It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: SoNotYabiz

I would differ. You are on the TOP of the epidemiological society; from data we have been shown, your survival odds are the best. That is maybe one of the best things about this virus. You are the future.

Like I told my daughter, my concern for her (as a young, poor, uber taking school nurse) is more the threat of quarenteen , than any long term illness.

Hang in there. A lot of us old people were all once in your shoes. Moreso than you might think.

Maybe the meek will actually inherit the earth for the first time? Lol. It’s gonna be a bunch of taco trucks and shared hippie-yurts and dream-catchers everywhere. Let’s go COVID-19!!! Lol

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Malaysia and Australia have started allowing people from Wuhan to leave quarantine... after a 14day stay.

It's difficult to feel good or bad about this... There is a report stating the incubation is 24days...

I'm really hoping these countries are testing the people several times... and im talking 7-8-9 times.... before they're allowed to leave

As an Australian I'm in two minds about the 14 day release. If one of those released infects anyone else then the responsible agency will be canned.

Okay, 24 days, I'm good with that. Anyone released after this longer period and is responsible for another infection then I guess it's back to the drawing board.

My thoughts,

Bally

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
In Australia we had 5 or 6 people infected from 1 tour group. I believe it was a bus.. they were all Chinese.
They would have gone to hotels as well, but we've had no reported infections anywhere. Surely if so many were infected in a group, on a bus and out in public each day... someone would have been infected by now.. but its contained!

Whats Australia got that China and other Asian countries dont have..

I'm thinking dry air...

Air-con and set temperature environments like hospitals, cruise ships and hotels or overly humid countries (ie Singapore/Vietnam) is where the virus is spreading. There's moisture in all of those!

Thoughts?
edit on 18/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz

I’m the lowest-rung of the epidemiological society: I’m an Uber-driver living in a motel (because of this amazing trump economy, lol) sharing custody of my two elementary-aged kids who wash their hands at school as much as you would expect a 10 and 8 year old to wash anything. So, like, never, lol.

As it stands, I need to worry about them dying from a combination of things: suicide by social media bullying; improperly using car restraints; contact sports including cheer and gymnastics; accidental drowning; and being kicked to death by donkeys.

Plus, we live near the beach, so sharks might be an issue as well, lol.

Covid-19? Nah, I’m not falling for this ish again. If we’re not at risk of bleeding to death out our arses, I’m not bothered. 😉

actually... severe cases of COVID-19 may cause sepsis and thrombocytopenia (symptoms of thrombocytopenia includes bleeding from the rectum... pretty much bleeding from all body openings)

WHO Clinical Management of COVID-19
edit on 2am4amb20202amTue, 18 Feb 2020 04:06:43 -0600 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
exactly.. 14 days isnt a small amount.. 21-25 is a bit much too ask.. especially when people are tested negative.

I just hope they're tested a lot before release!...

a reply to: bally001

edit on 18/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SoNotYabiz

Your generation will inherit this earth. What you do with it is up to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
nm

edit on 18-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Just something to make us go Hummmmm. asiatimes.com...
" Coronavirus ‘lab leakage’ rumors spreading "

The Wuhan Institute of Virology, located in the provincial capital of Hubei, which is the ground zero of the contagion, has been thrust into the media spotlight by the allegation last week that it leaked “bio-hazardous agents.”

Posts circulating on WeChat and Weibo claim that a researcher at the institute was the first to be infected by the novel coronavirus, now called Covid-19 by the World Health Organization.

The female virologist and a graduate from the institute, referred to as “patient zero,” had never visited the city’s shambolic wet market – also known as the “zoo” – where a range of wild animals were sold. The market has been identified by the authorities as the most probable source of the deadly pathogen.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This isn't my field, but I imagine it's not actually possible to always prove a virus is man-made.

You get a sample of SARS-like Coronavirus from bats (from China if that's the target...). This doesn't jump to humans, so you bombard pigs with it. Once one is infected, you use that virus to bombard human cells. Once that is infected you have your sparkly new virus.

This can, and does happen in nature, it just takes a very long time for everything to happen just right. What you've done in the lab is just speed it up. Bring known intermediary hosts in contact, A LOT, speeding it up and making an unlikely event likely.

The virus created does not look any different to how it would if it were created naturally.

This isn't like the movies unfortunately, where you can see some evil genius' signature written in the virus, but... If the virus has picked up a mutation from something it would never have come across in the wild, such as using a penguin to jump to a polar bear, then you have strong evidence that this is unnatural.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: reworded for clarity

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

*Points to massive sheds full of chickens and pigs that keep getting h5n1 or other illnesses-*

Looks like the perfect environment for that kinda thing tbh, maybe natures way of putting an end to bad methods of farming!, food for thought ( pun not intended)
edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

*Points to massive sheds full of chickens and pigs that keep getting h5n1 or other illnesses-*

Looks like the perfect environment for that kinda thing tbh, maybe natures way of putting an end to bad methods of farming!, food for thought ( pun not intended)

Not farming bats, but yes, this is why entire farms are culled/destroyed at the first sign of infection and you don't have a kindergarten in the middle of a battery farm.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

A metedata analysis is what is needed to really put the ethnic story of ACE2 to rest. The image below contains the results from an older one in 2007. The geographic distribution of the ACE II genotype : a novel finding

Another issue with determining actual ACE2 count does appear to be environmental as well, effects of smoking for example. There does appear to be some genetic contribution to the actual ACE2 count in an individual too. The fact that everyone has some levels of ACE2 regardless of ethnicity is enough cause of concern that everyone is at risk and needs to take precautions.

The paper you linked to did provide a good explanation of just what ACE2 helps with, the Renin–angiotensin system. Or basically blood pressure and sodium levels. A description and image of this system from Wikipedia.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Hmm, looks like those from the middle East are extremely low on ACE2, maybe retribution for the Chinese Muslims. Of course this is a conspiracy site after all.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
James Lyons-Weiler, the researcher who claimed the pShuttle-SN plasmid was present in the SARS-cov-2 genome, has admitted he was wrong. He doe's think SARS-2.0 is possibly from a vaccine, but he would say that as he is a well known anti-vaxer, but that is another story....

jameslyonsweiler.com...

THE HYPOTHESIS.

Step 1: Background knowledge. No one could ID the novel segment. There had been 5 coronavirus outbreaks in China in seven years; 4 from the lab, 1 from a civet (cat-like animal) as an intermediate host. Vaccines made using recombined SARS spike proteins have been made and have undergone testing since the mid-2000’s.

Step 2: Initial observations. I found it to match p-ShuttleSN, which was clearly related (somehow) to the Coronavirus Spike protein. Found a patent for a SARS vaccine that used pShuttle-SN to move a SARS spike protein into an adenovirus.

Step 3: I made the bold conjecture, given the background knowledge of a 4:1 risk of accidental vs. laboratory release of SARS coronavirus, that this was (a) likely an accidental laboratory release, and (b) most likely of laboratory origin

I used phylogenetics to determine the relationship of all of the Spike protein sequences I could access, including pShuttle-SN. I sought new evidence: If pShuttle-SN turned out to be most closely related to SARS CoV 2, it may well be related causally.

It wasn’t. It clustered with SARS CoV-1, specifically, in what I call the “Cancer Center cluster”, with sequences from a Genome Center. While it was possible to replicate the alignment issue with other coronaviruses, it seemed to be related to a shorted N-terminal Domain of the S1 section of the Spike protein. Noted.

Further test: Other artificially modified spike proteins might be most closely related to SARS CoV 2.

They aren’t.

Result: Using motifs, I searched known B-Coronavirus Spike proteins to see if there were any older sequences from nature that also include the motif pattern that appears to be indicate (may be) indicative of a the special pathogenicity in SARS CoV 2. I found one that matched all of the known closest relatives and examples of SARS CoV 2. It was from 2005 and from a natural source: a bat.

pShuttle-SN is made from the SARS spike protein. In part 2 of the update thread, I ran the pShuttle-SN genetic sequence through the Genbank database, there was an expected high match for SARS spike protein, but only a low match for 2019-ncov/ SARS-cov-2. This showed that the pShuttle-SN was not present in the SARS-2.0 genome.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Brave Chinese heckles CCP,real footage of coronavirus in China,Wuhan

A brave person calls out Wechat censorship at a CCP meeting. The breakdown of transportation is affecting agriculture production reaching the people. What does get through is getting more expensive.

My Family is Treating People with Corona Virus in New York

A New York medical worker expresses his frustrations in the government management of the situation. Fears for his family who is also on the front lines in the medical community.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Nice find!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Lets hope these locusts can't pick up this virus, otherwise there will be mass of people nfected as they approach china.

Locust plague approaches China, but Taiwan unlikely to fall victim

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

As China was still dealing with an expanding Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a locust plague which had decimated agriculture in East Africa was approaching the Asian country

Locust plague reaches coronavirus-hit China after wreaking havoc across Africa

Chilling footage has shown thousands of insects swarming the skies at a border in China. They reportedly come from a plague that has devastated east Africa in recent weeks

A gigantic swarm of locusts that belong to a plague that has ravaged millions of acres of crops across east Africa has been spotted reaching the Chinese border. Billions of the insects have destroyed food supplies across Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia in what has been described as the worst plague for decades. With vast swathes of the population in the region already facing food shortages due to poverty, the United Nations has warned action must be taken to avoid another “shock” to the region. But footage has now surfaced showing thousands of the locusts seemingly reaching the border of China, adding yet more problems to a country struggling to contain the deadly coronavirus.

edit on 18-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Just something to make us go Hummmmm. asiatimes.com...
" Coronavirus ‘lab leakage’ rumors spreading "

The Wuhan Institute of Virology, located in the provincial capital of Hubei, which is the ground zero of the contagion, has been thrust into the media spotlight by the allegation last week that it leaked “bio-hazardous agents.”

Posts circulating on WeChat and Weibo claim that a researcher at the institute was the first to be infected by the novel coronavirus, now called Covid-19 by the World Health Organization.

The female virologist and a graduate from the institute, referred to as “patient zero,” had never visited the city’s shambolic wet market – also known as the “zoo” – where a range of wild animals were sold. The market has been identified by the authorities as the most probable source of the deadly pathogen.

That's just messed up, patent zero never went to market, yet every mainstream news agency will say the virus originates from the market..

Things that make you go hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: solarone
Oh no! I'm just catching up I've been following them.
That sucks

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Lets hope these locusts can't pick up this virus, otherwise there will be mass of people nfected as they approach china.

Locust plague approaches China, but Taiwan unlikely to fall victim

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

As China was still dealing with an expanding Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a locust plague which had decimated agriculture in East Africa was approaching the Asian country

Locust plague reaches coronavirus-hit China after wreaking havoc across Africa

Chilling footage has shown thousands of insects swarming the skies at a border in China. They reportedly come from a plague that has devastated east Africa in recent weeks

A gigantic swarm of locusts that belong to a plague that has ravaged millions of acres of crops across east Africa has been spotted reaching the Chinese border. Billions of the insects have destroyed food supplies across Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia in what has been described as the worst plague for decades. With vast swathes of the population in the region already facing food shortages due to poverty, the United Nations has warned action must be taken to avoid another “shock” to the region. But footage has now surfaced showing thousands of the locusts seemingly reaching the border of China, adding yet more problems to a country struggling to contain the deadly coronavirus.

What makes you think locusts can get this?

Good lord man.... No lol 🤦‍♂️

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join