It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: MrRCflying
So with 5 deaths today, one yesterday bringing the total to 6. Out of 96 confirmed cases, that is 5.2%

I thought people were saying that the mortality rate would be much lower in the US because of better medical care?

Last I knew 5.2% is higher than 3.4%.

The magic word is CONFIRMED cases. They arent doing widespread testing. You are gravely ill in a nursing home with suspected Covid. You get tested. You die. You skew the percentages. We probably wont know the exact death % until well after the initial outbreak is over.

It makes you wonder how many deaths in the past few weeks have just been written off without testing. It would be interesting to see the records from Kings County for the past month, see if there was an overall increase.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

So with 5 deaths today, one yesterday bringing the total to 6. Out of 96 confirmed cases, that is 5.2%

I thought people were saying that the mortality rate would be much lower in the US because of better medical care?

Last I knew 5.2% is higher than 3.4%.

The magic word is CONFIRMED cases. They arent doing widespread testing. You are gravely ill in a nursing home with suspected Covid. You get tested. You die. You skew the percentages. We probably wont know the exact death % until well after the initial outbreak is over.

It makes you wonder how many deaths in the past few weeks have just been written off without testing. It would be interesting to see the records from Kings County for the past month, see if there was an overall increase.

We will probably never know. Being honest.

I was looking at the incident maps.. it so clear how this came here. Take a look at the clusters. Then take a look at the airports and where the mil housed the cruise infected. You have these little pools of dots. Then they reach out like tentacles due to travel, family, etc. Its moving too fast..even with the sparse testing being done. If we saw the true extent of it we would see as far as containment.. it aint happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yeah, they would be - except he never said that.

Please check your TDS at the thread-gate.

Well, actually he did. He literally said.. 15 cases, soon to be 0. He said it was under control. One of his staff said it was completely controlled. Corrected himself to say maybe not 100% airtight controlled, but almost. Which is far from the truth. Trump also said the United States is "rapidly developing a vaccine" for the coronavirus and would "essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner." Which is completely false. Called it a hoax to damage him. Obviously not true. He stated he heard warm weather might do it in. What? I find it almost amusing people support his comments. Some of them are embarrassing to even listen to.

He said:

My administration has taken the most aggressive action in modern history to prevent the spread of this illness in the United States. We are ready. We are ready. Totally ready.

LoL? Yea.. lol.

I realize you and many would never dare question Trump, or his comments, or his decisions. But just take time to read MANY reports of how badly Trump and his administration is handling this crisis. Has nothing to do with "TDS."

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
2 hospitals are currently shut down. Doesn't make much sense for only 18 cases, right?

I keep having to slap myself for a reality check.

2 hospitals shut down for 18 cases. And this thing is no biggie? Why the hell is the whole world treating it like a bad strain of Ebola?

Funny, just found out that Ebola may have come from bats! Learn something new everyday.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

President Trump: We've asked to accelerate a coronavirus vaccine

Trump Speaking about Vaccine

Vaccine problems.
I understand they are identifying 2 separate strains or types.. probably a lot more as it moves through the population but we can only to the genetic research as its clinically identified or by random sampling. Also, with the China SARS vaccine trials.. the human trials .. the vaccine caused cytokine storm type 2 cytokines including IL4, IL5, and IL13 in patients. That research was abandoned.

Sars Vaccine

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: Asgaard
2 hospitals are currently shut down. Doesn't make much sense for only 18 cases, right?

I keep having to slap myself for a reality check.

2 hospitals shut down for 18 cases. And this thing is no biggie? Why the hell is the whole world treating it like a bad strain of Ebola?

Funny, just found out that Ebola may have come from bats! Learn something new everyday.

There just arent enough beds or equipment .. have you ever been in an ICU? Very small and not many beds. They are never all open. SO its a few beds available.. and limited supplies and equipment.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Maybe it's cheaper/faster/safer to build a new hospital than it is to disinfect one that has seen hundreds or even thousands of patients come through the doors. I'd have to think every square millimeter of that place is contaminated.
Just a guess.

I guess I just don't understand this. Doesn't the virus have a shelf life outside of a host? Leave it on objects and eventually time kills it? If that is the case, just lock down the place and let it sit till twice the shelf life period. Problem solved.

Or what am I missing here?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's a question for the medically inclined amongst you.

What is the shelf life of swabs taken from people (throat, nasal, etc.)? I assume they are stored in test tubes, petri dishes or suchlike. Would the virus still be detectable weeks afters the samples were taken or does it die off naturally from non-proliferation, even if in controlled lab conditions?

My thinking is if it would be worth trying to swab everyone, but not being able to actually run the virus test for weeks or months due to the exceedingly high number of samples.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: GlobalGold
No similarity at all either in a clean kill vs continually infectious til death either

Not sure what you mean.

Please tell me you aren't now claiming that this virus will infect someone 'continuously' until it kills them...

Do we have any evidence at all that a person has been, and can been, completely cured of this coronavirus? That the body is completely rid of it after being infected?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Yeah, they would be - except he never said that.

Please check your TDS at the thread-gate.

Well, actually he did. He literally said.. 15 cases, soon to be 0. He said it was under control. One of his staff said it was completely controlled. Corrected himself to say maybe not 100% airtight controlled, but almost. Which is far from the truth. Trump also said the United States is "rapidly developing a vaccine" for the coronavirus and would "essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner." Which is completely false. Called it a hoax to damage him. Obviously not true. He stated he heard warm weather might do it in. What? I find it almost amusing people support his comments. Some of them are embarrassing to even listen to.

He said:

My administration has taken the most aggressive action in modern history to prevent the spread of this illness in the United States. We are ready. We are ready. Totally ready.

LoL? Yea.. lol.

I realize you and many would never dare question Trump, or his comments, or his decisions. But just take time to read MANY reports of how badly Trump and his administration is handling this crisis. Has nothing to do with "TDS."

I think I've starred every post you've made. 100% agree with you. The massively obvious fact that we have barely started testing and this thing has been here for weeks..... and we had a month advance notice.... mind boggling to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: tanstaafl

No similarity at all either in a clean kill vs continually infectious til death either

Not sure what you mean.

Please tell me you aren't now claiming that this virus will infect someone 'continuously' until it kills them...

Do we have any evidence at all that a person has been, and can been, completely cured of this coronavirus? That the body is completely rid of it after being infected?

I don't think it's been around long enough for us to know. If TDawg was right it's bad..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Stopped by Sam's Club to pick up some Mucinex. Did a quick pass through the store in Lenexa, Kansas (KC Metro)

Probably not even 20 bulk packages of toilet paper left and maybe double that of paper towels. Everyone in the store seemed to have a package, it likely would be out within the hour. But entire areas where there had been pallets of the stuff was just empty floor space, looked kinda weird.

Not much rice left, but everything else seemed to be fine, even the lysol, and cleaning wipes, although you could tell it had been sized down more than it normally is.

It's funny to look at peoples carts... today (and on Friday/Saturday), lot's of prep type buying, cases and cases of water bottles, bags of rice and lots of other things you typically don't see in peoples carts.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I do think part of the problem is lack of concern in U.S. airports -

I have a friend in the neighborhood whose daughter and son-in-law just returned from Vietnam -

- she said that when they were at the Singapore airport, they were screened for fever, but when they hit were at LAX for their layover, no screening of any kind was being done!!

Of course, since we know it can be spread by those who are asymptomatic, no amount of such 'screening' will truly help, but it might at least have slowed down the increase in cases, if it had been done..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Advantage

I do think part of the problem is lack of concern in U.S. airports -

I have a friend in the neighborhood whose daughter and son-in-law just returned from Vietnam -

- she said that when they were at the Singapore airport, they were screened for fever, but when they hit were at LAX for their layover, no screening of any kind was being done!!

Of course, since we know it can be spread by those who are asymptomatic, no amount of such 'screening' will truly help, but it might at least have slowed down the increase in cases, if it had been done..

Yeah Im hearing ( and seeing a few vids) of people returning from infected countries and its just business as usual when they land. No nothing.
I guess maybe lack of funds, lack of cooperation, lack of sense, or lack of need for it because the cat is well out of the bag. I really dont know. I think we should be doing more. We also have a Southern border issue from hell...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What's with CDC abruptly cancelling today's conference?

twitter.com...

Didn't want to impact the DOW which is up as of this posting.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Also while this may not be contained, the rate of spread should be controlled if at all possible, so alleviate pressure on hospitals. The government and CDC don't seem to really be doing much at all, at this point. There are posts today of people flying in from Italy on full flights, and literally nothing is checked OR said. No checks at the airport, no warnings - just.. hope you enjoyed flying, seeya!

That is terrible lack of planning. Our government is bungling this crisis bigly.

Yeah.... I think the first wave of this virus has already passed through Washington D.C. The only notable symptoms being that the victims have gone brain dead.

IMHO.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just got home from work, switched on the tv, and was preparing my lunch when Fox news said SIX deaths and EIGHTY confirmed cases. Did I hear that right?

What happened while I was away? Is this true? Haven't had a chance to go back a dozen pages to find out yet..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I just got home from work, switched on the tv, and was preparing my lunch when Fox news said SIX deaths and EIGHTY confirmed cases. Did I hear that right?

What happened while I was away? Is this true? Haven't had a chance to go back a dozen pages to find out yet..

Yes, it unfortunately had a breakout in a home for seniors, the worst place for it to hit. I think probably all the deaths are with people over 70, although I could be off.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Let's say the virus has been spreading around the country now for the last 6 weeks, in stealth mode. Meaning, yes, some people have been sick, but assumed it was the flu and didn't seek any testing for flu, see a doc, etc. Yes, some people might have had cough and infection and perhaps even died from it, but was assumed to be the flu.

If that is the case, and we suddenly find out that people we have been around, have the virus, be it at church, school, neighborhoods, grocery stores, sporting events, any public gathering.... then basically, we just have to man up and face it head on, and pray for the best.

Even if they get a vaccination for it, everyone will be like.... I'm not taking that. It has microchips in it. Blah blah blah.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

accine problems.
I understand they are identifying 2 separate strains or types.. probably a lot more as it moves through the population but we can only to the genetic research as its clinically identified or by random sampling. Also, with the China SARS vaccine trials.. the human trials .. the vaccine caused cytokine storm type 2 cytokines including IL4, IL5, and IL13 in patients. That research was abandoned.

I think they may well create a vaccine, but I don't think it will be ready for a long time. Like - a year to a year and a half sort of time. Certainly won't be a flu vaccine that they will pop out this month.

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join