It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is a thread and a place...

THIS is not the THREAD
NOW is not the TIME
Because, we are HERE

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE #4

Go make a TORNADO thread

edit on 3-3-2020 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I found the CDC MITIGATION PLAN.....

link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
Apparently it's NOT okay to compare Corona with the flu, when the numbers are lower, but it IS OKAY to compare with Corona when the numbers are higher than the flu.

It's all in the numbers in how you look at it.

Do you not see that there are two entirely different metrics being discussed between the flu and Covid19?

Yes, it is true that to date the flu has killed more people than Covid19, yet it is also true that Covid19 has a much higher case fatality rate (CFR); the two are not mutually exclusive.

The reason we are concerned with the CFR is that should Covid19 become as widespread as is the flu, there will be many more deaths associated with Covid19 than are currently associated with the flu.

Not to mention those who fall into the category of severe illness and become too incapacitated to work. And even if a person only has a mild case, do you want them working and possibly spreading it to others who might not be lucky enough to only experience mild symptoms?

originally posted by: celltypespecific

This is posted on the CDC website:

The interesting thing (to me, at least) about this is that when I had calculated some numbers in previous posts based on information given in a couple of published studies, I randomly used 1/3 of total population as becoming infected in both overall population and then again in the category of persons over age 70.

New request for quotations (RFQ) posted at Beta Sam:

All interested companies shall provide quotation(s) for the following: Supplies Line Item Description Quantity Unit Price Total Price 0001 PPE, Gown Level 2 150,000 0002 Optional CLIN PPE, Gown Level 2 25,000 Grand Total The purpose of this requirement is to obtain appropriate PPE to combat the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and provide the necessary protection for VHA staff and the Veterans they serve. This action is to streamline an urgent requirement to procure gown-isolation, PPE impervious to prepare for COVID-19 treatment within VA healthcare facilities. The procurement of these gowns will allow VHA to properly stage and supply VA facilities nationwide with the critical PPE to properly care for veterans. The contractor shall provide 150,000, with the option to purchase additional quantities of Gown-Isolation, PPE, Impervious protective garments in 25,000 increments, to be delivered to a CONUS location to be identified upon exercising the optional CLIN. Gown-Isolation, PPE, Impervious wear shall meet the below MTRs. Gown-Isolation, PPE, Impervious TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS METHOD OF EVALUATION MTR 1 The gown shall cover the front torso and arms and should tie in the back. Physical Inspection / Literature Review MTR 2 The gown should be available in a minimum of Universal and X-Large sizing. Physical Inspection / Literature Review MTR 3 The gown shall have a tape-tab neck or necktie-bands. Physical Inspection / Literature Review MTR 4 The gown shall be non-sterile. Physical Inspection / Literature Review MTR 5 The gown shall be single use/disposable. Physical Inspection / Literature Review MTR 6 The gown shall have elastic wrists and/or thumb hooks. Physical Inspection of individual packaging MTR 7 The gown shall provide AAMI Level 2 (AATCC 43 & AATCC 127) protection. Physical Inspection of individual packaging MTR 8 Must be FDA approved Literature Review Schedule for Deliverables The contractor shall provide the below schedule for deliverables at designated distribution center. If for any reason any deliverable cannot be delivered within the scheduled time frame, please provide proposed delivery schedule. Deliverable Item Delivery Date 1 No less than Twenty-five Percent (25%) of all required Gown-Isolation, PPE, Impervious. Within 7 calendar days after award. 2 No less than Twenty-five Percent (25%) of all required Gown-Isolation, PPE, Impervious. Within 14 calendar days after award. 3 No less than the remaining Fifty Percent (50%) of all required Gown-Isolation, PPE, Impervious. Within 30 calendar days after award.

6515--PPE Level 2 Gowns

Could one of our esteemed posters with the professional knowledge/experience about this equipment give us a little more information as to why PPE Level 2 gowns might have been specified?

link   
I will try to upload..post the slides...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: celltypespecific

Far worse are the 42 people who are murdered at the hands of another person every single day in America.

And that has what to do with Coronavirus ?

Silly people 🙄

Coronavirus is not even on the radar screen, compared to what kills Americans day after day.

22 people died last night due to tornadoes in Nashville Tennessee.

Well go start a thread about tornadoes or gun murders in America. This thread is dedicated to the Coronavirus .

Do you really not understand how naive your replies are with these stats about other ways people die ??

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

China’s aggressive measures have slowed the coronavirus. They may not work in other countries

By Kai Kupferschmidt, Jon CohenMar. 2, 2020 , 4:50 PM

"Chinese hospitals overflowing with COVID-19 patients a few weeks ago now have empty beds. Trials of experimental drugs are having difficulty enrolling enough eligible patients. And the number of new cases reported each day has plummeted the past few weeks.

"These are some of the startling observations in a report released on 28 February from a mission organized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Chinese government that allowed 13 foreigners to join 12 Chinese scientists on a tour of five cities in China to study the state of the COVID-19 epidemic and the effectiveness of the country’s response. The findings surprised several of the visiting scientists. “I thought there was no way those numbers could be real,” says epidemiologist Tim Eckmanns of the Robert Koch Institute, who was part of the mission.

But the report is unequivocal. “China’s bold approach to contain the rapid spread of this new respiratory pathogen has changed the course of a rapidly escalating and deadly epidemic,” it says. “This decline in COVID-19 cases across China is real"

It goes on to say that we can't do the same things they did so... I'm not sure what that means for the rest of us.

www.sciencemag.org...

The best bet is honestly, let it spread and kill off the weak and face it head on. This way those who are not sick can still play a part in keeping businesses open and the economy moving forward, and those who are sick can step aside until they are better, or until they breath their last breath.

This is actually what I've said to my husband way back when this really got started. I knew it couldn't be contained. But then I also thought... well if we can just slow it down and they can come up with treatment or a vaccine... I dunno. It's just a bad bad situation any way you look at it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
I found the CDC MITIGATION PLAN.....

What is it, delay, lie, minimize, and provide false information about preventative measures so gov. can scoop up protective equipment/sanitation products before the general populous? Because that's what it's looked like so far

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
BELOW ARE the slides for the CDC MITIGATION PLAN:

Remember the current case fatality ratio as announced by the WHO for covid19 is 3.4% which is literally off the charts in regards to pandemic severity as defined by the CDC

Below is the source but loads directly in your browser:
www.cdc.gov...
edit on 3-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
removed for accuracy.
edit on 2020-03-03T14:45:03-06:0002America/Chicago03C-0600Mar-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Good grief - 118 cases in US now!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Going by latest news coming from all areas outside China, this virus definitely sounds/looks worse than we were told back in Jan early Feb.

Another 12 in UK today and they are spread about the Island.

The US looks like it's going to escalate like South Korea has

link   
abc13.com...

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Rice University has announced it will be canceling all university-sponsored international Spring Break trips and other official international student travel.

The announcement was made due to coronavirus concerns, as well as for the health and safety of the students and staff.

link   

China’s aggressive measures have slowed the coronavirus. They may not work in other countries

By Kai Kupferschmidt, Jon CohenMar. 2, 2020 , 4:50 PM

"Chinese hospitals overflowing with COVID-19 patients a few weeks ago now have empty beds. Trials of experimental drugs are having difficulty enrolling enough eligible patients. And the number of new cases reported each day has plummeted the past few weeks.

"These are some of the startling observations in a report released on 28 February from a mission organized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Chinese government that allowed 13 foreigners to join 12 Chinese scientists on a tour of five cities in China to study the state of the COVID-19 epidemic and the effectiveness of the country’s response. The findings surprised several of the visiting scientists. “I thought there was no way those numbers could be real,” says epidemiologist Tim Eckmanns of the Robert Koch Institute, who was part of the mission.

But the report is unequivocal. “China’s bold approach to contain the rapid spread of this new respiratory pathogen has changed the course of a rapidly escalating and deadly epidemic,” it says. “This decline in COVID-19 cases across China is real"

It goes on to say that we can't do the same things they did so... I'm not sure what that means for the rest of us.

www.sciencemag.org...

The best bet is honestly, let it spread and kill off the weak and face it head on. This way those who are not sick can still play a part in keeping businesses open and the economy moving forward, and those who are sick can step aside until they are better, or until they breath their last breath.

This is actually what I've said to my husband way back when this really got started. I knew it couldn't be contained. But then I also thought... well if we can just slow it down and they can come up with treatment or a vaccine... I dunno. It's just a bad bad situation any way you look at it.

Yep. I sound like I'm being harsh in my post, but I'm just being realistic. I don't want my parents to die from it, but I know they will die eventually. I don't want to die from it, but I will eventually. I don't want anyone around me to die from it, but they will all eventually die. I've been fortunate to come from a pretty healthy gene pool and have only lost family to old age, and we've been blessed to avoid the tornado, car crash, plane crash, selfie death stats.

But, perhaps, the longer that happens, the more the numbers are no longer in our favor.

Anyhow... since this is not Ebola with an 80% kill rate, I think it should be allowed to run its course and just realize, that when people get sick in the office, everyone will get sick at once, unlike with flu and cold, etc.

* Note: My grandma's brother was hit with polio. Both my grandmother and her brother are still alive. She is in her 90's, he is in his upper 80's.
edit on 3-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

3rd confirmed case in FL

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Sorry, but there is a difference between a reasonable control of the flow of information, and censorship.

Sorry, but no, there is not. You might want to look up the definition of "censorship".

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Two people being watched in Kansas City...

www.kmbc.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If there are, indeed, a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there, barring a huge number of these dying in the streets, that is a very good thing.

You can't be serious? Have you forgotten that those people are very likely infectious to others and could be passing on the infection to people who could have severe, even deadly, symptoms? That is insignificant to you?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here is our current global leaderboard...

And the US numbers by state.

www.nytimes.com...

Total cases. That red line is going to go north in a hurry!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My Dad stored all of theirs in 5 gallon buckets. After filling them with the rice/beans/whatever, he stuck a tube down to the bottom and filled them with nitrogen. This ensures no bugs. And as long as you are careful when opening it to get some out, the nitrogen - heavier than air - will remain in place.

Hmm, that is actually an excellent idea! But would CO2, perhaps in the form of dry ice, work too?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Does anyone know what the criteria are for setting the severity levels?

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join