It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: KTemplar

I saw an oriental man at the market 2 weeks ago, and the whites of his eyes were all red.

I wash my hands constantly, but it got me thinking, who knows what this guy touched; or the people who left the cruise in NJ touched.

Yeah, the wife and I did some grocery shopping today. We declined to buy any fresh produce. We only wanted food items that are pre-packaged. Actually bought a LOT of canned goods.

I'm sure you have watched people in the produce sections handling everything to check for freshness and blemishes. How long would this virus live on something like, say a tomato skin? Or on an apple? Yeah, we wash off the fruits and vegetables, but is that enough? Doesn't do your decontamination procedure much good if you wash your hands like crazy when you get home, but you just do a casual rinse off of a grape and pop it into your mouth, now does it?

I like your post: Very thoughtful with a lot of common sense insight. Although one thing: never buy pre-packaged stuff that has been cut for salads. DON'T. If you did, I'd recommend throwing it away. Fresh vegetables should be fine, at least the ones you can cook.

Thanks for the kind words.

No, when I said "pre-packaged" I was referring to food items that are sealed at the point of origin. Like goods that are canned, boxed, or otherwise sealed against anyone sticking their fingers on or into the product. We bought heavy on canned goods that were in cases of multiple cans sealed in factory plastic wrap on a cardboard flat. We washed out hands liberally afterwards, and the intent is to just set this all in storage in the hopes we won't really need it, but it will be there, just in case.

I'm hoping that Florida is not carrying a load of infected victims at this point, but I don't really have a canary in the coal mine that I feel I can trust. We went to both Costco and Sam's club, which if you don't have them in your area, sell items in rather large lots compared to the regular grocery store. It was a bit busy at both of them, but nothing like panic buying and I didn't see anyone wearing gloves or masks. No obvious stocking up of items that I would consider as "prepping". Like we were doing on a somewhat small scale. No one seemed to be making any noticeable efforts to keep their distance from other shoppers. So my opinion is that people in this area (Tallahassee, FL) are either unaware of this coronavirus thing, or else are still feeling secure enough that it is not a local problem they need to be concerned about.

I hope that doesn't change.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SoNotYabiz

still an on going outbreak its just not" news" anymore so people dont hear about it and worry so much and ebola tend to incapacitate and kill with ovious sign of the virus.
and on the "news" id expect to see MSM start to drop the story this week as well ( short of some relevant changes or updates ( most likely told to allow it to drop to calm the public too though)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz
I was here for the Ebola outbreak, and we all freaked out (for good reasons) about it. We’re all still here to freak out about the snowflake-flu.

We’re gonna be fine. Drink some OJ every morning and wash your hands. This isn’t the end of the world. Buckling your children into proper safety seats will save more people than are at risk of death from this outbreak.

I'll drink some oj to that

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Rich Z
Definitely. Public restrooms are a double edge sword, needing them to wash hands, but breathing in air after someone just unloaded could get you sick. The odor you are smelling are small particles of fecal matter that could have the virus on it. I have seen places with a wash sink for hands out separate of the restroom but those are rare.

health.howstuffworks.com...

Yeah, and please someone, explain to me why many public rest rooms have a door handle on the INSIDE that you need to grab with your hand and pull in order to exit the washroom. Doesn't matter that you washed your hands after you did your business. Probably the last six people who exited by using that handle did no such thing. But yeah, it was helpful wasn't it that the toilet flushed without you having to touch it, the faucet gushed water out of it without having to touch it, and the hand drying fan worked without having to touch it. All for nothing when you got to the door handle to exit.

Bloody good point!
I was a germaphobe in my younger years and thought of 'touchless' toilets years ago,
but until recently (re modern toilets) I've always used a bit of tissue to open toilet doors to exit, then just drop the the tissue behind the door as you leave.

I'm sure the cleaners have worse things to clean up

Anyway there's my small tip to keep your hands clean when leaving a public toilet.

Stay clean! 👍🏻

edit on 18-2-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
update 18/02/2020 09:27
MAINLAND CHINA

TOTAL 72,437
deaths 1,869
recovered 11,741
recovered 12,552
suspected 6,242
OTHER PLACES
Diamond Princess 454
deaths 0
serious 19
recovered 17
rest of the world

TOTAL 898
deaths 5
serious/critical 36
source:
bnonews.com...

and the Johns Hopkins CSSE map has been corrected overnight with what looks like was double adding of the cruise ship patients

files.abovetopsecret.com...

source:
Johns Hopkins

edit:
opinion.
looking at the Johns Hopkins graphs and the bno figures ( as far as they can be trusted) it appears things are slowing / plateauing, i would expect figures for "rest of the world to show an increase over the next day or so ( due to american evacuees infected being added to usa tally)
edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: imo on graphs

for those wishing to compare to the flu

link to image
files.abovetopsecret.com...
source of info
WHO flu graphs

edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: comparison to flu

edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: links not posting correctly

edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I really want to be on your side of thinking. Was a week ago. But, I have been closely reading and watching all the "expert" information, and suddenly I see a lot of worry in their faces and words.

At this point, I think the politicians have F'd up beyond recovery, and this event is going global.

End of the world, NO! End of somewhere between 5% and 15% of the population, quite possibly.

Try this, just for me, wear an N95 mask and gloves to go out for gas and groceries. REALLY try to maintain sterile conditions.

When you get home, think about you car interior, clothing, the gear you strip off and dump in the garage, the bottom of your shoes, not to mention the supplies you bring into your "safe space" like canned goods and apples, or the bags the canned goods and apples were in, and then think about how if our wonderful politicians let the virus get wild in your neighborhood.

I wrote my daughter tonight "I think it would be vain to think you can avoid getting this virus if it gets in your neighborhood. Your best strategy is probably to boost your immune system as much as you can, try not to get a winter disease, and prep for four weeks of quarenteen. In three weeks, we will know if it is here." She is a school nurse.

Her demographic, survival rate is pretty good, if it does arrive here. Dear Wife and I, not as good. Ya do what ya can.

edit on 18-2-2020 by Oleman because: Accidentally mixed Part A with Part B, trying to umix them.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ketsuko

If this was bio engineered weapon it wouldn't have been released before those who released it were inoculated against its effects. Since some important officials have already died of it, it looks like this is not the case.
It is behaving like a Bio engineered weapon, its overwhelmed the hospital services, and civil society to the point where a failure to contain it has caused marshal law and economic collapse in arguably the number one economy on Earth.
Wuhan is so bad all news coming from the city is censored. The thing now to watch out for is a breakdown in the Army . Barracks are ideal places for the virus to take hold. If the Central government find problems with enforcement due to lack of manpower and China breaks down. The world has a serious problem. Far greater than the virus.

The USA should NEVER have put so many of it's eggs in China's basket anyway. They are about to learn why not pretty shortly. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: kross1974
My only question is we still see our congressmen and elites walking around without masks and still in the public, hell Trump was in a large NASCAR crowd, surely if it was as widespread and bad here as some of you make it they wouldn't be doing this??

By the time you see them walking around in masks (if ever) it would be far far far too late.

They wont have them out where they are at risk

Yeah, you would only be seeing them on a video screen while they were secured deep within some secret mountain retreat. If (when?) we see that happening, time to make certain your affairs are all in order. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman

I really want to be on your side of thinking. Was a week ago. But, I have been closely reading and watching all the "expert" information, and suddenly I see a lot of worry in their faces and words.

At this point, I think the politicians have F'd up beyond recovery, and this event is going global.

End of the world, NO! End of somewhere between 5% and 15% of the population, quite possibly.

Try this, just for me, wear an N95 mask and gloves to go out for gas and groceries. REALLY try to maintain sterile conditions.

When you get home, think about you car interior, clothing, the gear you strip off and dump in the garage, the bottom of your shoes, not to mention the supplies you bring into your "safe space" like canned goods and apples, or the bags the canned goods and apples were in, and then think about how if our wonderful politicians let the virus get wild in your neighborhood.

I wrote my daughter tonight "I think it would be vain to think you can avoid getting this virus if it gets in your neighborhood. Your best strategy ismprobably to boost your immune system as much as you can, try not to get a winter disease, and prep for four weeks of quarenteen. In three weeks, we will know if it is here." She is a school nurse.

Her demographic, survival rate is pretty good, if it does arrive here. Me and wife, not as good. Ya do what ya can.

Hey! Great what you posted. See we are on the same page. But you got include "public toilets". Please don't let your kids use them. The cell phones, try not to use them outside your house. Many reasons for that.

Gosh, I'm glad others now are posting the importance of what really matters. Thanks a million oleman

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ketsuko

If this was bio engineered weapon it wouldn't have been released before those who released it were inoculated against its effects. Since some important officials have already died of it, it looks like this is not the case.
It is behaving like a Bio engineered weapon, its overwhelmed the hospital services, and civil society to the point where a failure to contain it has caused marshal law and economic collapse in arguably the number one economy on Earth.
Wuhan is so bad all news coming from the city is censored. The thing now to watch out for is a breakdown in the Army . Barracks are ideal places for the virus to take hold. If the Central government find problems with enforcement due to lack of manpower and China breaks down. The world has a serious problem. Far greater than the virus.

The USA should NEVER have put so many of it's eggs in China's basket anyway. They are about to learn why not pretty shortly. IMHO.

What most Americans don't know that in China
1. Chinese own 48% of your company
2. Contracts in China are only a "SUGGESTION".
3. Chinese can and will confiscate your belonging and trade ideas

and whatever else they can dream up

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Building regulations, something about doors having to open inwards in event of a fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Interview With Someone Trapped in Wuhan - Episode #20

This is a 1 1/2 hour video with Serpentza discusses some of the of issues with the WHO and CCP reaction to the virus. From the 20 min to 1 hour mark it includes someone currently in Wuhan talking about their experiences. With the state of China media they do not know a lot more than we do. Does share their experiences.

Basically was told not to talk about when the rumors of SARS surfaced in December 2019. Has been getting mixed messages along the way trying to down play the seriousness of the issue. Is currently living in a lock down with only one exit amongst the nearby group of apartments that is monitored. Keeps getting told the peek will be over in two weeks. They have not been going out to avoid infection and is eating less to avoid having to go out and get more food.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
OMG! This news report is beyond comprehension! Seattle! 3:45
They put the "suspected cases" in a hotel, and wouldnt tell the ambulence drivers why they should wear masks?!?
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman

I wrote my daughter tonight "I think it would be vain to think you can avoid getting this virus if it gets in your neighborhood. Your best strategy ismprobably to boost your immune system as much as you can, try not to get a winter disease, and prep for four weeks of quarenteen. In three weeks, we will know if it is here." She is a school nurse.

Her demographic, survival rate is pretty good, if it does arrive here. Me and wife, not as good. Ya do what ya can.

I’m the lowest-rung of the epidemiological society: I’m an Uber-driver living in a motel (because of this amazing trump economy, lol) sharing custody of my two elementary-aged kids who wash their hands at school as much as you would expect a 10 and 8 year old to wash anything. So, like, never, lol.

As it stands, I need to worry about them dying from a combination of things: suicide by social media bullying; improperly using car restraints; contact sports including cheer and gymnastics; accidental drowning; and being kicked to death by donkeys.

Plus, we live near the beach, so sharks might be an issue as well, lol.

Covid-19? Nah, I’m not falling for this ish again. If we’re not at risk of bleeding to death out our arses, I’m not bothered. 😉

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

#BREAKING: 107 Malaysians evacuated on special flight on Feb 4 from Chinese city of Wuhan at epicentre of #COVID19 outbreak were today allowed to go home after completing a two-week quarantine.

The number includes positive #COVID19 cases #11 and #12, who have fully recovered.

twitter.com...

Malaysia and Australia have started allowing people from Wuhan to leave quarantine... after a 14day stay.

It's difficult to feel good or bad about this... There is a report stating the incubation is 24days...

I'm really hoping these countries are testing the people several times... and im talking 7-8-9 times.... before they're allowed to leave

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Asians do not have higher ACE2 than other races. This is a non peer reviewed paper at this time.
www.preprints.org...

Based on the available data, we conclude that Asians do not express ACE2 at a higher level and do not bear unique genetic polymorphisms in ACE2.

The recurrent coronavirus outbreaks in China may be better explained by the high diversity of coronaviruses and their animal hosts, as well as the Chinese food culture.

We, therefore, caution any use of race to predict the susceptibility to SARSCoV-2 among individuals; individuals of all races require the same level of personal protection against SARS-CoV-2.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
nm
edit on 18-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

BREAKING: 88 new infections on Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan. This is out of 681 additional people tested. Overall, 542 infections out of 2,404 people tested. 65 of new 88 cases have no symptoms.

twitter.com...

540 infected from 2404 tested - and a total pool of 3600 souls on board

1 in 5 are infected....

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I would differ. You are on the TOP of the epidemiological society; from data we have been shown, your survival odds are the best. That is maybe one of the best things about this virus. You are the future.

Like I told my daughter, my concern for her (as a young, poor, uber taking school nurse) is more the threat of quarenteen , than any long term illness.

Hang in there. A lot of us old people were all once in your shoes. Moreso than you might think.

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join