It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
@BNODesk

BREAKING: Liu Zhiming, the head of Wuchang Hospital in Wuhan, has died of coronavirus - CCTV
twitter.com...

The guy was 31. Weird because a few people seem to think this disease kills only old people and small children.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Born 1969, he was 50 / 51.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kross1974

He was vaccinated against it at the end of last year...

link   
Ah lol looks like I got an athlete. Either way 50 is young. Especially for a doctor that presumably had the best medical care available.

link   
Ah lol looks like I got an athlete. Either way 50 is young. Especially for a doctor that presumably had the best medical care available.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

It is some what common for virus to use a recombination process with whatever resources are available in the cell. Where the retrovirus differs is in how it alters the DNA of the host cell.

Once inside the host cell's cytoplasm, the virus uses its own reverse transcriptase enzyme to produce DNA from its RNA genome, the reverse of the usual pattern, thus retro (backwards). The new DNA is then incorporated into the host cell genome by an integrase enzyme, at which point the retroviral DNA is referred to as a provirus. The host cell then treats the viral DNA as part of its own genome, transcribing and translating the viral genes along with the cell's own genes, producing the proteins required to assemble new copies of the virus. It is difficult to detect the virus until it has infected the host. At that point, the infection will persist indefinitely.

Wikipedia

While we are dealing with a new virus I am open to potential theories and possibilities. At this time I have not seen enough evidence to classify this new virus as a retrovirus. The mechanisms of a retrovirus is well know these days and I am yet to see any similarities with this process. The replication process of coronovirus are also well know and 2019-nCoV is following a similar pathway from what I have seen so far.

Does this new virus has some new mechanism to affect the host cell DNA, like harmonic resonance for example? I don't know. Keeping a heads up for what implications the virus has on the host cells DNA is wise, especially when determining what long term implications will result from infection.

Very good for watching out for retrovirus type implications. At this time I do not conclusively see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: GlobalGold
CDC mentions this - I added the Bold to text

"It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads," according to the CDC's website.

Link?

Does it say what the main way of the virus spreading actually was?

sorry shoulda gave link

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Yea, I don't think age has much to do with it.? It would be interesting to see a list of ages for the current 1,873 fatalities and graph that out.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just noticed, the "Rest of the World" infections on covid19info.live have doubled in the past week!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: confiden
a reply to: tanstaafl

Those are only the cases we have found. Surely you understand that we cannot test everyone in the world every day to know the exact numbers. You have to use your judgement if that many were found in the population of X million, how many were asymptomatic never tested, had a false-positive result and not retested or misdiagnosed as flu.

I honestly don't care if there are people who have it but never know it.

What I care about is how many people who get it develop serious conditions, and how many die.

And the fact that we do not have a large jump in serious complications from flu/pneumonia, means that we don't currently have a massive outbreak of a deadly (to many people) virus occurring.

Unless this is the second wave just in China, and the rest of the world is just now only getting the first wave. Maybe it's not the virus that mutates, but the first wave just softens up the target for the next round while only exhibiting mild symptoms. I don't believe it will be wise to underestimate this thing.

Like I've said before, we are missing something important. And I think that there are some people in China that know the answers. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I'm watching a live interview with one of the passengers from last night's flight, Jerry Goldman?, who just admitted she and her husband lied about being clear from testing.

He's now very ill and she's awaiting news about his condition and her own.

WTF???

So much to unpack there.

Those apparently are the kind of people that self quarantine wouldn't work for. To hell with everyone else.... IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This extradinaire measure is a bit mind blowing.

China is Disinfecting and Destroying Cash to Contain the Coronavirus

As the novel coronavirus outbreak continues to batter China, the country’s central bank has implemented a new strategy to contain the virus—deep cleaning and destroying potentially infected cash.

All Chinese banks must now literally launder their cash, disinfecting it with ultraviolet light and high temperatures, then storing it for seven to 14 days before releasing it to customers, said the central Chinese government in a press release on Saturday.

View the first 15 seconds.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: checkmeout

You could be onto something, and that needs to be watched further … but - if someone dies, it gets in the news, and then someone deletes it from Twitter, maybe they EITHER didn't die (possible) or were resurrected (? ? ? ). ? Or they died, and it was deleted from the news retroactively? I don't know *shrug*

Thinking about it, I get a lot of spam calls regarding funeral insurance. I always ask them, if I die, and then get resurrected, do I loose my "no claim bonus" ?

Watching China, that question doesn't sound so silly at all!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

And here we go....

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Rich Z
Definitely. Public restrooms are a double edge sword, needing them to wash hands, but breathing in air after someone just unloaded could get you sick. The odor you are smelling are small particles of fecal matter that could have the virus on it. I have seen places with a wash sink for hands out separate of the restroom but those are rare.

health.howstuffworks.com...

Yeah, and please someone, explain to me why many public rest rooms have a door handle on the INSIDE that you need to grab with your hand and pull in order to exit the washroom. Doesn't matter that you washed your hands after you did your business. Probably the last six people who exited by using that handle did no such thing. But yeah, it was helpful wasn't it that the toilet flushed without you having to touch it, the faucet gushed water out of it without having to touch it, and the hand drying fan worked without having to touch it. All for nothing when you got to the door handle to exit.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Yea, I don't think age has much to do with it.? It would be interesting to see a list of ages for the current 1,873 fatalities and graph that out.

Right I was looking for a list of ages but I cant find one. I also haven't read anything saying that young healthy aldults are primarily unaffected. And when I ask them to show evidence they cannot provide anything. So it appears to be just a rumor.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
I just noticed, the "Rest of the World" infections on covid19info.live have doubled in the past week!

Cruise ships mostly?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Unless it’s a new-age bathroom with Dyson Airblade tech, just grab a napkin for drying and tops in the bin after you open the door. The fact of the matter is, people don’t nearly practice wellness inside their homes or out. Inside their bodies or out, inside their minds nor outside of it etc.
We live in a nearly encapsulated world where digital transactions rule the day for everything we could possibly need. Yes this is the day we live in, and it’s true (Amazon, grubhub, Netflix, etc etc) we can order everything to our doors without hesitation or things becoming problematic. Until we reach a time where everyone else does the same. Our incubation/hibernation will not keep the boogeyman at bay the way the Ring will. Educate yourselves. Be well ATS!

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Wordz

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
so....yeah, that could be happening here. The washer's right inside the door. It's okay if you streak across your lawn.

Yeah, but it's going to be hell when the yellow fly season hits sometime in May. Teeth with wings, and they don't play around.

I still wonder whether blood suckers are going to be able to pick up this virus from a host and transfer it to another unlucky soul. Seems like this coronavirus can take advantage of every other conceivable method of transmission.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Any effective bioweapon would...

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join