It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: misfit312
What was Italy's last count?

They are up to 54 as of now..

source

And they were on 3 a couple of days ago.

Is part of the big jump from passengers on the cruise ship being repatriated?

I wish. I think it is mostly a new cluster and some unrelated local transmissions with unknown source of infection.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Maybe because so many describe it as having flu-like symptoms and say that for most people, it will be like a mild to nasty cold or flu?

I still think the best comparison is the original Spanish Flu strain, including those CFR rates of 2 to 3%.

I think most of us will live, but if it hits in a concentrated wave enough will die all at once that it won't feel like it.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

source

I wish. I think it is mostly a new cluster and some unrelated local transmissions with unknown source of infection.

Worrying.

I can't believe it's all gone quiet here in the UK, especially after someone was diagnosed in London.

I think they're simply not reporting it here to avoid panic and stock market chaos.

I cannot bring myself to believe it's just stopped.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Wow, I seem to have missed a LOT!

1) Cult spreading the virus on purpose in South Korea (which now has 433 cases with 9 in "serious" condition per BNO News source)

2) potentially Iran has a totally DIFFERENT strain of coronavirus and all hell seems to be breaking loose there (also someone in British Columbia picked up this version of the virus and traveled back to BC with it - DOES THIS MEAN WE HAVE 2 DIFF STRAINS IN BC NOW?)

Those are the 2 big items (Italy is also in trouble now)... and BNO News shows 35 confirmed cases in US now.

2 diff strains of coronavirus in BC now, is this correct? Oh my F

edit on 22-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

new cases just confirmed in Italy, raising total to 54 infected:

14:48 GMT: 33 new cases and 1 new death in Italy.

source

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I didn't say that they did, but it looks like they could have. There are clues that they may have. Thing is that they have spread to each other with the intent of testing themselves and not necessarily caring about anyone else. And it may all have been accidental since it sounds like they carry on services in extreme close contact.

Whatever happened, they strange in how they do things and it's a possibility. I can't think of any other way you have one person infect hundreds unless you're actively trying.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

===>

Why are so many suggesting to store water? Fear of the water supply being cut off, or of it being contaminated with the virus?

the first thing that pops into my mind is that our local water will get contaminated and cannot be easily filtered with existing products off-the-shelf

~more or less like our present problems with medicines/drugs polluting our local water supplies ...possibly the source for the problems about male fertility that's waning across the First World, developed societies.

we are not speaking of Flu in the water, but the disease agent surviving the water treatment system and entering new Hosts' who were once protected from airborne/aerosol infection.... too many peoplewould be laxidasical about taking precautions with tap water

ETA

a 2nd bio agent would fit well with the premis that the USA black OPs caused/planted the Wuhan outbreak, and since Iran is an enemy state---They are subject to sneak attack too

edit on nd29158238529522282020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

source

Worrying.

I can't believe it's all gone quiet here in the UK, especially after someone was diagnosed in London.

I think they're simply not reporting it here to avoid panic and stock market chaos.

I cannot bring myself to believe it's just stopped.

I can't believe it either. It's just unbelievable.

Are we supposed to keep calm, carry on, until Bojo comes out and says "whoops. We have 5 new cases each in London, Brighton, and Birmingham", and days later that is traced to 50 each. At which point it is actually in all our schools, universities and cities?

My 5 year old son is back in school next week. Do I send him??

We have a 2yr old, and grandma lives with us. In 2 months time a 2yr old and an 80 yr old dying would not raise any eyebrows, but how can I take that risk? What is the risk?? If I keep him off this week, will we know any more next week?

It's impossible to know what their game is. Let it spread, let people die, get it over with asap. Or are they just going to spring it on us when it's too late.
edit on 22-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This thread moves too much while I'm alseep! Can someone point me to the info about there being 2 different strains now (different one in Iran)? I kind of came up with some new info last night putting some pieces together that I haven't seen here and it doesn't look good at all. I don't know how to properly post links and quotes (I used to know but forgot in the years I stopped coming here) and I've got to head out to babysit my nephew for a bit.

I think finding a vax for this is going to be complicated because it IS mutating. I had a link to an article 3 weeks ago that said it had already mutated and it was concerning how rapidly it had changed. Not sure if I have the right terminology but it's genome is REALLY long. Unusually long...

Anyway, someone clue me in on the new strain in Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EarthShine

If you are having a pre-planned surgery, I recommend to use what they call 'autologous' blood, which is your own blood. It is taken from you some time before the operation, then your body replaces it, and then you have your surgery, and if you have blood loss and need it, they re-infuse you with your own blood. Not everyone can plan a surgery like this which is a flaw, and not everyone qualifies for autologous transfusion which is another flaw, but it is worth a try to start.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Do you have a 2nd strain source or is that a theory?

I doubt it.

Chinese nuke scientists traveling to Iran seems more plausible.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

a reply to: SpartanStoic

Just cycled through like 20 pages looking for the post on how Iran's could be a diff. strain. Finally found it! Here it is (searching on the web got me NOTHING):

originally posted by: Oleman
Oliver Purche said on CNBC that rumor is Iran strain is different than China and did not come out of China.

Video clip at: twitter.com...

When I got home from ER last night (everything is ok, unless I caught SARSCoV-2 while there... a little dark humor for you.. I don't think I did) I heard this on the news as well (but it wasn't CNBC and was a different news outlet)

edit on 22-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I hear adverts in the UK and advice, saying "if you are asked to self isolate and you have children, maybe ask a friend or relative to take them into school for you..." It's a joke! I also hear of some who are self isolating that decided they feel fine after a couple of days so go back to normal life.

After seeing one photo of what can happen in a family cluster, the idea of self isolation does have some merits. I know on a practical level not many people easily have this option. What limited resources hospitals have is expected to quickly be at full capacity soon. The bed camps getting set up in Wuhan and those reminiscent of the Spanish Flu pandemic is one option. i know it is not a good option with a lot disorganization and risks of cross infections.

On a practical level with how this virus moves, once one member of a family or other close living household is infected, there is a strong likelihood that all the members will be infected by the time symptoms surface. Having a talk with your family about the options and their wishes should the worst happen will be tough. Knowing where you and your family stands should the worst happens helps.

There are lots of reasons why someone may feel sick and is not necessary SARS-CoV-2. Until better testing procedures are in place it is hard to not at least consider the possibility. For the people that feel fine to go back to work after a couple of days, I don't know. The virus is uncontained with an expectation that most people will be infected at some stage.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
[tinfoil hat mode on]
If Iran they made it and released it in Wuhan ( don’t know why they would pick that place though), maybe the “original strain” is the Wuhan one that’s far more deadly ( supposing and assuming there’s two and not just a mutation or other factors in play there)
Then as they have quite a record for playing with these things why would anyone think their “safey protocols” would be observed and up to scratch and not have a wide spread outbreak that’s been hidden (as well and or spread by )the mass protests there over the past months against their governments ?
[tinfoil hat mode off]
Not disputing anything just a what if suppose theory speculation nothing more 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit:
[foil mode back on]
Why go to all that trouble when they could infect someone and just hop a plane to dc?
[foil mode off]
edit on 22-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Iran has a totally DIFFERENT strain of coronavirus

Wow. That's the first time I've heard that one. Is this new strain still going after only asians or did it make the jump to everyone else? The last thing that I'd heard was that there are people that are carriers that are showing no symptoms and infecting family members.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There's no evidence there's a new strain other than some random stock guy saying it on TV

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: asdfa

We would have to wait for some sample and gene mapping to confirm that( might prove difficult with their “containment protocol” by which everyone seems to end up dead in less than 24 hours 😣)

(post by Oppenheimer67 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Sorry, many of you are correct that we haven't seen evidence for the "Iran has a different strain of coronavirus and it did not come from China" theory

I keep scouring the web to look for official or scientific reports about this but no luck yet... could be idiot news anchors misinterpreting what they're reading/hearing

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

There is a chance it's true, and there is a chance that the original strain has finally mutated in some significant way, but we won't know unless they get ahold of a sample and actually look at it. Given that it's Iran ... well, that's going to be about as likely as getting straight information out of China.

The idea that it got to Iran isn't impossible though. There are plenty of links from China to that part of the world.

I'm surprised we're not hearing from Pakistan either. One of the MedCram videos from some time ago mentioned that Pakistan was resuming their direct flights to China at a time when most everyone else was shutting them down.

edit on 22-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join