It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Lr103
Without going much further into it, my personal contacts from Kirkland, Wa and my own experience at work today indicate there are certainly cases yet unreported, or not being reported at all.

I'd just like to point something obvious (to me at least) out...

If there are, indeed, a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there, barring a huge number of these dying in the streets, that is a very good thing.

That means the number of people who get infected have either no or minor symptoms to the point they don't even feel the need to go somewhere for help/to get tested - which means the risk of death or serious illness is far lower than the already low levels (except for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems) is currently being reported.

the bigger concern, is that you never lose the virus.
there's no cure, recovery doesnt mean it goes away

there's lots of reports coming out of recovered people becoming reinfected.
china also ordered all recovered people return to quarantine.

It was discussed the other day that you could potentially need to be on antivirals until a vaccine is found, because the virus keeps coming back.

Also, I read earlier that 1 in 10 people who get it need hospitalisation. which means breathing assistance, drugs and being surrounded by other sick people. You're not there for days, but weeks.

Hospitals cannot cope with large numbers of people, needing around the clock medical care for weeks at a time.

China is the only country we've seen this in, which is why they built emergency hospitals.

If South Korea, Iran or Italy get to those levels then it could get really bad.. because atleast China was isolated quickly.. Europe wasnt
edit on 3/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
Without going much further into it, my personal contacts from Kirkland, Wa and my own experience at work today indicate there are certainly cases yet unreported, or not being reported at all.

I'd just like to point something obvious (to me at least) out...

If there are, indeed, a lot of unreported/untested/unconfirmed cases out there, barring a huge number of these dying in the streets, that is a very good thing.

That means the number of people who get infected have either no or minor symptoms to the point they don't even feel the need to go somewhere for help/to get tested - which means the risk of death or serious illness is far lower than the already low levels (except for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems) is currently being reported.

I somewhat agree here, only thing that still concerns me, is that since people can spread the virus for weeks, many infected increases the chances that the more at risk population gets infected too. I'd rather my elderly friends only have to worry about encountering 1 or 2 that's infected, instead of hundreds in the community

* and although I don't consider myself "elderly", I am in the over 60 bunch myself
edit on 3-3-2020 by GlobalGold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
Looks like numbers are now increasing daily. It will be interesting to see how the warmer weather affects the virus if at all

As expected. It isn't going to magically disappear.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I agree with what you say. I have paid attention to the numbers, who reports on the numbers, and who depends on the funding to allow the ability to report on the numbers.

I feel like this can, could have went many directions. It still is far from over and the implications of this virus will take years to totally understand.

I can tell you that here in this "calm period", as I like to call it, I do feel a little more relaxed about the situation. This could also be because I took precautions to help insure my families security and food needs for a little while.

While some say I am crazy and some say I over reacted, I take comfort in the idea that I am more prepared now for anything that can happen, than I was before this whole thing started. After all it is storm season and preparedness is very helpful during this time.

I have been following from the beginning and will still continue to follow this event.

While in this calm period can take the time to focus on pressing things around the household. I hope it continues to stay calm.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: anonentity
It's China, I sincerely could care less what they do where their workforce is concerned.

Agreed - as long as we are doing everything possible to bring as much of our production - especially of anything critical - home asap. That is the biggest silver lining of this thing I think, it will light a fire to get this done asap, causing an even bigger surge in new manufacturing jobs here.

One law (or could Trump do this via regulation?) that I would love to see implemented...

Any US based company that wants to utilize non US based manufacturing is (should be) subject to the exact same tax, labor, health, environmental and safety regulations on their overseas factories as they are for US based facilities.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
That is just horrendous.
I'd actually insist on management insisting on appropriate PPE and consider contacting a union (if you are not a member I would join asap) for advice. Bloody shocking. It shows again how there are no clear guidelines or measures filtered down to hospitals and community medical centres.

What is horrendous is your belief that Unions would solve the problem.

Unions don't solve problems, they create them, and make everything more expensive to boot.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Since so many are stocking rice:
I have been storing rice for decades, have never had bugs or any other problem.

I vacuum seal 12"x12" bags, exactly enough to fill our rice jar. (kills any bugs or eggs?)

My Dad stored all of theirs in 5 gallon buckets. After filling them with the rice/beans/whatever, he stuck a tube down to the bottom and filled them with nitrogen. This ensures no bugs. And as long as you are careful when opening it to get some out, the nitrogen - heavier than air - will remain in place.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: missed_gear

I agree with what you say. I have paid attention to the numbers, who reports on the numbers, and who depends on the funding to allow the ability to report on the numbers.

I feel like this can, could have went many directions. It still is far from over and the implications of this virus will take years to totally understand.

I can tell you that here in this "calm period", as I like to call it, I do feel a little more relaxed about the situation. This could also be because I took precautions to help insure my families security and food needs for a little while.

While some say I am crazy and some say I over reacted, I take comfort in the idea that I am more prepared now for anything that can happen, than I was before this whole thing started. After all it is storm season and preparedness is very helpful during this time.

I have been following from the beginning and will still continue to follow this event.

While in this calm period can take the time to focus on pressing things around the household. I hope it continues to stay calm.

A lot of us here do not think you are crazy, or over reacting. You are prepared.

I have heard the same thing, you just have to let it go and carry on with what you think is best for you and your family.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leighthall
I kind of feel like the CCP doesn't give a # about how many Uighers die getting the factories running again - "as long as we catch up, we can sterilise the place and move our workers back in".

I agree with who gives a # about the CCP, but we need to have some conscience about the people they oppress.

Well, I agree to a point, but this is something the Chinese people will have to deal with. All we can do is try to help if/when possible, without doing something that starts WWIII.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Any US based company that wants to utilize non US based manufacturing is (should be) subject to the exact same tax, labor, health, environmental and safety regulations on their overseas factories as they are for US based facilities.

While that would be great (for workers in other countries), that would never happen. It would essentially end all supply chains reliant on overseas goods, which is not realistic. If U.S. based companies were not so greedy, perhaps the U.S. could be self sufficient, but I don't see that happening either.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
the bigger concern, is that you never lose the virus.
there's no cure, recovery doesnt mean it goes away[/quote
There is absolutely no proof of this. Is it possible? I don't even know, but I highly doubt it - at least not in the way you are describing.

there's lots of reports coming out of recovered people becoming reinfected.

You do know that people who recover from a cold (another Corona Virus) can catch it again, right?

china also ordered all recovered people return to quarantine.

China is a different case. We really have no clue what is going on, but I virtually guarantee you (yes, this is just my opinion), they are engaging in massive purging of dissidents, and that is something they will absolutely want to cover up.

Also, I read earlier that 1 in 10 people who get it need hospitalisation.

I've read lots of things, and most turn out to be either outright false, or badly skewed. So... link?

[quotye]which means breathing assistance, drugs and being surrounded by other sick people. You're not there for days, but weeks.

And from what I've read, the risk only gets that high with high risk people - elderly and immune/health compromised, and only a certain percentage of those will require the extreme treatment for weeks.

That said, you could be right - but I sure hope I'm right and you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Leighthall

Yeeh , it has seemed like Chinas actions has helped, but quite many still die in Hubei in 1 Week period even with quarantines or lockdowns.

Another problem is that the test dont seem so accurate, they should develope good antibody test or something fast...i read Singapore allready did that , but i have not followed how accurate their test is.

And we dont know what really even happened in Hubei, many theorys seen here ..

Well i just dont know for sure can the quarantines or lockdowns anymore contain it....there was speculation that it was allready in Italy Weeks before the outbreak started there.....

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
I somewhat agree here, only thing that still concerns me, is that since people can spread the virus for weeks, many infected increases the chances that the more at risk population gets infected too. I'd rather my elderly friends only have to worry about encountering 1 or 2 that's infected, instead of hundreds in the community

I agree completely, but, the question is, how far are we prepared to go to minimize the risk?

Do we lockdown entire towns and cities, creating even more panic and hardship for everyone, and doing major damage to our economy?

It makes far more sense to define protocols/procedures that the at risk community can follow, especially those in confined situations (assisted living/nursing homes, etc), ask their loved ones to help out, and just do everything we can do to minimize their risk of getting it. But again, from what I've read, pretty much everyone is likely to be exposed to this thing, sooner or later.

* and although I don't consider myself "elderly", I am in the over 60 bunch myself

Well. I turn 59 in a few days too, so I'm right there with you. But healthy otherwise at least.
edit on 3-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

But again, from what I've read, pretty much everyone is likely to be exposed to this thing, sooner or later.

Unfortunately that's pretty much it, like it or not

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Another case in New York, and it's not the husband of NY case #1. This one's from Westchester County, New York, and works in Manhattan

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: flatsmart
Masks work. Having lived in China for more than a decade I can safely say the CCP wouldn’t be arresting people on the street for not having a mask if they didn’t work.

Agreed, but not for what most people think - they work to keep the wearer from spreading anything far better than keeping the wearer safe from being exposed, and this is why the CCP is enforcing it. Not for the protection of the wearer, but for the protection of everyone else.

I watched something about how complicated it is to get the active filtered masks (N95 like) to seal properly to provide protection from external exposure, and the reality is, most people won't get it right.
edit on 3-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Auramancer
Just watched the video by the Singapore's Prime Minister.. such a world of difference from what we got in the U.S.

Clear, consise and reassuring. Bravo. We better start taking our leadership to task over here.

Or you could just move to Singapore if you like his style of communication better.

I'm fine with our leadership's efforts.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Spain's Health Ministry has set up 5 rules in order to keep sanitary staff from being overworked, basically just reduce the amount of attention the current patients get, in order to ensure that we do not "lose" medics and assets due to stress and overreacting to the first cases.

www.redaccionmedica.com...

At least it does seem like they're aware that the virus is indeed the most deadly if the medical infrastructure is overworked and want to stop it fro happening by lessening their actuation at the beginning.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My partner (1st grade teacher) received a letter from their superintendent about CV and staying sanitized, stay home if you're sick, etc. This is in a pretty rural town in New England. Safe to say most communities are somewhat aware of the threat and having conversations about it which is good at least..

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
OOh I've just been told by my spirit guides to watch out for something like:

2345 67

Obviously it's difficult to interpret etc, but those numbers or ones very close to them (depends on the time they happen vs totals when released as to how accurate they are) are significant.

On a side note I do have some other ethereal information.

Will save for later.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join