It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Englands NHS have just declared LEVEL 4 Emergency... the highest level!

While this sounds serious, Im not even sure what this really means. I have no context of what a level 4 emergency could be. Do you have a link to share? Im not disputing you I am just trying to understand emergency levels.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: celltypespecific
a reply to: liejunkie01

Fauci urged the public not to compare the coronavirus to the seasonal flu — because the impact of the new bug can be far worse.

Excelllent...why aren't more officials repeating this....

Because they want people to compare it to the flu. It makes you fell better knowing the flu's numbers are worse. Therefore quelling anymore panic than already has set in.

If everybody is calm, then everybody goes to work and pays their taxes. If everybody is panicking then chaos ensues.

Just my opinion of course, but I believe this to be true.

going to have to change your username to "truthjunkie01" lol

Thats is awesome...

Lol.

That statement made my day, thank you.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

What a scary video. I've been reading tweets and seeing other videos on Iran for the past week and it's practically Wuhan 2.0.

I posted on here about an official pleading with parliament to release the real numbers and tell the truth. Iran is suspected of having a much higher death count.

Everyone is freaking over Italy's numbers but it's Iran we need to watch.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

There is one thing what is different in COVID19 from normal flu. In Covid 19 there is no runny nose ( very few has that ) or sneezing. You should get tested !

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anyone watch Lou Dobbs last night? He had HHS Secretary Alex Azar on and lit into him about not calling it a pandemic. Dobbs knows it's a pandemic:

www.mediaite.com...

I definitely don't trust Azar after this...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Pandemic.news has coronavirus in the U.S. numbers and by state also.

pandemic.news...

Plus the # of self quarantined. That's a big number! Thanks for the link

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Now over 150 cases in Spain. 120 as of yesterday. Running at 30-40 a day at the moment.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock

While this sounds serious, Im not even sure what this really means. I have no context of what a level 4 emergency could be. Do you have a link to share? Im not disputing you I am just trying to understand emergency levels.

It’s absolutely true. Apparently it is the highest level emergency the NHS can call, but I too have no frame of reference so I am also at a bit of a loss. It would help if we could see what kinds of thing lead to a level 1, 2 or 3 emergency NHS wide. That might give us a clue as to how serious they are taking this - which appears to pretty darn serious.

Seems like the extra confirmed cases in the UK today ALL travelled back from infected areas, such as Italy, Iran, South Korea etc. If this is the case the. That tells me quite clearly that this thing is way wider spread throughout each country than testing and official numbers would suggest.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Found this on the GD thread. Footage from an Iranian hospital.

Damn......That sure was a lot of old people with pre-existing conditions.....

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As it stands the U.S. has 104 cases and 7 deaths, "officially". That's a pretty high death rate...much more than seasonal flu. Am I wrong?
edit on 3-3-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
As it stands the U.S. has 104 cases and 7 deaths, "officially". That's a pretty high death rate...much more than seasonal flu. Am I wrong?

108 if you count the presumptives too

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Got a text from my son at school a couple of hours ago.

One of his friends is out sick. The teachers told them it was presumed to be the flu, but he would not be back for a "while". Whatever that means.

If it is, so much for all the preparing I have done. LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

There is one thing what is different in COVID19 from normal flu. In Covid 19 there is no runny nose ( very few has that ) or sneezing. You should get tested !

Now I'm facing the dilemma that many people here in the US are about to face. As of right now everyone in the family is ok and isn't sick enough to need a doctor and we are all fairly young and healthy with no underlying issues. From what I heard the test is going to result in an insurance bill of thousands of dollars per person. I'm happy to self isolate the family just in case to avoid passing whatever this is on to other people however I'm not in a financial position to incur an enormous medical bill just to find out for sure. Given where we live and the fact that the population here is mostly Asian, I'm assuming this is already out in the wild here and its pointless to try and avoid getting it. In the last few weeks alone I've had contact with many people who have travelled from China and Iran. The only way I see us getting tested is if one of us gets worse, or, more likely if my sons girlfriend gets tested by her Mom (nurse) and is confirmed to have it. Until then, we have enough supplies to stay home for months, in large part due to the info from this forum so thank you to everyone sharing info!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: lostsock

It’s absolutely true. Apparently it is the highest level emergency the NHS can call, but I too have no frame of reference so I am also at a bit of a loss. It would help if we could see what kinds of thing lead to a level 1, 2 or 3 emergency NHS wide. That might give us a clue as to how serious they are taking this - which appears to pretty darn serious.

Seems like the extra confirmed cases in the UK today ALL travelled back from infected areas, such as Italy, Iran, South Korea etc. If this is the case the. That tells me quite clearly that this thing is way wider spread throughout each country than testing and official numbers would suggest.

www.express.co.uk...

A level four emergency is defined as when "pressure in the local health and social care system continues to escalate leaving organisations unable to deliver comprehensive care.

"There is increased potential for patient care and safety to be compromised."

The NHS says the emergency level also means "national action" may be needed"

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Some members were asking.

A level four emergency is defined as when "pressure in the local health and social care system continues to escalate leaving organisations unable to deliver comprehensive care.

There is increased potential for patient care and safety to be compromised.

The NHS says the emergency level also means "national action" may be needed.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: Dumbass

Fear is a natural reaction to a possibly life threatening situation, it's called survival instincts. Some don't seem to have them.

And, it has probably saved millions upon millions of humans lives throughout human history.

It’s pointless to argue about this event. After two months of this world outbreak we have some facts , and we all have many unanswered questions. People just have to look at what we do know and react how they see is a fit reaction for them and their family.

It has both saved millions of lives as well as killed millions of lives. That is the fun fact about fear.

Ignorance is just as bad as inciting fear imo. Both sides are known to circle jerk and give each other a pat on the back.

Always doubt the information presented in an event, be realistic and do not let you guide too much in what you might consider a save haven just because you doubt the other side. All sides have agenda's, the ones downplaying it for whatever reason and the ones that are mongering.

Just be realistic.

Concerning preparation, something my mom told me many years ago (she has passed on now), I think bears considering.

"Better to have it an not need it, than need it and not have it."

Wise decisions don't always reflect a fear response. They could just be the result of good solid common sense when faced with having to make important decisions.

link   

Oh gosh... I was just talking to my daughter about testing because my husband has been in King County for 6 days and out and about in Ubers and restaurants and at a large conference. So I'm a tad worried he's gonna bring it home with him. I was just saying at the first sign of something we should get tested but this is a very good point. $$$. We have good insurance but what are they going to cover? I"m not sure. I'm hoping none of you get any sicker! Fingers crossed for you!

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

It is a seemingly high death rate in part because they aren't testing a lot of people. For the longest time they were only testing people who were known to be in contact with a confirmed case, or who had traveled to mainland China.

But that can go both ways because that also suggests there are many more confirmed cases in US than being reported...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: Oleman

But I do not fear death.

Neither do I. But I can't see any reason to take the express lane to get there.

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join