It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
post to follow

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Where did all those stock market insiders from previous parts of the thread go? Please come back! I would be interested in hearing your further take on this developing situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A friend in Bracknell (just outside London) UK has just told me that Vodaphone have sent all their staff home from the offices there....can't provide link...it's only happened a couple of hours ago apparently.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Advantage

Yea, I am doing some data searches, and it’s seems nurses in hospitals are texting friends of corona cases in there hospitals but no reports coming out of the ahem health protection agencies or local news media, that’s what happened here in SRQ YESTURDAY, finally at about 9pm we finally got confirmation of a patient @ doctors hospital, I am also aware of other cases right now in SRQ that they are not reporting.. interesting if they will be acting this way with fatalities as well, just not gonna report it, 🤷‍♂️ I see the potential for lawsuits if there gonna play this like this.

We've been hearing anecdotal testimony about this happening in like a dozen hospitals just from members on ATS posting about friends/family who work in those facilities.

We have to assume that at least some fraction of those stories have merit and there are in fact confirmed cases that are not being publicly confirmed

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well they need to get there act together, we need to know what’s going on, they need to be doing there best in keeping us informed. This is not China.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yea, I am doing some data searches, and it’s seems nurses in hospitals are texting friends of corona cases in there hospitals but no reports coming out of the ahem health protection agencies or local news media, that’s what happened here in SRQ YESTURDAY, finally at about 9pm we finally got confirmation of a patient @ doctors hospital, I am also aware of other cases right now in SRQ that they are not reporting.. interesting if they will be acting this way with fatalities as well, just not gonna report it, 🤷‍♂️ I see the potential for lawsuits if there gonna play this like this.

Why else would all publicly released information need to be filtered through pence in the Whitehouse, they are telling us what they think we need to know, it doesn't fill me with confidence.

link   
State of Arizona just launched a Corona Virus Dashboard. It’s not the greatest looking thing. You can Google it easily.

They have done;

26 Tests
1 confirmed (5th case in US earlier in Feb)
24 negative
1 test pending result

The state can do their own tests. Yay us!

The lab is just across the street from my office.

link   
This isn’t the post you’re looking for.

Move along. Move along.
edit on 2-3-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Double post

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

We Brits tend to be known for the stiff upper lip and muddle on through in a time of crisis. The keep calm and carry on really is true for the Brits and they don't usually make a fuss and plod on like nothing is happening.

I've read stories of those who lived in London during the London bombing raids in the second world war. While different sort of events most locals went back out opened shop and carried on.

It's very common that British people remain resolute and unemotional when faced with adversity.
edit on 02America/Chicagov04pm331 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Summary of latest numbers from Covid19Info.Live:

World-Wide:

• Cases: 89,248
  • Disposed (Deaths & Recoveries): 48,446 (>54% of all confirmed cases so-far)
  • Deaths: 3,048 (~6% of disposed)
  • Recovered: 45,398 (~93% of disposed)

China: (including Hong Kong & Macau)

• Cases: 80,134 (just under 90% of all confirmed cases)
  • Disposed (Deaths & Recoveries): 47,748
  • Deaths: 2,914
  • Recovered: 44,834

Everywhere-Else:

• Cases: 9,114 (just over 10% of all confirmed cases)
  • Disposed (Deaths & Recoveries): 698
  • Deaths: 134
  • Recovered: 564

edit on 2020-3-2 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I just went looking for both toysforadults and Necrose neither have logged in for over a week. You guys still out there?

Edit I see Necrose popped in today

edit on 2-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
PENCE CORONA VIRUS PRESS BRIEFING

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I just went looking for both toysforadults and Necrose neither have logged in for over a week. You guys still out there?

Edit I see Necrose popped in today

We don't necesssarily need everyone back.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

We've been hearing anecdotal testimony about this happening in like a dozen hospitals just from members on ATS posting about friends/family who work in those facilities.

We have to assume that at least some fraction of those stories have merit and there are in fact confirmed cases that are not being publicly confirmed
Yes, agreed absolutely, we must assume some merit is due to the idea. Without going much further into it, my personal contacts from Kirkland, Wa and my own experience at work today indicate there are certainly cases yet unreported, or not being reported at all.

Why ? I have no clue. ... well... actually I have a clue:

consider the fact that there is a ton of money in this region, Seattle, Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond, Its Boing, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and a ton of other money here, lots of tech, lotta rich people with lawyers, A Lot. So one explanation besides an evil global cover up is simply rich people covering their a$$e$, pay to stay hidden. Idunno. Fear of getting shunned at work and in the neighborhood? Idunno.
edit on 3/2/2020 by Lr103 because: forgot a key sentence.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Where did all those stock market insiders from previous parts of the thread go? Please come back! I would be interested in hearing your further take on this developing situation.

I don't think this was pumping, but I also don't believe last week's selling was purely driven by fear. Manufacturing took a massive hit in February with China shut down. No supply equals no sales equals no profits equals lower valued stock. Over the weekend it was learned that China is now manning many factories with Uigher prisoners, so manufacturing will start up again on their end. That was good news at least until the rest of China gets their feet back under them and normal staffing at manufacturing facilities can resume. Also in play with the market today is anticipation of an emergency FED meeting some point this week, lowering rates.

The pumpers don't pump yields up, and today we finally saw the 10 year yield go up, albeit slightly... that's a good sign, but we need it to go up a LOT more before we can say the fear is off the table. As I said last week, uncertainty is death to investors... Acts like China wisely getting their plants up and running again and the FED taking temporary action calm uncertainty. I'll also go ahead and say the prevailing idea that this Coronavirus has been in the US spreading in the community for 6 weeks actually should be viewed as reassuring in a twisted way. All the experts are still saying the standard incubation period is 3-12 days from exposure, which means most all of the Americans who were exposed to is the first month it was here fought it off without major disruptions. Those with underlying health complications obviously have a tougher row to hoe, but if you get right down to brass tacks isn't that sort of the norms of life on Earth? In every species on this planet, disease and illnesses have evolved to prey on the weak, leading to the doctrine of Survival of the Fittest. Emotional investing, both buying and selling, is a recipe for failure... Wall Street had a panic last week and may well have shaken it out of their system and, absolutely, if they're viewing this as "OK, China's back in business, the FED will act if needed, and the majority of those who will fall to this are already likely not contributing heavily to the overall economy" then they're going to start buying stocks again, especially considering how oversold the markets were last week.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A few pages back I think a few people were wondering who/how old the latest person was that died in Washington
He was in his 40s apparently at the Evergreen Health in Kirkland.
twitter.com...

I had a look at a map of Washington (not from the USA!) and can see it is close to the other cases in Snohomish.
Then saw this

Kirkland, Washington: "Some of our [27] firefighters in quarantine are demonstrating flu like symptoms."

twitter.com...
I was just wondering why do so many firefighters (maybe) have it? Did they attend the nursing home? And why would they? Is that normal procedure? Or is this from community spread?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

They transported the infected:

Officials in Kirkland and Redmond have confirmed that all fire department personnel who assisted in transporting the infected patients will be monitored for signs of the virus for two weeks.

"Out of an abundance of caution, firefighters that were involved in patient care have been placed under quarantine," said Kellie Stickney, a City of Kirkland spokesperson.

In Redmond, city officials said all seven involved firefighters were asymptomatic, but would stay in quarantine as directed by King County Public Health.

"We have identified all firefighters who came in contact with the patients that tested positive for the virus," a city spokesperson said. "These firefighters have been removed from service and will be quarantined for 14 days, based upon the Health Department's recommendation."

Kirkland, Redmond Firefighters Monitored For Signs Of Coronavirus

Knock on effects now say that this fire department is short handed and will have to borrow from nearby agencies should an emergency arrive leaving those agencies potentially short handed, etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm watching the White House press briefing and getting the impression they are laying the groundwork today for greater measures coming soon. They emphasized that Washington and California account for most of the cases and that there will be clusters there soon. It felt as if they are trying to position so that when they do lockdown some areas people in other areas are supportive of that decision because its perceived as a west coast problem that needs to be contained.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Also just a little update from the UK

A change of pace when watching Sky news - they had an interactive map with stats from China and the WHO on the rate of infection - much higher than the flu. There seems to be a more serious tone in the press - and talk of panic buying. But at the same time there is also very bad advice being dolled out on tv - talk show crap where people are still wondering if they should go on holiday and the advice is 'yes, don't worry' . So there is a disconnect between the fear growing with reported worldwide coverage and the actual advice and interviews shown here if that makes sense.
Basically told to carry on as normal but wash our hands regularly...

Also what is funny is that the general masses are still asking ''the higher ups' what to do - should I go on holiday, should i do this or that - they can't seem to make the decision themselves. Of course the answer is NO - not right now you pleb.
I'm frustrated because there is a lot of information out there now about this but people seem to just accept the basic narrative on tv and don't delve deeper at all.
Thank god for this forum!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ah right
Hoping they are starting to roll out full PPE for first responders
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join