It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
People
Its here.
17 people were confirmed to be infected in Hokkaido, Japan
Hey folks , this sh...te is spreading fast.

People, really its not good. The pre-school in Hokkaido is closed. Wake up people. Its bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In the words of jonsey

edit on 22-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

ITALY OUTBREAK

Italy now has the highest number of cases and deaths in Europe (tripling Germany in second place).
Coronavirus cases in Italy have already more than doubled since yesterday.
There are now a total of:
- 36 cases in Lombardy region (including 1 death, 1 critical, and at least 14 serious cases).
- 9 in Veneto region (including 1 death and at least 1 critical case).
- 3 in Rome.
20+ new cases today in Italy, including at least:
- 2 doctors, husband and wife (a pediatrician), in Pieve Porto Morone (Pavia, Lombardy).
- 5 new cases in Vò Euganeo (Padua, Veneto region).
- 1 in Cremona (Lombardy region).
- 1 in Sesto Cremonese (Lombardy region).
- 2 in Dolo (Veneto region).
1 new death in Italy, a 75-year-old woman who was hospitalized a few days ago for pneumonia in the Lodi area (Lombardy region).
Hundreds waiting for test results. 10 towns, 50,000 people, placed in precautionary voluntary quarantine. Schools, workplaces, municipal and private offices, 3 train stations, coffee shops, and public places closed in the affected towns.
Emergency meetings being held today.
The 38-year-old man near Lodi is in critical condition (mechanically ventilated in intensive care, according to his parents) and at least 14 contacts are in serious condition, according to doctors, and include:
- 5 health workers and doctors.
- 3 patients at the Codogno hospital.
- 3 elderly (in the 70s and 80s) clients of a bar run by the father of the man's friend.
"People must be distantiated right now, because this is a virus that is transmitted very effectively at close range" said the director of the infectious diseases department of the Higher Institute of Health, Gianni Rezza.

BNO

This is serious, Italy is also a gateway to refugees which go from there all over Europe.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
my feelings played on my classical guitar

app.box.com...

tomorrow will be a day that the japanese people will say something... the infections here are growing kind of fast now
edit on 0200000031152020-02-22T07:15:31-06:00153102am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
From the dirty south:

www.wdsu.com...

FTA:

“COVINGTON, La. —
Tulane University has announced it will study the coronavirus to develop a vaccine and other treatment options.

The Tulane National Primate Research Center in Covington will oversee the new program.“

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

They have to get through Eastern Europe yet, looking at how the Ukraine responded to quarantined isolated evacuees it doesn’t look good for them on that route tbh

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Can anyone put a figure on the US self quarantines based on all the reports?

That other article mentioned what around 5,000? This is in additional right? So we'd be somewhere around 12,000 self self quarantines, and '35' confirmed and how many have we still got that haven't been publized yet?

Yea, not good.

How is this "self quarantine" thing supposed to work? Just tell a possible infected person to stay at home for 2 weeks? What about others in the household? Are they locked down too? And I presume this is all voluntary?

I find this particularly ludicrous. I hear adverts in the UK and advice, saying "if you are asked to self isolate and you have children, maybe ask a friend or relative to take them into school for you..."

It's a joke! I also hear of some who are self isolating that decided they feel fine after a couple of days so go back to normal life.
edit on 22-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Our government is bringing 175 underaged asylum seeker mainly from Greece, Italy, Malta and Cyprus, they agreed on that just today.. by Plane

Anyway in general people are blind, do not see bigger picture and TPTB seem not to care.

Dunno which is worse
Tourism, i have two co workers ( nurse ) who just were on vacation in Thailand, there were no screening and when they arrived. One of them made a "joke" and cought on fellow workers for fun, all i could say that is immature behavior and should not be in in this line of work at all.. makes me so pi$$....

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yea it’s been lax at best tbh regarding the immigrant aspect but I suppose if there’s an upside they would have to have been in a migration camp to qualify to be moved by our governments, the ones to worry about are the ones coming illegally unchecked and no records of them arriving.
And on that co worker angle, one of my neighbours has returned from that region is coughing like a 40 a day smoker outside and spitting it off the balcony
even without this virus going round like wildfire some people have no idea how dirty they are
*facepalm*

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Can anyone put a figure on the US self quarantines based on all the reports?

That other article mentioned what around 5,000? This is in additional right? So we'd be somewhere around 12,000 self self quarantines, and '35' confirmed and how many have we still got that haven't been publized yet?

Yea, not good.

How is this "self quarantine" thing supposed to work? Just tell a possible infected person to stay at home for 2 weeks? What about others in the household? Are they locked down too? And I presume this is all voluntary?

I find this particularly ludicrous. I hear adverts in the UK and advice, saying "if you are asked to self isolate and you have children, maybe ask a friend or relative to take them into school for you..."

It's a joke! I also here of some who are self isolating that decided they feel fine after a couple of days so go back to normal life.

A script writer for a pandemic movie would think it too unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
People its here

New virus confirmed 9 new infections in Hokkaido, totaling 17

you all know that I'm not in the States, but when the shtf there...
the virus is growing too fast for us here
we have a 3 day holiday now
the news to be told will be for the good of Japanese people ( we were all ready of the out break in real terms) so far no panic here, but masks are in short supply

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

My own opinion on self isolation is” it’s As much use as a chocolate teapot”, people don’t follow it because “they feel fine” and even if they do everyone else is free to come and go as they want!, so basically useless imho

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Looks like Italy and Iran have kicked off last few days, maybe in italy, they can stem the flow before it spreads further afield.

Doubtful wasn't to long ago they took the public approach of saying they were stretched to the breaking point with the influx of people from Africa, and their northern border is porous enough that Austria keeps troops near the border and is working with Slovenia to install fences to try and slow down the flow across the border.

Yeah, illegal migrants is a problem and any of them could be travelling with this virus!

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Time to enact your precautions, gloves mask glasses as you go out limit time in crowded areas and get everything you can asap that you think you might need.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Speaking of the Royals I have an aquaintance who is Royal "adjacent" you could say. She grew up with Wills, Harry etc. She is attending the Knight of Garter Services in June....

Well not a peep on this virus it's ALL just family gossip about the fighting behind the scenes (Meg Harry etc)

Interestingly she told me this morning(my morning) she's sick...some kind of bad cough (She lives in London)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Essentials checklist:
1: Enough grain and yeast to brew up several all 100 litres of beer- check ☑️
( if water isn’t safe then beer is a good alternative

)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This thread its now beyond the point of stupidity and selfishness... Most of people here are only suffering in advance without having no gain and profit with that... Lots of members here im 100%sure that won't die because of the virus but for sure will die of an heart attack or a stroke... Lots of members here will never ever face the virus but only come here to spread fear and stupidity at the highest level.. Most of people here because have a futile life only come here to say this is it, we are doomed.. Listen, don't leave your bed in the morning because you also may got it by a truck, fall from the stairs or hit by a meteorite... Stop being childish and try to act with some kind of adult behavior... Right now I'm much more worried about people lack of good sense than the virus itself...most of You really don't know what is real suffering because you are not showing any respect to those who suffer... You are only concerned about You, You and You.. Make me sick!

edit on 22-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
This thread its now beyond the point of stupidity and selfishness... Most of people here are only suffering in advance without having no gain and profit with that... Lots of members here im 100%sure that won't die because of the virus but for sure will die of an heart attack or a stroke... Lots of members here will never ever face the virus but only come here to spread fear and stupidity at the highest level.. Most of people here because have a futile life only come here to say this is it, we are doomed.. Listen, don't leave your bed in the morning because you also may got it by a truck, fall from the stairs or hit by a meteorite... Stop being childish and try to act with some kind of adult behavior... Right now I'm much more worried about people lack of good sense than the virus itself...most of You really don't know what is real suffering because you are not showing any respect to those who suffer... You are only concerned about You, You and You.. Make me sick!

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
How does Coronavirus compare to Ebola, SARS, etc?

This video provides a time laps graph of the SARS-CoV-2 effects and compares with with other pandemics like SARS, Ebola, MERS and the Spanish Flu. Comparisons with death from other causes is also provided. Overall it helps with some context with what we do know so far.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Samsung factory in Daegu SK closed after a worker had the virus.

TPE

Same city as the doom cult church. And another case of potential spread at work. I’m more concerned about getting it this way in USA than other ways.

Let’s stick to the topic AngelsDecay and stop talking about how ATSers are reacting. Everyone will have their own individual responses to the situation.

You can’t control others. The only things you can control are you and your reactions.

edit on 22-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join