It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: pasiphae

It’s them old timers in the nursing home, worst case scenario, for them.. 😕 it’s sad news there will probably be more from there.

Those places are filthy and the workers arent taught proper handling of biohaz. They track things into rooms and its like a petri dish. There arent enough people em[ployed by nursing homes ever it seems. Theyve exposed a lot of peripheral people if they havent been handling the medical waste properly. It would be impossible to adequately quarantine in a nursing home.. or give the kind of specialized care to the criticals. Not enough qualified people.
That all is such a nightmare...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

BREAKING: The CDC has stopped disclosing the number of Americans tested for coronavirus. On the left is how the website looked last night. On the right is what it looks like now, with the testing info removed. The lack of testing is a scandal.

Hmmmm. 🤔 blackout on information...

TWITTER

Also 1100 plus day for the Dow Jones 🚨 truth is indeed stranger than fiction, in 2020.

I have 2 other suspected cases in one of my local hospital also atm. They are clamping down on revealing cases... technically I don’t think they are suspected I think they are being gagged..

... and the gag descends.

Maybe it's because the individual states are doing the testing now and not the CDC? But it's all ultimately reported back to the CDC so they should still be posting those #'s. Who knows. Also, I heard that Mike Pence is giving a press conference early this evening. I feel like they always say the same thing though. Don't wear masks, wash your hands, it's all good, nothing to see here, yada, yada, yada.
edit on 2/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It’s them old timers in the nursing home, worst case scenario, for them.. 😕 it’s sad news there will probably be more from there.

Those places are filthy and the workers arent taught proper handling of biohaz. They track things into rooms and its like a petri dish. There arent enough people em[ployed by nursing homes ever it seems. Theyve exposed a lot of peripheral people if they havent been handling the medical waste properly. It would be impossible to adequately quarantine in a nursing home.. or give the kind of specialized care to the criticals. Not enough qualified people.

I was surprised they say they have 180 staff & 108 patients there

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

Thats a good amount actually. I love to be wrong in those instances! However, that wont be enough with that amount of ill.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

BREAKING: The CDC has stopped disclosing the number of Americans tested for coronavirus. On the left is how the website looked last night. On the right is what it looks like now, with the testing info removed. The lack of testing is a scandal.

Hmmmm. 🤔 blackout on information...

TWITTER

Also 1100 plus day for the Dow Jones 🚨 truth is indeed stranger than fiction, in 2020.

I have 2 other suspected cases in one of my local hospital also atm. They are clamping down on revealing cases... technically I don’t think they are suspected I think they are being gagged..

... and the gag descends.

Maybe it's because the individual states are doing the testing now and not the CDC? But it's all ultimately reported back to the CDC so they should still be posting those #'s. Who knows. Also, I heard that Mike Pence is giving a press conference early this evening. I feel like they always say the same thing though. Don't wear masks, wash your hands, it's all good, nothing to see here, yada, yada, yada.

States dont have their own test kits.. they are given to the state in limited quantities.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thats a good amount actually. I love to be wrong in those instances! However, that wont be enough with that amount of ill.

Definitely won't be enough when half of the staff ends up infected.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Definitely won't be enough when half of the staff ends up infected.

Id bet a few bucks they already are... and their family.. and the kids who go to school and the church they go to.. and whatever else..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
We should have shut everything down. Stopped All travel. Allowed it to burn out, but likely it was already marching it’s invisible way across the globe before we could of stopped it even with those measures.

That might make sense for something like Ebola, that has an extremely high death rate even for young and healthy people.

It just doesn't make sense to destroy your economy for something like this.

Of course, that assumes that by 'this', I mean a particularly nasty flu-like (I know it isn't the flu) virus, that has a pretty low risk of death for the vast majority of people.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Once again, as has been stated numerous times, this is NOT a political thread. Please stop bringing partisan politics into this. They have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the spread of this virus. President Trump has nothing to do with it nor did he say the epidemic was a hoax. Please stop spreading false narratives in here on top of the political spew.

So.. the Trump administration shouldn't be discussed at all in regards to this crisis? I agree that unnecessary political talk should be left at the door. But the government is intimately involved in how this crisis is managed, and it is ludicrous to say that we shouldn't bring up the administration (or Trump), or second - that they are beyond criticism.

I'd be all for another thread discussing the government management of the crisis I guess - but I don't think the topic should be shunned just because fans of Trump might become offended that someone dare criticize the response to the virus.

To be more clear - their day to day decisions can impact U.S. citizens, from how they do their jobs, how much it will cost to fight this virus and more. So.. no, I don't think talking about government management of this should be taboo.
edit on 2-3-2020 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Okay. Now that the New York Stock Exchange has closed and the DOW finished strong at over 1100 points positive, didn't I read that on Friday they were going to inject funds into the stock market to help it out? So, how much of the gains today were actual stock market GAINS and how much of it was pumped up air? Is there any way of finding out?

Artificial, remember the stock market is an illusion of value, technically there is no measure of value in these imaginary markets.

True dat!

I was hinting at that when I made my post. I figured it would have to close at least a 1000 points to the good if it was being "pumped" up, because a four-figure increase works better psychologically.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

There is a covid-19 general discussion thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

just fyi talking about the governments response is not the same as crapping all over the president. we get it you dont like the president, but its not helping at all, let it go

link   
Whelp.. it just got real. Catholic Church says no communion wine at mass.

link   
Yeah it is a bad attitude
I spoke to good friend in the NHS today and she feels it will be tough here due to people's selfish attitude. People in the UK are less likely to comply with quarantine orders, ignore self isolation (unless it's under guard!) and won't take it seriously.

a reply to: KingDoey

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Now New Hampshire.

1st Confirmed Case of Coronavirus in NH

tate health officials announced the first case of coronavirus in New Hampshire on Monday morning.

Dr. Benjamin Chan, New Hampshire state epidemiologist, said at a press conference that one of the four people being tested for coronavirus came back positive. That person had recently traveled to Italy.

Chan said the person who tested positive is an adult from Grafton County in the northwestern part of the state. They are not sick enough to be hospitalized but are on home isolation.

Local

Source

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Ah, I didn't realize that. It's very hard to disseminate what they're all saying on tv sometimes. Thank you for your earlier post BTW, very interesting to read.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Weren't the stock markets in China also "pumped" up for two or three days? I don't quite remember that exact number of days. Whoever is doing the inflating here in the US, how much money have they got to work with and for how many days will it last before they run out and the stock market starts dropping again?

Edit to add:
I read that the stock market here in the US was plummeting because of corona virus fears. Well, are the "fears" (actual cases and deaths), subsiding or increasing? If, as it looks like the spread is increasing here in the States and that's what affected the markets last week, shouldn't it eventually continue to affect the stock market in this negative way?
edit on 2-3-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo and added one afterthought.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

Ah, I didn't realize that. It's very hard to disseminate what they're all saying on tv sometimes. Thank you for your earlier post BTW, very interesting to read.
Welcome.
Yeah I have a hard time with the TV double talk.. I usually have to read whats going on instead.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: texasgirl
I just got home from work, switched on the tv, and was preparing my lunch when Fox news said SIX deaths and EIGHTY confirmed cases. Did I hear that right?

What happened while I was away? Is this true? Haven't had a chance to go back a dozen pages to find out yet..

I"m also in TX.. I went to the store and came home to that news. I was like SERIOUSLY, I just went to the store and I come home to all kinds of new crazy news. I was only gone for an hour. HEB wasn't that busy but I took pics of some of the shelves. Kinda made me laugh at some of the things being bought.

The Kroger in Allen was really busy. Lines to check out. I stopped by there on my way home from work and saw people buying lots of water. On Friday, in Frisco, the Walmart there was almost out of Spam. Saw a ton of toilet paper flying off the shelves. That was very strange to see.

People really ARE stocking up now.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yea, I am doing some data searches, and it’s seems nurses in hospitals are texting friends of corona cases in there hospitals but no reports coming out of the ahem health protection agencies or local news media, that’s what happened here in SRQ YESTURDAY, finally at about 9pm we finally got confirmation of a patient @ doctors hospital, I am also aware of other cases right now in SRQ that they are not reporting.. interesting if they will be acting this way with fatalities as well, just not gonna report it, 🤷‍♂️ I see the potential for lawsuits if there gonna play this like this.

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join