It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection from an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany

www.nejm.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Cant believe what I just read...

Police are called to dock in Hull after 11 people are found inside shipping container with three taken to hospital for treatment

People still being smuggled into Britain whilst this virus is rampant!

Just cant believe people are so stupid!

Eleven people have been found in a container at a dock in Hull, according to Humberside Police.
Border officials and emergency services were rushed out to King George Dock this afternoon following the discovery.
Yorkshire Ambulance Service said three people were 'in need of medical treatment' and have been taken to hospital.
Associated British Ports said that it was assisting Border Force and police with the incident.

Doesn't say what nationality they are or where they came from?.?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi everybody. Long time lurker to these threads, first time poster. I've enjoyed the anecdotes posted by others around the world about what has been happening in their neck of the woods, and now I feel I have a few anecdotes to contribute.

I am in Central Texas, USA

We've always been somewhat stocked for an emergency, and did some "apocalypse shopping" a few weeks ago to top off supplies and get more pandemic-specific items like disinfectants, soaps, TP, paper towels, Gatorade powder, and meds. At the Sam's Club a few weeks ago, we didn't notice anything unusual. Last week, I wanted to do a little more topping off and for the most part, things were normal. We did notice a few people loading in pallets-full of bottled water into their cars. Last Friday at a local HEB (the main grocery store in Texas), I wanted to get some more kidney beans, but the shelf was cleaned out. Over the weekend, HEB began limiting the quantity of disinfecting products to 4 per person. There was a notice about this on their website, but now it's gone, so perhaps stocks have adjusted.

Yesterday we again went to Sam's Club to pick up a few more things just to "make sure" (mostly canned meat, pet food, coffee, and honey) and *everyone* had piles of things like disinfecting wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, bleach, and water in their carts. They had pallets of these items out in the aisles ready for people to grab. One of the employees stocking the cleaning product area was swamped with people asking about where various cleaning supplies were. I also saw that the cans of vienna sausage and spam were a little low, and witnessed one woman load up her cart with 3 cases of vienna sausage and 2 cases of spam.

We then went to Home Depot and bought 7 cases of pool shock (which is essentially bleach). No problems with stock there. I am guessing people haven't yet figured out that pool shock will work when you can't buy bleach.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Kuroneko because: Fix grammar

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
PLEASE reflect on....think about the below statement.

This is why they are telling you that mask don't work.... please be critical thinkers...OF COURSE MASKS are effective!!!

twitter.com...

From the NY Times article:

CLAIM: Surgical masks protect against the new coronavirus.

THE FACTS: Medical masks alone cannot protect against being infected with the new coronavirus. WHO advised that the masks should be worn by those showing symptoms of coughing and difficulty breathing, so they don't spread disease to others. There is no evidence that masks protect people who are not sick.

www.nytimes.com...

So much BS and fear mongering about the virus.

(post by Beltalowda removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection from an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany

www.nejm.org...

THANK YOU! This is even more concerning that the WHO is giving out completely false information. I know they get talked about in a bad light here but generally I never saw them as a bad organization. Today changed my mind. The flu is NOT more contagious and it CAN be transmitted before symptoms start. Honestly, that has me even more worried.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

Not sure where in Ontario the 2 new cases are. Will update when it's disclosed.

globalnews.ca...

I note CBC also doesn’t mention where they are located. I wonder if they will or if they are now starting to limit information.

One is linked to travel in Iran and one linked to travel in Egypt.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

This is possibly a bit old now... if not updated last 30 mins or so.. but look at the spread of this thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
2nd positive case being reported in Arizona

Here’s the AZ department of health covid19 dashboard

www.azdhs.gov...-coronavirus-home[/quote

Hey I don't see the second case in Arizona. Can some one give me a link or source.
Thanks

edit on 3-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
2nd positive case being reported in Arizona

Here’s the AZ department of health covid19 dashboard

www.azdhs.gov...-coronavirus-home[/quote

Hey I don't see the second case in Arizona. Can some one give me a link or source.
Thanks

Check Arizona local news sites. They are reporting it. It is listed on that health dept dashboard as presumed positive

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

www.google.com... -a79a2169-0d0c-40d8-91e4-227da42a28fa

link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Okay well Vroomfondel confirmed what I have been reading.

He provided totally unsubstantiated claims. No matter how many of those you put together, they remain ... unsubstantiated claims.

I would love to see some real, medical evidence that this is happening, as it would be very important for everyone to know.

Can you provide that?

link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

THANKS!

www.12news.com... 91e4-227da42a28fa

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

and it CAN be transmitted before symptoms start. Honestly, that has me even more worried.

Ummm... if you read what I read, it was not definitive.

But definitely of concern, and they really, really need to nail this aspect down.

So, ok, I'm all in on going from 'unsubstantiated' to 'possibly'.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Okay well Vroomfondel confirmed what I have been reading.

He provided totally unsubstantiated claims. No matter how many of those you put together, they remain ... unsubstantiated claims.

I would love to see some real, medical evidence that this is happening, as it would be very important for everyone to know.

Can you provide that?

I did provide a link of the China case which you said was irrelavant

Someone else provided a link to a case in Germany which looks like solid evidence. Plus the fact that the WHO person didn't actually answer the question when a reporter asked about it.

Germany case
www.nejm.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join