It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Any one with any knowhow will tell the wife and kids to get out of the city, the city officials families will be gone first , then since they are in the know, everyone who can will observe what they are doing and follow. They will head to their families country estates. Because in the end the best way to survive this is to get out of crowded places, and only interact with people you know are clear of the virus. Cities are infection grounds at the best of times, every second time I spend a couple of days or more , I always end up with something.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: confiden

It could be. Most of us are hoping it's not.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

There is a LOT of disinformation soiling Twitter right now.. If you want a true picture, verify those "sources."

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Leave it to the honest,polite Canadian's to tell it like it is:

Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) which, in turn, gets its advice on the matter from the Public Health Agency of Canada:

“It’s about every traveller being vigilant and what to do if they get sick. It’s not just about China, it’s about realizing (coronavirus) is everywhere.”

www.richmond-news.com...
edit on 22-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: confiden

I agree, surely the cruise ship is very important. We don't know it is an anomaly by any stretch.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

humm, you mean reporting in the mainly white majority countries, probably. as it now effecting those countries.
is it being report in the mainly black countries as a problem yet? Haven't googled in those countries for the local news lately as I don't live there. Have you?

Would be an interesting thing to see demographic of DNA rather than nationalities due to the ACE-2 being higher in some. Might help to isolate to stop a low ACE-2 super spreader working with high ACE-2 people.
If it can save lives don't see it as racist.

How about you?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
There are protests going on right now in Iran anyway (anti govt - and who can blame them!?)
Of course you can't verify everything online especially Twitter, but there have been a few videos of people in hospitals that seem genuine. I posted the tweets I felt were worthy of the thread - of course that is all we can do is share information in the moment. I am not in Iran and therefore can't verify what is happening on the ground there, much like most of us here (any Iranians that can comment?)
What do you feel is the true picture? I sense from your comment you have some other idea?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There are protests going on right now in Iran anyway (anti govt - and who can blame them!?)
Of course you can't verify everything online especially Twitter, but there have been a few videos of people in hospitals that seem genuine. I posted the tweets I felt were worthy of the thread - of course that is all we can do is share information in the moment. I am not in Iran and therefore can't verify what is happening on the ground there, much like most of us here (any Iranians that can comment?)
What do you feel is the true picture? I sense from your comment you have some other idea?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Latest figures

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Look at South Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy

Total Cases New Cases

S. Korea 433 +224

Japan 134 +25

Italy 79 +58

Iran 29 +11

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 22-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First lockdown outside China? Maybe Iran beat them if rumour is anything to go by, but now it's official in Italy according to this report:

10 towns on lockdown in Italy
www.euronews.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I decided to look up a connection between smoking and corona virus, I was speculating wether damaged lungs from smoking would inhibit the virus from latching on opposed to healthy lungs and I found this ironic story:

Tobacco may help in defeating the corona virus...

Link

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just came across this image in Twitter. Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
I decided to look up a connection between smoking and corona virus, I was speculating wether damaged lungs from smoking would inhibit the virus from latching on opposed to healthy lungs and I found this ironic story:

Tobacco may help in defeating the corona virus...

Link

They are talking about compounds in the Tobacco plant, not smoking.

Once you burn that up, damaging your lungs.. All bets are off..

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Yes there have been numerous reports of this - official reports in Italian media
Italy said earlier that they may have to take 'extraordinary measures'
www.thelocal.it...
edit on 22-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: link

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.channelnewsasia.com...

MILAN: Italy's prime minister announced a ban on people entering or leaving new coronavirus hotspots as the number of confirmed infections rose sharply to 79 on Saturday (Feb 22), in an outbreak that has claimed two lives in the country.

(...)

"In zones considered hotspots, neither entry or exit will be authorised without special permission," Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said during a press conference, adding that businesses and schools in the areas would be closed.

The Italian outbreak is concentrated in the northern region of Lombardy. Officials raised the total confirmed cases to 79, from an earlier figure on Saturday of 39 in Lombardy, 12 in Veneto and 3 in Rome.

Authorities in the northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto have shut down schools and banned public events while companies from Ray-Ban owner Luxottica to the country's top bank UniCredit have told workers living in the worst hit areas to stay home.

This is actually a good chance for people who say that the virus will not disrupt their lives to start considering preparing for being isolated at their homes for several weeks.

edit on 22-2-2020 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

BREAKING: Epicenter of coronavirus outbreak reports 630 new cases and 96 new deaths

Tha magic wheel has spun and landed on 630 today. (Don't mean to be glib, these are real people/as are the ones welded in their homes not counted)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Containment and lockdown measures implemented now in Italy:

HEALTH It's a hunt for 'patient zero' Coronavirus, two victims and over 70 cases of infection. Count: measures to contain epidemic

"We have adopted a decree law to contain this emergency. The aim is to protect the good of the health of Italians. The good that is most important to us". This was stated by the Prime Minister, Giuseppe Conte, at the end of the extraordinary Council of Ministers held in the Civil Protection headquarters to deal with the Coronavirus emergency.

How come so many cases in Italy and all at once? We are the country that has adopted the most interdictive measures, we have carried out rigorous checks that hide a punctilious job. This line of rigor today allows us to reveal these cases of contagion. So the accuracy of these checks leads us to record these numbers. We are carrying out hundreds and hundreds of checks with the canton, "explained the premier.

And then: "The decree law will allow us to intervene and order further containment measures to prevent the removal of individuals from the areas considered to be outbreaks, the Lodigiano with 10 Municipalities involved and that of Vo 'Euganeo. They are measures to contain the movements that we believe are adequate. "
The squeeze on the areas of the outbreak "Entry and removal will not be allowed in areas identified as outbreaks unless specific exceptions have been made. Suspension of work, education and public events has been ordered", clarified Conte at the end of the CDM. Criminal sanctions for those coming out of outbreaks The violation of the provision of entry and exit from the outbreak areas of the Coronavirus "will be punishable by penalties, according to article 650 of the Criminal Code.
These are precautionary measures to protect the local community itself. with a pact of trust to the citizens. For a short period, a couple of weeks, some restrictions will not prevent the lives of people who will actually benefit from it, "said Conte.

No conditions for suspending Schengen "This possibility is foreseen by the treaties, we will always take measures in the sign of adequacy and proportionality. At present there are no preconditions for requesting and obtaining the suspension of the Schengen treaty, it is a draconian measure that now sounds as disproportionate", he therefore Conte said, adding that "Italy cannot become a hospital". "The Minister of Sport Spadafora has announced his determination to suspend all the sports activities planned for tomorrow in the Veneto and Lombardy regions". So then Conte. New DL grants and indemnities "Today we had the urgency to have urgent extraordinary measures, but in the next few days we will make another decree with various subsidies and measures, indemnities and layoffs to make up for and remedy the economic hardship".

www.rainews.it... be35-9c0426404b0f.html

i translated to English, may not be 100% accurate word for word of course

edit on 22-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: edit

edit on 22-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: edit

edit on 22-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: make more readable

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Another interesting development which fits into previous discussion about incubation period:

www.news.com.au... ef

A man has begun developing coronavirus symptoms a whopping 27 days after coming into contact with an infected person, causing authorities to fear for the worst. A 70-year-old man in China’s Hubei Province was infected with coronavirus but did not show symptoms until nearly four weeks later, the Chinese government revealed yesterday.

This could prove a devastating blow to the world if the virus’s incubation period is longer than the presumed 14 days.

The Chinese government named the man simply as Jiang, and revealed in a statement that he came into contact with his sister, who had been infected, on January 24. But his symptoms appeared much later than expected. Jiang developed a fever on February 20 and tested positive for coronavirus a day later, according to the government statement.

If there's one, there may be more.
There's a possibility that we'll witness outbreaks/jumps in numbers of infected in intervals ranging from 5 to almost 30 days.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Analyses of living cells show that the new virus, called 2019-nCoV, uses the same cellular lock to get into cells as SARS, researchers report February 3 in Nature.

Previous reports that the new virus relies on that lock — known as angiotensin-converting enzyme II, or ACE2 — to enter and infect cells were based on comparisons between the genetic blueprints of 2019-nCoV and the virus responsible for SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome. The new finding, however, provides direct evidence from living cells that 2019-nCoV attaches to ACE2 to gain access, essentially picking the cellular lock with a spiky protein on the virus’s surface.

Zheng-Li Shi, a virologist at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, and her colleagues analyzed samples of the new virus from seven patients who had been admitted to a hospital in late December. The researchers isolated the virus from one patient and used it to infect cells grown in a laboratory. When cells had the ACE2 protein on their surface, the virus was able to break into them. The virus could use ACE2 proteins from humans to get into cells, as well as human cells with ACE2 proteins from Chinese horseshoe bats, civets and pigs.

Researchers now know that people infected with 2019-nCoV can transmit the virus to others even when not showing symptoms (SN: 1/31/20). This is common for viruses such as influenza, which bind to sialic acid — a molecule often found in the upper airway. But ACE2 can be found deeper in the lungs, so it’s unclear how those without symptoms are spreading the virus.

Shi and her team also discovered that the spiky protein that 2019-nCoV uses to attach to ACE2 has some additional pieces compared with its counterpart on the SARS virus. It’s possible that the new virus might have the ability to bind to sialic acid proteins as well, the researchers wrote, although that idea needs further testing.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but an interesting development...

[SCMP hk] China’s Arms Industry Back In Business Despite Disruption By Coronavirus

The Chinese arms industry resumed full production early this month amid the prolonged coronavirus outbreak, as military experts said the People’s Liberation Army should keep up its weaponry programmes in the face of rising security challenges in the region.

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join