It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: musicismagic

Time to enact your precautions, gloves mask glasses as you go out limit time in crowded areas and get everything you can asap that you think you might need.

Thank you very much.
Now this: Chiba junior high school teacher Confirmed infection with new virus School closed
Two women in Chiba Prefecture, including teachers in their 60s who work for junior high schools in Chiba City, have been newly confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus.

People I intend to update you ATS with facts. Stay tune for the 3 day holiday here in Japan.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
South Korea just surged past 422 cases, links at your favorite search engine. CNN just broke news on Twitter.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Not sure who that’s aimed at, but everyone responds differently to ( I’ll go with But it’s just a phrase )” impending doom“
Some will bury their heads in the sand and deny it.
Some will run around hands in the air panicking .
Some will use humour to divert their worry.
Some will use sarcasm for the same previous reason.
Some will get angry
And some will have no idea what to do.
Just because people react in a way some don’t understand doesn’t mean they are not worried about things.
On that note I’d say if I offended you I apologise, offence wasn’t my intention on any post.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

itself...most of You really don't know what is real suffering because you are not showing any respect to those who suffer.

I've kept my mouth shut because arguing is pointless but I draw the line at saying most don't know what real suffering is and saying we are being disrespectful. Who the hell are you to tell people they haven't suffered? Just because you find a comment disrespectful doesn't automatically mean others do.
-----

And you went from concerned to a nothing burger to being pissed others are warning people because it IS on their doorstep.

-------

I've really been trying to live by this and I'm going to try to keep it up from here on out..

Learn to be Okay with people not knowing your side of the story. You having nothing to prove.

----
Done...I don't have to prove.. my suffering or anything

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I will be following what you post closely, we need real information to adjust our plans for those it hasent reached yet.

I know you have a plan rolling round inside your head and I wish you the best in this troubled time.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
news we didn't want to hear

Tochigi Prefecture has announced that women in their 60s living in the prefecture have been confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus.

The woman was a passenger on a cruise ship, Diamond Princess, anchored at Yokohama Port, and was inspected on the 14th of this month. That is.

This is the first time in Japan that a person who has been disembarked from a cruise ship is infected.

over 700 people have left the ship, now we will be seeing that left, will they be caring the virus also.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Was it Travis AFB that your wife's friend was being monitored at?

The federal govt is trying to move 35-50 infected patients from Travis AFB to a health facility in Costa Mesa, CA.

Maybe this is why she won't discuss it. It's a pretty good bet she signed an NDA.
edit on 22-2-2020 by texasgirl because: Dumb phone

edit on 22-2-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2020 by texasgirl because: Omg, this auto correct is ridiculous

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
970 people have left the ship so far (Diamond Princess ) I guess maybe not all have left the ship yet . Friday 11 pm Tokyo time

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yes she was at Travis. But now back in home state in the flyover zone near a big river.

Her and daughters tested negative for virus multiple times. Hope it stays that way.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
How does Coronavirus compare to Ebola, SARS, etc?

This video provides a time laps graph of the SARS-CoV-2 effects and compares with with other pandemics like SARS, Ebola, MERS and the Spanish Flu. Comparisons with death from other causes is also provided. Overall it helps with some context with what we do know so far.

This was great thanks, really puts things into perspective 👌🏼
Hated the music colab lol, I suggest mute. 😁

3 things,

Did you spend ages watching the swine flu death % like me? 😳

The quick pic of the dude on the plane with a see thru plastic box on his head cracked me up, great timing 😂

To me the numbers seem worrying,

I would be much less worried if I could trust gvts across the world and their numbers.

Is that counted as dreaming? Or lunacy? 🤔

Ah sheet, that's a false dichotomy 😒
edit on 22-2-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What was Italy's last count?

They are up to 54 as of now..

source

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The mortality rate for COVID-19 is about 2.3%, while for SARS and MERS it was 9.6% and 35%, respectively.

Covid 19 is rapidly spreading across the globe, but mortality rate seems pretty low in comparison to SARS,MERS and the flu. Unless there is great concern that it's going to mutate into a much more deadly form, it seems the greatest threat is to the elderly population and the world-wide financial market.

Is it possible MERS and/or Sars could cross with Covid 19?

I have a question that may seem dumb, but I'll ask anyway. Why are so many suggesting to store water? Fear of the water supply being cut off, or of it being contaminated with the virus?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

source

And they were on 3 a couple of days ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Why you need to quote yourself ?

Don´t think we are doomed but every lives matter and this seems more serious than normal flu ! We make you sick maybe this thread is not for you. Did you know you can always ignore the posts you don´t like, there is no need to answer, reply or comment as it is not mandatory.

Sincerely

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Is it just me, or does it sound like they're not sure where this came from?

They list a possibility - a manager traveled to Wuhan, but they don't say whether or not he was tested or any results. They only say he's been isolated.

The Codogno hospital closed its emergency room, and staff were seen wearing masks as movers brought in new beds and furniture as the quarantine got underway. The manager who travelled to China remains asymptomatic but was put into isolation at another hospital, said Lombardy regional health chief Giulio Gallera.

He seems the likely source, but they don't peg him for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I think it's just a standard precaution against disruption of services in a disaster scenario. Most rely on services to continue in order to continue getting water through the pipes.

It might also be possible for this to contaminate through plumbing. I think it depends on the water treatment measures your city uses and you use at home. What sort of living arrangements you have.

We aren't receiving notice of widespread disruption of basic services like water and power in China, but what we see in other, more open countries will tell us more.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: misfit312

source

And they were on 3 a couple of days ago.

Is part of the big jump from passengers on the cruise ship being repatriated?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

The mortality rate for COVID-19 is about 2.3%, while for SARS and MERS it was 9.6% and 35%, respectively.

Covid 19 is rapidly spreading across the globe, but mortality rate seems pretty low in comparison to SARS,MERS and the flu. Unless there is great concern that it's going to mutate into a much more deadly form, it seems the greatest threat is to the elderly population and the world-wide financial market.

Is it possible MERS and/or Sars could cross with Covid 19?

I have a question that may seem dumb, but I'll ask anyway. Why are so many suggesting to store water? Fear of the water supply being cut off, or of it being contaminated with the virus?

I beg to differ ... yes, the elderly and financial market are most visibly affected right now, but just because people are not dying does not mean they are not being hospitalised. This means a hugely overburdened medical infrastructure where other illness and ailments will not get treated. The affects of this remain to be seen as we have never yet encountered a scenario like this before. We can just look at Wuhan to get an inkling of the horror.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

It sounds like they had a case at a hospital and didn't know it. So know they have a lot of people at the hospital sick, including health workers ... which means even more sick by extension.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Where do people get the idea that nCoV has a lower CFR than flu?

Seasonal flu has a CFR of around 0.1%. This includes H1N1 lumped in which was once Spanish flu. Spanish flu may have been 2-3% when it was all shiny and new, but now it's just another flu. Overall flu CFR around 0.1%.

With nCoV at a low estimate of 2.3%, that is 23 times more deadly than the flu.

You get more deaths from normal flu, because it is absolutely everywhere, all over the world, it's had generations to become so widespread. When this thing is as widespread as flu, then you could reasonably expect at least 23 times as many deaths as you would normally have got from flu. Unless we can slow it to build immunity or vaccine first.

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join