It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
a reply to: Advantage
That's why I thinking;

• Many people are asymptomatic carriers and we don't really know how many. For all I known, included my wife recently returning from China (more than 21 days ago in her case, now out-and-about in public).
  • For all I know, I may be an asymptomatic carrier as well, and I only stayed-home from work (per work instructions) for 3 weeks. Now back to work, and never really fully self-quarantined when I was working from home (i.e. went to run ocassional errands like groceries, pharmacy, etc.). Presumably, I'm not the only one like that either.
  • Even if asymptomatic carriers are a small minority of those exposed, the exponential expansion means thousands (if not 10's of thousands) of us potential asymptomatic carriers out in the world. So, definately not "contained".
  • Finding-out what % of those exposed become asymptomatic carriers should be a big deal.
  • Maybe not something to panic about, but give-up on the idea of travel-bans and "lock-downs" containing this thing. It's already out there. Travel-bans and "lock-downs" and such are probably just hampering efforts to treat the sick and further understand the problem.

IMO.. its nowhere NEAR being contained.
We are in the learning phase of this.. and there are still so many unanswered questions. We only know the answers when it happens.. when its spread and people are sick. Its always hindsight it seems.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm now living in Olympia, Wa. About 60 short miles south of Seattle, That Kirkland facility where the first 2 U.S. deaths were is literally my old back yard. I have moved around and lived in Seattle,/Kirkland/Bellevue area for 50 years, right there. I know hundreds and hundreds of people in the area, and have a large portion of relatives in the area, and I can assure you people are paying attention now. Mostly.

I am certain closures are about to begin , like any day/minute. In fact just now (just after I wrote that, I swear) I am on break, and as I am writing this the district I work in has just cancelled all middle-school sports games today.
the announcement just came over the PA. just now.... they didn't give a reason. The person I am covering for today has been out for a week now and their kid is out too...

Its real and it's moving real fast. Trying to keep my spirits up but.. just wait till it hits you'r home town, (it will) you will know the feeling.

My best to all.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Washington state Dept. of Health's COVID-19 information hotline (800-525-0127, press #) is no longer going through, disconnects after pressing #. I called on the 18th Feb, and had someone on the line first ring. They were advising no need to wear any masks. Web page (www.doh.wa.gov...) had been tracking and listing counts of the results, but now it only lists the confirmed and the deceased.

Last update I seen on Sunday had these:
Positive (confirmed) 6
PUIs Pending Results 4
Negative 31
Total Tested 41

I can only figure the number of tests conducted with positive results must be rising significantly. I was in Shoreline, just north of Seattle, and every store and business I stopped at had been raked for essential supplies. Not one time did I see an associate, clerk, sales rep, or gas station attendant use gloves when exchanging money or goods. And despite all masks and goggles being sold out everywhere,I never seen anyone with them on the whole 2 days I was in Snohomish and King counties. That whole I-5 corridor from Everett to Seattle is a virus breeding pit.

I stopped at a Walmart in Wenatchee on the way home, (135 miles east of Seattle) There was only two 25lb bags basmatti left on the shelves, all other big bags gone. No hand sanitizer, bleach running low, canned meats limited, and isopropyl, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, decongestants, etc all but wiped out.

edit on 2-3-2020 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ok so why is everyone dieing in King County....

3 new deaths

So that makes a total of 5 CONFIRMED DEAD IN USA

Jeff Duchin, a public health officer for the county, said there were four new cases, with three more deaths, since their last report. A man in his 70s, a woman in her 70s and a woman in her 80s, all died on March 1, Duchin said. All three had underlying conditions. The total number of cases in King County is 14, Duchin said, with five deaths.

twitter.com...
edit on 2-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I see the CDC is no longer posting on it's website the count of the number of people tested for COVID-19 - wonder why?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not in Iran but thought I would post this update, it's already at 1,000 deaths confirmed.

The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI /MEK) announced on Monday, March 2, 2020, that as of 8:00 pm local time, the death toll nationwide from Coronavirus had exceeded 1000.
Some 300 victims in Qom, 209 in Tehran, 61 in Isfahan, 92 in Gilan, 58 in Golestan, 48 in Central, 45 in Kermanshah, 37 in Fars and more than 100 in Mazandaran have lost their lives.

www.ncr-iran.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Novaroc

Your statement " That whole I-5 corridor from Everett to Seattle is a virus breeding pit."

I am sorry to say, is 100% true. what you wrote is 100% true. Im at the south end of it all, it's a massive freeway corridor, roughly 100 miles or so of population density, and due to the geography of this region a person is pretty much forced to use it, mountains on one side, water on the other. a perfect outbreak zone. Maybe that's why CCP prez visited here a few years ago.... they closed off part of I-5 That day for his motorcade.

That corridor is one of the main reasons I am certain there will be closures forthcoming, and soon. and the sellouts are happening, and nobody has any PPE on yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

It would be nice if they confirmed these with ages as I suspect they have all been from that old age home in Kirkland that had several dozen suspected cases.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Coronavirus: just eight out of 1,600 doctors in poll say NHS is ready

An overwhelming majority of doctors fear the NHS is not well prepared to deal with a major outbreak of coronavirus, a survey has found.

More than 99% of 1,618 NHS medics questioned appear not to agree with the assurances given by Boris Johnson that the service will cope if it is hit by a surge in the number of people falling ill.

Doctors are worried that the NHS is already stretched and under heavy pressure, and especially that it has too few intensive care beds and that GP surgeries are struggling to meet patient demand.

More in The Guardian (UK) article

I think this is the typical situation in most countries that don't have vast resources of medics, acreage, facilities and funds. All if the numbers explode to the levels of China, S. Korea, Iran, etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It would be nice if they confirmed these with ages as I suspect they have all been from that old age home in Kirkland that had several dozen suspected cases.

Live Stream update if interested...its still going on

www.oregonlive.com...[ed itby]edit on 2-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm hearing they were, in fact, elderly:

Twitter

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Italy already has over 2,000 cases and 52 deaths. Blimey!

Spain has rocketed from 1 a few days ago to 120 cases!

I think the UK will start spiralling by end of this week. Too many people living in close proximity... over populated areas!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Mamana12
That’s some expensive rice out there, especially when most of it is grown in NorCal. Here in the south it’s $8.00 for 20# bag.

Yeah I've been seeing the prices others on here have been quoting for things like 50lb bags of rice and I'm over here in shock. Ours better be some damn nice rice!

At the local Sam's Club the other day, I saw 50 lb. bags of rice for $16. Didn't get any, though, because I don't think I can eat that much rice!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ah, that may explain the announcement I just got, my district has cancelled todays middle school sports games today, no reason given.

This is moving so damned fast.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They are now STATING 6 DEATH......

“We have moved to a new stage,” said King County Executive Dow Constantine. The county was buying a hotel to house patients that would be available by the end of the week. The county would also be setting up modular units to offer to patients who need to be in isolation. The locations of the new housing options would be released later on Monday, Constantine said.

edit on 2-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
I hate to say it but ... guy I work with here at the office, called-out sick today with a fever.
My first thought was, ... "corona virus?" and second thought was (given I am his only connection to anyone from China) "did I give it to him?".
ouch.

PS: Younger guy (30's?) but with some previous health history and recently-trying-to-stop vaping. So, maybe some "underlying" heath issues.

edit on 2020-3-2 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Singapore has great medical facilities - it's the medical destination of most Africa dictators.

They have a plan and are not flailing about in the dark. Better yet, they understand that "no plan survives contact with enemy". In other words they know they might have to change their plan at a moments notice.
edit on 2/3/2020 by deltaalphanovember because: missing words

edit on 2/3/2020 by deltaalphanovember because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ok I redacted the personal contacts.. outs us as actually Northcom DoD employees.. but oh well.

Thought you might find this interesting.

U.S. NORTHERN COMMAND GLOBAL SYNCHRONIZER

COVID - 19 PUBLIC AFFAIRS FRAMEWORK

FEBRUARY 26, 2020

Goal: Synchronize messaging and activities regarding Force Health Protection for COVID - 19

Target Audiences:

• Service members & Family members

• Civilians, contractors, host-nation personnel on installations with DoD personnel

• U.S. Public

• Host Nation

• Partner federal agencies (DoS, DHHS, CDC, etc)

Overall Theme: The ability of the US military to accomplish our missions is the Department of Defense’s primary goal. Force Health protection is critical to maintaining that goal.

Topline Message: DoD’s primary mission is defense of the homeland. In order to maintain mission readiness, we must focus on maintaining a healthy, ready, and lethal combat force.

Background: DoD Instruction 6200.03, “Public Health Emergency Management Within the DoD”, dated March 28, 2019 and supplemented, provides military commanders with policy applicable to COVID - 19. Supplement 2 is specific to actions regarding COVID – 19.

Novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to spread and is an increasing force health protection (FHP) threat in areas where Department of Defense (DoD) personnel live and work. As the leading U.S. Government public health agency, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to assess the risk of COVID-19 and provide guidance for those residing in the United States and traveling abroad. Some CDC COVID-19 guidance may have limited applicability for military installation commanders, particularly those outside the United States, because CDC guidance is principally directed toward persons residing in the United States and does not apply to other sovereign nations.

Military commanders outside the United States have unique geographic constraints and operational considerations for FHP. They must act in accordance with relevant host nation (HN) and allied forces standards as applicable.

CDC country specific Travel Health Notice (THN) levels for COVID-19 may be found at:

www.cdc.gov...

Public Affairs Posture: The public affairs posture is active. However, this approach may be modified when DoD is in support of other agencies or host country sensitivities dictate a different posture.

A risk-based framework for geographic areas with COVID-19 transmission is organized by areas exhibiting the following characteristics: (a) Community transmission beginning, (b) Increased community transmission, (c) Sustained community transmission, and (d) Widespread community transmission. DoD commanders may use this risk-based framework to help guide their response to COVID-19 and PA efforts will need to be updated and modified as appropriate to the specific community characteristic. The below PA recommended actions are not all-inclusive, but simply a framework for PA effort considerations.

This outbreak is dynamic and manifests differently by location, setting, population, and individual. As a result, PA information efforts to COVID-19 will need to be flexible, tailored, and incremental.

Lanes of Responsibility: Regarding COVID-19, US Northern Command will serve as the Global Synchronizer for planning. In coordination with OASD PA and the Joint Staff, USNORTHCOM will provide overall strategic public affairs planning guidance. Respective CCMDs will handle all strategic level messaging for their AOR and develop processes to synchronize and coordinate messaging. Release of significant information affecting DoD will be coordinated with OASD PA, through respective CCMD and info USNORTHCOM, prior to public release. Significant information includes, but is not limited to: First DoD case/death in the AOR, changes in HPCON that are obvious and must be communicated to the public, theater-wide travel restrictions, pending medevac or repatriation activities, cancelled or modified exercises etc. Commanders and installation PAOs should discuss specific information related to force health protection activities at a specific installation to inform target audiences and not create alarm. Consider OPSEC in describing any specific Force Health Protection actions.

Consider that individual actions when taken in context with other similar actions by other CCMDs may raise the level of interest when determining what to pass up for consideration.

Internal Communications:

Internal communications is the priority effort. Our military personnel and their families along with the civilians, contractors, and others who work alongside them are our primary audience.

The most current information about the disease along with installation force health protection actions should be actively pushed to the internal audience. The CDC is a good public source of official US Government information: www.cdc.gov... Additionally, Health.mil contains publically available information and links from the Military Health System.

Risk communication issues such as this require two-way communication efforts. Installation town halls led by senior leadership are strongly encouraged. PA teams need to actively engage via their external social media channels and address concerns and issues quickly.

Media Operations:

Media operations should be coordinated with OSD, JS and USNORTHCOM to ensure message alignment. Host nation considerations and coordination is encouraged. While timeliness in responding to queries is always a factor in DoD media operations, “over coordination” is encouraged to ensure all of the appropriate organizations are aware in advance of a story being published. Installation commanders have the authority to conduct media operations IAW COCOM/PA guidance. All media engagements regardless of size or outlet must be briefed to the appropriate COCOM/PA. Command and installation PAOs will institute a program to screen all information placed on webpages, websites, post newspapers, newsletters or other publicly accessible sites to ensure it complies with DOD policy and doesn’t disclose sensitive information. Installation PAOs are encouraged to actively correct the record on any media issue that does not accurately reflect the facts.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Imagery Guidance:

IAW DoDI 5040.02, DoD, its components and services are required to document the full spectrum of mission assurance activities through still photographs, video b-roll and video productions. All still and video imagery that depict specific mission assurance or force health protection activities must be reviewed and released by the installation Antiterrorism Officer or Mission Assurance Officer and the installation Public Affairs Office prior to internal use or public release. The Installation Antiterrorism Officer or Mission Assurance Officer may delegate review authority to anyone that has completed Antiterrorism/Force Protection Level-II training. Still and video imagery that is intended solely for command information products or specifically communicating with the internal DoD audience must be marked FOUO and appropriately secured from unintentional public release. Still and video imagery that is intended for public release must be uploaded to the Defense Visual Information Distribution System to ensure proper accessioning to the National Archive and Records Administration.

The documentation of quarantined or infected personnel is only authorized if:

- The imagery does not demonstrate or communicate a reduced ability to execute the DoD mission

- The imagery does not depict undue human suffering

- The imagery does not present a force protection vulnerability

- If DoD, proper use of all PPE and military equipment is ensured

- If quarantined, the subject gives explicit permission to be photographed /OR the photograph is of a large group where identification* is impossible

- If receiving medical care, the subject is not identifiable

- Specifically requested for medical intelligence purposes

*Identifiable is defined as anything greater than a half profile, unique tattoos, or religious affects.

Current Messaging (as of 26 Feb)

· The primary goal of DOD is to preserve the ability of our servicemen and women to provide for national defense and current worldwide military missions.

· We (DOD) are not going to wait for a crisis to develop before we take steps to educate and safeguard our military and civilian personnel and family members in preventing wide spread outbreak.

· Military and civilian personnel will be informed about the COVID-19 and encouraged to prepare as they would for any emergency.

· Preparing now can limit the severity of an outbreak. Informed public participation and cooperation will be needed for effective public health efforts.

· The DoD has been working with our internagency partners to strengthen global detection and response to current and future outbreaks.

· We encourage all DoD personnel to follow the Force Health Protection guidance and supplementals as well as the CDC guidance.

· Commanders of individually affected geographic commands will be issuing specific guidance to their forces.

· CDC has developed guidance to help in the risk assessment and management of people with potential exposures to COVID-19.

· CDC expects that more cases will be reported in the United States, including person-to-person spread.

· Global efforts at this time are focused concurrently on containing spread of and mitigating the impact of this virus.

· The potential public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, both globally and to the United States.

DoD Force Health Protection actions, PA activities and messaging:

• Prior to community transmission.

Commander decisions:

a. Review and update the installation health protection condition (HPCON) framework per DoDI 6200.03 and align with appropriate response measures below.

b. Maximize proportion of workforce that can perform their duties via telework.

c. Identify mission essential personnel who must report to duty during an outbreak.

PA Activities:

a. Begin an aggressive internal communications campaign to inform personnel of the situation, risks, protective actions, and possible changes in routine.

b. Risk communication should be used where personnel are provided the opportunity to interact with officials (i.e., a town hall meeting) and clearly understand the situation. Transparency and trust are key elements of risk communication, but the acceptance of risk becomes an individual decision based on information provided.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dutch media is starting to report that there is ''Fake News'' going around. For example, that the real confirmed cases is 76, instead of the official 18. Or screenshots of several Dutch media reporting more confirmed cases. ''Fake News'', just check the website yourself and see if you can find the article...'' Lol how stupid do they think we are? It has also already been proven they knew about the first 'official' confirmed case atleast a day before they mentioned anything to the public.

2 hospitals are currently shut down. Doesn't make much sense for only 18 cases, right? I think the 75 story may just be right.
Also, the RIVM said certain cases didn't show symptoms then and then, so they weren't infectious, which is an obvious lie.
The RIVM also says the virus isn't really that contagious. Just stay one meter away from people and you're safe!

Hmm.. Who is spreading fake news...

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join