It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Granted only a single indicator but, I was just scanning through @lookner twit feed and seems this virus is really starting to spread, or is now being realized and detected in other countries/cities. Possible the virus now exists in all cities of Iran. Wow. Quell the protests, silence the people, lock down the borders seems to be a re-occurring pattern.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bluetone22 has a new posting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The report is from CNN, "the University of Nebraska Medical Center for coronavirus after evacuating a cruise ship in Japan tested positive for the virus, the hospital says.
UNMC said in a statement Thursday that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention verified the Nebraska Public Health Lab results showing that 11 of the 13 patients have the novel coronavirus. The other two evacuees who were taken to the Omaha hospital tested negative, the statement said...Several people are exhibiting minor symptoms but others are not showing any symptoms..." www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

They have enough to be tested. Doesn't mean they will spread it. I am guessing some could but some may not. I am still not sure they know when exactly someone begins to shed or why.

It seems some can super-spread but others will test positive and somehow not infect their traveling companions despite days of close contact.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Is it not strange that all those people that left the cruise ship and were infected and more are testing positive, have left the boat and gone home but the countries count of infected patients hasn’t changed?
Yet during the initial evacuation when people were found to be infected those numbers belonged to the countries evacuating them.,, 😑

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Coronavirus-infected Americans flown back to US on plane full of healthy people. The 14 coronavirus-stricken Americans evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan were flown back to the US on a plane full of healthy people against advice from the CDC, a report said Thursday.
nypost.com...

The US has ten hospitals with biocontainment units, any where between 4 and 10 beds. Spokane's Sacred Heart has 10 beds, and it was announced Tuesday that they would be receiving 5 patients with Covid 19. News conferences assured us there was little risk to the public.
On Thursday four patients arrived from Travis Air Force Base. More news conferences to reassure the public, but crickets on what happened to the fifth patient.

The US didn't start screening people entering the country until January 17, and the first confirmed patient arrived January 15. Not sure how many people passed through Sea-Tac airport before screening began, but 'As many as 736 people come through Sea-Tac each day by way of two direct flights from China' was estimated before shutting down flights from China.

More than 5,400 people had been asked to self-quarantine in California as of February 14. I'm not super confident with the 'self quarantine' method.

February 21, 2020 at 6:00 a.m.
The first case of COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, has been confirmed in a Humboldt County resident, and “a close contact” with symptoms is also being tested, local public health officials announced Thursday.

The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport remains one of just 11 U.S. airports where all flights from China are funneled for further screening by the CDC.New federal rules require all travelers returning from China to undergo up to two weeks of monitoring to ensure they do not have an infection. While most will be quarantined at their homes, state health officials identified two potential quarantine facilities, in North Bend and Shoreline, to house returning passengers, should the need arise.

I think we'll be able to tell just how much China tried to hide/manipulate information. Travel gates were closed too late for containment, and the best we can hope for is a treatment lesson the impact on those how develop Covid 19.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

1. Unclear at best. Early official reports from what we know now are November. Wuhan reported case count and deaths officially to CCP in Beijing on Dec 31. Xi Jinping claims he issued orders on Jan 2nd but that’s in dispute and may be revisionist propaganda.

2. Around Jan 10 Chinese people would normally start traveling for Spring Festival with the peak starting around the 20th. Spring Festival was on Jan 25.

3. Unknown. Rumors were on social media in early Jan and some claims made in Dec.

4. Can’t find at moment, working for a living.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Problems with CDC coronavirus test delay expanded U.S. screening
The delay could impede the U.S. government’s ability to detect scattered cases before they snowball into larger outbreaks.

The delay has also hampered CDC’s plan to screen samples collected by its national flu-surveillance network for the coronavirus, according to Peter Kyriacopoulos, APHL's senior director of public policy. CDC hopes to use public health labs in Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle to screen samples that test negative for the flu and other common respiratory viruses for the coronavirus.

CDC confirmed the problems with the coronavirus test, and with using its flu-surveillance network to screen for the virus. But the agency declined to answer further questions on the matter.[...]

www.politico.com...
edit on Fri Feb 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED and trimmed quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is coming from Yahoo.....

With information from China scarce, U.S. spies enlisted to track coronavirus

China’s behavior causes the intelligence community to get involved,” said one of those sources, a former intelligence official. “Because no data means spying.”

The former official indicated that the most important issue being tracked is the Chinese leadership plans for what is known as “continuity of operations,” meaning the ability for the government to maintain its basic functions during an unprecedented crisis, such as nuclear war or natural disaster. 

In China, this might involve senior leaders leaving the country or seeking safety in shelters, “like U.S. doomsday bunkers,” said the source. The intel community, said the source, is seeing some signs Chinese officials are making those kinds of contingency plans, indicating the potential level of concern within Beijing

yahoo

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Looks to be South Korea as first outside case on around 19th jan

www.sciencemag.org...

Apologies South Korea was the third country
edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: earliest case I can find is Thailand on the 13th January (reported by the W.H.O)
And then Japan on the 16th january

encyclopedic.co.uk...
edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Updated info

edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

I want to clarify something to everyone on here, the story is certainly fake, but it's not disingenuous. You see, the No Sleep subreddit is a sub tailored to making ficitional enterntaining seem realistic. A good author will know what they're writing about and leave a sort of realism in their story so the thought of it being real can be entertained. Now sometimes you do get real stories on their, but as many others have figured out, this isn't one of them. But I do want to make sure no one thinks this is someone trying to spread fake news, this is just someone who was taking advantage of a current event to farm karma in a sub where most people know 99% of the stuff there aren't real.

Off Topic: I suggest everyone on ATS read about the Search and Rescue stories on that subreddit. Especially the one about the stairs in the woods. Again, the stories are likely fictional, but you never really know.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Interesting reports, including:

Although travel restrictions from Wuhan City and other cities across China may have reduced the absolute number of travellers to and from China, we estimated that about two thirds of COVID-19 cases exported from mainland China have remained undetected worldwide, potentially resulting in multiple chains of as yet undetected human-to-human transmission outside mainland China.

www.imperial.ac.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

I can't agree more, BNO & ATS are so informative, great community.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The US jumped to 35 overnight ?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think most of us here accept that the statistics from China are being manipulated and underrated.

Today, I finally got a hint of what might be the true "confirmed" numbers of infected people. I know I'll be trolled for not providing evidence. Unfortunately I can't say where I am exactly or what I do. Suffice to say, I work for the government of a European nation and we have people on the ground in many countries, including China. I can't elaborate anymore so as not to compromise my NDA. I'm not a BS artist, I have nothing to gain.

Right, if you're still with me, have an open mind and trust that I'm not looking for accolades, but simply want to keep members informed, then read on.

The estimated (not simply guessed) number of infected people in China (not sure about geographical distribution) is whatever daily figure is published multiplied by twenty (x20). I'll leave everyone to do their own calculations.

My heart sank when I read this today. It probably won't shock most people who have estimated high(er) figures; just seeing it in writing made me aware that this thing is deadly serious. I hope to God it is grossly overestimated, but I have no reason to doubt the source. Also, in a way, I'm thankful the stats didn't include the death count.

Please don't ask for proof, links, credentials, etc. I can say no more and the document was not for public consumption. I will update everyone if I have more info to share or at least, what I can say between the lines.

Stay safe everyone!!
edit on 21-2-2020 by Encia22 because: Fixed some typos.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
The US jumped to 35 overnight ?

Number includes the infected expatriated people from cruise & China

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anyone else feeling as if they are become immune to this virus-scare?
I don't mean that I don't care, I'm still prepared for should TSHTF... just, not at all surprised or emotionally affected by new information anymore.

Today two from my country came home from the corona-cruise. They took a plane, and when they came home they received a call with the 'orders' to quarantine themselves for two weeks. In an interview they said: "They could've said something a bit sooner, because we just took a train across the country to get home!"

so I just sat there shaking my head and started laughing...
it's like watching a bad soap on tv!

Anyway, I also want to thank everyone again who is still posting information and say that it is much appreciated!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Strange that on bno site the number on the cruise ship isn’t dropped though ( guess their just lagging on updating things, that cruise ship should be a totally separate entity ( not part of “rest of the world”) it’s just messing figures up ( suppose I should be used to that by now, how many “different” ways to count cases can there be China???) 🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Can't say I've been emotionally affected beyond concern for my wife and young son.

I have been more than a little fascinated at the process and the bad decisions as this has unfolded.

First real serious outbreak in my life and I want to know what's happening, who had success where was the weakness in the responses.

I feel bad for the people going through it, but I can't say I've lost sleep over there plight.. and yea I imagine that says something bad about me.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

I think WHO is still figuring out how to classify cases too:

The 21 repatriated include 18 former passengers of the Diamond Princess cruise ship that docked in Japan, plus three who had been previously evacuated from China. There are 10 additional passengers among the Diamond Princess evacuees who tested positive for the virus in Japan, and who Messonnier said will likely be added to the official US count once the Japanese test results have been adjudicated.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
I think most of us here accept that the statistics from the China are being manipulated and underrated.

Today I finally got a hint of what might be the true "confirmed" numbers of infected people. I know I'll be trolled for not providing evidence. Unfortunately I can't say where I am exactly or what I do. Suffice to say I work for the government of a European nation and we have people on the ground in many countries, including China. I can't elaborate anymore as not to compromise my NDA. I'm not a BS artist, I have nothing to gain.

Right, if you're still with me, have an open mind and trust that I'm not looking for accolades, but simply want to keep members informed then read on.

The estimated (not simply guessed) number of infected people in China (not sure about distribution) is whatever daily figure is published multiplied by twenty (20). I'll leave everyone to do their own calculations.

My heart sank when I read this today. It probably won't shock most people who have estimated high(er) figures; just seeing it in writing made me aware that this thing is deadly serious. I hope to God it is grossly overestimated, but I have no reason to doubt the source. Also, in a way, I'm thankful the stats didn't include the death count.

Please don't ask for proof, links, credentials, etc. I can say no more and the document was not for public consumption. I will update everyone if I have more info to share or at least, what I can say between the lines.

Stay safe everyone!!

Thank you for sharing this info.

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join