It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

i am all for making real information available about this pandemic. however, material such as the article you provided as well as its "academic" source are an embarrassment and are only slightly veiled click-bait.

i wouldn't expect you to know this, and so i don't blame you. but this is a strong caution for everyone to follow up on the research links. i have provided the article's research at the following link and it is obvious to even a layman that it is illegitimate.

link to the way-back-machine is misbehaving. please just follow up onyyour own. here: scientist-says-covid-19-is-man-made-and-was- released-from-wuhan-lab/

londonlovesbusiness is officially on the "do not trust" list.
edit on 2020-03-03T07:33:59-06:0007America/Chicago03C-0600Mar-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: SpartanStoic

WHO has not been allowed in Wuhan

I think it was the CDC that was not allowed into Wuhan (or maybe they weren't allowed in Mainland China at all?)
I could be wrong

The CDC and American WHO members were not allowed to enter mainland China; and absolutely nobody (as far as I know), not even WHO, is allowed into Wuhan.

WHO's Report says they were in Wuhan

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
China Doctors Seek Tougher Discharge Criteria After Positive Coronavirus Tests

...Zhang said she and some fellow doctors recently decided to delay the discharge of 18 patients even though they had met the two-test requirement. Thirteen of them came up positive for the coronavirus when tested again, she said.

"It's more reliable to discharge patients after having three negative test results in a row," Zhang said in a social media post.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

American members of the WHO were not allowed in Wuhan.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

China is now quarantining travelers from "Hot Spot Nations" to prevent a second round...

BBC

Chinese Living Overseas Urged to Stay Put

That should speak volumes to most, but will fall on deaf ears. So many in this thread wanted to derail and politicize this virus, "What say you now!

"Travel Bans", "Xenophobic Behavior", "Trump Bad"..c'mon get off that one nerve & jumping on it like a trampoline, read! and take the blinders off (even for just one day) ....

This does affect the stock markets of the world, food, oil, industrial etal. supply chains and such is worth mentioning. E.g. Two pages on the price of rice in whatever state in the US...really?

Great replies and information from members throughout...yet a reply to a well thought out posting is "and how many died?". 4 months into a Novel, now named SARS-CoVID-2, and from a perch screech such nonsense as a "nothing burger"'...

done

mg

Here is a good resource link to start, basic, but outsourced a great deal and one can go from there:

Covid19infolive

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp
a reply to: GlobalGold

American members of the WHO were not allowed in Wuhan.

From their schedule in their Report:

Feb 22 (Wuhan Team) Guangzhou to
Wuhan
Select team members only

23 February
(Wuhan Team)
- Site visit to Guanggu Campus of Wuhan Tongji Hospital
- Site visit to Mobile Cabin Hospital in Wuhan Sports Center

* Right "American" members werent allowed, but WHO had members there
edit on 3-3-2020 by GlobalGold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Leighthall

I’d add that there is no independent confirmation that this virus is what is affecting Wuhan.

WHO has not been allowed in Wuhan. And CCP has not turned over any animal samples from the supposed meat market where it started.

What if a bio weapon was released in Wuhan and then the virus was released to cover it up? Plausible based on the videos out of Wuhan before the internet was very strictly monitored.

Did you not read the Who China Joint Mission on COVID-19 Final Report? Myself & others have posted link to the 40 page report - WHO has been to Wuhan

And several media articles about them being there. Here is one:

www.scmp.com...

But it seems the discussion has been clarified to mean US members of the WHO team were not allowed in. Interesting.
edit on 3-3-2020 by NxNWest because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Leighthall
a reply to: Kenzo

My problem with that is look at Wuhan.

It has ~72% of the total cases in world at the moment (and 90% of the deaths).

It got like that before China slammed quarantine on the city and locked down half their population.

Once they put those measures in place, it has "seemed" (actual result to be determined) to have a massive impact in containing the virus.

Other countries the same thing - they are on heightened alert and at least attempting to quarantine cases and contacts as they come up.

I think Iran will be the benchmark - with their apparent lack of respect for the virus and determination not to quarantine, we'll see if it becomes the next Wuhan.

I guess you need to compare apples to apples - if everywhere was like Wuhan, would supplying the appropriate healthcare be cheaper than trying to contain the virus or would containment be quicker, more effective and cheaper in the long run?

Of course there's every chance that what happened in Wuhan is not what we are seeing everywhere else.

If i were a chineese in wuhan with a mild case, i would not report to authorities. So maybe death rate is lower because a lot of people are not accounted for.

I know it’s the third time i talk about that, but on the diamond princess, they tested everybody and got around 700 cases and 6 death, 0.7%....

Korea having 28 death over 4800 cases.... Cnn, this is 0.6% ....

It’s a constant

Italy is at 2.8% .... but we got a lot of travellers from italy who got it. So it’s lower than 2.8%
edit on 3-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Karyotype
Source

Tested negative 8 times!
A 56-year-old woman in SW China's Sichuan Province was confirmed with novel coronavirus infection Monday. She tested negative eight times in nucleic acid diagnosis.

So, in cases like this - how do we know she didn't get it right before she tested positive? Meaning, maybe she was virus free when she tested those other time,s then got infected and the next test showed it?

I don't trust anything coming out of China, so I'll just chalk this up to anecdotal information.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Double post, sorry
edit on 3-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
Well, stop and think for a moment. Can't this possibly mean that there are some people making decisions that just might know more about this coronavirus than nearly all of us do? The only thing that makes sense is that the decisions made have been desperate decisions. Otherwise they are just senseless decisions.

I haven'
t seen any desperate. senseless decision made here in the USA. China? Absolutely, and there are huge questions there (we've already hashed out the possibilities of an escaped bio-weapon or botched vaccine effort, or just plain nasty CCP effort to purge dissidents under cover of a nasty virus)...

Time will tell, I guess.

Yep - which is why we should focus on what we do know, which is, it is concerning, especially wrt the elderly and anyone with a compromised immune system. Additionally, I'd add these are all people should already be concerned about the Flu, and other bugs out there that can also be quite nasty for them.

Thankfully this virus doesn't appear to be a danger to children under 10 (zero deaths, and I haven't even heard of any getting sick), or most people who are in good health.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 92,138 confirmed cases worldwide, including 3,134 fatalities.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
UK now at 51 confirmed, up from 39 yesterday (was 40 but one was a false test)

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Why else would all publicly released information need to be filtered through pence in the Whitehouse, they are telling us what they think we need to know, it doesn't fill me with confidence.

Yeah, I agree, we should just let every Tom Dick and Harry who works somewhere to start making press releases and telling us the sky is falling.

Good idea.

Sorry, but there is a difference between a reasonable control of the flow of information, and censorship.

So - has anyone heard of any actual cases of censorship that aren't fake news (like the fake story of Dr. Fauci being 'muzzled')?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There are now confirmed infected in 77 countries and the "official" death rate is 3.4%
thewuhanvirus.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Kroger limits sanitation, cold and flu products amid coronavirus fears:

www.newsbreak.com...

Like I said yesterday, I stopped off at a Kroger store on my way home from work and saw many people buying toilet paper and water. I didn't mention the bleach shelf being almost empty, as that is commonly reported.

At Walmart I saw the generic-brand flu and cold medicine shelves practically empty. The expensive brands were still there, however.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
Without going much further into it, my personal contacts from Kirkland, Wa and my own experience at work today indicate there are certainly cases yet unreported, or not being reported at all.

I'd just like to point something obvious (to me at least) out...

If there are, indeed, a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there, barring a huge number of these dying in the streets, that is a very good thing.

That means the number of people who get infected have either no or minor symptoms to the point they don't even feel the need to go somewhere for help/to get tested - which means the risk of death or serious illness is far lower than the already low levels (except for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems) is currently being reported.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
51 today, 75 tomorrow, 100 on Thursday, 150 on Friday, 500 by Monday - then the deaths will start.

Watch Italy today, it's going to make your eyes water.

2345 and 75

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
A few pages back I think a few people were wondering who/how old the latest person was that died in Washington
He was in his 40s apparently at the Evergreen Health in Kirkland.
twitter.com...

Don't see it... The youngest I see from there who dies was a man in his fifty's with underlying health conditions.

So, it is starting to appear that the underlying health conditions may be more of a factor than age, it is just that the older people get, the more underlying health conditions they tend to have.

Great time to start a healthy Keto/Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle - no matter what your age!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
A change of pace when watching Sky news - they had an interactive map with stats from China and the WHO on the rate of infection - much higher than the flu.

On this point -

Maybe someone with some knowledge of viruses and how they work can answer this...

Does the simple fact thyat this is a novel (new) Corona virus automatically mean it will be have a higher rate of infection than it will after it gets established as a regular seasonal virus we have to contend with, after which rates of infection will go down to something less?

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join