It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

They are saying you can get the virus from 'anyone' at this point

I agree. It started in China and more Chinese are affected than other nations at this time. This is Pandemic, we will all most likely encounter it at some stage. I don't like the numbers but that is what they are saying.
edit on 23-2-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Death toll has risen to 18 already in Iran:

english.alarabiya.net...

The death toll from the deadly coronavirus rose to 18 in Iran on Sunday, reported Al Arabiya citing Iranian sources. The Iranian government confirmed two more deaths on Sunday, putting their total to eight, but Al Arabiya sources put the number initally at 18 and then at “more than 15.” The country is the first in the Middle East where people have died from the deadly coronavirus, which began in the Chinese city of Wuhan but continues to spread across the world

Protests against the Iranian government’s handling of the outbreak broke out in the northern city of Talash, according to video footage on Sunday morning. Protesters gathered in front of the Noorani Hospital of Talesh country in Gilan Province, northern Iran, on Saturday night.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

The wind is carrying it now all over the place.... possibly?

Also birds might be carrying it??

I don't know about those... I think it's mostly people who carry it.

Countries were to slow to respond to the beginning of this outbreak and ppl carried it everywhere, ppl without symptoms who spread it around.

I hate it when I hear everyone say that the deaths are in the expected age group! That age group are our parents and grandparents! I might get it and not feel a thing, meanwhile give it to my mother and she might die from it, being in the 'age group'.... I do not want that on my conscious.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
14 days is too short of incubation period but its too late as people have been let out already after their stay in isolation. Symptoms can take upto a month to show. I think this news has been posted already but just want to back it up.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A Chinese pensioner who took 27 days to show coronavirus symptoms has sparked fears that a 14-day quarantine is two weeks too short. The 70-year-old man was infected with the killer virus in China's Hubei Province and showed symptoms nearly four weeks later, the local government said on Saturday. He drove to Shennongjia, in north-western Hubei, from eastern Ezhou, where he had close contact with his sister, who had been infected, on January 24, according to the Hubei government website.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Yeah but you say its popping up in areas where no person had been to china or had contact with anyone who had been to china?

That's what they say and if thats the case then the virus is spreading some other way and I can only think of wind and birds/bats

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

14 days is too short of incubation period but its too late as people have been let out already after their stay in isolation. Symptoms can take upto a month to show. I think this news has been posted already but just want to back it up.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A Chinese pensioner who took 27 days to show coronavirus symptoms has sparked fears that a 14-day quarantine is two weeks too short. The 70-year-old man was infected with the killer virus in China's Hubei Province and showed symptoms nearly four weeks later, the local government said on Saturday. He drove to Shennongjia, in north-western Hubei, from eastern Ezhou, where he had close contact with his sister, who had been infected, on January 24, according to the Hubei government website.

On record is 42 days since being infected. This is not good.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
8 news cases in Hokkaido, Japan. Now 26 people just in Hokkaido are infected that we know of. 2 schools are also closed elsewhere in Japan. People are now beginning to worry a bit about taking the subways.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Another death from the Princess Diamond. 80 yrs old. Reported by BNO.
Everytime I get a notification now I'm like what the... happened now. So many people on that ship were old so it's going to hurt that demographic. And yes they were old but they were well enough to jet off on an extended holiday so not infirm.

Also Israel has banned travel from most East Asian countries. It's only Sunday folks. We need a day of rest.

No announcement from our good leader Boris Cummings here in the UK

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Just checked the weather in Talesh, Iran and it looks very mild there mid teens Celsius. I think that puts to bed any case of spring killing this thing off. Maybe it'll die off in the summer??

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Next time someone sings the praises of the "WHO" (world health organization) realize they are now a puppet of China and so corrupt that the international body realizes they are just about nonredeemable. youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Just checked the weather in Talesh, Iran and it looks very mild there mid teens Celsius. I think that puts to bed any case of spring killing this thing off. Maybe it'll die off in the summer??

Yes but Summer in one hemisphere is winter in another....

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

www.dailymail.co.uk...

On record is 42 days since being infected. This is not good.

Re-infection, that’s fake news.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
a reply to: Kenzo

The problem in Europe atm is that we are getting new confirmed infections every day with no link to China. I's not about the death count. They are saying you can get the virus from 'anyone' at this point and they don't have a clue where the next cluster is brewing. Taking border measures, canceling flights, etc... all became useless.

IMO, and on a local scale, when I see these virologists panicking, you better take their word for it and believe this is getting into Europe fast and the spread is out of control.
And this is just the stuff that gets out in the media. Makes you wonder what we don't know ...

Well it`s been in Europe allready Weeks, In UK, Portugal etc...

Ok i get it that it`s not about the death count...but somehow i feel like the word pandemic is hyped in this instance .

Some ATS members might even had allready this corona but dont even know it, becouse it can be mild flu .

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

WHO : Wuhan Health Organization

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

she might die from it, being in the 'age group'

Yeah she might... being aware of the risks gives some chance with fighting it with things like diet and health care. Helped my Father down that road, take it one day at a time helps. At this time about 20% gets hit hard with the elderly exposed on the first wave of this stuff.

I want to say it is going to be ok and it will all work out. If we are still here six months from now then hopefully we are over the worst of it. At this time I am thinking about 18 months for it all to stabilize and things to pick up again.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Ok i get it that it`s not about the death count...but somehow i feel like the word pandemic is hyped in this instance . Some ATS members might even had allready this corona but dont even know it, becouse it can be mild flu .

Agree with your comments about the flu and its statistics. The way I see it, the problem when it comes to this virus is:
1) It's new so we don't know what will happen - full scope of what this virus is capable of will be available only after it's run its course. Right now, it's still an open book with pages ready to be written.
2) New unknowns cause panic and errant reactions. This might cause situations where there might be unrest, erratic behavior by the authorities or breaks in supply chains.

So, for me, it makes sense to be slowly preparing for....not an apocalypse but a situation where, due to various reasons, people would have to stay indoors for a week or two, and doing your best to exercise strict hygiene standards at home and at work.

Also, if there's any good that could come out of this situation (always does), one of these things would be that hopefully many people will realize how easily they can get infected by microorganisms, not only this virus. And maybe, just maybe, they will look at their personal hygiene standards and keep on improving them. That always helps.

This pandemic is a good reminder that we're far from having any sort of control over microorganisms that inhabit this planet with us, ant these microorganisms could get loose and wreak havoc on us any time.
edit on 23-2-2020 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Just means it's passed enough times between local people they can no longer track it directly back to the China related source due to too many variables. Its "in the wild". Not to say bats can't spread it or the wind, to an extent.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Apparently the quarantined area in Italy has around 50,000 people. Nobody in or out. One wonders about needed supplies for those people.

Bloomberg

Cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
over 100 now in Italy.

Italy coronavirus cases rise to more than 100 - regional chief

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The number of cases of coronavirus in Italy continued to rise on Sunday after the government passed a series of emergency measures to limit the spread of the outbreak in Europe's most affected country. The governor of Italy's northern Lombardy region Attilio Fontana said certified cases of the illness in his area had risen to 89 from 54 a day earlier, bringing the total number in the country to more than 100. In an emergency decree approved late on Saturday, the government adopted special powers to be able to stop people leaving or entering the worst impacted zones. The measures were introduced just hours after two people died from the virus in the north of the country.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Just means it's passed enough times between local people they can no longer track it directly back to the China related source due to too many variables. Its "in the wild". Not to say bats can't spread it or the wind, to an extent.

ok, thats what I figured but people in this thread hae said the virus is popping up without anyone coming or going from china.

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join