It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: Dumbass

Fear is a natural reaction to a possibly life threatening situation, it's called survival instincts. Some don't seem to have them.

And, it has probably saved millions upon millions of humans lives throughout human history.

It’s pointless to argue about this event. After two months of this world outbreak we have some facts , and we all have many unanswered questions. People just have to look at what we do know and react how they see is a fit reaction for them and their family.

It has both saved millions of lives as well as killed millions of lives. That is the fun fact about fear.

Ignorance is just as bad as inciting fear imo. Both sides are known to circle jerk and give each other a pat on the back.

Always doubt the information presented in an event, be realistic and do not let you guide too much in what you might consider a save haven just because you doubt the other side. All sides have agenda's, the ones downplaying it for whatever reason and the ones that are mongering.

Just be realistic.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Dumbass because: Typos

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
I am sorry folks, DumbAss and 1point92au were right all along, and we have all been duped into buying a year's worth of SpaghettiOs's for naught. We might as well shut down all the CoronaVirus threads now. Please accept my apologies, DumbAss.

Oh dear, I feel so stupid now..... and to think I stocked up on a years worth of beer.... such an idiot am I

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I hate to continue the thread derailment, but when faced with an (imminent?) threat, those with no capacity to defend themselves will lash out in denial. As will those who cant accept any departure from their norm. We should expect more of this as things progress.

In the case of DumbAss, maybe we should offer compassion and support. Or possibly make a referal to the suicide hotline. Note the language of desperation:

I welcome the spring cleaning. I might even get caught up in it. But for my kid kids (or anyone else there grandkids) a spring cleaning would be good.

DumbAss, from clues in what you wrote, you sound like the demographic that will likely only get a "very mild case." Chill, your world should be fine. It's us old foggies that have to worry.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

What I don't understand from you is that you have to buy it now. This is a slow progressing event. What if there was a sudden event.

Btw your reaction is exactly the polarizing thinking that offsets me from the fear on ATS.

I hope for you that no real sudden event will ever happen in your life as the way you talk now you would not have been prepared at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

Actually the supermarkets work on daily turnover, there's no benefit to them to you buying in bulk, they want you turning up every week for what you need that week. It's not just the supermarket stores, there's distribution hubs, delivery trucks, today's products are largely made today and there's none yet made for tomorrow.

In fact, I have a friend who works in the supermarket industry, and he's told me many times that if we all stocked up our cupboards and stopped shopping for a few weeks, it would cripple the whole country's economy.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I will add that much of S.E. Asia has seen a serious decline in everything from hotels, restaurants, to tour guides. In Thailand there are an estimated 30,000 tour guides who are without work and of course no back up plan.

There are about 5000 Thai workers returning from Korea trying to get away from the virus ... net citizens are saying put them all on an island and keep them away from the general population...

Many of the tourist hot spots are not even lukewarm as almost 6 million fewer tourist have arrived..

If you are healthy but starving from a no job situation it still sucks, IMO.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Most likely I'm not with my lungs and all.

But I do not fear death. I see my kids prepared raising their kids to be prepared. I'm content with the outcome as it shows me I did good.

It's not like a Dumbass like me can change anything. But take a breath do not ignore, do not monger. Reflect your situation and take ample measures. It is the 'rest' one has to create for making the right decisions. Inciting oneanother does not create the environment one should have to be prepared.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
[Netherlands] New confirmation, possibly the 20th. Possibly, because a child has also been confirmed, but we are not sure if he was already part of the 8 new cases from yesterday (Total 18), or not counted yet.

Anyway, for my fellow country (wo)men, here are the locations of confirmed cases:

Alphen aan den Rijn, Tilburg, Coevorden, Rotterdam, Loon op Zand, Amsterdam, Delft, Helmond, Houten, Oss, Dalen, and Utrecht.

nu.nl

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

originally posted by: Oleman
I am sorry folks, DumbAss and 1point92au were right all along, and we have all been duped into buying a year's worth of SpaghettiOs's for naught. We might as well shut down all the CoronaVirus threads now. Please accept my apologies, DumbAss.

Oh dear, I feel so stupid now..... and to think I stocked up on a years worth of beer.... such an idiot am I

Yeah, right. Now I have to figure out what to do with 100 pounds of rice. I don't even like rice.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Emirates airline asks staff to take one month unpaid leave over coronavirus

www.reuters.com...:+Trending+C ontent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

Even if they get a vaccination for it, everyone will be like.... I'm not taking that. It has microchips in it. Blah blah blah.

Some might not take it because it's a rush job and they know history:

(1) narcolepsy from the 2009 h1n1 vaccine
(2) fatal cytokine storm from SARS vaccine

Furthermore, it's a rapidly mutating virus, and that makes me wonder if the vaccine will even match by the time it is deployed.

Rushed vaccines don't seem like safe vaccines to me. Would I still get it? Maybe. I had the 2009 vax and didn't get narcolepsy. I'm just pointing out that there are reasons that are more based in fact than, "there might be microchips".

edit on 3-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

What I don't understand from you is that you have to buy it now.

Try to buy a box of 3M 8211 N95 masks. I bought some when they werer $0.20 each. Now I think you are going to have a rough time finding them for less than $19 each in the US.

I really did buy an oxygen concentrator, cost me $360, but if I end up needing it to save my wife, it was worth it. I know for fact that you can not buy one on amazon or Alibaba now. They sold out.

If I cant buy Ravioli's in two weeks, no prob! I have two cases that I bought for $0.80/can. Same with rice.

That is exactly why iI bought it now.

Sorry, DA, out after this. Too much derailment. Good luck to you and your kids. You should come out OK.

Edit: actually, the biggest reason I upped my normal "storm supplies" to 4 months is because I dont want my wife or me to have to risk going to the grocery store IF this does get out of hand in my neighborhood. I hate rice too. But, prefer it to the risk of touching a grocery cart, or bringing contaminated groceries into our home.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa
[
Yeah, right. Now I have to figure out what to do with 100 pounds of rice. I don't even like rice.

Food pantry if you don't end up needing it. If you need it and you're hungry enough, it won't matter that you don't like it. PM if you want ideas on how to use it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: asdfa

Oh no ....... and I don't like beer!

Wanna trade?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Thailand medical news article , they been giving a lot information about this corona......

What you all think about this statement ?

In reality, it is actually pointless to spend money and resources to try to contain the spread through border closes, travel restrictions, quarantines or lockdowns when dealing with a virus that has so many anomalies.

Rather, we have to embrace that the spread and fatalities is going to be inevitable. Instead of containment, governments and health authorities will need to boost up healthcare to be able to accommodate these increased cases while resources are also channeled into research.

link

I think that there is truth on that.....the virus is allready about everywhere......yes we all should be extra extra hygienic 24/7 by washing hands etc, but i really doubt can quarantines or lockdowns anymore at this point help as it was spreaded allready. So by putting resources more to healthcare , research , alt- treatment options like what have been talked here in ATS there might be more benefits ?

Quarantines and lockdowns can create psychological problems on it''s own....and that can then lower immunity IMO.

We need to keep the World running even if we have this bug....this bug is going to be here probably long time anyway...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

And in the case this all blows over next year you would still have it. Just keep it maintained, expand slowly and buy the stuff when no one thinks about it.

And don't forget to enjoy each day, you never know when it might change, but being prepared nonetheless keeps your mind at ease.

You'll be fine

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Iran reports 835 new cases and 11 new deaths; total of 2,336 cases and 77 deaths

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Thailand medical news article , they been giving a lot information about this corona......

In reality, it is actually pointless to spend money and resources to try to contain the spread through border closes, travel restrictions, quarantines or lockdowns when dealing with a virus that has so many anomalies.

Rather, we have to embrace that the spread and fatalities is going to be inevitable. Instead of containment, governments and health authorities will need to boost up healthcare to be able to accommodate these increased cases while resources are also channeled into research.

link

I think that there is truth on that.....the virus is allready about everywhere......yes we all should be extra extra hygienic 24/7 by washing hands etc, but i really doubt can quarantines or lockdowns anymore at this point help as it was spreaded allready. So by putting resources more to healthcare , research , alt- treatment options like what have been talked here in ATS there might be more benefits ?

Quarantines and lockdowns can create psychological problems on it''s own....and that can then lower immunity IMO.

We need to keep the World running even if we have this bug....this bug is going to be here probably long time anyway...

I think a govt. that loves its people will try its best to maintain its borders even from a hidden enemy, just my thoughts as a former Air Force veteran .

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Kenzo

link

I think a govt. that loves its people will try its best to maintain its borders even from a hidden enemy, just my thoughts as a former Air Force veteran .

No government loves its people.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes that's true, hmmm

Defenfing country borders is important . Thanks for your opinion musicismagic

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join