It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

coronavirus in florida?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Sounds like a math question where the next bit asks how many apples does John have šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
Itā€™s all just a shell game at this point .

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you for sharing. If you could say anything about the estimation methodology that was used, that would be very interesting.
edit on 21-2-2020 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Coronavirus-infected Americans flown back to US on plane full of healthy people. The 14 coronavirus-stricken Americans evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan were flown back to the US on a plane full of healthy people against advice from the CDC, a report said Thursday.
nypost.com...

The US has ten hospitals with biocontainment units, any where between 4 and 10 beds. Spokane's Sacred Heart has 10 beds, and it was announced Tuesday that they would be receiving 5 patients with Covid 19. News conferences assured us there was little risk to the public.
On Thursday four patients arrived from Travis Air Force Base. More news conferences to reassure the public, but crickets on what happened to the fifth patient.

The US didn't start screening people entering the country until January 17, and the first confirmed patient arrived January 15. Not sure how many people passed through Sea-Tac airport before screening began, but 'As many as 736 people come through Sea-Tac each day by way of two direct flights from China' was estimated before shutting down flights from China.

More than 5,400 people had been asked to self-quarantine in California as of February 14. I'm not super confident with the 'self quarantine' method.

February 21, 2020 at 6:00 a.m.
The first case of COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, has been confirmed in a Humboldt County resident, and ā€œa close contactā€ with symptoms is also being tested, local public health officials announced Thursday.

The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport remains one of just 11 U.S. airports where all flights from China are funneled for further screening by the CDC.New federal rules require all travelers returning from China to undergo up to two weeks of monitoring to ensure they do not have an infection. While most will be quarantined at their homes, state health officials identified two potential quarantine facilities, in North Bend and Shoreline, to house returning passengers, should the need arise.

I think we'll be able to tell just how much China tried to hide/manipulate information. Travel gates were closed too late for containment, and the best we can hope for is a treatment lesson the impact on those how develop Covid 19.

Ugh.. had to come back in here and post this cause its more solid info... and not the BS.

I cant post the whole email, but these are the airports being used for infected or exposed.. due to biocontainment facilities you mentioned. I posted the initial ones when I first got them, but this is the amended list.

Effective Sunday, February 2nd at 5:00 PM EST, Americans flying to the United States from China will be re-routed to the following airports at no cost to the traveler:

John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York
Chicago Oā€™Hare International Airport (ORD), Illinois
San Francisco International Airport (SFO), California
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Washington
Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Hawaii
Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX), California
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD), Virginia

Effective at 6:30 AM EST on Monday, February 3rd, this list of airports is expanded to include:

Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), New Jersey

Effective at 7:30 AM EST on Monday, February 3rd, this list of airports is expanded to include:

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Michigan

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That sounds like information that is already opensource; a statement issued by PRC officials a few days ago.
Working, so no time to travk down link but was posted here.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know if people that dont exhibit symptoms can still spread it around?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It takes what it takes but IMHO things are really downing and decreasing... Singapore and Macau and Hong Kong still have its numbers falling down, even numbers from Wuhan are falling down and here in Europe regarding France, UK, Spain and Germany all things are not increasing at all, the opposite, almost no more new cases and lots of recovered status... Well, regarding Italy the whole country is a mess, corruption and confusion... As we usually say.. ITALY is Italy.. Nothing i didn't expected earlier... About South Korea its perfectly Normal... They still have China doors opened and even their government said won't close them... Almost 30 thousand Chinese use their borders on a daily basis... And add to this the super spreader church/cult and its more than expected... About Iran, I can't show you the source but they knew it since the day one that were cases in their country too... Lots of Chinese workers there, no control at all.. Would be just a matter of time and on such closed country to the world that doesn't surprise me at all... I have the basic acknowledgement of how things works at Iran airports... Well, peace to all, and I really think that we should really maintain calm, peaceful and reading some wise words here such as member Ketsuko

edit on 21-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Apparently Wuhan officials didnt get the memo and released numbers that are in much conflict with the numbers from Beijing.

Beijing confusion

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
Yes, that is a hallmark of this disease..

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I fear it is too late for these moves.

It appears that they want to show that they are taking action, but they have to know that they needed to do this over a month ago.

They must have had intelligence about what was actually going down in China... in pretty much real time.

This stinks.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
Anyone else feeling as if they are become immune to this virus-scare?
I don't mean that I don't care, I'm still prepared for should TSHTF... just, not at all surprised or emotionally affected by new information anymore.

Today two from my country came home from the corona-cruise. They took a plane, and when they came home they received a call with the 'orders' to quarantine themselves for two weeks. In an interview they said: "They could've said something a bit sooner, because we just took a train across the country to get home!"

so I just sat there shaking my head and started laughing...
it's like watching a bad soap on tv!

Anyway, I also want to thank everyone again who is still posting information and say that it is much appreciated!

I think what concerns me is how uncoordinated and unprepared our countries seem. Flying our people out of Wuhan, screening at airports when we know that just doesn't work, letting the sick cruise people fly home in the same plane as the healthy ones, telling people to self-quarantine at home...I mean, do you really think they won't venture out anywhere?

And the Cambodian PM who shook hands with all the passnegers who disembarked the Westerdam cruise ship is now reportedly hospitalized.

Oh, and let's not forget about the cruise in New Jersey that just let everyone off to go home, even though there was a dead crew member found in the engine room.

Oh! And the cruise ship that docked in Hong Kong that let everybody off after 4 days and now the country is practically falling apart with so many cases popping up.

It's almost comical.
edit on 21-2-2020 by texasgirl because: removed a sentence.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Does anyone know if people that dont exhibit symptoms can still spread it around?

The consensus is yes

Not all cases are promptly identified, especially in Wuhan, where medical services are stretched thin, and there have been documented cases of asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic transmission, which are harder to identify and track.

www.ucsf.edu...

Also:

...stopping the outbreak might be more difficult, since people start to become infectious early on in their disease or may even spread the virus when theyā€™re asymptomatic.

www.vox.com...

Pretty sure this one has also been posted before (more technical.. above my pay grade anyway lol):
www.thelancet.com...(20)30114-6/fulltext
edit on 21-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JSpader

Thank you for sharing. If you could say anything about the estimation methodology that was used, that would be very interesting.

You're most welcome!

Unfortunately, I don't. All I know is we have people their (not reporters, news agencies, etc.) and the figure is a calculated estimate.

I think many ATS members are far more savvy than they know. Some people are probably riding ahead of the wave of information being drip fed by the media, and by governments. I'll try to nod approval to those whose numbers, theories, conjectures cross-reference with what I see at my end. Unfortunately, I won't be able to elaborate.

Finally, I don't really have extraordinary access to information. It's really on a need to know basis, but little bits of info do leak out, and I'm always hungry for crumbs.

link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

The growth factor is almost 1.9. Does not signal a decrease.

Chart

mg

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Advantage

I fear it is too late for these moves.

It appears that they want to show that they are taking action, but they have to know that they needed to do this over a month ago.

They must have had intelligence about what was actually going down in China... in pretty much real time.

This stinks.

Yeah, I guess I agree... but it will keep some from getting infected and at this point I dont htink its a matter of keeping it out. Its going to happen and minimizing the event is what its all about. At the office this morning the tome has kind of changed. Not doom or anything.. but more of a lets just get to business and do what we do sort of feeling.

Right now I lay this entire thing in Chinas lap. They knew and wanted to be sneaky liars about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The viral load that was detected in the asymptomatic patient was similar to that in the symptomatic patients, which suggests the transmission potential of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic patients. These findings are in concordance with reports that transmission may occur early in the course of infection5 and suggest that case detection and isolation may require strategies different from those required for the control of SARS-CoV.

Source:
www.nejm.org...

Edit: itā€™s in the last block of text before credits on that page
edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A quick question. There is at least one incident (maybe more) of a taxi driver in Japan catching this disease/flu while driving tourists from China around. I am thinking, if there are three tourists, and one driver, that each individual has approximately Ā½ cubic (meter/yard) of space per person in the vehicle, for a drive of say 30 minutes.

Per the experiment on the ship P.D. Petri Dish, err D.P. Diamond Princess, with many cabins having ability to obtain fresh air, by opening their balcony door occasionally, there appears to have been an infection rate of about 19.9 % (634 out of 3177) of passengers and crew. Granted we do not know where these individualā€™s cabins were on board the ship (inner rooms/ lower rooms that do not have balconies nor windows that open versus those that have balconies) or other factors such as where the passengers went when they docked in such ports as Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Vietnam [search itinerary January 20, 2020 of the Diamond Princess] on their 16 day cruise.

Now on an airplane (cigar tube), on a flight from Beijing to San Francisco (approximately 12 hours) or Tokyo to San Francisco (approximately 9 hours) each passenger having only about 2 cubic (meter/yard) per individual [my guess], there should be a high rate of infection. Per tripsavvy.com (air-quality-during-your-flight-54164) airlines have HEPA air system that contains 99% of airborne microbes. But at the end of the article it says.. ā€œSo people do find themselves coughing and sneezing more after a flight even if the air is cleaned. The culprit is dryness because the typical aircraft cabin is exceptionally dry, probably drier than the air in the desert. This is because, at the altitude most aircraft fly, the moisture content is extremely low. . With dried out sinuses and nasal passages, it's actually easier to catch something passed along from another passenger.ā€

So my question is, should we not have seen (or see) more infection by those flying then what is being reported?

[Satire answer on] Unless after reaching flight altitude, the pilot and co-pilot roll down their windows, for fresh air (think movie ā€˜Airplaneā€™ circa 1980) [Satire answer off].

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
That sounds like information that is already opensource; a statement issued by PRC officials a few days ago.
Working, so no time to travk down link but was posted here.

Cheers, I missed that. In that case I'm glad I haven't risked getting into trouble or posting disinformation. I'm surprised the PRC officials would admit to such figures, but they may as well be honest as the truth will out eventually.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: AngelsDecay

The growth factor is almost 1.9. Does not signal a decrease.

Chart

mg

My apologies... My math understanding is not the same as yours...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I hope this is a joke. I didnt look to see if it was posted already, if I revisit the past on this thread I will be re-pissed off like you can be re-infected.

China is offering families of doctors who died fighting the coronavirus a 'sympathy payment' of $716

China's Generosity

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join