It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

So the cats are infected but don't get sick, unlike ferrets? I live in an apartment and have a cat. Just wondering.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Ferrets are much more susceptible to respiratory infections that make us sick. Their study was very small with cats, usually they like to see more numbers with other controls thrown in to rule out researcher or project bias toward the data they want to see, they’re usually based on grant money and results worth investing in.

They determined that it’s possible, more research is needed and that based on their results, asymptomatic or mild symptom cats were a possible vector and reservoir in spreading SARS. They recommended additional studies and a review of spread in apartment buildings. SARS is similar to Wuhan, not exactly the same.

edit on 21-2-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Yeah I think so too - we have set up coronavirus pods here now - are they being used even?
I am guessing there it is here but we are being kept in the dark.
I don't think the news here in the UK has talked about it much, which in itself is strange because the media usually love to hype things up but we just aren't seeing it. I have been reading here and there online, in less conspiratorial places haha and some people think there could be a 'D' notice in place on reporting about aspects of it
en.wikipedia.org...
With the amount of travel between the UK and China, i find it hard to believe we have no new cases.

No it's bonkers. I was waiting for local transmission because I expected the sh# to hit the fan shortly afterwards (around 1 month). We go local transmission, and suddenly nothing else. Not even imported. Same most places in the West.

Meanwhile, hospitals were supposed to have a coronavirus pod. A coronavirus pod. One, at each hospital. Then I start seeing pictures of places having four or five extras being delivered... Nothing to see here...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I guess I must have missed it but now there are 4 deaths in Iran? I remember the 2 deaths from a day or so ago. Wow, things are either happening fast in Iran or the floodgates are just opening on how bad it is and it's been going on for a bit (?)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout

Does anyone have a link to the earlier post about what supplies we would need for a month? I've got some things but am sure I'm not prepped fully. I have a small inner city place so no real storage but don't want to be caught short if food does run low

Is this post by MrRCflying the one you're thinking of:

I am going to give some tips, and this is for everyone, not just directed at you. I think it is good information, and I don't want to hold on to it if it can help someone. I am not a prepper per se, but I have been preparing since the Ebola scare in 2014. I am not panicked, and have continued daily life. I have done some research, and believe I am ready to "shelter in place" if the SHTF.

?
edit on 21-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: Shorted quoted reply

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

originally posted by: checkmeout

Does anyone have a link to the earlier post about what supplies we would need for a month? I've got some things but am sure I'm not prepped fully. I have a small inner city place so no real storage but don't want to be caught short if food does run low

Is this post by MrRCflying the one you're thinking of:

I am going to give some tips, and this is for everyone, not just directed at you. I think it is good information, and I don't want to hold on to it if it can help someone. I am not a prepper per se, but I have been preparing since the Ebola scare in 2014. I am not panicked, and have continued daily life. I have done some research, and believe I am ready to "shelter in place" if the SHTF.

?

Yes, thank you that's the one!!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Let's just say I'm not going to run out and sacrifice our three cats because it might be possible. At this point, it's conjecture on a possible route for how this thing got itself put together more than anything.

The Chinese seemed to think it was possible it was in domestic animals when they ordered people to get rid of their pets, but at that point, they ordered all pets be gotten rid of. So that was more a recognition that animals in general can be/could be a vector.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm about to leave for work and quickly scrolled through the last ten pages to see if anyone had read, or posted, about this on our thread by any chance. I made the mistake of reading it before going to sleep last night and tossed and turned all night. My rational self doesn't believe him, but with so much speculation about everything who knows. I'd like to believe it's fictitious though. I'd love to hear your opinions so that I can get some sleep tonight. Yikes!

www.reddit.com...

edit on 21/2/2020 by Tukota because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Can anyone help me decipher which Pandemic stage we are currently at based on official numbers?

(source: en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:WHO_pandemic_phases.png)

Thanks in advance!

Well many places were on phase 4, weeks ago. Then all went quiet. Too quiet.

Places that haven't joined in with this presumed gagging order are clearly phase 5. So I expect 5 or 6 many places.

My worry is that we were 6 a while ago. Cases being hidden, deaths low enough to not raise suspicion yet. My family all came down with flu over a week ago. Mild for me and the kids, though I do feel rough, my better half had low fever for 3 or 4 days though, and now aches all over and cough is worse, not terrible though. Just a worry. We've also been really careful and live out in the sticks. Kids brought it home from school. Now really don't know what to do about next week at school. If we've had it, great, if not... I'm really not confident they would tell us. Want to keep kids off to be safe, but for how long!? Will we be in the same position at the end of next week? Certain it's spreading but officially clueless? Hard not to be angry.
edit on 21-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
For those that are following my updates here in Japan, there's a pattern that by now you are noticing.
1. My updates have usually been very mild in nature and did my best from any sensitizing my updates, but OK, maybe the last few have gone over board , but not so much in the "the other people here are panicking, but maybe me".
2. The fact is now Japan is a stage now "tonight" on the news (and it was stated) by me that transportation will be next in line to ... I don't know, I read what is in the future here. But when the news (look people, here the TV news, honestly, they don't hold back) . Yes, it is true, they really are NOT causing people to panic. I guess it is in the language they use, but they are giving it to us straight on HOW the virus is growing and what now to be aware of.
3. I may be possible what other nations are holding back to the public is not to cause "panic", but the Japanese have figured it out "give it to the people up front". That way it will soak in over time. On the cruise ship, everyone knows it was total kayooze (sp). Heck even I know that just by the pictures on TV.
Here are my 3 recent post. For those of you that are wondering, why am posting mostly facts, well, its the springboard to what may happen in your own back yard. Currently there is no way to contain this virus and there is no drug yet available ... sorry I didn't understand what they said on TV by the person speaking.
Japan is going on a 3 day holiday now, remember the Chinese let the people enjoy their holiday and then BOOM.
Fukuoka is actually a very big turning point in southern Japan, reason why, well we have an world-wide international airport there. And now we have 2 people that is down with the virus. This is big news for this area because actually no one really thought it would be here, yet now its here.
my 2 recent post and I like to thank you all for reading and the pm's . I know some of you now also have it as in a "front-line " situation and for those that don't, I'll tell ya, it scary as all he... knowing if quarantines take place, one has really got them cupboards to be stock. Look at China.

www.abovetopsecret.com... 2-19
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

3 sentences in and I think it's a troll...

I have a doctorate from a leading university in a western country, which is why I am able to write my account in English.

As if other Chinese who have doctorates from non-Western universities can't write in English? Ludicrous. The poster seems to be already trying to explain why people would be skeptical in the first few sentences. Red flag #1.

I'll keep reading though...
edit on 21-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Complete BS, the US and the Soviets got rid of nukes, ahahah. That should be your first red flag clue plus 100% fatality.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I read this from a post on here a good few days ago, i think it's false but if true then wow.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm with you there. I'd die for my pets.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader

Complete BS, the US and the Soviets got rid of nukes, ahahah. That should be your first red flag clue plus 100% fatality.

Thank you, and I concur. It was so late and his post was so long, I fell asleep reading it three times. I kept thinking, this can't be true, they'd kill the guy before letting him post if even a smidgeon of it were true.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Hahaha no, just no. I stopped reading when they said the nuclear weapons had all been destroyed.

Does make a great story though.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
I read this from a post on here a good few days ago, i think it's false but if true then wow.

IKR?! It's got all the makings for a good movie though.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Exactly, as the communists couldn’t backtrack to see who had to pay for a bullet. Perhaps the story is Contagion 2.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just got a text from the doctors :

'if you have a cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, fever or runny nose and if you have been in contact with someone who has recently been to mainland china, hong kong, japan, korea, macau, malaysia, singapore or thailand that you DO NOT attend practice call 111.'

I'm in Salisbury (UK) for ref.
edit on 21-2-2020 by johnb because: sp

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join