It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
With regards to honest numbers from honest countries. I believe Japan was giving honest numbers, but I wonder if they have changed their minds. I believe South Korea are giving honest numbers, their testing capacity and tracking has been fantastic, if a little scary.

I believe Hong Kong were giving real numbers, but then there was a change in their higher-ups and their data dropped off to fit with the rest of China's very odd *cough*manufactured*cough* data. They're trying to prevent panic so I can't really blame them for this. Their system is what it is, and a big part of survival is your frame of mind.

But based on my figures Hong Kong should be on at least 5k confirmed today, with at least 5 times that unconfirmed, and many many more asymptomatic or only just infected (they are on 96).

Any news or sources coming out of China? Most manpower and resources were being diverted to Wuhan, but now these may be recalled to help all over. Could something of this scale really be kept quiet?
edit on 2-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I said it is not - from the evidence we have even now - something to fear.

Tell that to the 3,000 humans who have died. With more to follow in no time.

I don’t care about how many people died from icicles or hippos, as like you to distract with irrelevant statistics. All that I know is people over 70 , people with compromised health, and anyone else can be afraid of this virus.

How many young doctors and nurses have died on the job in China? You love googling statistics.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
a reply to: tanstaafl

The death rate is not the real problem here.

I totally agree, and this is what I've been saying.

Panic caused by unreasonable fear-mongering is the real problem here.

Well there is reason to fear it.. theres not reason to panic. A little fear of a thing with so many unknowns is normal.. and I think pretty healthy. Added to that we are on ATS.. we are of a mind. LOL!

My greatest concerns are already blown out of the barn... the spread and infection ease. The death rates are really not my issue and never have been. The MSM and elsewhere gets you all trained to be concerned with it alone. If folks arent dropping in the streets en mass then you should go to work, make money, buy buy buy.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

On our list of risk factors and preexisting conditions and comorbidity list it includes...

Diabetes
Pregnancy
high blood pressure
ANY cardiac or cardiovascular disease
Liver or Kidney disease or dysfunction
I cant recall them all.. these were toward the top of the list.

I mean you dont have to be on deaths door. These are more common complaints in the population. Pregnancy is .. erm.. common Id say.

We got our lists between the CDC and the ACEP clinical alerts.

Don't forget Asthma

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

I said it is not - from the evidence we have even now - something to fear.

I don’t care about how many people died from icicles or hippos, as like you to distract with irrelevant statistics. All that I know is people over 70 , people with compromised health, and anyone else can be afraid of this virus.

How many young doctors and nurses have died on the job in China? You love googling statistics.

For me, the dead are not where I can work. I cant prevent the dead from being dead.. so it makes sense for me to focus attention on keeping the living alive.
I am ALWAYS accused of being callous or etc. Even in the ER. Im just good in a "situation".. and its not that I dont actually care.. its that I know I can personally do no more for the dead.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

On our list of risk factors and preexisting conditions and comorbidity list it includes...

Diabetes
Pregnancy
high blood pressure

I mean you dont have to be on deaths door. These are more common complaints in the population. Pregnancy is .. erm.. common Id say.

Don't forget Asthma

Last I heard the WHO doesnt want asthma, allergies, or COPD on the risk list.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Am I wrong or were you the one making light of the situation in part one?

Define 'making light'. I never said it wouldn't come here, and I never said it wouldn't have an impact.

I said it is not - from the evidence we have even now - something to fear, just to be informed and aware of, and take responsibility for our loved ones most at risk.

If I am wrong about that, I am sorry for the mistake. If not, I am happy to see you have come around and now taking things seriously. Be prepared and be safe. My mother is 85, and I worry about her too.

I haven't changed my view of this at all.

I think it may not have been you. My apologies. I recall someone making stupid statements, but looking at some of your posts from part one, it looks like I mistook you for that member.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Am I wrong or were you the one making light of the situation in part one?

Define 'making light'. I never said it wouldn't come here, and I never said it wouldn't have an impact.

I said it is not - from the evidence we have even now - something to fear, just to be informed and aware of, and take responsibility for our loved ones most at risk.

If I am wrong about that, I am sorry for the mistake. If not, I am happy to see you have come around and now taking things seriously. Be prepared and be safe. My mother is 85, and I worry about her too.

I haven't changed my view of this at all.

I think it may not have been you. My apologies. I recall someone making stupid statements, but looking at some of your posts from part one, it looks like I mistook you for that member.

You lack of avatar people confuse me.. I have a talent of remembering numbers and etc. I can do license plates, stat, etc.. but give me a plain grey with no avatar and just a name.... and your like a fuzzy blob of people in my brain.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

Diabetes
Pregnancy
high blood pressure

Don't forget Asthma

Last I heard the WHO doesnt want asthma, allergies, or COPD on the risk list.

I do think that's odd... But then again it's the WHO. They wouldn't want people realising that the kid next door, or even your own kid is at risk, or you.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's not really the people panicking that worries me.... it's the healthcare system getting overwhelmed in a few weeks. Unless this thing has mutated to cause less illness there are going to be a lot of people needing hospital care. Even if you survive (which is most of us)... lots of people are going to have symptoms bad enough to warrant weeks in the hospital. The US is not prepared for that and lots of hospital workers are going to get sick. We've already seen mishandling in CA which wound up putting nurses in quarantine. Hospitals so far have not been preparing (maybe they are now??). Even just today there's video of EMS arriving at the nursing home and they are NOT putting on hazmat suits.

I'm just hoping it's getting weaker.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This actually happened a few days ago.. the IEMA and CDC and Homeland all communicate. But here.. now its news. The numbers you get arent the real numbers. Mainly because it would be impossible to give a minute by minute. More are exposed, infected, and sick than are reported in the news and shared. Like I said, its nto the death rate.. its the infection rate. The ease. The massive amount of folks who cant work or etc and need specialized care all at once andwe simply dont have the room for everyone. Much less the supplies and specialized workforce.

FEMA

ETA

An emergency declaration would allow FEMA to provide disaster medical assistance teams, mobile hospitals and military transport, among other kinds of federal support, Manning said.

edit on 2-3-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Six more cases in Toronto:

www.toronto.ca...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have contacted the governor of Colorado, Jared Polis and provided information and contact information about the stem cell therapy.
I have asked that Vice President Mike Pence who is leading the task force on Corona Virus for the country.
To be honest this is intimidating but it is the right thing to do.

With more people becoming ill, more dying and the damaged lungs and organs of survivors it is critical that hope is given and that production can be ramped in a meaningful way.

I reiterated that big pharma needs to focus on the vaccine for prevention and stem cell therapy for treatment purposes.

If we can get this information out and into the hands of the right people it will be because of all the people who have posted about this on this forum. The collective of many minds from many different perspectives. Everyone contributing.

I have followed from day 1

Thank you! I mean that.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just FYI..

A gov has to declare a state of emergency and then that releases different funds. They also have to make requests for FEMA and federal aid.. and release of federal funds, stockpile , stuff like that. If we wait for states to do that.. then we are put in a Katrina situation.. where the Gov doesnt follow protocol and people suffer for their hesitation or ignorance of the protocol to get federal aid. If The President declares the emergency.. it releases FEMA and federal aid across the board. Thast so people in individual states in micro blooms dont suffer needlessly.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Just FYI..

A gov has to declare a state of emergency and then that releases different funds. They also have to make requests for FEMA and federal aid.. and release of federal funds, stockpile , stuff like that. If we wait for states to do that.. then we are put in a Katrina situation.. where the Gov doesnt follow protocol and people suffer for their hesitation or ignorance of the protocol to get federal aid. If The President declares the emergency.. it releases FEMA and federal aid across the board. Thast so people in individual states in micro blooms dont suffer needlessly.

Here's a link. I was gonna post but you beat me to it
www.nbcnews.com... pjjwAGikd-mLEo3B09rLU

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
"I said it is not - from the evidence we have even now - something to fear.

Fear will not help anyone who is at risk, any more than it will help those who are at extremely low risk.

Is that or is that not a fact?

But ok, maybe I could/should have said 'irrational fear that leads to panic', since that is really what I meant. A little fear can be very healthy thing.

Or, they can respect it, and do what they deem necessary to prevent exposure as much as possible.

One guarantee that I can give, we are all going to die, some day.

I don't know.

How certain are you that what they are dying of is the same bug?

Again... we ... just ... don't ... know.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Just FYI..

Here's a link. I was gonna post but you beat me to it
www.nbcnews.com... pjjwAGikd-mLEo3B09rLU

People will get all pissy about it.. but will learn perhaps FEMA is helpful and those mobile ICUs and "camps" arent so bad.. when youre experiencing true air hunger and need to be intubated to breathe, organ failure, and etc.... your outlook changes id think. WIth this sort of response I think our death rate will be "low". I mean its going to be terrible, but it will be low compared to lets say.. when it hits Kenya.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I work for a student travel group, now is the season for my work, I pick up 50 american or canadian students from an airport (with some teachers) and take them around europe, visiting paris,rome,madrid,amsterdam. basically everywhere in Europe and we visit the vatican,the louvre etc.
I have 5 tours booked and there are 100 Tour directors that work for this company, who also have anywhere unto 10 tours (each one lasts a week-10 days) we are one of 4-5 companies that offer this service and this starts around spring break!
i am seriously thinking of cancelling as I have a cupboard full of food and a large garden here in Rural portugal, but this is going to be a contamination tour of thousands of tourists.
It is unstoppable!
even if the virus is only a killer for the sick or old . the younger or healthy types can help spread it, therefore increase the contagion numbers and therefore increase the panic.....more quarantines, more panic shelf emptying .................. its a cluster # and its coming to a city near you

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join