It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum
a reply to: Phage

How did ancient mariners navigate?
They looked at how high the Sun is at Noon.

but the question is can you do this?

and the again just before sunset?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

Wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The evidence is all over the place, and easily found, and verifiable, via science--y'know, math and stuff.

You know what? Never mind. If you choose to believe that the Earth is flat, contrary to all the evidence available, have at it. It's an idiotic notion, but whatever.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Do you think they're contagious??

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep. All those years on fishing boats, and we were lost every time. Damn, we got lucky, a lot, didn't we?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Do you think they're contagious??

not in the traditional sense...

Though at first there was only one real flat earther here... now theres two...

Stupidity spreads easily among the like minded

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The evidence is all over the place, and easily found, and verifiable, via science--y'know, math and stuff.

Verifiable, schmerifiable.

Verifiying something using a my own observations skills. critical thought, and logic doesn't beat blindly believing what some stranger says on a Youtube video.

edit on 26/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

. . . we don't need to have 100% of everything charted to have a map showing where Australia, Europe, North and South America are.
Are you implying that such a map already exists? Do you mean, like a globe? Do you think a globe accurately places the various land masses where they are in real life?
If your answer is yes, then it is just a belief because there is evidence that the typical globe depiction of the earth is very much flawed.
I will have to try to search for it but there is a anomaly mentioned in some flat earth videos about the time difference between England and New Zealand, where if you have someone in England and another person in New Zealand for example talking to each other on the phone, the one in England could be describing how the Sun is starting to go down to set, while at the same time, the person in New Zealand would be describing how the sun had come up a while ago, while according to the globe, they would be on opposite sides of it, and one of then has to be in nighttime.
edit on 2018827 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So this is your answer to can you go outside and look up?
Back in 1492, people could just go outside and look, out or up or down or whatever.
This is when they started to come up with these ideas of the earth being a ball.
This is what is called anecdotal evidence.
Now we have instruments to take readings and use scientific procedure to get better outcomes.
Sphere believers don't like scientific instruments and want everyone to stick to the old methods, that keeps everything the same to eternity.

I guess its a coincidence
How else could you answer it? Every question a sphere believer can ask a flat earth'r, this is things discussed over and over, and the people learning off the same videos will give the same answer as they hear themselves.

Look stop being stupid.
Making precise measurements is being stupid?

The sun when its close to horizon is bigger than its is when its directly above
I posted two different videos showing that the sun does get smaller, and if you are in a dry place like a desert, you can see it get to a tiny size and disappear before it even hits the horizon.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You know what? Never mind. If you choose to believe that the Earth is flat, contrary to all the evidence available, have at it.
To me, what this tells me is that here is a person and they believe a lot of things because someone in a position of authority told them these things before they had enough life experiences that could produce counter arguments.
The result is brain washing and one that is resistant to further counter arguments because of the depth of this indoctrination.
When confronted with plausible arguments against these beliefs, the internal mental reaction to those that threaten their belief is to reply that of course there is all kinds of evidence to support those things presented to them as if they were facts.
What those proofs are, they cannot recall because it is probably things told to them when they were 5 or 6 years old and cannot remember the details enough to recount them to someone else but mainly hold them in a section of their thinking where you put undeniable things.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just let these people believe whatever they want to believe, you cant change someones mind if they're uninformed or ignorant or simply aren't open to other ideas. That being said, it's times like these I'm glad people like LolliKum will never hold any position that will change scientific thought or theory.

Its hard to believe that the one nation who has put boots on the moon also has one of the highest percentage of flat earthers around the globe. You have to start wondering where the education system has gone wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachifunny, that you would present that video.
Well, I guess safe for you because you do not provide any commentary like if you agree with the video or if you think it is good evidence or even proof of anything.
Anyway, the video is just evidence of the extent that mainstream media is willing to go to in dishonesty to try to defend some bad science that has now become a religion, the whole spherical earth and heliocentrism set of ways to picture the universe.
The debunking of this Discovery Channel hoax is in another video I will post on this thread.
Go to one hour into this video, and it starts a few second later to describe this very video that you posted, then watch up to one hour and 11 minutes.
What it says, basically, is that they did not level the laser at the beginning and the supposed variance they claim is not even what the theoretical curvature calls for but they on purpose rigged the experiment to fail on the side of the sphere earth believers.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Its hard to believe that the one nation who has put boots on the moon also has one of the highest percentage of flat earthers around the globe. You have to start wondering where the education system has gone wrong.
It has more to do with what countries have the freest access to the internet and do not do as much censorship.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

why you think it is not safe for him in case he commented? is it safe for you to watch a three hour conspiracy video and claim you are a graphic from a game?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Sphere believers don't like scientific instruments and want everyone to stick to the old methods, that keeps everything the same to eternity.

Whereas people who believe the earth is flat don't actually know what science is...

They believe science = youtube

Morons

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

sadly, this forum has issues with youtube links.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

its easy to ignore a link...

Not so easy to ignore blatant stupidity

at least for me

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Damla

its easy to ignore a link...

Not so easy to ignore blatant stupidity

at least for me

i am all in. lets try

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Oh my, i just love this theory! Have you seen this video before? www.youtube.com...

I hope it posts ok, there's a glitch everyones join date is the same so i'm trying to be as accurate as I can be.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join