It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InterplanetaryHobo

The US used Kalitta Air 747-400s. These are configured as cargo aircraft, so they rolled on pallets with seats attached to them. In addition to the seats, there was an isolation chamber installed as well. Any passenger that was infected, or started to show symptoms was loaded into that chamber for the flight. It's called the Containerized Bio-containment System, or CBCS. It's also been referred to as the Aeromedical Biocontainment System, or ABCS.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Officials confirm 1st case of coronavirus in Sacramento County; patient in isolation

The adult patient returned from China to the United States on Feb. 2, according to a release from Sacramento County Public Health Services.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just got a note from my PCB assembler in Shenzhen. She said as of today they are back to work. Some employees are not back yet, but will be shortly. She also said things are getting better there.

So it looks like they may be lightening up on the lock-down/quarantine, at least in some areas.
edit on 21-2-2020 by MrRCflying because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

My partner and I may need to go to local hospital... I really hope it turns out to be nothing but we thought it was a stomach bug for a few days (works in elementary school with the 1st graders every day and stomach bug had been going around), now they have pain under right rib cage and definitely sounds like gall stones to me (I don't have much of a medical background)... waiting to hear what docs say now.

On "paper" we have 9 suspected cases but none confirmed.

I'll keep everyone posted.

If I do go I'll try to look for any disclaimers about SARCoV-2/COVID-19 and see if I can pick up on any other useful info, assuming this is just a minor procedure that needs to happen

edit on 21-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Phelan 15, I thank you for your response. The area I actually was trying to refer to, was more on the non-evacuation flights. That is my error, if I did not properly explain myself, and I apologize.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ugh. Sorry to hear, wish you both best of luck it turns out to be nothing serious.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Anyone else feeling as if they are become immune to this virus-scare?
I don't mean that I don't care, I'm still prepared for should TSHTF... just, not at all surprised or emotionally affected by new information anymore.

Not me.. I was taking it in stride until it was looking like it was getting out of control. Now, it looks like it is getting out of control

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

My partner and I may need to go to local hospital... I really hope it turns out to be nothing but we thought it was a stomach bug for a few days (works in elementary school with the 1st graders every day and stomach bug had been going around), now they have pain under right rib cage and definitely sounds like gall stones to me (I don't have much of a medical background)... waiting to hear what docs say now.

If I do go I'll try to look for any disclaimers about SARCoV-2/COVID-19 and see if I can pick up on any other useful info, assuming this is just a minor procedure that needs to happen

My wife just took our son to the doctors for an ear infection. They grilled her on the phone, which they never do, about being out of the country, any fever, certain symptoms, etc. Kind of unusual. I guess they got word to be more cautious.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Luck to you and your partner. Hurry back ( youre one of my faves... all fangirly giggles) and lets hope its normal old stuff. My oldest daughter has a stomach bug too.. intense nausea. Keeping an eye on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
I have some questions for the other people who have been actively involved in this topic. (I follow closely, but have bad short-term memory)

1; At what date was the Chinese government aware of the virus?
2; Which date did the mass traveling around the world occur?
3; When did the first wave of Chinese infections became known to the public?
4; Date of first confirmed cases out of China? (Likely Japan)

I have serious doubts about the incubation period and symptoms. I think the whole ''flu symptoms'' are a ruse.
I also think we are seeing MAD protocol in action. This thing wasn't released accidently.

Another date that I still find strange is talked about on the CDC.gov website, under the paragraph heading "CDC Response" on the situation summary page. They say:

"CDC established a COVID-19 Incident Management System on January 7, 2020. On January 21, 2020, CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center to better provide ongoing support to the COVID-19 response."

And to my knowledge, I had not even heard of the illness until about mid-January.

Link

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
I just got a note from my PCB assembler in Shenzhen. She said as of today they are back to work. Some employees are not back yet, but will be shortly. She also said things are getting better there.

So it looks like they may be lightening up on the lock-down/quarantine, at least in some areas.

that is very good news to hear, for us and them.

my fears have been ebbing on outbreak risk but rising on economic risk if China can get back to some level of normal.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I heard about it in December.. and others on here said it was actually noticed in October 2019. I posted it several times.. it WAS a published research paper that the strain was noted in the swine population in Guangdong in 2018.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: MrRCflying

that is very good news to hear, for us and them.

my fears have been ebbing on outbreak risk but rising on economic risk if China can get back to some level of normal.

Sure is. I have basically been out of work for the last month or more. They are a little backlogged, but say they can get the order done in 25 days.

I am going to fog the box, and the contents well with VitalOxide (hospital disinfectant) when it gets here. Just in case.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Oh gosh...Take care of yourselves and let us know how you all are! A lot of us really enjoy your posts.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
www.straitstimes.com...

Coronavirus: Wuhan to build 19 more makeshift hospitals as China struggles to contain epidemic

WUHAN (XINHUA) – Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak, plans to build another 19 makeshift hospitals to receive more infected patients, local authorities said Friday (Feb 21).

Upon their completion, all the makeshift hospitals in Wuhan are expected to offer 30,000 beds on Feb 25, said Mr Hu Yabo, deputy mayor of Wuhan at a press briefing on epidemic prevention and control.

To date, Wuhan has converted 13 existing venues into temporary hospitals, with a total of 13,348 beds, and about 9,313 beds have been put into use to treat patients with mild symptoms, said Mr Hu.

To improve their medical treatment capability, every makeshift hospital will be supplied with CT scanners and other medical equipment including ECG monitors, Mr Hu added.

Meanwhile, among these makeshift hospitals will be one converted from a factory. It will boast the largest number of beds among the city's makeshift hospitals.

The Rihai temporary hospital with 3,690 beds completed construction and passed checks on Thursday, according to one of its constructors, CCCC Second Harbour Engineering Company.

The hospital was converted from four empty plants, covering a total area of 54,000 square metres.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Officials confirm 1st case of coronavirus in Sacramento County; patient in isolation

The adult patient returned from China to the United States on Feb. 2, according to a release from Sacramento County Public Health Services.

1. I never knew so many people went to China! lol
2. They got back on Feb. 2; wow that was 19 days ago. I guess they have been isolated at home for 19 days without being around others.
3. But never fear: "The public’s risk of exposure is “extremely low,” officials said."
edit on 21-2-2020 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InterplanetaryHobo

Virus transmission on aircraft is actually pretty low. The people around the infected person may get sick, due to sneezing or coughing, but that's the same as anywhere else. There were reports years ago of transmission of TB on aircraft, but there were no confirmed cases of active TB from aircraft passengers. SARS was also found to have a low possibility of transmission on aircraft.

www.who.int...

An influenza model on aircraft found that you have an 80% chance of being infected by people in front or behind you, or within two seats on either side. It drops to 3% outside that. Granted, it was a small study (10 people on 10 transcontinental flights taking 229 samples from surfaces, and tracking passenger movement), but it found that outside of about 1 meter, your chances of infection drop to almost nothing. The 229 samples taken from surfaces showed no trace of the influenza virus.

www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No name given. "Adult patient". You think it might be one of those California border jumpers?

The coronavirus shows you how many Chinese people are roaming around this planet. Watch for heinikenvirus to see where the Dutch go.

But seriously. Many Chinese people are roaming around this planet getting stamped at all the destination synagogues.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

a reply to: MrRCflying

sorry to bear the bad news, but the chinese governmnent has now decided to punish those whom refuse to return to their sweatshops...

.... i really, and truly feel so sad for these humans. their government has decided that their economic activity is more important than their lives.

... and, i am sorry to say that it is immoral to take comfort in thier misery (not that you can do anything about it.)

""if there are employees who are not willing to come to work, for fear of being infected with the new coronavirus, the enterprise should take the initiative to persuade staff to return to work in time. the enterprise may deal with employees who fail to respond to persuasion or refuse to return to work for other abnormal reasons according to law.""

edit on 2020-02-21T15:06:38-06:0003America/Chicago02C-0600Feb-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

I heard about it in December.. and others on here said it was actually noticed in October 2019. I posted it several times.. it WAS a published research paper that the strain was noted in the swine population in Guangdong in 2018.

I wonder if the bioterrorists that were infecting the pig farms using drones were spreading this and not some swine flu a the original story had it?
NBC News

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join