It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Just info. Its (stem cell therapy) not always feasible. It couldnt be applied across the board like a vaccine can... with acceptable failure rates.

Stem Cell.. Promise and Perils

Until now...

Short takeaway is, no risk of transmission of disease, no risk of rejection, more effective than Stem Cells from bone marrow.

From the linked page:

"Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived from Wharton’s Jelly

The results of the data analysis showed the properties of mesenchymal stem cells derived from Wharton’s jelly exceed those of stem cells derived from bone marrow and adipose tissue. HUCT-MSCs have been shown to reduce inflammation, modulate the immune system, and repair damaged tissue.

HUCT-MSCs proliferate and differentiate more efficiently and effectively than cells found in bone marrow and adipose tissue, and umbilical cord tissue is a more abundant source of mesenchymal stem cells than the blood of the umbilical cord.

Mesenchymal stem cells from the umbilical cord have immunosuppressors and immunomodulatory properties that allow their use in any individual without rejection. The cells do not express HLA-DR the antigen responsible for rejection."

There is a clinic here in Atlanta that uses these, I got a quote, not too expensive (under $10k for about 3 injections), but as you said, insurance doesn't pay... yet...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The infamous FEMA CAMPS ARE COMING..............

www.nbcnews.com... Hfegs

www.nbcnews.com... Hfegs
edit on 2-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

I'm on the opposite side of the country in New England and nothing is selling out from what i can tell other than N95 masks at the Home Depots and CVS. Grocery store seems as stocked as usual however I will say I can't remember a time that I've seen so many co-workers and family members coming down with the flu and nasty colds. Luckily it will be spring soon and people won't be in close-quarters indoors as much but that also inevitably means more spreading if this thing hits our locale (or is already here)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
3 Year old child has tested positive in Nice apparently.
From the 20minutes live feed.

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : And European Parliament is suspending all "Visits" which I take to be external visits, for Three weeks.
edit on 2-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit2 Also :
First cases reported in Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Latvia
We're up to 75 Countries/ regions affected
edit on 2-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That’s some expensive rice out there, especially when most of it is grown in NorCal. Here in the south it’s $8.00 for 20# bag.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
The infamous FEMA CAMPS ARE COMING..............

www.nbcnews.com... Hfegs

Sure went quickly from "sealed off almost completely" and "15 cases, soon to be 0" - to FEMA emergency declarations.

I only hope that the WH knew full well the gravity of the situation when making those ridiculous statements, and didn't actually believe that to be true - and was only trying to stem panic (or more likely help the market).

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: elitegamer23
My 65 year old mom works in an ER at a university hospital. Quit being such a troll and acting like people shouldn’t worry about this virus. I respect your Opinions, but it’s hard to take you serious when you say silly things.

Silly things? Like... we ... just ... don't ... know?

Seriously... what did I say that was silly?

Yeah we all will die someday, does that mean You should go jump in front of a train? No it doesn’t.

Nor does it mean we should run around yelling at people not to go jumping in front of trains (seriously, what you just said is just as silly as that).

Why are you offended by rational, reasonable reactions to what is not going to be, for the vast majority, a serious problem? If it is because your Mom is in the high risk category - welcome to the club. Mine is too.

I think she means silly, as in silly for acting like a parrot.

But... we... just... don't know!
edit on 2-3-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
That’s some expensive rice out there, especially when most of it is grown in NorCal. Here in the south it’s $8.00 for 20# bag.

Yeah I've been seeing the prices others on here have been quoting for things like 50lb bags of rice and I'm over here in shock. Ours better be some damn nice rice!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

how would the country react if trump came out and said " your all f****ed, were all gonna die" i dont think that would be very helpful either. of course half the country wouldnt listen to anything he says cause they think he is evil.. that solves nothing

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder...

One of my neighbors is a "close talker". He gets right up in my bubble and talks to my forehead. Im short. Anyway, I wonder if I could assume that was life threatening and kick him in the nuts or stab him or something. Not fatally.. Id miss his liver and spleen. Do something. Summer is coming and Il lbe outside and he will come to say high in my bubble to my forehead breathing virus all over me.

Social etiquette is going to take a huge hit in plague era 2020's.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Eat a raw garlic, sardines, and limburger cheese before he speaks to you, hot air rises, so your breath will carry the stench up his nose, curling the nose hairs and pushing him well back from you.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A little thing on Asymptomatic Carriers ...

Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19

A familial cluster of 5 patients with COVID-19 pneumonia in Anyang, China, had contact before their symptom onset with an asymptomatic family member who had traveled from the epidemic center of Wuhan. The sequence of events suggests that the coronavirus may have been transmitted by the asymptomatic carrier. The incubation period for patient 1 was 19 days, which is long but within the reported range of 0 to 24 days.4 Her first RT-PCR result was negative; false-negative results have been observed related to the quality of the kit, the collected sample, or performance of the test. RT-PCR has been widely deployed in diagnostic virology and has yielded few false-positive outcomes.5 Thus, her second RT-PCR result was unlikely to have been a false-positive and was used to define infection with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

One previous study reported an asymptomatic 10-year-old boy with COVID-19 infection, but he had abnormalities on chest CT.6 If the findings in this report of presumed transmission by an asymptomatic carrier are replicated, the prevention of COVID-19 infection would prove challenging. The mechanism by which asymptomatic carriers could acquire and transmit the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 requires further study.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: malektaus

how would the country react if trump came out and said " your all f****ed, were all gonna die" i dont think that would be very helpful either. of course half the country wouldnt listen to anything he says cause they think he is evil.. that solves nothing

Um.. there is a middle ground between "Everything is under control!" and "You are all going to die!" you know. How about this for an intelligent, measured response from the Singapore PM:

Was our conference anything like this? No.. it was a bad joke. And the other tweets and videos of Trump basically saying everything was 100% under control were pathetic - and a danger to American citizens.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Eat a raw garlic, sardines, and limburger cheese before he speaks to you, hot air rises, so your breath will carry the stench up his nose, curling the nose hairs and pushing him well back from you.

HAHA!! My husband said something similar.. and less elegantly.

I dont know what it is with those close talkers.. I just want to yell GET OUT OF MY BUBBLE DAMMIT! But I do try to show I have a few social graces once in a while and not assault the neighbors. This is the same guy who is pretty overweight and wore a skin tight morph suit... fleshtone... for halloween. I almost had a heart attack grabbing kids and shielding eyes..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Yeah, when we saw asymptomatic cases CT scans they still showed abnormalities. No symptoms.. but the chest xrays and CTs showed the evidence that they were infected. I posted this on the last thread. Also, people who test negative and later test positive SHOWED THE ABNORMALITIES on the chest scans. They tested neg.. so were not quarantined.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'd borrow / paraphrase from an old Clint Eastwood line, and inject into the "conversation" with something like ...

I just want to say one thing. Your mouthwash ain't cutting-it.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
I'd borrow / paraphrase from an old Clint Eastwood line, and inject into the "conversation" with something like ...

I just want to say one thing. Your mouthwash ain't cutting-it.

HAHA!!!

These things will flood my mind next time he talks to my forehead. I only pray I can harness my tongue. LOL!

This guy.. same one when they legalized mj here for recreational use.. he had a big party.. and handed it out. LOL! Hes a good neighbor.. even if hes a close talker nutball.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: malektaus

Yeah. I actually would listen then...

Again, sd123456 has gone on to make us all a General Conversation thread. A lot of us could head over there for this kinda banter. I encourage it, as “Storm Mode” approaches and we need this for updates and links.
Thank you in advance, and again to the OPs!
edit on 2-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We’re ready for stockpiling apparently in the UK. Good to know.

The Guardian

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That's why I thinking;

• Many people are asymptomatic carriers and we don't really know how many. For all I known, included my wife recently returning from China (more than 21 days ago in her case, now out-and-about in public).
  • For all I know, I may be an asymptomatic carrier as well, and I only stayed-home from work (per work instructions) for 3 weeks. Now back to work, and never really fully self-quarantined when I was working from home (i.e. went to run ocassional errands like groceries, pharmacy, etc.). Presumably, I'm not the only one like that either.
  • Even if asymptomatic carriers are a small minority of those exposed, the exponential expansion means thousands (if not 10's of thousands) of us potential asymptomatic carriers out in the world. So, definately not "contained".
  • Finding-out what % of those exposed become asymptomatic carriers should be a big deal.
  • Maybe not something to panic about, but give-up on the idea of travel-bans and "lock-downs" containing this thing. It's already out there. Travel-bans and "lock-downs" and such are probably just hampering efforts to treat the sick and further understand the problem.

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join