It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

I will post as it should be saved for posterity:

The top official of the World Health Organization said Tuesday that the disease caused by the new coronavirus has killed about 3.4 percent of those diagnosed with the illness globally — higher than what has previously been estimated. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1 percent of those infected, said WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.

Earlier estimates had put the coronavirus death rate in a range of about 2 percent, but officials have been hamstrung by the difficulty in getting an accurate count of those who may have had mild illnesses and not sought treatment. Despite a total of 90,893 reported cases of covid-19 globally, including 3,110 deaths, containment is still possible — and necessary — to save lives, Tedros said.

The biggest impediment to doing so, he said, is “the severe and increasing disruption to the global supply of personal protective equipment — caused by rising demand, hoarding and misuse.” He called on governments and manufacturers to boost production and secure supplies for critically affected and at-risk countries.

FOR CONTEXT OF THE SIGNIFICANCE

This is posted on the CDC website:

How long until that image is removed from the CDC website ?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Far worse are the 42 people who are murdered at the hands of another person every single day in America.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Are parts of China still in lockdown? Not really hearing much about China now it's hit home. Just wondering if they're still using severe measures there as I know cases are falling there.

There were posts on here about March 1st they were going to put the tightest restrictions on info coming out. Somehow basically shutting down the internet? I'm not sure how that works but they have definitely stopped the info flow.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't think it is madness YET . I believe in a few weeks we look back and say 9 was nothing !! The cases and death are gonna rise quite a bit .

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Far worse are the 42 people who are murdered at the hands of another person every single day in America.

And that has what to do with Coronavirus ?

Silly people 🙄

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just heard and thought it was interesting

Macron says all production and future face masks shall be given only to health workers and those infected
www.france24.com...

So most likely soon you won't be able to purchase them (if you even can now) in France. I think this is quite telling. Although everyone is trying to play down the virus I do feel that they fear (or know more, most likely) what we have been thinking on this forum. I do agree that health workers should get priority as they are on the front lines, but find it concerning that they may not be available when we need them most. People aren't wearing them as standard now, but if numbers continue to climb then I think they will become more normal.

Also shocked at the latest Italian figures

BREAKING: Italy reports 466 new cases of coronavirus and 27 new deaths, raising total to 2,502 cases and 79 dead

twitter.com...
Especially because they are only reporting new cases WITH symptoms (this was changed a few days ago)

edit on 3-3-2020 by cirrus12 because: link

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

It's been at 3.4% for quite some time. I have been following stats from the COVID19info.live website.

Yes this is true but the WHO finally stated it. That's kind of significant since there has been a lot of talk about the rate being lower because the Wuhan numbers skew things. Looks like they don't think that anymore.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
It goes on to say that we can't do the same things they did so... I'm not sure what that means for the rest of us.

Like fun we can't. Turn the Puget Sound into an island NOW. Nobody out until this is stopped.

link   

It's been at 3.4% for quite some time. I have been following stats from the COVID19info.live website.

Yes this is true but the WHO finally stated it. That's kind of significant since there has been a lot of talk about the rate being lower because the Wuhan numbers skew things. Looks like they don't think that anymore.

Yeah and strange that Boris and co during that press conference claimed it was only 1% and stated probably less than that!
Total BS

link   

China’s aggressive measures have slowed the coronavirus. They may not work in other countries

By Kai Kupferschmidt, Jon CohenMar. 2, 2020 , 4:50 PM

"Chinese hospitals overflowing with COVID-19 patients a few weeks ago now have empty beds. Trials of experimental drugs are having difficulty enrolling enough eligible patients. And the number of new cases reported each day has plummeted the past few weeks.

"These are some of the startling observations in a report released on 28 February from a mission organized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Chinese government that allowed 13 foreigners to join 12 Chinese scientists on a tour of five cities in China to study the state of the COVID-19 epidemic and the effectiveness of the country’s response. The findings surprised several of the visiting scientists. “I thought there was no way those numbers could be real,” says epidemiologist Tim Eckmanns of the Robert Koch Institute, who was part of the mission.

But the report is unequivocal. “China’s bold approach to contain the rapid spread of this new respiratory pathogen has changed the course of a rapidly escalating and deadly epidemic,” it says. “This decline in COVID-19 cases across China is real"

It goes on to say that we can't do the same things they did so... I'm not sure what that means for the rest of us.

www.sciencemag.org...

The mass quarantine method was helpful for the rest of the world to prepare, perhaps even other areas of China to prepare, but is flawed.

WHY?

Because at some point, you have to end the quarantine. Once China ends it, to keep it from re-introducing itself, China must shut all the borders and cut off all incoming travelers. This might be China's end game plan, but for places like the United States, which have wide open orders, you could never stop it from entering the country. Plus, with so many roads, there are 800 exits to any given metro like Kansas City... and even if all 800 roads were blocked, you could simply drive around them, because in most areas, the land is flat.

The best bet is honestly, let it spread and kill off the weak and face it head on. This way those who are not sick can still play a part in keeping businesses open and the economy moving forward, and those who are sick can step aside until they are better, or until they breath their last breath.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

Silly people 🙄

Coronavirus is not even on the radar screen, compared to what kills Americans day after day.

22 people died last night due to tornadoes in Nashville Tennessee.
edit on 3/3/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Found this on the GD thread. Footage from an Iranian hospital.

I counted approximately 40 bodies. Irans "official" number of deaths stands at 77 on the Johns Hopkins site.

If this video is legit, I dread to think what the true number is....

link   

originally posted by: cirrus12

Yeah and strange that Boris and co during that press conference claimed it was only 1% and stated probably less than that!
Total BS

The amount of differing information just TODAY alone is really getting to me. This does NOT bode well. At all.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

Whether you are familiar with essential oils or not, the medicinal properties that many possess are well documented.

While I was out sourcing prep needs, I ran into a couple doing the same. I was grabbing aloe gel and alcohol to make my own hand sanitizer, and the told me about a blend called thieves oil.

Thieves oil, an essential oil blend composed of clove, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, lemon and rosemary oils, has anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties, making it a potent remedy for various ailments
One study published in the Journal of Essential Oil Research noted that aerosol-spraying thieves oil in enclosed spaces may help eliminate the transmission of bacterial pathogens like Staphylococcus aureus, Micrococcus luteus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa

After looking into it, supposedly it was used during the it has great properties as an antiviral, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, can be diffused to purify indoor air and eliminate airborne pathogens, and can provide protection against respiratory infections and inhibit some pneumonia. I think you could apply this to any kind of face mask and have a better chance than nothing. There is a huge amount of good info on the web.

It does kill stuff

Ingredients:

•10 drops rosemary essential oil

•15 drops eucalyptus essential oil

•20 drops cinnamon bark essential oil

•35 drops lemon essential oil

•40 drops clove bud essential oil

Procedure:

•Place all the oils in a dark glass container. Seal with the lid tightly and then shake vigorously to mix the oils well.

A 2007 study published in Phytotherapy Research noted that cinnamon and clove bud oil may have potential in inhibiting the growth of pathogens like Streptococcus pyogenes, pneumoniae, agalactiae and Klebsiella pneumonia, and may help treat respiratory infections in humans

link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: butcherguy

But I just wondered if they're still using extreme measures to beat this thing, as that might be the route we have to follow. I stopped following coronavirus updates for about 4 days and now I check and Italy has roughly 2000 infected with 80 deaths, that's a death rate of 4% which is quite bad.

I wonder how bad it can be if we don't take the same extreme measures as China. I just don't think western society would listen, unless they had a gun pointed in their face.

It would be nice to know what really transpired in China over the last few months, but we would probably be frightened out of our wits.

link   

Please post this as a new thread. You're right. We have a duty to warn others here and beyond. Thank you. The WHO pic has a time stamp. The CDC does not. They both need time and date stamps if possible...for posterity. Thanks again.

edit on 3-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

What is horrendous is your belief that Unions would solve the problem.

Unions don't solve problems, they create them, and make everything more expensive to boot.

You make it sound like it's my religion or something!
I'm not a big union person but in the healthcare profession I can see the benefit - especially in the UK where it is a nationalised system, unlike the USA. Worth using if you are a member IMO.

link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

Silly people 🙄

Coronavirus is not even on the radar screen, compared to what kills Americans day after day.

22 people died last night due to tornadoes in Nashville Tennessee.

... you say, at the beginning of an outbreak. We'll see in a couple of months. But again I imagine we could see 1.5k a day die, and someone will chime in with "Pft, heart disease kills 1.6k a day, this is nothing."

link   

originally posted by: lostsock

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Englands NHS have just declared LEVEL 4 Emergency... the highest level!

While this sounds serious, Im not even sure what this really means. I have no context of what a level 4 emergency could be. Do you have a link to share? Im not disputing you I am just trying to understand emergency levels.

Sorry, had other stuff to do but I heard it on skynews!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12

Total BS

The current philosophy is that the numbers are only showing the worst cases, not all cases. So there are probably a lot more people have have Corona, but are not counted in the numbers and they get over it and go on with life, unaccounted for number wise. Thus, the percent of deaths is actually much lower than the numbers show.

Of course, you could say that there are people dying who are not counted in the deaths (and perhaps got flagged as flu related - since many people are that never got tested for flu, but die from those symptoms are counted as a flu death), but the number of unaccounted for deaths is likely nowhere near the amount of unaccounted for infected.

China might be an exception to that thinking method... but people who are not doing good, land at a hospital and right now, in the USA, the system is not over-run with deaths.

Unless you count Nashville and they lost 22 people to a tornado. Dig your basement folks, a tornado is coming for you!

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join