It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
haha no! But it is something i have read about recently in relation to this. I had no idea you could easily pull children out of school with a simple letter as long as you have plans to educate at home. And there are a lot of great resources out there so it's definitely possible. Hopefully just for a short time.
I think there will come a time when schools do close, either from parental pressure (and them pulling their kids out) or things escalate here and it's safer for them to close. I can see why the government would not do it yet as it is very disrupting but to keep them open too long is a real risk of spreading it. I heard somewhere that a school that planned to close for 2 weeks here due to a case actually was forced to reopen much earlier due to parents getting annoyed....i'm thinking in a few more weeks that will change a fair bit.

edit to add: the vibration is real! haha

a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Yeah I'm not buying it. You are totally part of the light show on the inside of my eyelids. No vibrations yet, but you are clearly more advanced than me.

Thank you for your input on the school thing. What number am I thinking of?

If you are in my head, please be sure to wipe your feet on the way out, it is filthy in there.

edit on 3-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Could’ve been pneumonia?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Good interview. I have no faith in this guy. He rubs me the wrong way. Just another slimy bureaucrat

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What, are they praying,

Interestingly the bloke with his elbow on the fireplace mantle is apparently stifling a sneeze.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I'm in nebraska. My employer just put out travel and shipping restrictions. Just a heads up. We make medical supplies.

Don't leave us hanging....what are the restrictions...?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: roflhoff
Evening all,

Just seen this thread on twitter about getting tested in Seattle. Sounds somewhat problematic....

twitter.com...

Apologies if this has already been posted. Trying to keep up with thread as best I can!

WOW thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it and it looks like even in Seattle where they know there have to be loads of people with it she still can't get tested. This is a s**t show

link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Well what else are they supposed to do?

Call the cops secretly and have them detained?

Um, let them leave through the front like they came in?

If they are infected, it doesn't matter because they're sending them back out into society, and if they entered through the front door, they're already been there.

edit on 3-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

and I thought it was some new kind of new viral prayer style.

link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That changes what I posted how, exactly? Melodrama isn't going to help us in any way moving forward and the simple fact is respiratory viruses aren't well handled by the elderly and especially elderly with underlying health conditions (yes, those do exist... anything that takes energy away from your immune system is going to cause you to have a weakened response to COVID, the flu, a cold, etc. That's called medical science.)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

edit on 3-3-2020 by hades84 because: (no reason given)

link   

haha no! But it is something i have read about recently in relation to this. I had no idea you could easily pull children out of school with a simple letter as long as you have plans to educate at home. And there are a lot of great resources out there so it's definitely possible. Hopefully just for a short time.
I think there will come a time when schools do close, either from parental pressure (and them pulling their kids out) or things escalate here and it's safer for them to close. I can see why the government would not do it yet as it is very disrupting but to keep them open too long is a real risk of spreading it. I heard somewhere that a school that planned to close for 2 weeks here due to a case actually was forced to reopen much earlier due to parents getting annoyed....i'm thinking in a few more weeks that will change a fair bit.

edit to add: the vibration is real! haha

You just write and inform the Education Department of your local council. I know many families who are homeschooling in the UK.
Those empty schools will be used as quarantine/containment centres....ever noticed how the top of the fencing at most schools especially primary schools point IN towards the school and not OUT to prevent burglars and the like?

Rainbows
Jane

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: GoShredAK

Um, let them leave through the front like they came in?

If they are infected, it doesn't matter because they're sending them back out into society, and if they entered through the front door, they're already been there.

Oh my bad......I misunderstood you.

I agree.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
haha! 29? Only because it was the first number that popped into my head!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

I'm in nebraska. My employer just put out travel and shipping restrictions. Just a heads up. We make medical supplies.

Sorry. It's a mandatory self quarantine for any travel to China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, Japan, Iran, and Italy. Business done in those countries won't be allowed to send product outside of their borders.

Products produced in the US will still be shipped within the US and abroad, but no US representatives are allowed to go.
edit on 3-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

link   
I had never thought of that. I imagine there is a plan in place that if the worst should happen then schools could be used for that. It's a dark thought really.
Also I too am shocked that Cheltenham is going ahead, so many people in such close quarters...sometimes it just seems like they WANT it to spread! a reply to: angelchemuel

link   
Realogy, who own most of the major US real estate brokerages, just put out a travel advisory for all of their employees banning both international and domestic flights.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

haha! 29? Only because it was the first number that popped into my head!

Oh thank god, or whoever. If you'd said 11 my whole conception of universe was going to contract into a singularity. Something like that... Actually probably just me rocking back and forth talking in tongues. To bed now. Good night

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I suggest people read this short twitter thread about a woman who says she had symptoms and all she BS she had to go to through just to try to get simply tested.

I can't confirm the veracity, but it's certainly probable.

Twitter

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

Sorry. It's a mandatory self quarantine for any travel to China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, Japan, Iran, and Italy. Business done in those countries won't be allowed to send product outside of their borders.

Products produced in the US will still be shipped within the US and abroad, but no US representatives are allowed to go.

Anyone thinking the U.S is immune to this virus is about to get rude shock it seems.

This business would one of many making similar changes.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Nah he’s just face-palming knowing ATS is gonna have a field day with the photo op...

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join