It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
I'm about to leave for work and quickly scrolled through the last ten pages to see if anyone had read, or posted, about this on our thread by any chance. I made the mistake of reading it before going to sleep last night and tossed and turned all night. My rational self doesn't believe him, but with so much speculation about everything who knows. I'd like to believe it's fictitious though. I'd love to hear your opinions so that I can get some sleep tonight. Yikes!

www.reddit.com...

This has all the makings of our old pal Bernard Schnitzel. He was a frequent poster on new accounts on ATS with wild and outlandish stories that would get debunked quite quickly.

Actually has a similar writing style.

Hmmm

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The guys and gals at BNO must be absolutely shattered. To me they are doing some of the best news on this subject. Unlike our MSM. The Singapore case is related to previous case as is UAE. But the Japanese case is a nurse and is the first case in that prefecture. That's got to be bad news cos nurses see a lot of people

Coronavirus updates:
- 2 new cases in UAE
- 1 new case in Singapore
- 1 new case in Japan
- 2 new cases in Australia (former cruise ship passengers)
t.co...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I see a flaw in the plan!
how people are supposed to know the guy stood next to you in the queue at shop or atm or train station or post office or the guy handing you your change in the shop has been?🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

Are you sure? Because that isn't what they are suggesting,... I suggest that you click on the link to the report below and read the PDF.

Full-genome evolutionary analysis of the novel corona virus (2019-nCoV) rejects the hypothesis of emergence as a result of a recent recombination event

i 100% assure you that i read AND understood that paper...

From the report,
.....not a mosaic and, it is most closely related with the BatCoV.... the hypothesis that 2019-nCoV has originated from bats is very likely.

interpretation::: the novel coronavirus bears the genetic skelton (phylogeny) most similar to BATS (BatCoV).

The levels of genetic similarity between the 2019-nCoV and RaTG13 suggest that the latter does not provide the exact variant that caused the outbreak in humans.....

interpretation::: "the latter" (re: RaTG13) is NOT result in the current human outbreak. thus, the former (re: 2019-nCoV), has

... recombination....

speaking strictly as a biotechnogist, the word "recombination" refers SPECIFICALLY to the genetic cloning of two or more unrelated genomes. this process is carried out using a plasmid vector called pCMV/hygro. segments of the pCMV/hygro plasmid have been detected in blood sample analysis of the COVID-19 victims.

(((i hope that is making sense... i will reedit this post for clarity.)))
edit on 2020-02-21T09:41:43-06:0009America/Chicago02C-0600Feb-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

edit on 2020-02-21T09:42:11-06:0009America/Chicago02C-0600Feb-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That whole post on Reddit from a CCP intelligence officer is a fake. This person clearly doesn’t understand how the CCP is structured or operates.

His English is also to good to be true. Even a highly proficient English speaker in China would not structure an essay or post in this way. It defies Chinese logic for writing and it’s clearly written by a westerner. This neither employs common Chinese writing patterns (8 legged horse, bottom-up, or indirect/circular styles) or logical patterns.

I know because I taught English for much of my time in China before ascending into high level management. I also minored in English and was trained by both British Council and Cambridge University to teach English as a foreign and second language. (There’s my creds.
)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I read that story last night and loved it, made me laugh especially some of the tangents that individual went on at various points. It reminded me of one of my favorite stories here by a member years and years ago when they were posting that their wife was a reptilian and she ate the family cat it one bite.

Sounds like interesting work you do career wise, we have subject matter experts from everything on this site.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JSpader

I agree. If this were a true account, where are the cognitive & schizophrenic symptoms of people worldwide who are infected?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Just got a text from the doctors :

'if you have a cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, fever or runny nose and if you have been in contact with someone who has recently been to mainland china, hong kong, japan, korea, macau, malaysia, singapore or thailand that you DO NOT attend practice call 111.'

I'm in Salisbury (UK) for ref.

They need to add Italy and Iran to that list.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Just got a text from the doctors :

'if you have a cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, fever or runny nose and if you have been in contact with someone who has recently been to mainland china, hong kong, japan, korea, macau, malaysia, singapore or thailand that you DO NOT attend practice call 111.'

I'm in Salisbury (UK) for ref.

Its getting a wake up call here too. Masks are in short supply and its a 3 day holiday and most people ARE NOT traveling. Business is almost coming to a halt in many tourist places. What I haven't heard is how is Disneyland doing. Don't they own some kind of new organization?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

here is a particularly interesting and relevent description of the plasmid vector most probably used by the Wuhan laboratory in the construction of the novel coronavirus.

pCMV/hygro

The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses contains protrusions that will only bind to certain receptors on the host cell. Known receptors bind S1 are ACE2, ...

...The spike is essential for both host specificity and viral infectivity.

....The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. It's been reported that 2019-nCoV can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor.

....The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity. The main functions for the Spike protein are summarized as: Mediate receptor binding and membrane fusion;

.... Main component to bind with the neutralizing antibody; Key target for vaccine design; Can be transmitted between different hosts through gene recombination or mutation of the receptor binding domain (RBD), leading to a higher mortality rate.

edit on 2020-02-21T10:02:47-06:0010America/Chicago02C-0600Feb-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thank you, there are tons of great people on this forum with great backgrounds. I finally have a day off and I’m reading about recombination and the reinfection research. I only have general knowledge in those areas, not specific to coronavirus and am curious about some of the claims on both sides.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I may be possible what other nations are holding back to the public is not to cause "panic", but the Japanese have figured it out "give it to the people up front".

Japan has an almost entirely monocultural nation. The benefits of such are obvious across many spectrum, including how your nation handles bad news. You actually have shared values and shared cultural norms whereas the countries that are a hodgepodge of multiple cultures are nowhere near shared values and have very sparse cultural norms. In those regards, despite what the feel good narrative might say, America's weakness is America's diversity. We see that everyday... it is why we cannot consider increasing our social welfare programs or reaching socialized healthcare... while countries like Japan and Norway have cultural norms that include the cultural concept of shame that largely prevents the lazy from milking the system, the USA lacks that so while many Americans are hard workers and responsible for themselves, more than a few are not and are all too happy to take, take, take without any concept of shame.

Sounds like it is similar in Japan, news wise... the Japanese people would feel shame if they panicked. Americans? Not so much, as even the concept of shame has become sort of a hated ideal over here.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I introduced myself on page 2 thread 125.

My current update.

Work: again, surprisingly, no change. No visible, noticeable or otherwise preparedness seen or known of. So here at my location, we have not been tasked or warned off for any sort of aid to the civil authorities.

Domestic: we are prepared as best can be.

Opinion: I can see that it's spreading in other countries, some more than others. I have noticed the reduction in the amount of reporting of the virus in UK media (as mentioned elsewhere, most likely a D notice). Hearing stories from friends and wider circle of friends about the true extent of the virus here in the UK being unreported. Puzzled by the lack of social media coming out of those countries that are seeing an increase in the virus (not China as they are clamping down). If the government are really concerned about this and wanted to be prepared I would have thought we would have seen movement of some sort at work, nothing, or on a wider scale within the forces community. So I'm beginning to think that whatever plans are in place further up in the chain of command will be short notice once given as orders and disseminated regionally to all commands. If there is even a plan or the government has any intention of using us. Public Health England seem to be the lead in this. The sound of silence from the government and PHE (such as the Chief medical officer) is deafening. I firmly believe we are now being lied to. Still optimistic, still ready and prepared. If this were to develop into a bad scenario, once through the other side, the government and other agencies will be in the dock, I'm sure the people would want that.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: musicismagic
I may be possible what other nations are holding back to the public is not to cause "panic", but the Japanese have figured it out "give it to the people up front".

Japan has an almost entirely monocultural nation. The benefits of such are obvious across many spectrum, including how your nation handles bad news. You actually have shared values and shared cultural norms whereas the countries that are a hodgepodge of multiple cultures are nowhere near shared values and have very sparse cultural norms. In those regards, despite what the feel good narrative might say, America's weakness is America's diversity. We see that everyday... it is why we cannot consider increasing our social welfare programs or reaching socialized healthcare... while countries like Japan and Norway have cultural norms that include the cultural concept of shame that largely prevents the lazy from milking the system, the USA lacks that so while many Americans are hard workers and responsible for themselves, more than a few are not and are all too happy to take, take, take without any concept of shame.

Sounds like it is similar in Japan, news wise... the Japanese people would feel shame if they panicked. Americans? Not so much, as even the concept of shame has become sort of a hated ideal over here.

In Japan the welfare office visits the homes, they see cigs or alcohol, well, .. Its tough titty said the kitty. But yes, it is very difficult to get welfare here and housing also. Gangs are not permitted to get govt. housing and can not get a bank account. Right now it is a turning point since the aging society is like the wind, always going in one direction of "you can't touch the wind" meaning you can't replace the aging population with a one child birth rate. Right now with the corona virus it is at a low level of panic, but like I mention we now have a 3 day holiday and the cases of infection is on the rise and now 3 children are infected. My post, I really hope that people see the "possibility " in their country may come to fruit. We see a bit in China, but only the US military has the true scope on what is going on, and Trump is giving all he can for the American public not to panic, but personally, I know he knows the truth what is taking place and so does PM Abe here in Japan. That is why he said we got to make 10 million mask a day.
Can you folks here reading this understand that. Not China, but Japan.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

PM Abe's statement is effectively a call for wartime mobilization of industry.

Only a touch of flu? Hmm.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Coronavirus: Overview from 3D4Medical

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Have a link for that please? Much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

PM Abe's statement is effectively a call for wartime mobilization of industry.

Only a touch of flu? Hmm.

Cheers

Hey! Well see by tomorrow evening when the rush hour people all go home for a 3 day holiday. Really, masks are nowhere to be found in my town here. The dollar stores "100 yen " places, in about 60 days will be like a pond with no water. Its already showing . I'm not in panic mode at all because I know the sun will shine tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
I'm about to leave for work and quickly scrolled through the last ten pages to see if anyone had read, or posted, about this on our thread by any chance. I made the mistake of reading it before going to sleep last night and tossed and turned all night. My rational self doesn't believe him, but with so much speculation about everything who knows. I'd like to believe it's fictitious though. I'd love to hear your opinions so that I can get some sleep tonight. Yikes!

www.reddit.com...

Lol, I wouldn't worry about that one. It's written like it's by some nerd who wants to sell an idea for a video game.
edit on 21-2-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thanks for all the info over these 3 threads MM. Thanks to all the posters, it's much appreciated. It's good to see Im not the only one concerned. I live in Oklahoma and no one is really talking or worrying about this here. Me and mine are always prepped and ready to hunker down if need be. On the upside of all this, I have learned so much about Japan and the Japanese culture than I ever thought I would know. Stay safe and Healthy.

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join