It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My local surgery anncounced closure earlier this morning. They wouldn't say the reason but mentioned an outbreak. This is in the South West of the U.K.
They said outbreak but didn't mention if it was the Coronavirus or not. Sounds like it could be though. Sad times.
edit on Tue, 03 Mar 2020 13:31:07 -0600012032020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just got an email from the company I work for (global top 200) and all US based events/exhibits are canceled until further notice due to covid19

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sorry slightly off topic, but I do find it absolutely mental that Americans are having to pay to have tests done for the virus. It’s been mentioned by a few members on here and also by Dr John Campbell on his latest video.

This surely will mean a good chunk of Americans can’t afford, plus a load more who won’t for the financial cost.

So do our American members think the testing should be just made free?

Also Iv heard about paying for your own quarantine?!?!

I’m well aware social medical systems can’t test everyone as well, but looking at the testing rates by country, they seem to be testing far more than systems such as the US.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Funem because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The Washington Post
@washingtonpost
WHO estimates coronavirus death rate at 3.4 percent – higher than earlier estimates

Live updates: wapo.st...

twitter.com...

This news further annoys me after hearing the WHO talk this morning. There's a whole lot of mixed up info coming from people who are supposed to be giving us the truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

No government loves its people.

But they sure do love the tax revenue we earn for them. Which means it is in their best interests to keep us healthy and able to work. Otherwise when we all go kaput, so do they.

IMHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
As it stands the U.S. has 104 cases and 7 deaths, "officially". That's a pretty high death rate...much more than seasonal flu. Am I wrong?

Flu mortality in the US is between 0.1% and 0.2%. 7 out of 104 is 0.6% mortality, so Covid-19 is between 5 and 6 times as serious.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
These calculations put WA case count at almost 600 if true

Cryptic transmission of novel coronavirus revealed by genomic epidemiology

bedford.io...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Funem

What tests?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Your mom was right. I just don't think she meant buying it when things get started as in that case you would need it.

So you buy it when you can, when there is no reason as yet to actually buy it. Buying it now, it's good that you have it but just a little too late.

I definitely need to say that for old schoolers it is much more easy to prepare as we did not get raised with home deliveries and next days supplies. It was normal to have a stock at home. Last decades that shifted. True it is so easy nowadays (well few weeks back) that most seem to ignore the usefulness of having stocks at home.

Whatever the outcome might be I'll be ok with it. For many people's sake I hope it blows over and this is a lesson they use to be prepared.

Don't ignore & don't incite

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

As it stands the U.S. has 104 cases and 7 deaths, "officially". That's a pretty high death rate...much more than seasonal flu. Am I wrong?

You can't compare it with the flu.

Apparently it's NOT okay to compare Corona with the flu, when the numbers are lower, but it IS OKAY to compare with Corona when the numbers are higher than the flu.

It's all in the numbers in how you look at it.

The thing is... the FLU numbers generated by the CDC are mathematically formulas because they don't the REAL number of FLU deaths is not very high. So they inflate the numbers so people will get vaccines. This happened in like 2004 when they changed how they would report numbers.

It's all bogus.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Flu mortality in the US is between 0.1% and 0.2%. 7 out of 104 is 0.6% mortality, so Covid-19 is between 5 and 6 times as serious.

50 to 60 times using those numbers. 5 times 0.1 is 0.5

link   
Math error... and I'm an engineer.

edit on 3-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I am very surprised to see the MOD'S taking the thread off course talking about stock markets! Thought this thread was for updates on coronavirus only??

And should be for coronavirus updates only!!

I am OK with it. It's all part of the equation we are building concerning how we are being updated about the state of the world concerning the effects from this contagion. There are a lot of variables we need to consider. The stock market certainly is one of those variables.

IMHO.

link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Almost thought it said cryptid transmission, and I was gonna be like “Damn you Bigfoot, we never see you and still you infect us with your stealth virus!” Is in WA after all

Gin

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Oh boy. This doesn't look good for Spain.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12

50 to 60 times using those numbers. 5 times 0.1 is 0.5

Actually, you're correct. I botched that calculation.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Funem
Sorry slightly off topic, but I do find it absolutely mental that Americans are having to pay to have tests done for the virus. It’s been mentioned by a few members on here and also by Dr John Campbell on his latest video.

This surely will mean a good chunk of Americans can’t afford, plus a load more who won’t for the financial cost.

So do our American members think the testing should be just made free?

Also Iv heard about paying for your own quarantine?!?!

I’m well aware social medical systems can’t test everyone as well, but looking at the testing rates by country, they seem to be testing far more than systems such as the US.

Yes I think the test should be free in the interests of public health. If getting tested results in a medical bill of thousands of dollars per person then everyone in the US is incentivized to NOT get tested and continue spreading it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be 6.7%? Not 0.6%

edit on b000000312020-03-03T13:42:20-06:0001America/ChicagoTue, 03 Mar 2020 13:42:20 -0600100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Mamana12

There is one thing what is different in COVID19 from normal flu. In Covid 19 there is no runny nose ( very few has that ) or sneezing. You should get tested !

Now I'm facing the dilemma that many people here in the US are about to face. As of right now everyone in the family is ok and isn't sick enough to need a doctor and we are all fairly young and healthy with no underlying issues. From what I heard the test is going to result in an insurance bill of thousands of dollars per person. I'm happy to self isolate the family just in case to avoid passing whatever this is on to other people however I'm not in a financial position to incur an enormous medical bill just to find out for sure. Given where we live and the fact that the population here is mostly Asian, I'm assuming this is already out in the wild here and its pointless to try and avoid getting it. In the last few weeks alone I've had contact with many people who have travelled from China and Iran. The only way I see us getting tested is if one of us gets worse, or, more likely if my sons girlfriend gets tested by her Mom (nurse) and is confirmed to have it. Until then, we have enough supplies to stay home for months, in large part due to the info from this forum so thank you to everyone sharing info!

Stay safe and keep us updated.
Best,

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nothing to see here... keep moving.
edit on 3-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join