It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
WHO Official Explains Why Coronavirus Hasn’t Been Called a Pandemic

Dr. Michael Ryan, a top World Health Organization (WHO) official, revealed why the organization is not classifying the COVID-19 outbreak as a global pandemic.

“I think we need to be extremely cautious in using the term ‘pandemic.’ We had lots of controversies during the H1N1 situation, around when it was pandemic and when it wasn’t pandemic, and I think we need to be careful,” he said, referring to the swine flu virus.

A pandemic, Ryan suggested, would have to entail “efficient community transmission outside of China,” where COVID-19, or the Novel Coronavirus, is believed to have originated. He is the executive director of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program.

It’s important for his organization not to create “fear in the world” by labeling the outbreak as a pandemic, according to the official.

Perhaps just a matter of time but reminds me of a movie scene...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

“Cruise ships mostly” - that’s a negative Ghostrider. The world is slowly being ground asunder from something gotta resembles the”flu”. No big wonder why hospitals near and far are not testing for the thing. Ah! But wait! Wasn’t there just a thread exclaiming they can test for 1k with much more efficiency and clear results? Gimme a break. The world powers ahem IMF/WHO/CDC recoup Billions with a “Bs” to protect and mitigate Outbreaks of this nature worldwide. Hate to say it kids, but it will be another 4-6 months before anyone actually fesses up to wtf is actually occurring. I don’t care if it’s too late by then or not, we’d like to think our Digital Age would provide more info, when in fact it provides less. IF people are even aware or trynna look for data/info that serves the general populace.
So sad our modern times...

AGAIN, can anyone honestly tell me or the rest of ATS that there have been less than 100 deaths per day or even 50 deaths per day? Like wtf? China at the beginning of Jan, right as their Lunar New Year, the biggest migration of people worldwide next to Mecca, has only generated less than 2000k? Ahahahaha. Get a grip. CCP tossing college students’ personal effects out windows to provide new beds for the infected/dying? Epic Fail. Supreme Pwnage by TPTB for utilizing our phones and inter webs against us.... wasnt it I your sordid and afflicted amigo that said.... “watch as they use the cruise ships as a focal point for what we ought to/should be concerned about........”

Oh. About those people that tried to warn us initially. They are modern-day heroes, saints, and martyrs.
Let it be known..

Also this: I’m warning the people of the world that we have to be very very careful when staying the WHO is of any use at all, whatsoever.

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: LOL Pho Cough

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Teh hoes

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Gfys WHO

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Supposed to be the latest government sponsored figures:

** The virus killed another 98 people in mainland China, bringing the total death count to 1,868. Daily new cases rose by 1,886 to a total of 72,436.

** The number of new daily infections in mainland China had not been below 2,000 since Jan. 30, while the daily death toll had not come under 100 since Feb. 11.

** In Hubei province, number of deaths rose by 93 to 1,789. An additional 1,807 cases were detected, taking the total in the province to 59,989.

** Outside of China, there are 827 cases in 26 countries and regions, and five deaths.

** The head of a leading hospital in Wuhan died of the disease, state television said, becoming the second prominent Chinese doctor to have succumbed to the pathogen.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is where cruise boat passengeres with corona are being transfered to

Nebraska Medicine/University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha:

The facility: The special 10-bed biocontainment unit is a state-of-the-art facility that has been doing this kind of complicated work for nearly 15 years.

It is a secured area with its own ventilation system that is isolated from the rest of the hospital and is staffed by people with specialized training in communicable diseases.

The quarantine center: UNMC has a federal quarantine center on its campus. That's where 12 other patients from the cruise ship were sent Monday. The facility has 20 purpose-built rooms, that are separate from, but are in close proximity to the biocontainment unit, that can be used if the patients need additional care.

My daughter & her family live in Omaha

edit on 18-2-2020 by GlobalGold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: cirrus12

The did have compulsory inoculations in China, if Hong Kong doesn't go the same way as Wuhan we might have something. Assuming Hong Kong missed them. If that's got anything to do with it, China might totally collapse.

I have a feeling i may have seen this in previous pages, but was there a SARS vaccine given back then?
Could it be that? So this virus affects those that had it more? I guess the only way to know would be to work out who had the vaccine and who died and how. I'm guessing this would be a huge (if not impossible) task and unlikely China would do so ...

A lot of those people might be evidence that is now nothing than ashes courtesy the local crematoriums. Very convenient since China seems intent on keeping some things about all this a secret. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold
Goddamnit. Omaha is where my love lives. I’ve clearly been adamant as to why it’s a bad idea to have 1, yes 1 state of the art medical facility in the state that resides in the heart of the country, near many interstate highways.
Like why dafuq was Ashland a good idea ever?!? Seriously a Nat’l guard training base? Don’t we have islands
or like underwater bases for this chit?!?

Arrrrgh. I wish your daughter and her family the best GG...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Breaking news on the British couple quarantined on the cruise ship. David and Sally Able who have been giving regular video updates to the media have now tested positive for coronavirus.

Story is breaking on GMB.... Other sources to follow.

Sky news
edit on 18 2 20 by solarone because: (no reason given)

edit on 18 2 20 by solarone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Only posting this to provoke thought.

Ending Jan 20, we did BOS ORD OGG HNL LIH LAX IAD. Have been pretty nervous because I caught every cold that exists, and after 6 weeks, just got over them in last two days. Today, Wife stayed in bed and now has a 101F fever.

Can't even begin to imagine how MusicIsMagic and others are stressing.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Oleman because: Accidentally mixed Part A with Part B, trying to umix them.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

“efficient community transmission....” Are you kidding me Like how Officer Barbrady can you get? Like we understand you sick phuqin psychos aren’t gonna lose your market shares to a burgeoning pandemic. Duly noted and stuff. So let’s pay no attention to German human-to-human transmissions. No need to understand that everything is fine for almost 2 months, there’s totally no reason to stop world trade.... Even as major int’l players cancel their global investment and expo meetings? LOL! Haha haha! Gtfo!

That coupled with “important not to spread fear” or whatever” like do you have to go to pathology school to say this stuff? Because there are some clearly qualified ATS members that might be able to pull down these 6-figure jobs outside of myself.

Like can I take the meteorologist test where I get paid to see it raining outside and go, “it could be kinda wet with a chance of severe dampness today!” Because I can make that happen in the bedroom....

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Lol

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: $

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Florida - Sorry, the coronavirus in Florida is a state secret

Palm Beach Post

That’s behind a blur wall.

I don’t work in health industry but my sister works in healthcare financing. She said they could refuse to release info citing HIPA law from 1996. On Twitter people are saying Florida state there’s a specific law.

This may be why we are not hearing anything.

BS, in my opinion. The Federal Hippa Law includes this statement:

"A major goal of the Privacy Rule is to assure that individuals’ health information is properly protected while allowing the flow of health information needed to provide and promote high quality health care and to protect the public's health and well being. The Rule strikes a balance that permits important uses of information, while protecting the privacy of people who seek care and healing."

SOURCE: www.hhs.gov...

If no one's personal information is mentioned, then there is apparently no restriction against statements being made such as "A confirmed case of the coronavirus turned up in Orlando, FL today." That doesn't trample on anyone's privacy, and is certainly in the public's best interests to be aware of.

No, I think this is more of a PFTD Law (Protect Florida's Tourism Dollars Law). Their getting infected while they are in Florida spending their money at a location with known confirmed coronavirus infections will be THEIR problem.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Oh. Fo sho! I exclaimed previously in thread 2 (?) what a joke it was that the same laws that govern states rights to allow for legalization of Marijuana, are also the same one that prevent Florida from having to put their possible pandemic medical emergencies? Gimme a break. What a joke! Enjoy Disney World, lick Epcot Center at your own risk.....

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I keep thinking that the molment of truth in the US is when the CDC releases numbers from the Influenza Hospitalization Surveillance Network sample testing for nCov19, if they actually do.

Seems that we are already in an epidemic of Influenza-B.

"This flu season is comparable to 2018-19’s deadly epidemic and the season peaked earlier than it had ever before in 16 years. The difference lies in the increased rates of children and young adults affected."

"The pattern of the strains spreading is unusual this year but similar to the pattern of the flu emergence about 30 years ago, where B strains exceeded the A strains. It is cited as the reason behind why the immunity of people had not adapted better since the flu vaccine proved ineffective against some influenza B virus strains.

The latter part of the new year, in an extremely rare phenomenon, saw A strains gather speed and spread simultaneously as the B strain, dumbfounding experts who did not predict the pattern."

Full source: www.medicaldaily.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: solarone

Have to think the reason they were “forgotten” by the U.K. gov is because they knew they were, now boris can say they were refused to prevent spread in U.K. ( more pr coming from him then *facepalm*)

Much like that other guy in China who got refused entry to the evac flight because of his temp and claimed “ it’s because he was wearing 3 jackets”( please, who does that !, for a 12 ( think China is a 12 hour or more ) flight to U.K.???
Don’t believe that was the reason behind that one either tbh

source:
news.sky.com...

edit on 18-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: source for second part

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

“If they actually do.”

Riddle me this... if CDC innit allowed into CCP territory, do we all honestly expect WHO to give us plebs “the facts”, when clearly they’ve had to sign the largest NDA in human history, just to get “official #s” from China?

I know we are a conspiracy site and all, but I’ve honestly been waiting for Chinese or governmental assassins so I can scalp somebody with a blade.

I.e: NO, I am not that violent nor trained, yes I’ve said some supremely unwise and unfavorable things towards the CCP and those that support them in this largest disinfo campaign since #Arkanscide and/or #9/11

Come get some

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: #s

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Florida - Sorry, the coronavirus in Florida is a state secret

Palm Beach Post

That’s behind a blur wall.

I don’t work in health industry but my sister works in healthcare financing. She said they could refuse to release info citing HIPA law from 1996. On Twitter people are saying Florida state there’s a specific law.

This may be why we are not hearing anything.

BS, in my opinion. The Federal Hippa Law includes this statement:

"A major goal of the Privacy Rule is to assure that individuals’ health information is properly protected while allowing the flow of health information needed to provide and promote high quality health care and to protect the public's health and well being. The Rule strikes a balance that permits important uses of information, while protecting the privacy of people who seek care and healing."

SOURCE: www.hhs.gov...

If no one's personal information is mentioned, then there is apparently no restriction against statements being made such as "A confirmed case of the coronavirus turned up in Orlando, FL today." That doesn't trample on anyone's privacy, and is certainly in the public's best interests to be aware of.

No, I think this is more of a PFTD Law (Protect Florida's Tourism Dollars Law). Their getting infected while they are in Florida spending their money at a location with known confirmed coronavirus infections will be THEIR problem.

IMHO.

BTW, I found a website for the Florida Dept. of Health: www.floridahealth.gov... and on it they are plainly stating that:
"Though no cases have been reported in Florida to date, the Department is coordinating closely with our local partners to investigate, confirm, contain and report any suspected cases, should they occur."

So I sent them an email asking about their policy of keeping concerned citizens informed of this contagious pathogen. So we'll see what sort of reply, if any, I get in return.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Note: it’s a holiday weekend so they might just email you back saying, “It’s a small world after all”.... haha haha

edit on 18-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cougb

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
Having seen how grossly incapable we are, collectively, at maintaining a city wide or country wide quarantine
(China, Cruise Ships, Japan, flight leaks everywhere, etc.), compounded by different levels of standards across different countries (Cambodia testing thousands in days, and sending them on flights back around the world, vs Japan's weeks), I am entirely unconvinced that we could ever effectively contain a virus like this in our modern world.

Given that is the case, and seeing how a quarantine situation may even make matters worse (grouping people together, compounding chances of infection, error in detection, panic, etc)... what can the world do?

Maybe the governments of the world downplaying this is the best course of action.

Let it run it's course, spread throughout society, integrate with the pathogen smörgåsbord that is our planet... get on with our daily lives and allow the economy to continue, even if there are an unsettling high number of Flu/Corona/Cold deaths for a few years.

It will probably cause less damage (a few 10's of millions of deaths... YIKES!!!), than the economic repercussions of isolating countries from each other in this global age.

Given the apparent choices, maybe just education on cleanliness and ubiquitous personal safeguards (washing hands, covering mouth when sneezing, etc.), and awareness of health is the best our governments can do.

Otherwise, by quarantine; risk economic collapse, human rights abuses, panic, civil unrest, riots, crime, population boredom, potential worse spread of infection, etc...

"Knuckle up, accept that today may be the day you die, and get on with it! (... and develop a $$$vaccine$$$... lol)"... may be the best approach to not only get through something like this, but protect the freedoms that we enjoy as well as our cultures and societies.

Well, I think it would be quicker and easier to restart a country's economy than it would be to replace a large portion of the populace that died from a contagion to work that economy. Not to mention that if that country's government withheld information or failed to act adequately and quickly enough to protect it's citizens, quite likely that government could see itself ridden out of town on rails while being tarred and feathered. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Only posting this to provoke thought.

Ending Jan 20, we did BOS ORD OGG HNL LIH LAX IAD. Have been pretty nervous because I caught every cold that exists, and after 6 weeks, just got over them in last two days. Today, Wife stayed in bed and now has a 101F fever.

Can't even begin to imagine how MusicIsMagic and others are stressing.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

If her fever lasts more than 2 days, take her in immediately, and take every precaution to keep things clean , sheets, surfaces, bathrooms, everything.

From what I have been hearing and my contacts over seas, the Virus isnt like a cold or flu where your fever breaks, one of its big dangerous factors is the fever STAYS and wont break.

So get here there ASAP if this is the case.........im sure thats not universal, but i hear its a very strong symptom, along with persistent painful coughing

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I was here for the Ebola outbreak, and we all freaked out (for good reasons) about it. We’re all still here to freak out about the snowflake-flu.

We’re gonna be fine. Drink some OJ every morning and wash your hands. This isn’t the end of the world. Buckling your children into proper safety seats will save more people than are at risk of death from this outbreak.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I was here for the Ebola outbreak, and we all freaked out (for good reasons) about it. We’re all still here to freak out about the snowflake-flu.

We’re gonna be fine. Drink some OJ every morning and wash your hands. This isn’t the end of the world. Buckling your children into proper safety seats will save more people than are at risk of death from this outbreak.

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join