The PM said as children don’t get it badly that the risk was low... but what about them giving it to their parents and grandparents etc.... disaster! I don’t get it.....

That is my fear. I have an 85 year old mother, with multiple health conditions, and a son with asthma. I worry about them the most. My fear is that one of my kids will pick it up at school, and become a germ bomb for the rest of us.

I feel the same, we have asthma and epilepsy in our family along with older relatives, this will explode if they leave it too long.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
"All but one of which are elderly and had underlying health problems, as did the man in his fifty's.

Time to start getting healthy people. Do what you have to do to get off the prescription drugs."

Could you leave the ignorance at the door? Seriously...

Ignorance? You're saying it is ignorant to acknowledge the fact that the healthier you are, the less chance you have of dying, or even getting seriously ill from this thing?

Edit: aren’t you the one asking for links and proof? Wtf does prescription drugs have to do with a NOVEL virus pandemic?

Seriously? You don't understand the link between people who take prescription drugs, and the underlying health problem the drug are prescribed for?

Could you please leave your ignorance at the door?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Mamana12
There is one thing what is different in COVID19 from normal flu. In Covid 19 there is no runny nose ( very few has that ) or sneezing. You should get tested !

Thanks for that! It is a specific symptom (lack thereof) I must have missed, not sure how.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
First Japan....Now Italy...

Don't worry people...its just like the flu....and don't forget to wash your hands..

twitter.com...
edit on 4-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I feel the same, we have asthma and epilepsy in our family along with older relatives, this will explode if they leave it too long.

I am waiting out the week, see how things progress. If things are looking worse by the weekend, my kids will not be going to school Monday.

The plan is to have my mother come stay with us, and "shelter in place" for at least 2 weeks to see which way it is going. If things begin to lighten and it looks like the schools are safe, they can go back. We all just had a 2 week "staycation". If not, we are prepared for 6 months.

If by the weekend it is marginal, but not increasing a lot, I may push it another week

Either way, Friday will be the last shopping day for quite a while. The wife wants to pick up a few things. In our area, I think we are still relatively safe for one last outing. I may break out the gloves and masks though.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted. Latest from China TODAY!
So now we have 2 types of the Coronavirus...."A group of Chinese scientists analysed 103 coronavirus genomes and identified mutations in 149 sites across the strains.
They found that one type, which they called the L type, was more prevalent than the other, the S type, meaning it was more infectious. They also found that the L type had evolved from the S type, and that the L type was far more widespread before January 7 and in Wuhan, ground zero of the outbreak."
Second, they are saying it is now an aerosol......well blow me down! That was pretty obvious when they had all those trucks and people in hazmat suits spraying the streets, pavements and buildings!

2 types and an aerosol

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Why I think "a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there" is NOT a good thing!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
10 Week Closure:

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I am waiting out the week, see how things progress. If things are looking worse by the weekend, my kids will not be going to school Monday.

The plan is to have my mother come stay with us, and "shelter in place" for at least 2 weeks to see which way it is going. If things begin to lighten and it looks like the schools are safe, they can go back. We all just had a 2 week "staycation". If not, we are prepared for 6 months.

If by the weekend it is marginal, but not increasing a lot, I may push it another week

Either way, Friday will be the last shopping day for quite a while. The wife wants to pick up a few things. In our area, I think we are still relatively safe for one last outing. I may break out the gloves and masks though.

I said last night that depending on the numbers this week we’ll be avoiding busy areas, as of yet there aren’t any cases locally but the schools concern me a lot. I’ll be stocking up more this weekend too but it’ll be delivered to home, the supermarkets were very busy last weekend. Given that Italy have closed all their schools I suspect that will come but not for a while yet, if necessary I’ll speak to school if we feel it’s too high risk.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Funem
So do our American members think the testing should be just made free?

All you have to do is inform whoever is insisting you get tested that you will not be paying for it. If they insist, it's on them.

Also Iv heard about paying for your own quarantine?!?!

Same response (haven't heard this one).

Regardless, it is ludicrous that insurance doesn't cover it, and I'm not sure that claim is even true. If it is, I imagine we'll be hearing something pretty soon about these costs being waived.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Flu mortality in the US is between 0.1% and 0.2%.

Actually, I wonder about that. I've never trusted any of these kinds of stats.

There is reason to believe these stats are manipulated/exaggerated to scare people into taking the flu shot.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Funem
So do our American members think the testing should be just made free?

All you have to do is inform whoever is insisting you get tested that you will not be paying for it. If they insist, it's on them.

Also Iv heard about paying for your own quarantine?!?!

Same response (haven't heard this one).

Regardless, it is ludicrous that insurance doesn't cover it, and I'm not sure that claim is even true. If it is, I imagine we'll be hearing something pretty soon about these costs being waived.

Unfortunately, not everyone has insurance, even with USA's new insurance plan

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The head of WHO, Dr Tredos, came out today and said 2 important facts

1. 3.4% of corona-virus cases die. This is much more than seasonal flu which has a rate far lower than 1%
2. People are far more susceptible to Corona-virus than the flu, because all people have immunity and resistance to the flu

Its time to stop the ''its no worse than the flu'' garbage.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Math error... and I'm an engineer.

Hah! No worries, especially since the math is meaningless at this point. We need a lot more data before we can even begin to determine a real CFR.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

Why I think "a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there" is NOT a good thing!

Absolutely, they’ve said in the UK they won’t test/report once we reach 100 cases, so I take from that we must all behave as if we might be in close contact with it at all times, I suppose it will make people be more careful but then there’s all the ‘it’s just the flu’ brigade.... there’s lots of rumours about people asking for tests but the NHS won’t do it because they’ve had no travel to the listed areas or contact with someone who has. But it’s ok... the UK is prepared..........

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

The circles are infections, the squares are sanctuary cities. Based on current numbers roughly 85% of US infections are in self proclaimed sanctuary cities/states. So, is it coincidence?

Yes, absolutely a coincidence. The infections are spreading primarily from cities with airports that are common destinations from other countries. Which is being witnessed happening in cities across the globe. The U.S. is not a special case, where immigrants are creating the outbreaks. Can an immigrant catch and spread it? Sure. It's not -the- reason however, as you are suggesting. That is completely ridiculous.

It was pointed out that 7 out of 10 areas with cases were the landing spots of citizens flown back by our government, to the airports they directed they be taken. I'd say that's much more likely. That, and U.S. citizens returning on flights from Iran, Italy, China and other countries. Not some vagrant migrants - that is a ridiculous premise.

I appreciate your opinion, but I still question the huge disparity. I find it hard to believe 85% of anything is coincidence.

There are cities with international airports all over the country, not just in sanctuary cities. But the infections in this country are almost all in sanctuary cities. It struck me as odd that the maps were nearly identical. Enough that I wondered if it was cause and effect.

For the record though - I never said migrants were the cause of the outbreaks. Going back to the first post all I did was make an observation and ask the question, "Is it coincidence?" I was immediately met with attacks and naysayers who never even considered the possibility because I dared to make an observation that they could use as a political sniping opportunity.

As you pointed out, and I had already acknowledged, these cities have other things in common than just being sanctuary cities. But I do believe the sanctuary aspect will come into play if it hasn't already. Huge homeless populations with little to no healthcare and viral epidemics do not mix well. This is not a partisan attack, just common sense. Unfortunately, as witnessed in this very thread, some people can not see beyond the partisan politics.

I made an accurate observation that the map overlays were nearly identical and some people got their panties in a bunch.

Oh well...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
Well it is about darn time!! The USA health system has been acting like some third world country with nothing better than country bumpkin doctors only able to recommend taking two aspirin and calling them in the morning if symptoms don't get better.

Correction... it absolutely is not 'the USA health system' that is fumbling the ball. It is, very specifically, the CDC, and the CDC/Medical leadership that is fumbling things.

The frontline doctors are the vast majority (99.999%) of our health system, and they are the ones who are being betrayed by the CDC/leadership.

That is where we should focus our ire.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join