It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The truth is, Democrat or Republican, Conservative or Labour - in fact ANY political persuasion in any country, would all get it wrong, would all play it down for the sake of stability.

Playing any side of any political divide in this situation is utterly pointless. Frankly Covid-19 doesn’t care if you’re a raging communist or a goose stepping facist or indeed, any point in between.

Everyone is caught in the headlights of this juggernaut, everyone will make mistakes. We cannot now contain this, but maybe the panic can be delayed. This is likely to ripple back and forth across the world just like Spanish Flu - and just like way back then, nobody really knows what to do.

We should have shut everything down. Stopped All travel. Allowed it to burn out, but likely it was already marching it’s invisible way across the globe before we could of stopped it even with those measures. Now we just face it head on. Most of us will survive, but on the other side of it things might be a bit different - hopefully. a reply to: fleabit

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
191 cases now in France

Francia registra un tercer fallecido y 61 nuevos positivos del coronavirus
Francia ha anunciado la muerte de una tercera persona contagiada con el COVID-19 y 61 nuevos casos respecto al día anterior, para alcanzar un total de 191 positivos confirmados, ha informado el director general de Sanidad, Jerôme Salomon. La nueva muerte es la de una mujer de 89 años que fue ingresada por otros problemas de salud y que fue diagnosticada como positivo tras su fallecimiento en un hospital de Compiègne, al norte de París. Se ignora por tanto si la defunción se debió al coronavirus o a alguna otra afección, informa Europa Press.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

accine problems.
I understand they are identifying 2 separate strains or types.. probably a lot more as it moves through the population but we can only to the genetic research as its clinically identified or by random sampling. Also, with the China SARS vaccine trials.. the human trials .. the vaccine caused cytokine storm type 2 cytokines including IL4, IL5, and IL13 in patients. That research was abandoned.

I think they may well create a vaccine, but I don't think it will be ready for a long time. Like - a year to a year and a half sort of time. Certainly won't be a flu vaccine that they will pop out this month.

It WONT be in 2020...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Influenza in France
edit on 3123131b03 by SammyB0476 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

This is Kirkland, then?

That was fast. Gives me chills.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: MrRCflying
So with 5 deaths today, one yesterday bringing the total to 6. Out of 96 confirmed cases, that is 5.2%

I thought people were saying that the mortality rate would be much lower in the US because of better medical care?

Last I knew 5.2% is higher than 3.4%.

The magic word is CONFIRMED cases. They arent doing widespread testing. You are gravely ill in a nursing home with suspected Covid. You get tested. You die. You skew the percentages. We probably wont know the exact death % until well after the initial outbreak is over.

It makes you wonder how many deaths in the past few weeks have just been written off without testing. It would be interesting to see the records from Kings County for the past month, see if there was an overall increase.

Here is a link for King County and their Flu tracker. www.kingcounty.gov... -08.ashx

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I just got home from work, switched on the tv, and was preparing my lunch when Fox news said SIX deaths and EIGHTY confirmed cases. Did I hear that right?

What happened while I was away? Is this true? Haven't had a chance to go back a dozen pages to find out yet..

actually, I see US has 100 cases now

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Okay. Now that the New York Stock Exchange has closed and the DOW finished strong at over 1100 points positive, didn't I read that on Friday they were going to inject funds into the stock market to help it out? So, how much of the gains today were actual stock market GAINS and how much of it was pumped up air? Is there any way of finding out?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

BREAKING: The CDC has stopped disclosing the number of Americans tested for coronavirus. On the left is how the website looked last night. On the right is what it looks like now, with the testing info removed. The lack of testing is a scandal.

Hmmmm. 🤔 blackout on information...

TWITTER

Also 1100 plus day for the Dow Jones 🚨 truth is indeed stranger than fiction, in 2020.

edit on 2-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Those people living in blocks of flats are going to get infected 100%, wont be any escaping it and there's plenty of those blocks in England.

Next 5 days are going to be very telling.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I am not saying it is going to, but our world could look a whole lot different in one months time.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Okay. Now that the New York Stock Exchange has closed and the DOW finished strong at over 1100 points positive, didn't I read that on Friday they were going to inject funds into the stock market to help it out? So, how much of the gains today were actual stock market GAINS and how much of it was pumped up air? Is there any way of finding out?

Artificial, remember the stock market is an illusion of value, technically there is no measure of value in these imaginary markets.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

BREAKING: The CDC has stopped disclosing the number of Americans tested for coronavirus. On the left is how the website looked last night. On the right is what it looks like now, with the testing info removed. The lack of testing is a scandal.

Hmmmm. 🤔 blackout on information...

TWITTER

Also 1100 plus day for the Dow Jones 🚨 truth is indeed stranger than fiction, in 2020.

I have 2 other suspected cases in one of my local hospital also atm. They are clamping down on revealing cases... technically I don’t think they are suspected I think they are being gagged..

... and the gag descends.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Well, actually he did. He literally said.. 15 cases, soon to be 0. He said it was under control.

I listened to two of the briefings, the first one, and the one after the first death.

I didn't hear him say anything like what you are describing. Yes, he was downplaying it - kind of like I have been doing. Downplaying it, but leaving the door to things getting worse open. I heard none of the 'absolutes' you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I just got home from work, switched on the tv, and was preparing my lunch when Fox news said SIX deaths and EIGHTY confirmed cases. Did I hear that right?

What happened while I was away? Is this true? Haven't had a chance to go back a dozen pages to find out yet..

I"m also in TX.. I went to the store and came home to that news. I was like SERIOUSLY, I just went to the store and I come home to all kinds of new crazy news. I was only gone for an hour. HEB wasn't that busy but I took pics of some of the shelves. Kinda made me laugh at some of the things being bought.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, they would be - except he never said that.

Please check your TDS at the thread-gate.

Well, actually he did. He literally said.. 15 cases, soon to be 0. He said it was under control. One of his staff said it was completely controlled. Corrected himself to say maybe not 100% airtight controlled, but almost. Which is far from the truth. Trump also said the United States is "rapidly developing a vaccine" for the coronavirus and would "essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner." Which is completely false. Called it a hoax to damage him. Obviously not true. He stated he heard warm weather might do it in. What? I find it almost amusing people support his comments. Some of them are embarrassing to even listen to.

He said:

My administration has taken the most aggressive action in modern history to prevent the spread of this illness in the United States. We are ready. We are ready. Totally ready.

LoL? Yea.. lol.

I realize you and many would never dare question Trump, or his comments, or his decisions. But just take time to read MANY reports of how badly Trump and his administration is handling this crisis. Has nothing to do with "TDS."

Once again, as has been stated numerous times, this is NOT a political thread. Please stop bringing partisan politics into this. They have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the spread of this virus. President Trump has nothing to do with it nor did he say the epidemic was a hoax. Please stop spreading false narratives in here on top of the political spew.

To get back on topic, we are up to 99 confirmed cases and there have been 6 deaths reported so far (all in Washington state) due to this virus. 5 in King County and another in Snohomish County. All of them were either elderly (assisted living home residents) or had a preexisting condition. (the 50 year old male who passed away) Most earlier 12 to 14 confirmed cases are on the road to recovery or have already recovered. What this tells us is that the virus spreads fast and hits those in their 70s, and 80s pretty hard. It also tells us that the disease is not a death sentence and that many more are walking around with this thing right now (spreading it) and don't even know it.

A good policy to start with would be to set up a perimeter (figuratively speaking) around these nursing home and assisted living facilities where our nation's most vulnerable to this disease are located. Test people "at the gate" before they go in. Make sure they are screened. It is looking right now like a good portion of the residents of that assisted living facility in King County might be wiped out by this thing.

They need to track the visitations that have occurred there in the past 14 to 21 days. There is someone out there spreading this thing around that region with impunity and that person probably knows who they are by this point. This needs to be tracked to its source because cases in that tri-county area are exploding right now. Once we have that information, we can better pin point how this thing has been spreading out there and strategize a plan for better containment. Right now we are still in the unknown as far as what form this virus is going to take in this country, but we can catalogue and react accordingly based on the little information we DO know.

The chinese did not help the World's cause (and STILL aren't helping the World's cause) by being so secretive about a virus that they unleashed upon it. It is almost criminal. So now the rest of the World is playing catch up. We are in the infant stages of this. The response to this point by our President and the CDC has been appropriate. I expect more policy to be enacted as we get a better handle on things going forward. This is a very fluid situation.
edit on 3/2/2020 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: clarity.

link   
The DOW was maneuvered to make profit for some from the bad timing of others. Was supposed to happen next week but the virus gave them en excuse to start it early. It'll drop again but be back by summer. If The Bern wins tomorrow that will give it a big hit.

link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
Do we have any evidence at all that a person has been, and can been, completely cured of this coronavirus? That the body is completely rid of it after being infected?

Lots of unknowns for sure.

Can we say the same thing about any virus though?

Would be interesting to hear a response from a virology expert...

link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

I"m also in TX.. I went to the store and came home to that news. I was like SERIOUSLY, I just went to the store and I come home to all kinds of new crazy news. I was only gone for an hour. HEB wasn't that busy but I took pics of some of the shelves. Kinda made me laugh at some of the things being bought.

Bleach Lysol spray, toilet paper and liquor. The mainstays of life.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

It’s them old timers in the nursing home, worst case scenario, for them.. 😕 it’s sad news there will probably be more from there.

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join