It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheIrvy2
a reply to: Village Idiot

Actually the supermarkets work on daily turnover, there's no benefit to them to you buying in bulk, they want you turning up every week for what you need that week. It's not just the supermarket stores, there's distribution hubs, delivery trucks, today's products are largely made today and there's none yet made for tomorrow.

In fact, I have a friend who works in the supermarket industry, and he's told me many times that if we all stocked up our cupboards and stopped shopping for a few weeks, it would cripple the whole country's economy.

That's definitely something nobody would want, I still plan to shop normally if it's viable, just trying to cater for the gaps in supplies.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Add Georgia to the map.

Officials confirm Georgia’s first 2 cases of coronavirus

Two people who live in the same household in Fulton County are the first in Georgia to test positive for the new coronavirus, Gov. Brian Kemp and state officials announced Monday evening at a hastily arranged press conference.

The two showed symptoms of the illness shortly after one of the people returned to Georgia from a trip to the northern Italian city of Milan, officials said.

Source

ETA and here's a catchy tune out of Vietnam reminding you to Wash Your Hands.

edit on 3-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: Added tunage

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Shanghai is back to 95% shops open.
It has a population of 24 million.
6 million people from wuhan left in late January.
Out of 24,000,000 people in Shanghai, 348 are infected.

This virus sounds like it has a R0 of 0.2
I'm over it.
Yawn.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
We have an old house with a canning / root cellar room in the basement with about 30 shelves. The wife sterilized them with bleach yesterday and I painted the room top to bottom. Going to start stocking the shelves. She manages a grocery store now so off we go.

For work I just ordered 48 bottles of hand sanitizer that was not easy to find in stock. One for each of my people.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: REalBEL
Shanghai is back to 95% shops open.
It has a population of 24 million.
6 million people from wuhan left in late January.
Out of 24,000,000 people in Shanghai, 348 are infected.

This virus sounds like it has a R0 of 0.2
I'm over it.
Yawn.

but:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Where did all those stock market insiders from previous parts of the thread go? Please come back! I would be interested in hearing your further take on this developing situation.

I don't think this was pumping, but I also don't believe last week's selling was purely driven by fear. Manufacturing took a massive hit in February with China shut down. No supply equals no sales equals no profits equals lower valued stock. Over the weekend it was learned that China is now manning many factories with Uigher prisoners, so manufacturing will start up again on their end. That was good news at least until the rest of China gets their feet back under them and normal staffing at manufacturing facilities can resume. Also in play with the market today is anticipation of an emergency FED meeting some point this week, lowering rates.

The pumpers don't pump yields up, and today we finally saw the 10 year yield go up, albeit slightly... that's a good sign, but we need it to go up a LOT more before we can say the fear is off the table. As I said last week, uncertainty is death to investors... Acts like China wisely getting their plants up and running again and the FED taking temporary action calm uncertainty. I'll also go ahead and say the prevailing idea that this Coronavirus has been in the US spreading in the community for 6 weeks actually should be viewed as reassuring in a twisted way. All the experts are still saying the standard incubation period is 3-12 days from exposure, which means most all of the Americans who were exposed to is the first month it was here fought it off without major disruptions. Those with underlying health complications obviously have a tougher row to hoe, but if you get right down to brass tacks isn't that sort of the norms of life on Earth? In every species on this planet, disease and illnesses have evolved to prey on the weak, leading to the doctrine of Survival of the Fittest. Emotional investing, both buying and selling, is a recipe for failure... Wall Street had a panic last week and may well have shaken it out of their system and, absolutely, if they're viewing this as "OK, China's back in business, the FED will act if needed, and the majority of those who will fall to this are already likely not contributing heavily to the overall economy" then they're going to start buying stocks again, especially considering how oversold the markets were last week.

I am very surprised to see the MOD'S taking the thread off course talking about stock markets! Thought this thread was for updates on coronavirus only??

And should be for coronavirus updates only!!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hope this hasn't been posted yet as havnt had a chance to look through all posts since my yesterday but a Taiwanese Scientist is saying that this virus looks to be manufactured in a Chinese Lab because of the 4 amino acids found in the bat virus!

A Taiwanese scientist has claimed Chinese microbiologists probably created coronavirus in Wuhan, China.
Based on the virus unusual structure it is most likely “man made” and there is a theory coronavirus was somehow leaked or released from the Institute of Virology in Wuhan China, said Professor Fang Chi-tai from the National Taiwan University (NTU).
Professor Fang said China’s track record with safety standards and laboratory management has been questioned in the past.

The Professor claims it was very possible that the Wuhan Chinese scientists created the deadly virus by simply adding four amino acids to an existing bat virus, which therefore makes it much easier to transmit to people.
Professor Fang added, “The mutations found in the novel coronavirus are unusual in an academic sense.
“It is indeed possible that it is a man-made product.

londonlovesbusiness.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: 1point92AU

I think this COVID-19 is dangerous for older and ones that have allready health problems. I have some doubts do the doctors really use all the options for treating COVID-19 thought......i mean if doctors go just with the official medical school treatment strategys and decide to opt out IV vitamin C for example...

I dont really know how often IV vitamin is used to this in hospitals....i would be pissed if i would be in hospital with this COVID-19
And doctor would not even consider vitamin C & antioxidant support...

But there are doctors and nurses dying from this virus and they are healthy adults as far as we know or they wouldn't be doing the job they do/did/done

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
2 confirmed in Fulton county Georgia, 2 possible in lowndes county Georgia.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

My problem with that is look at Wuhan.

It has ~72% of the total cases in world at the moment (and 90% of the deaths).

It got like that before China slammed quarantine on the city and locked down half their population.

Once they put those measures in place, it has "seemed" (actual result to be determined) to have a massive impact in containing the virus.

Other countries the same thing - they are on heightened alert and at least attempting to quarantine cases and contacts as they come up.

I think Iran will be the benchmark - with their apparent lack of respect for the virus and determination not to quarantine, we'll see if it becomes the next Wuhan.

I guess you need to compare apples to apples - if everywhere was like Wuhan, would supplying the appropriate healthcare be cheaper than trying to contain the virus or would containment be quicker, more effective and cheaper in the long run?

Of course there's every chance that what happened in Wuhan is not what we are seeing everywhere else.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Iran reports 835 new cases and 11 new deaths; total of 2,336 cases and 77 deaths

And this is in just over a week since first case, so either China are lying about their cases and deaths or Iran's hospitals aren't able to deal with it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Leighthall

I’d add that there is no independent confirmation that this virus is what is affecting Wuhan.

WHO has not been allowed in Wuhan. And CCP has not turned over any animal samples from the supposed meat market where it started.

What if a bio weapon was released in Wuhan and then the virus was released to cover it up? Plausible based on the videos out of Wuhan before the internet was very strictly monitored.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Both. China lying about everything about this, proven many times over. Things are starting to open but many businesses can’t operate due to staff not showing up. Schools still closed in most of country and large employers are only opening under threats from govt.

Iran from what I’ve read has a shortage of hospitals and I think safe bet they want the protestors to die off.

Awwwwww cute Necrose came back. Bless your little necrotic heart.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to.

Perversely, I'd feel better if we found out that is what happened - I could actually then get on board with the "It's just a flu" crowd.

Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I’d add that there is no independent confirmation that this virus is what is affecting Wuhan.

WHO has not been allowed in Wuhan. And CCP has not turned over any animal samples from the supposed meat market where it started.

What if a bio weapon was released in Wuhan and then the virus was released to cover it up? Plausible based on the videos out of Wuhan before the internet was very strictly monitored.

Did you not read the Who China Joint Mission on COVID-19 Final Report? Myself & others have posted link to the 40 page report - WHO has been to Wuhan

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

WHO has not been allowed in Wuhan

I think it was the CDC that was not allowed into Wuhan (or maybe they weren't allowed in Mainland China at all?)
I could be wrong

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

WHO has not been allowed in Wuhan

I think it was the CDC that was not allowed into Wuhan (or maybe they weren't allowed in Mainland China at all?)
I could be wrong

The CDC and American WHO members were not allowed to enter mainland China; and absolutely nobody (as far as I know), not even WHO, is allowed into Wuhan.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I am very surprised to see the MOD'S taking the thread off course talking about stock markets! Thought this thread was for updates on coronavirus only?? 

And should be for coronavirus updates only!! 

Is the stock market not affected by this?

I like a little stock market update. It let's us know the sentiment of investors, you know the people that make modern civilization possible. No jobs equals no money. I believe our whole system is based on money.

There is a direct correlation to the two.

I am waiting to see how the stock market reacts today. It seems a little bit of the panic has subsided from a little rise in the market yesterday.

We will see.
edit on 3-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: Bad grammar

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

This is also an attempt to 'hush'...happened early on. The sequencing is known...but was cut off once let outside China.

The Shanghai laboratory where researchers published the world’s first genome sequence of the deadly coronavirus that causes Covid-19 has been shut down.

The laboratory at the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Centre was ordered to close for “rectification” on January 12, a day after Professor Zhang Yongzhen’s team published the genome sequence on open platforms. It closed temporarily the following day.

South China Morning Post

Is this man made? Recent opinions differ. Here is a good read, takes time but I'll quote a bit.

SARS-CoV-2 is the seventh member of the Coronaviridae known to infect humans. Three of these viruses, SARS CoV-1, MERS, and SARS-CoV-2, can cause severe disease; four, HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E, are associated with mild respiratory symptoms. Herein, we review what can be deduced about the origin and early evolution of SARS-CoV-2 from the comparative analysis of available genome sequence data. In particular, we offer a perspective on the notable features in the SARS-CoV-2 genome and discuss scenarios by which these features could have arisen. Importantly, this analysis provides evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct nor a purposefully manipulated virus.

Proximal Origin if SARS-CoV-2

There is a great deal of material to read through, I've given so many links to papers, research, sites, economies, markets, etc. etc. Read information that is out there!

Don't just talk about shopping for rice or food in this thread that is ridiculous and is a waste of my reading time. You want to talk about that own a thread and "Start one!"

mg

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I really don't get why anyone thinks they can come in this thread and convince us all that the flu is worse. Makes no sense to me and clearly math and reading comprehension are not their strong points.

This is not for the troll... this is info for the rest of us

"U.S. labs will have enough materials on hand by the end of this week to perform "close to 1 million" coronavirus tests, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn said at a White House briefing Monday evening.

That estimate far exceeds the number of tests that several labs told POLITICO they will actually be able to run each day. Under ideal conditions, the nation's public health labs could run up to 10,000 tests per day by the end of the week, according to figures provided by the Association of Public Health Laboratories.

An FDA spokesperson says that Hahn's 1 million estimate includes capacity that would be added through commercial tests that the agency is working with firms to bring to market by the end of the week.

The announcement by Hahn comes amid intense scrutiny of the technical troubles that have slowed labs' adoption of the CDC diagnostic, with many public health officials and politicians blaming HHS Secretary Alex Azar for the delay.

FDA issued regulations over the weekend that allow some high-complexity labs to create and use their own coronavirus tests before seeking an emergency use authorization from the agency — a move aimed at closing the testing gap."

www.politico.com...
edit on 3-3-2020 by pasiphae because: grammar

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join